en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_ontological_proof
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ontological_argument
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How does math prove a soul exists?

WE ARE ALL ONE

No.

your god is too small

Can someone please tell me

1.) The benefit of joining a religion in 2017?

and

2.) The benefit of believing in God in 2017?

some bullshit about "degeneracy" and "tradition"

Nah.

I've defeated every atheist in debate and made them into stammering idiots, some of them have even broken down into tears.
For the past 12 years I've engaged in hundreds of discussions and debates, I have achieved a monopoly over victory -- I always win.

It's got to the point where I don't even give a shit now, anytime you annihilate the atheist and they run out of arguments and can't counter your points, they just crawl away like bitches and go into denial and try to ignore the experience.

Debating atheists is entirely fruitless, they're more incredulous than die hard religious people. Even if you answer all their questions they just go quiet or freak out and slap their keyboards while screaming the equivalent of "nuh uh!"... pointless.

If you want a white wife it's the only way.

If your god exists then explain THIS

What are some of your points that have stumped Atheists?

is this copypasta?

What have you done?

Never.

Sacrifice your comfort for the truth.

I'm an atheist and I am pro-life, hate homosexuals, want traditional family values, am conservative, etc etc etc.

kys

also sage

Low quality lies and b8

You think a universe with a God is more comforting than one without one? Damn, you're stupid.

t. a guy who understands theology

>Stop being an atheist.
Stop being a dick-sucker

Darn-Tootin.

IQ is not correlated with bravery. The man is a coward who is scared of death. He'll do whatever mental gymnastics necessary to maintain his faith.

>t. a guy who understands theology
>t. a guy with a big fishhook in his mouth

where do i find a qt like this?

First Person is one of the best TV shows ever but Chris Langan comes off like a delusional idiot. The Who Wants To Be A Millionaire guy is way better.

>being this new
You know its really really pathetic when you have to lie to gain internet points on Sup Forums right?

>You think a universe with a God is more comforting than one without one?

Most people won't understand it but you're right. Atheist and nihilist point of view are way more comfortable : nothing exists, nothing matters so why bother ?
On the other side believing that a supperior moral exists, that everything matters and that all your acts and all of your choices have an impact on the rest of the universe is pretty hard to handle.

The bible (and any other "holy book") is a lie. Everyone knows that. So if you want to believe in your imaginary god, its your problem.

In your dreams?

>having a god means your actions matter
On the contrary, what you do doesnt matter fuckshit because youre just a puppet to a genocidal maniacial deity's masterplan.

Christopher Langan is an atheist,dumbass.

Thinking that you'll go to heaven after you die and live in paradise eternally is less comfortable than thinking once you die there is nothing (just like before you were born)???

wat

>The bible (and any other "holy book") is a lie.

People have been trying to answer the deepest questions about life for thousands of years and some managed to gather all the wisdom their people acquired into a handful of books and you reject all of it ?

>nothing exists, nothing matters so why bother ?
That's not nihilism
-->Men make morals

>Christopher Langan is an atheist dumbass.

Then why do you watch his videos?

>implying heaven
>not reincarnation

Why do athiest think all people who believe in God believe in heaven?

Fuck that, join Varg's pagan yoga-class.

>youre just a puppet to a genocidal maniacial deity's masterplan

That's just the closed-minded way you think of God.
Most people believe that God gave us free will and that it's people who choose to lead a good or an evil life.

>God has a plan
>we have free will
pick one

So you reincarnate for a couple of thousand years or until there's an event that destroys pretty much all complex life forms in the Earth, then what?

Even reincarnation is far more comforting than an eternity of nothingness

The people who believe in heaven also often believe in hell, but personally I don't buy any of this.

>once you die there is nothing
Once again : why bother if it doesn't matter ?

>It's year 3148 and you have the ability to create as many different
tiny worlds as you want by just pressing one button on your computer.
>You create a new species and watch it evolve. >You speed up the process and observe the species evolve
>Take a shit, come back and see something similar to 2017 Earth

If there was a creator, would he really care about us? Why would he care about us worshiping and recognizing him?

You must not know any smart atheists. I don't think you understand how logic works.

As things are going, we don't even have 200 years before there's massive death in this world.

So basically... why try to live a good life and be a good person if there is nothing after you die?

Just because a person doesn't believe in life after death or reincarnation of some kind doesn't mean that they'll have an attitude that nothing matters rofl. Are you on psychiatric medication?

We have free will there's no doubt.
The "God has a plan" thing doesn't mean he imposes it on you

I would rather than "everything works according to God's plan"

>why try to live a good life and be a good person if there is nothing after you die?

It's rather "why be a good person if there's no supperior moral?"
Why even bother being good to others if you can only act for your own good whether it helps or hurts people ?

Allow me to elaborate.
>god knows everything im about to do
>i have free will
Pick one.

Only dullards or emotionally compromised losers need a religion or promise of something after death to desire to be a good person.

You don't have to be religious or believe in a God or afterlife to know it's wrong to murder people or rape someone...

Seriously... are you on psychiatric medication? Serious question.

Because being a good person helps make society and life for my family better instead of being a greedy fuck who only does it because they want to go to heaven.

Yes daddy

I don't see why both can't go together. God knows what you're about to do but you're still the one choosing what you're doing

>Langan told Muscle Magazine that "you cannot describe the universe completely with any accuracy unless you're willing to admit that it's both physical and mental in nature".
The mustache should be enough to convince you. You can look up the interview in your copy of the December 2001 issue of Muscle magazine.

>doesn't mean he imposes it on you
It means exactly that by definition. Words have meaning. You can change the definition of words, but that won't refute the argument, which still uses the original meaning of the words.

That's not about religion or promise, that's about recognizing there's a higher moral/being inside of yourself that's shared with the rest of the universe

>it's wrong to murder people or rape someone
Yeah it's "wrong" but why bother if it benefits you ? If I kill you to steal your money it's a good thing for me, maybe not for you but definitly for me. So why shouldn't I do it ?

And no I'm not on psychiatric medication

Doubles of Truth

The thing is that you can't justify any moral obligations or standard without God. You can't say that rape is wrong or evil if you dont have an anchor in wich you set upon to say it's wrong. You can say: its wrong because she suffers, but who says that suffering is wrong? You are borrowing concepts from a theistic world view to fit in your atheistic world view.

youtube.com/watch?v=8RqYK9972s0

Theists are simple-minded folk that believe in the same Bronze Age superstitions that illiterate Palestinians did 2000 years ago.

BRB Zeus gonna smite me down LOL

but im not

Heaven

also there isn't any downside

I wrote it wrong, it's rather "everything works according to God's plan".

I realize this is a copy pasta but they actually never have an actual arguement for

Don't tell me what to do faggot

i think the IQ test got fucked up or something when they were doing it

i saw a show on this guy and he just whines about how bad his life is and how mean his daddy was to him and how he got jacked and then he tried to write a paper that was 'theory of everything in the universe' and it was just postmodern garbage at that bonkers reed college

>Stop being an atheist.

Yes mom, but first tell your churches to stop fucking our kids.

You only get to atheism by taking god literally and not seriously. Atheists are unironically mediocrity-signaling.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_ontological_proof

Stop having a sandnigger as your messiah

like how a parent loves their kid

so OP wants us to conform and join the brainwashed religious masses? nah, i don't think so.

>smart
>atheist
Pick one and only one.

Because our prime directive is to survive, which extends to our family and the rest of the human race. Being a nihilist runs counter to this. Why do you think we're compelled to build robots? When we die off, they'll carry our legacy. It's the ultimate form of survival.

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ontological_argument

Respond to wrong post. I suck cock.

not all Christians are Cuckolicks, user

That isn't the argument.

The example of murder needs to be without consequence, simple murder for money is obviously not beneficial to you. You can extract much more money by not murdering even if you are a complete sociopath.

The question needs to be: would you murder someone for a million dollars if there was absolutely no way to trace it back to you? Some atheists will correctly say no because of the mental effects it has on themselves but by doing so they enter the realm of the subjective psychological world that is ruled by mythology. What is the force that demands you suffer for your misdeeds even if no one else knows? It's your nature, the nature of reality, the rules that have always been in place, God demanding that you obey.

i read his universal theory high on mushrooms and i lost my fucking mind

however even if he is not completely correct, i have spent the past year picking the brains of enlightened minds and have come to the following profound and irrefutable conclusions:

>there is a god/universe consciousness and we are are all aspects of it
>tesla was right about pretty much everything
>we don't live in a simulation
>quantum mechanics is complete bullshit and anything from the quantum cult is just using it to control human behavior (become god without actually doing anything), and a hundred years from now it will be regarded to be even more retarded than geocentric theories of the middle ages
>big ass head and big ass forehead=smart

>smart
>Christian
pick two and only two

>stop being correct
No.

Explain it then oh wise one

Yeah I really don't want to be part of a cult who wastes there Sundays singing to the invisible man. with some shill telling me how much I need to give to the church so some ass hole can install a few more golden toilets in there 50 bedroom mansion

no he said "stop being retarded"

>dedicating your life to something you just have "faith" is real
>being smart

pick one. It shouldn't be hard

>doesn't realize you have faith in every single thing you believe in that you haven't tested your self

also
neck your self faggot

sure is nice to see you spreading the faith of love based entirely upon a book and man with no solid supporting evidence.

>hasn't read rhe thread

also I don't lose anything by believing in God

>everything works according to God's plan
That doesn't change anything. If God has a plan, then your life is predetermined according to that plan, therefore you have no free will. You must follow his plan or it isn't a plan.

have you tested your god? You have a fundemental misunderstanding of what the word "faith" means.

Other than the parting oms the sea, all this does is confirm historical accuracy, not the accuracy regarding the supernatural.

The rules of the universe are predetermined, not what's happening into it

Elaborate.

if you are able to gain religious views it's because you never actually lacked them in the first place.

people don't understand concepts like phenomenology or non-cognitivism and then decide to say fuck it and disregard them in favor of make-believe.

that being said, most self-ascribed atheists have no philosophical education whatsoever and hold moral realist/deductionist values.

>I don't lose anything by believing in God
You lose lifetime spamming your dumb video links on Sup Forums.

Just like not all Muslims are terrorists. The peaceful majority will just un-diddle those kids , right?

the best analogy i heard was

if you rewatch a movie you know what all the characters are going to do. But did you make rhem do it?

also in the bible does it even say God can see the future?

Noah's ark and Sodom couldn't have just happened normally. And scroll down in the thread

Only I'm correct and not retarded.