Why are terrorists so inefficient?

Why are terrorists so inefficient?

They could just place a bomb on the rails of a high-speed train (like the thalis) close to a bridge or tunnel entrance and guarantee kill 300+ people and get away with it.

Why don't they do that? are they simply too stupid?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_involving_railway_systems
youtube.com/watch?v=Ew-SrlQ9tlI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because those places are usually under surveillance.

you are kidding right? the entire railway system is being monitored with instant intervention?

Because suicide bombers can't learn from their mistakes.

You can't just walk up to a high-speed rail line, there are fences and rail workers. Also I imagine most would-be bombers get caught by intelligence services way before they actually make a functional bomb. Truck attacks are the way to go desu.

In large cities were it's a major use of transportation for thousands of people? Yes, they're usually under surveillance. If you're talking regular country railroads, why blow that up? You'd just put 2 or 3 people in danger.
When people commit a terror attack they go for places with a lot of people, usually stationary like a stadium or club to plant a bomb, wait for it to fill up with people and try to cause as much damage as they can. Trying to blow up a train takes more time and energy to do.

the train that goes at high speed from brussels to paris (both terrorist hotspots, in fact a terrorist already tried to gun down people on that train) passes through all of wallonia and northern france nature and fields and hills and shiet.

basically countryside.

so yes.

Yes good idea. Let's go out in the countryside and risk being caught messing around a rail road when it's easier to put a bag in a building and blow it up. Where are you going to be when you try to set off a bomb? middle of nowhere right next to the bomb? where the only thing in sight is suspiciously you when a few people passing you by could probably identify you doing something suspicious?

still better to MAYBE kill 3-400 people and get away with it than to walk into a building and blow yourself up killing 20 tops

That's more of the older generation's style of terrorism, think Al-Qaeda (striking at symbols of imperialism, disrupting infrastructure, etc.). The younger guys (the Islamic State) are more into attacking what they see as degenerate lifestyles, and that's why they attack nightclubs, concerts, etc.

because (((they))) only want to scare people, but they don't really want to damage the infraestructure or hurt the nation economy.

>in fact a terrorist already tried to gun down people on that train

You're welcome for us saving you again with that, cucks

>go into subway during rush hour
>accidentally leave bag behind
allahujihakahardahkallamuhammarijibidaddila'heimahamaramadamadingdong

Except it's easier to get caught when you're fucking around at a railroad in the middle of the country. Where the few people here and there that pass you by, are most likely going to report you to the police. You can't get your message across if you get caught.

That said, they could be a lot more efficient. Imagine an ammonia and bleach mix in the a/c piping of a government building. Also they are able to make sarin in the middle of a fucking desert, why wouldn't they be able to make it in acc actual city?

Pretty common
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_involving_railway_systems

you sound like a loser

0 initiative

>attacking what they see as degenerate lifestyles
So is ISIS basically middle east's Sup Forums?

>wait for Super Bowl
>rent a helicopter
>fill with bombs
>crash into Super Bowl during half time
Boom. Don't know why this is the first attack on a public event. Please, FBI, this is just theoretical and not any way my intention. Please don't van me.

How hard could it be for some ISIS guys to become or radicalize airplane pilots? Then they could get another plane wherever they want!

I'm just trying to answer why terrorists don't target railroad infrastructure.. It's easier to be in the traincar, the station or somewhere more crowded.

This. If I was a terrorist, I would just get a truck and ram that sucker into a crowd. Stick some spikes and shit on the front.

Not really. A better way of saying it is that they're the Millenials of jihad.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ew-SrlQ9tlI

Muslims have low IQ

My guess would be that they didnt like the degeneracy going on at that concert, theyre not just killing randomly.

Pretty hard, pilot school isn't easy nor is it cheap. Plus to be a pilot of a country where you're going to fly over countries of significance isn't easy either. After 9/11 the FAA and other air travel departments have cracked down on air plane travel. Even a slight alteration of your flight path will be tracked, corrected and logged. If you don't comply then there will most likely be an interception or warning. Airplanes are fast, but they aren't faster than a jet.

It's a black flag attack designed to look as bad as possible. When real terrorists want to kill people, they use trucks it seems.

I'm asking myself this, right now. I thought they would have learnt how efficient automatic weapons are in a crowded area after Paris. Did they just forget?

>"Duuuuuur, lets use a nail bomb"
>"No, no, suicide bomb!"
>"Wont that absorb the shrap-"
>"Shut up Ahmed. We're doing it."

Because it's cheap and easy to mow down a ton of people in a crowded street. Bombs cost money and knowledge of how to use the bomb.

its because terrorist are not anywhere near a real threat in our western world. they may shoot up a club every couple of years, but more people die of dog attacks per year than terrorist attacks. but we don't seem to be spending tens of billions of dollars keeping people safe from dogs.

'terrorists' are just a great excuse to ramp up the police/surveillance state.

Because accidents are the same as deliberate attacks.

Fucking statniggers, so obsessed with numbers that you don't try to interpret them

So...we taking normal murder rates into account, then? Not sure your logic holds up, leaf.

Another option is doing it in a football game. Every Premier League game has a couple of thousands of people who could die if they received a bomb from the sky.

Also, I believe these hypotheses should be seriously considered by Law enforcement. European politicians do a great job at ignoring the danger.

Nevertheless, I don't really care about impermanent, ordinary lives. My real preoccupation - that which sometimes gives me nightmares at night (seriously) - has to do with museums. I dread the day when a Muslim will just drop a bomb on a Italian church. Can you imagine it? A guy did this with some statues a few weeks ago. There is a video of it. It was low-value stuff, but it was more than 1000 years old. And it was ONE man. Those statues will NEVER be the same anymore. They've been destroyed. It takes many months to create, many centuries to preserve, but one minute to destroy. Can you imagine what a group of people could do if they wanted? There is no guarantee that our grandchildren will be able to enjoy the works of Michelangelo and Giotto, and this, to me, would represent our greatest catastrophe since the fall of the Roman Empire.

>a dog attack is the same as a terrorist attack

ISIS is Sup Forums if Sup Forums weren't a bunch of nu-male autistic pussies

I live in NYC and its scary af how horrible the security is. There is literally nothing stopping someone from carrying a bomb into the subway and easily kill a few hundred people.

>Talk about normal murders
>Leaf keeps going on about dog attacks.
Did you vote for C-16 since you're on this roll, batty boy?

>I'm a faggot

Fake, that's from a tv show she's on

>respond to a post comparing dog attacks and terrorist attacks
>stupid britcuckistani starts sperging out about murders

Islamic governments are able to make sarin, not a few dumbfuck members of Muslims abroad. They are stupid enough to launch an attack in the first place, they don't care about how efficient it is. Also, better cities than the countryside.

If I was a terrorist targeting the US I would just lobby for gun rights and watch Americans kill each other.
Maybe I would also lobby for tobacco so they kill the selves , and against the EPA so they kill their water source

>Why are terrorists so inefficient?

Years ago I read a story about how for a few hundred million dollars terrorists could purchase a bank and flood the inter-bank communication systems with billions of dollars in fake transactions, effectively bring down the
worldwide economic system.

I don't think their aiming to kill a lot of people. I know it sounds cliche, but they pick their targets for a reason, mainly to voice their opposition towards someone or something, and the goal being to make everyone scared. The Boston marathon bombing only killed three people but it scared the shit out of an entire city for a week.

in a concert for teens spreads more terror

>Also I imagine most would-be bombers get caught by intelligence services way before they actually make a functional bomb

Horse shit, the only reason the San Bernardino terrorists succeeded was because no one reported them for suspicious activity because they were afraid of being racist. The last thing these PC govts want to do is show paranoia, or as the left calls it, Islamophobia.

Why don't they do it though?