Why do we pretend America is a democracy?

Why do we pretend America is a democracy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uk-jlTh5rqQ
constitution.org/billofr_.htm
constitution.org/constit_.htm
thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/305874-clinton-didnt-play-to-win-the-popular-vote-she-lost
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I call pretend it is because our jewish masters tell us to.

We don't, Democracies are for cucks who let the popular vote get flooded with shitskins. 80,000 white rust belters gave Trump the electoral win.

democracy is shit, thats why the founding fathers made us a republic, aka the best system. It only gets bad when you give welfare bums and woman voting rights.

No country in the world is a democracy

I always laugh at these images, no matter who the manlet is portrayed as

>Why do we pretend America is a democracy?
Because you're too stupid to realize it's actually a democratic republic.

And to the republic for which it stands.
Not a democracy, shill.

SHE

FUCKING

WON

>we
Who's "we"? People who say "popular vote = win"?
America is a republic and anybody who wants to argue just has to look at the recent election.

And a republic is pretty good, because voting in democracies has the flaws of "I'll vote for X because I don't like Y" "The Right/Left failed their previous presidency so I'll vote for the Left/Right in this one"
Not to mention candidates endorsing others

Why do we pretend leftists understand government

>republic, representative democracy, electoral college

Its not though, its a plurality system.

Democratic REPUBLIC.

>Gets millions of more votes
>still can't manage to win

holy fuck, she's such a loser
ahahh hAHAHhh ahhaHHAh ahHA ha

Good question

We are not a democracy we are a republic.
>Because our kids are bainwashed on school

You're acting as if you're still butthurt over the election LOL

We aren't a democracy, and it would serve democrats like yourself well to understand that simple concept. I won't be holding my breath.
Have some spice for your thread, simpleton.

these states banned fag marriage
2/3 of states can change the social compact
the judiciary cannot
we have fag marriage
this is tyranny
not democracy

Because America is not a democracy, we are a constitutional republic?

NO

SHE

DIDN'T

WIN

YOU

STUPID

NIGGER

Who the fuck is "we"?

>Discussing an issue dealt with months ago
>Providing no new insight
>Just riling up Trump-fans/shilling some idiot leftist point?

This is a slide thread!

That someone can win the popular vote and not the election is a sign that America's democracy may be broken
That Hillary can win the popular vote is a sign that democracy itself is broken
That Hillary could run in the first place is a sign that democracy is broken
That a nigger could be elected even once, but especially twice, in a country with even one able white man, is a sign that democracy is a failure
That women and non-whites, who have time and again shown that they have no idea what is best for any nation, can not only vote but also run, is a sign that democracy is broken
Democracy is a failure. It was never a good idea and it should go into the trash bin of history. Democracy shifts power from the government to the (((media))).

So politicians don't just cater to population dense cities.

"No taxes for large cities" would win the presidency

>The constitutional republic meme
Why is it Americans use the antiquated term for democracy and republic but not liberal....?
By modern standards it's a representative democracy.

We don't' faggot, because it isn't. It's a REPUBLIC

Its not, its a constitutional republic.

The only people pretending are leftists.

America is a Republic.

Even the leaf's know

>people on Sup Forums are this retarded

substantial number of rigged voting machine funded by soros + illegals can vote

You are all retarded. Fuck all of you, you cuckolded goyim faggots.

The U.S. is a democracy. It is not a *direct* democracy, but it is a democracy nonetheless. You shills think that "democracy" is the same thing as "direct democracy." They are not the same thing.
A direct democracy is when all citizens vote, or at least have the opportunity to vote, directly on all major issues to decide them themselves. Examples: Golden Age Athens, some towns in New England who do not have mayors.

A regular democracy is any form of government in which power ultimately, at least in theory, derives from the people. A direct democracy is a *type* of democracy, but it is not the only type.

A republic is a form of government in which representatives vote on the behalf of the people. Example: Republican Rome.
However, as was the case with Republican Rome, a republic does not require that representatives are elected. They could be simply appointed by another office to theoretically represent the interests of the people.

A republic in which the representatives are elected my democratic means is... wait for it...

A DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC

Because although there are representatives, these representatives derive their authority "from the consent of the governed." It is a blend of both direct democracy and bare bones republicanism.
Fucking shocker. Get gud scrubs.
Thank you leaf. You are the only other non-retarded person in this God-forsaken thread.

>he believes there's such a thing as ((democracy))

youtube.com/watch?v=uk-jlTh5rqQ

No I'm not retarded. You democratically elect your representatives to the legislature. Your president is elected via popular vote in each state. States power in presidential election is weighted to stop big states controlling the presidency. Winning the most states means winning the presidency.

It's not, it's a representative republic. Most logical people understand why a total mob rule of the underclass is dangerous. Even in 1776.

Pay no attention to the millions of illegals that are voter age, and the fact that if you are going to rig an election, the popular vote is effected most easily...which is done typically in high population centers...which is exactly what happened. Also as all the others pointed out, only the sageblues and lefties are so ignorant to think we live in a democracy. Pro tip: we have never been a democracy.

Don't waste your keystrokes. 90% of Americans apply "republican vs Democrat" logic to the "republic or democracy" argument and they think they're conflicting terms

Apartheid, our tyrannical rulers are the minority. Oh and dont play the word change game they play, minority does not equal skin color.

>1 post by this ID

>Winning the most states means winning the presidency.

Well no, you can easily win the presidency and not have a majority of the states.

>A regular democracy is any form of government in which power ultimately, at least in theory, derives from the people.
Except the power of the Federal government is derived from the Constitution and the States

Because it's a representive republic?

The constitutions makes no mention of a "popular vote" determining those in power and the founding fathers themselves only wanted property owners (wealthy and white) to have that privilege, it does however mention the electoral college which has been the system that determined the President since 1788

Suck my dick

Same

No it's not you massive prolapsed anus. The Constitution is a declaration of the authority that it has, not the font from whence it springs. It is a contract between the citizenry and the government, in which the people agree to sacrifice some liberties in exchange for safety and order.
None of that contradicts what I said. Break your rusty asshole off on an unpruned cactus, shill.

And yet all official papers and documents refer to us as a republic.
constitution.org/billofr_.htm
constitution.org/constit_.htm
I see nothing here that says democracy however I do see
>Section. 4. The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government
And if you're going to be a semantic cunt about words, formally we are a democratic constitutional republic because our elected officials derive their power from the Constitution of the Unite States of America and not the consent of the governed.
But what do I know? By your own words I'm a shill

>in which the people
The people did not ratify the constitution the states did

We don't faggot.

>our elected officials derive their power from the Constitution of the Unite States of America

The Constitution is a declaration of the authority that it has, not the font from whence it springs. It is a contract between the citizenry and the government, in which the people agree to sacrifice some liberties in exchange for safety and order.

>formally we are a democratic constitutional republic

So you agree with me.

The fuck do you think a state is, cunt?

Read the shitty blatant OP b8 you incontinent sperg, he's alluding to the presidential election

And why are you obsessed with anal? I think you're a repressed homosexual tbqh

>The fuck do you think a state is, cunt?
A sovereign entity
It doesnt matter how many people they have they are still a state

I'm not contesting the results of the election. Trump won according to the rules of our democratic republic. I am clearing up confusion about what shills think constitutes a democracy.

A sovereign entity composed of people, whose representatives are elected by people.

But they dont get their authority by having people
They get it from being a state

>Trump won according to the rules of our democratic republic.

Glad we agree, don't quote me again nigger

You're a fucking retard. A republic is using representatives voted by the public to represent us. There's a totally different word for it.

>But they dont get their authority by having people
>They get it from being a state

>A B.L.T. isn't a sandwich because it is two pieces of bread with bacon, lettuce, and tomato in the middle.
>It's a sandwich because it's a B.L.T.

And a state has to have people, or it is not a state. Statehood, by definition, requires people to exist. Are you seriously this dense?

>a republic is using representatives voted by the public to represent us
>a republic is using representatives voted by the public
>representatives voted by the public
>voted by the public
>voted by the public

What is democracy.

>don't quote me again nigger

Which is called a Republic, not a Democracy. Democracy is govered by the Demos, not representatives.

A square is a rectangle but a rectangle isnt a square.

and none of what you said matters

It's a republic. It's almost like you're validating the choice of the electoral college, aren't you ShareBlue?

>Not knowing what a constitutional republic is

Because it's not democracy, bitch.

>Statehood, by definition, requires people to exist.
citation needed
If every person left a state there is nothing in the constitution that says they would stop being a state

>Which is called a republic

What is? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

>Democracy is governed by the demos

Democracy derives its authority from the demos. It is not necessarily governed by it. It can be, and if it is, that is a *direct* democracy, but it doesn't have to be.

>A square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square

A rectangle isn't *necessarily* a square, but it can be, and this is precisely my point.

We don't because it never has been. It's a republic

your autism is showing

None of what any of us says matters.

>If every person left a state there is nothing in the constitution that says they would stop being a state

Holy fuck you're stupid.

>nothing in the constitution that says

First of all, the Constitution doesn't address a myriad of issues. This is so true that it, in fact, has provisions specifically recognizing its intentional vagueness and providing for the states and the people to take over the issues left out of the text itself. These are called Amendments IX and X of the Bill of Rights.

Secondly, a state is a political entity. Politics require people. States require a government. Governments are composed of people. States take up land. Why do they take up this land? To serve the interests of the people living on that land.

It seems like you think that states are arbitrary lines drawn out on maps and nothing more. States are primarily political, economic, cultural, etc. entities before they are geographical ones.

Thank you.

>Democracy derives its authority from the demos.
No, GOVERNMENT derives its authority from it. How the fuck can you have a government of a single person governing 350 million?

Democracy is govered by the demos, republic by representatives. There's a reason the word DEMOcracy has the root of demos - it is literally a government of the people. It doesn't mean that people make up the damn country or government. Basic Latin is needed here.

After reading this, we need to sage this tread

Who the hell cant even speak Latin in current year? Like wtf

Holy fucking shit. Δῆμος is Greek, dumbass. In ancient Greece, a democracy did not elect its leaders (except generals and ambassadors): the government comprised panels of citizens chosen by random lot from lists of volunteers. Sortition is the hallmark of democracy, while election belongs to oligarchy.

>No, GOVERNMENT derives its authority from it

A) Democracy is a form of government.
B) No, not all government does, in theory. Theocracies claim to derive power from their deities, for example.

>How the fuck can you have a government of a single person governing 350 million?

321 million.

>Democracy is govered by the demos

DIRECT democracy is.

>republic by representatives

Agreed,.

>There's a reason the word DEMOcracy has the root of demos - it is literally a government of the people.

Yes, because it derives their power from them. Just because they don't take an active role in every single minor decision made does not mean that they are not the basis for power.

>Basic Latin is needed here.

It's Greek.

Thank you two for being sane. I was feeling lonely, kek.

America is not a democracy. It's a representative republic.

See every one of my posts for correction.

In case the first pic wasn't clear for OP:

thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/305874-clinton-didnt-play-to-win-the-popular-vote-she-lost