Does anyone ever feel like Millennials got the short end of the stick?

Pic related got the guy a high-paying job and retired after 35 years with a sweet pension and Social Security. He's still alive and well, living in his paid-off house (that he put a 20% down payment on and got a 15 year mortgage).

Whereas I'm making coffee at a chain coffeehouse with a Master's degree.

Where did America go so wrong to not value a highly-educated guy like me?

>Where did America go so wrong

They managed to live that life by selling the future of their children.

Mods! Slide thread... fuck em up m8!

./thread
at least now we know for sure that a cure to cancer or proper heart disease treatment wont be economically viable for at least a few decades
RIP boomers

>implying it was the old people
>implying they weren't the first to fall to the new invention the color TV
>implying the jews and the banks didn't have a great time getting everything they could ever imagine with ease
>ww2 jew guilt
>propaganda machines
>inflation
>polititcs
You could have had it all as well, but be even wealthier if we didn't have rats in our upper echelons

>5'10
not gonna make it

>Honorable discharge in 1946
>WWII vet

Sounds about right. They were regarded as heroes when they got home from war, so not surprised he nabbed a good job with a basic gestalt-tier resume.

Masters degree in what? You have a master's degree in poetry don't you.

Not a boomer, dude in OP's pic was probably born in the 1920s.

ah, every old generation shits on the younger generation, and everything turns out fine. old as eve.

This.

i got to mow again, you believe that, every three days I have to mow and it takes 5 days to do it. lol

I got a 55k/year job with a bachelor's degree, good benefits as well. Success after college is about picking a good degree to begin with, then build connections throughout college so that when you graduate, you have a job waiting for you.

Boomers made off like bandits. Hell, their war was even bliss compared to ours.

Go to Vietnam and get to fuck cheap dirty ass whores and do drugs and literally scare your commanding officers from telling you to go on patrol because you could frag them.

Our generation gets adventures in the sandbox with hairy savages who beat their women and make them wear trash bags.

Back in 1980 you could get a job in upstate NY for 18 dollars an hour with a high school degree at Kodak. Inflation wise that amounts to the purchasing power of 50 dollars an hour today.

And yes, connections are key but back then that was icing on the cake. You didn't need connections, they just helped to really put you in the door.

I got a 25k/year job with a high school diploma and the nurse at the hospital said my coverage was better than hers. I have basically zero work load which is why I've kept it. I'm actually at work now. It's not how much you have it's how you spend it.

Uh just for starters they had the fucking draft.

Get back from Vietnam to people who hate you and a government that abandons you. Vietnam vets got fucked honestly, even the ones that the government did support afterwards because I've seen in my line of work that VA doctors turn war veterans into drug addicts.

Who the fuck puts their height on their resume?

and i got to clean up this mess, because relatives are coming in thats another three days.

Then you must not be a white man.

then i got to squeeze in getting the car repaired. because someone rear ended me that will be two days.

Wut

Yes I'm white and green eye master race