Can anyone recommend a reliable, inexpensive bolt action rifle

Can anyone recommend a reliable, inexpensive bolt action rifle.

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=weatherby 308
academy.com/shop/pdp/remington-783-308-win-bolt-action-rifle#repChildCatid=3083799
youtube.com/watch?v=2v6zpg0c1X0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nugget

y?

Recreational purposes

Gonna need nore than that guy.

-intended purpose of the rifle
-expected distance you'll be shooting at
-recoil sensitive?

Answer those for me and i can make a recommendation

Browning X-Bolt

This Carcano is a beauty - And look at that price!

Can't go wrong with it.

Get Remington 700 in either 308 or .300 Win Mag
The scope will cost a lot as well

this.

Savage Axis II.

Vanguard s2 is rated well sub moa and fairly cheap

>savage
i hope you like slamfires

K31 Swiss or a cheap .308 like a Savage or something.

Do not get nugget that meme is dead. Nuggets used to be like 50 bucks and that's what made them nice but now you are paying like 200 plus for a garbage rifle. A K31 is a little more on the expensive side for "cheap" but the Swiss still use the ammo for the general purpose MG so you WILL be able to find ammo unlike most surplus rifles and the rifle is outstanding in terms of craftsmanship and accuracy even in terms to many modern day rifles and will absolutely spank and cheap bolt gun. The downside putting a scope on something like a surplus is going to be really hard compared to a cheap bolt gun. Pay more attention to caliber as opposed to what rifle. Like I said .308 is best all around in terms of bolt gun caliber, price, and ammo availability.

You are an Aussie so all that I said is subject to change. Maybe Aussies have a shit ton of cheap Enfields or something that we can't touch much like how Canadians have a shit ton of SKS floating around.

Never skimp on a rifle. The Weatherby .308 s a good choice

gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=weatherby 308

Winchester model 70

Just target shooting/scrub gun. Want mid range caliber for cost reasons as ammo is very expensive here.

Get in good with the bikes in your country. They are making bretty good sub machine guns and machine pistols.

You have no way of getting ammo reliably, that would be a primary concern.

Bikies are making their own.

These honestly.

Why not?

I dont want large caliber. I has a .30.30 and it was a bit too much. Plus i want my kids and wife to be able to use it. I looked at the 700, but some people said they werent that good?

>current year
>buying anything from remington

Have you been living under a rock?

To answer OP, I have no idea if they are available down under, but here Savage Arms makes good, inexpensive bolt action rifles.

I see alot of these on youtube. Are they a bit too cheap and nasty? The money isnt a huge issue.

Swedish mauser. I don't know the prices in AUS, but it's a great rifle, although a bit heavy (if you can get the m38 which is the lighter and shorter carbine version).
The 6.5x55 is one of the most versatile rounds and it's very easy to shoot even for new people

Ruger M77

Remington QC has been shit for years. Do not buy one.

If 30-30 was a bit much, you need to toughen up.

Remington 700 is by no means cheap and their quality control really shit the bed on their .300 Win Mag.

>Bolt action
>Slam fire

You wot m8. What are you Arnold Schwarzenegger and you ram the bolt forward so hard that you knock the pin forward?

Range shooting see this:
Consecutive shots increases barrel heat and accuracy suffers, thicker barrels combat this.
308 is probably the cheapest ammo since you can (most likely) get NATO surplus.

The recoil wasnt overly bad for me. Wife wouldnt be able to shoot it though. Main problem was the noise desu. Was an extremely loud gun for some reason.

Just get a mark III enfield. Should be cheap and easy enough to find in Australia

Right off the bat you should not being looking for a bolt gun then if kids and wife are involved. Go with a .223 or 6.5 creedmoor. Going much smaller is circus entertainment tier for a bolt gun.

Get a ruger 10/22. Doesn't sound like much but it can do a number. Subsonic rounds with a makeshift suppressor and you won't hear a thing. Or at least that's what I'm told.

overloaded .338 Lapua Magnum

That would be awesome, arent they 303 though? Not sure how easy it is to get here.

Ok so basically what you want is a silenced .22.
Maybe a Ruger Mini-14.

Yeah they are in 303. I see Australians with them on /k/ all the time. So I imagine ammo isn't all the expensive or difficult to find but I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks mate. Will definitely look into them. Love the historic guns, always wanted an m1 garande but our gunlaws are cucked as shit.

Well you are the aussie you look it up fool. If their is a demand for it in Australia, like the enfields are popular in kangaroo land chances are the ammo is available enough to be a decent price. There is a reason almost everyone said .308 in this thread because its NATO and is a popular hunting round so you can't go wrong.

Illegal as fuck in aussie land m8. Go to jail do not collect 200 dollars.

Can't beat these for an entry hunting rifle:

academy.com/shop/pdp/remington-783-308-win-bolt-action-rifle#repChildCatid=3083799

Russian mosin

only bolt action?

ok this is not GM6 Lynx Semi-Auto .50 BMG

Savage model 10 or Remington 700

Nugget or a Remington 700

Settle down cunt. Everyone always recommends .308. Literally every time you ask about guns everyone says "muh .308". I already stated i want a smaller caliber for reasons. Cheers

ya but nuggets are going up alot in price may aswell get a yugo mauser or turk mauser. But if ammo price is not an issue any of the ww2 jap rifles work fine.

oh shit i forgot about these ya this of a steyr m95 are fucking top tier for the cost.

Tikka T3X TACA1 youtube.com/watch?v=2v6zpg0c1X0

A .22 is about all that will be substantially less loud. Longer barrels can help too, but center-fire rifles are all loud. You guys do wear hearing protection while shooting, right?

You are a complete and utter faggot.

He used a Finnish Mosin though. A little more expensive but worth it. Much better rifle

Take your ATF gun grabbing threads elsewhere

Stevens/Savage Arms 200. Pretty reliable.

Can't get silencers on guns here, they're super illegal

You wear hearing protection at the range for a goddamned reason. Firearms are loud. I'd hate to see what you'd think about my Ruger Blackhawk with lawyer unfriendly Speer #11 Bluedot loads.

1963 model 70 is your best bet. try to get it chambered in.458, for the low recoil.

Leafs getting angry because a black cock thread might get slid

And I already recommended you some smaller calibers. It's clear you are not serious about getting a rifle if you pigeon hole yourself this hard for all the wrong reasons. Just do the gun community a favor and don't buy one you will fuck it up and shoot your kid.

Savage anything.

Ive already owned a .30.30 and a .308 same as in pic but they were destroyed by the police. I take safety seriously unlike you burgers who are constantly getting shot by your children.

New ruger american line of rifles is affordable.
Pick any caliber.

I didn't know Remington had turned to such shit. You could get a Tikka T3 for like $550. I have one and I love it.

Remington 700.

Lithgow LA102, comes in 223 for cheap ammo and soft cunt friendliness. Howa were the cheapest centrefire bolt actions iirc but lithgows are so fucking nice to shoot

Or for something a bit out there, look for a .357mag lever carbine. Would be handy in the scrub and can take .38spl if you want a tamer round for the sheila and spawn

Howa1500

Russian Kar98K is one of the most reliable rifles, cheap and kinda easy to handle! It's the gold standard of bolt-action rifles but shoots an awkward round that may be hard to find in australia

Remington was bad for a while, but not anymore apparently.

This is the most Australian thing I think I've ever read.

Pic related:
What I imaged when I read it.

Lee-Enfield (Series) Bolt-Action, Magazine-Fed, Repeating Service Rifle

22s are silent as fuck anyways, don't worry about it, mayne. You can't hear shit coming out of a 22.

I'd ask if you handload, but probably not.

At any rate, I'd recommend .243, .270, .280, 7mm-08, .308 (very common suggestion, but I'm only suggesting it because ammo is everywhere and its relatively mild recoiling). .30TC. is a very nice cartridge as well, but can only be handloaded.

As for the rifle, if budget is between 3-600 dollars, go savage axis 2. If 6-900 go with a remington 700, if above 1000, get whatever feels best

Forgot to mention, any of these calibers would be suited for ranges out too 1000m. Out of all of them, the 7mm cartridges (.280 and 7mm-08) would probably be best due to them not being as affected from wind or bullet drop, where as you'll have a tough time with .308 and any of the other 30 cals at that distance. Definitely still doable though.

this .308 I actually won one in a raffle. Way smoother than a rem 700. Quality is great

The fuck you talking about faggot? Bolt action rifles dont slam fire. And if it did for you, then you probably shouldnt be handling guns

Thankyou

>bolt action
also semi autos are a nono unless you are a pro hunter

Savage 30-06
got one at a pawn shop for 80 bucks in florida great gun. They make plastic stock ones too but i like my wood

Invest a little bit more and get a k31

Bolt actions cant slamfire unless you absolutly deliberatly make the so

just get a $300 (new) bolt action 22

Remington 700 .308 hasn't let me down, it's luck of the draw quality wise. Savage axis is a bit cheaper, not sure quality comparison. If you're buying it for yourself don't be a soft cunt, get a .308 or bigger.
.22lr you can get 2nd hand cheap as chips for something the rest of the senpai can learn with

Savage axis

If you have a little more money Ruger American.

FAMAS

This user knows what's up. Can get those Yugo Mauser's for like $300~

Though 8mm ammo can be a little pricey.

Any variant of Tikka T3x. It also makes Burgers jealous, because their precious Remington 700 can't compete with it.

Savage model 10 or Mossberg MVP
Both come in .223
/thread