What is the best translation of Mein Kampf?

What is the best translation of Mein Kampf?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/MienKampfAdolfHitlerTheStalagEdition
endchan.xyz/.media/a18332e643d7cb83515627b693496fc0-applicationpdf
ostarapublications.com
youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-rejaoP7U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The one that is in where it belongs, in the trash can

Kys. Your grandfather would not be proud you literal cuckold.

t. mongoloid

My grandfather fought against Germans in Soviet Union

you are a disgrace for Finland

t. descendant of a criminal

My struggle i guess.

figures

*free settler Germans

what the fuck? So he was fighting against binlan interests? even worse than i thought, you are cuckold family living in nation you fought against.

I read Mein Kampf, you aren't missing much even with the worst translation.

bleh! disgusting pseudo asiatic mongrels

The German one.

is it any good? don't have monies rn

Stalag Edition or the Henry Ford translation are the two that I've seen Nazi groups usually recommend.

The Stalag Edition. It doesn't flow as well as some of the other translations but it's the only one authorized by the nazi party and conveys what he was actually trying to say without awkwardly trying to paint the author as evil every time jews are mentioned.

buzzwords, buzzwords everywhere. Remind me, who won that war?

hes asking what the best translation is. no one cares what you "read", illiterate roach

My great grandfather probably shot at yours. Shame that he missed.

Yes

archive.org/details/MienKampfAdolfHitlerTheStalagEdition

fucking finns, they are worse than leafs , at least leafs know they have been chinked

Ford translation.

Finns get super triggered by WWII topics for some reason, which doesn't make much sense considering most of this board agrees with the side they fought for. Finns are just dense as fuck and there's no reasoning with them though so it's best to just let it go.

fpbp

It's basically one huge rant that spans the entirety of the book.

shut the fuck up

hebrew translation

Digits confirm.

It's not actually though is it?

Genuine question. I've been wondering about thsi for a while. Do you think he meant Struggle or is that just the most pathetic translation to discredit him. Kampf is more commonly Combat and Fight right?

Struggle seems a much more negative word than Kampf.

It's because Finns lost both wars and they're not willing to admit it, body counts don't mean they won. There's a reason why they're in butthurt belt of Europe.

I read it and I actually found the earlier chapters very informative.

Especially about French/German tension more than anything. It's not any sort of bible though. Even Starship Troopers is better as a moral compass philosophy work.

Allies did. That doesn't change the fact that you're retarded. Even though Hitler lost he was self-made man with such amount of charisma that even today he manages to turn people to his side with his speeches. I have never seen or even heard about a man like this. He was idealist to the core. Not like every other monkeysheep in soviet union and today.

If he was such a great man that you admire a lot then how about you follow your leader and shoot your brains out? I mean if he did it then it must be the right thing to do.

manheim translation is the best one

We all lost the second one, no need to be mad at us over it 70 years later

I think my copy old enough to be free of outside influences.

I was talking about winter war and continuation war, Finns lost both. Finland didn't participate in WW1, except against themselves.

Suomicuck

None of the translations are the best but I would imagine that the English version is closest, due to the languages being similar. If you want to really understand the book, read it in German.

If you don't speak German then start learning.

See Due to the content of the book I would translate the title as "my fight" or "my uphill battle with life". A struggle could be as simple as trying to open a coffee cup one handed while driving. Mein Kampf is talking about going against the grain of society and doing what's right, even if it's painful.

Very nice.

Damn,nice one.

So he should stay and be degraded ? there was no future for him. It was the only thing he could do. I can still change things so no i won't do it. My way out will be horryfying for anyone watching.

The Stalag edition of Mein Kampf is the only one you should be reading. It is the only existing English translation of Mein Kampf that was authorised by the NSDAP in 1937.

It was translated by a now-unknown English-speaking NSDAP member and printed by the Franz Eher Verlag in Berlin in limited numbers from 1937 to 1944. Most were distributed to the camp libraries of English-speaking POW camps, and became known as the “Stalag” editions because of the camp library rubber stamp on the title page.

Only a handful of copies survived, and the text contained in this edition has been taken directly from one of these extremely rare editions. This official translation is not to be confused with the “James Murphy” or “Ralph Mannheim” translations, both of which were edited, abridged and ultimately unauthorised.

The Murphy and Mannheim editions both left out major sections of text, and contained long, clunky, badly-translated and almost unintelligibly long sentences.

Most importantly, this only authorised edition contains the full text of the original German -- and none of the deliberately-inserted racial pejoratives used in the Murphy and Mannheim versions (words which Hitler never actually used in the original).

Contrary to postwar propaganda, Mein Kampf does not contain a “plan for world domination” and instead consists of a short autobiography, the effect of the First World War upon Germany, a discussion of race and the Jewish Question, the constitutional and social make-up of a future German state, and the early struggles of the NSDAP up to 1923.

Here's the PDF:

>Translating holy scriptures
I wonder who could be behind this post

mannheim isn't terrible and it's cheap if you can't get the stalag edition

It was my great grandfathers given as a wedding gift from the mayor. He didn't like or dislike the Nazis. He was kind of a country bumpkin who wanted didn't giive a fuck who was running the country. Though he probably didn't like them once he got drafted. Anyway, he kind of just chucked the book into a closet somewhere until my Oma and Opa gave it to me. It's in nearly brand new condition.

Ford translation I think is the most accurate.

Link to downloadable PDF or anything?

Wanted to be left alone and didn't give a fuck*

Had a little aneurysm there.

Get the czech one, i have it and it is wel translated.

fuck thats cool

Prove that Hitler killed himself, that's what soviets said and they were known to make up shit to discredit germany, fucking cuck.

Stalag Edition

Stalag is always the one I used

It's a few hundred pages of a delusional guy with too much time on his hands, ranting.

This.

Pretty convenient that the body was (((never found))).

Don't you mean follow your leader and move to Argentina?

>t. retard that never read it

It can be meandering but it's not ranting.

it's also what german witnesses said

the conspiracy... it goes all the way to your fellow countrymen

thx

Thank you for the link!

>In an alternate timeline, Hitler won and this book was celebrated as one of the if not most important book of all time.

Is it worth continuing on reading the book, I read this and stopped because my eyes started hurting. Was reading from .pdf, I might start again. I don't know, I remember reading it and feeling like there's a fire burning in me or something.

German.

this is what every kike says who has never read it

if you want delusional rants read the communist manifesto

learn german

fpbp

Reader's Digest Abridged Version

Best way is to learn German and read it in German

>tfw I know enough German that with google translates help with big words I could probably read my great grandfather's copy but it's written in Fraktur which my mother even struggles to read

STICK UT IFRÅN ÖST SVERIGE DIN JÄVLA RYSSHORA

yes listen to this guy Sup Forums

mein kampf is the greatest achievement of literature ever, the jews dont wnat you reading this masterpiece

grab a copy and learn the amazing secrets of nazi purity and the mission of the master race

you are gonna b super convinced!!!!

ulle ulle ulle you homo peter

yeah right, like learning english would automatically make foreigners understand Stephen King or Ernest Hemmingway or even whoever the fuck wrote those Twilight books

Rysshomo raus!

It depends on how well they learn English. Looks like an invalid argument to me.

That is generally the purpose of learning another language, yes.

So like the Koran?

That would be "Mein Kampf: The Stalag Edition": The Only Complete and Officially Authorised English Translation Ever Issued By Adolf Hitler. Translator: Unknown NSDAP member.

Ostara Publications
ostarapublications.com

Sure, learning German in high school or from Rosetta Stone would totally help you understand the political, social, religious and economic context of someone who was born in Germany in the 1800s....versus someone who grew up in the US during the 70s or 80s understanding Bret Easton Ellis

People are native english speakers and read shakespeare, yet they need annotations and cliffs notes to understand wtf is going on in half the plays

You are currently arguing in favor of your own previous strawman. Its quite hilarious.

"Translation"?!

Learn German you ignorant cuck.

If the foreigner learned English, they could easily use the same sources to understand the material as a native English. But I digress, I understand your point. I'm just being retarded on purpose.

his post is ironic, you autist

>mongoloid
Explains it all

I am aware of that mateusz

Who are you again? Oh yeah that country my grandfather liberated. You should be more grateful, cockroach.

the book sucks dick
just like hitler sucked dick
srsly

Such nuance is lost in translation anyway if Mein Kampf were to be translated today.

Blame the great vowel shift and a lack of original pronunciation
youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-rejaoP7U
>tfw jokes are lost because hour and whore ain't the same anymore

>grandson of a traitor
>hating his own country's history and everything it stands for
I guess treason is genetic. Finland should expel you to North Korea where you belong.

fuck, i want this

If you think struggling automatically implies losing, sure. Struggle is the closest translation.

>Few teachers realise that the purpose of teaching history is not the
memorizing of some dates and facts, that it does not matter whether a boy
knows the exact date of a battle or the birthday of some marshal or other, nor when the crown of his fathers was placed on the brow of some insignificant monarch. That is not what matters.

>To study history means to search for and discover the forces that are the
causes of those results which appear before our eyes as historical events. The art of reading and studying consists in remembering the essentials and forgetting what is inessential.

By liberated you mean commited mass rapes, put a fake government, created NKVD, exported money and national goods back to russia? Should I go on?

Ford.

Apologize to the Finnish!