What's the closest you have ever been to a real happening in person?

What's the closest you have ever been to a real happening in person?

Anyone ever been present for a shooting or terrorist event? What was it like?

I live 10 minuets away from Newtown, so the shooting there is the closest I have ever physically been to a Happening, but it's not like I saw it happen or anything

My mom also worked for AON insurance and they lost 176 people on 9/11 in the south tower she wasn't there though

what's the closest Sup Forums has ever been, no lying please

Other urls found in this thread:

awakenvideo.org/2014/03/sandy-hook-line-and-sinker-psy-op-best-docuvid-on-the-net/
theguardian.com/world/video/2015/aug/17/explosion-bangkok-thailand-shrine-cctv-video
youtube.com/watch?v=XP6_3sBztg0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Webster,_New_York_shooting
ess.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/2015/03/03/lahden-pitseriasurmista-tuomittu-paasee-vapaalle-jalalle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty sure those closest to real happenings end up dead

Not me, but my aunt is a government nurse who spent her lower ranking days on remote islands, and she was on the island of Yeonpyeongdo when it was shelled with NK artillery which killed a couple Korean marines.

I guess my first hand happening will occur if war breaks out.

The shooting in Munich that turned out to be a German Elliot Rodger. I use the metro station Olympiastadion each weekend and sometimes grabbed a snack in the McDonalds.

I could've been there, legitimately.

how about that ferry that sank? were you close to that at all?
must be weird passing through there, just like going to the trade center here
I assume we are all alive in this thread

I know people that had kids who died on it. I forgot about that one. It was mostly high school students though and I have been out of high school since 2007.

I drove up from LA to Isla Vista to stay the night at my friend's place. The next day we were going drive up to our hometown in Nor Cal since the school year was over.

Like an hour after I got there the Supreme Gentleman wen't on his little rampage. He hit a buddy of mine with his car and broke his arm. Shit was wild.

Snuck onto the Pentagon's ground shortly after it got bombed on 9/11.

I work with AON on a daily bases btw. Probably know your mom.

she hasn't worked there since 2004, the company was going to hell, they were shifting everything into 4 big call centers and were going to eliminate what she and a lot of other people did

Almost died at work a couple times but that's normal considering I chose to be an electrician in highrise construction. Not really happening.

I generally avoid large areas where lots of nonwhites are present

sandy hook was fake watch the video
awakenvideo.org/2014/03/sandy-hook-line-and-sinker-psy-op-best-docuvid-on-the-net/

fuck you I know a girl who died there

Sandy Hook "truthers" are the scum of the earth

Visited the Erawan Shrine in Bangkok exactly one week before the bombing that took place in 2015.
Heard it from my apartment hotel 10 blocks away.

theguardian.com/world/video/2015/aug/17/explosion-bangkok-thailand-shrine-cctv-video

then explain what is happening on the video, it shows everyone walking in circles not doing anything.

like I said just watch the video, bet you won't do it

We were supposed to be on Centennial Park in Atlanta tbe night the bomb went off, but Steely Dan cancelled their performance

oh and how old are you? What connection did you have to some little girl in newtown? Your post reeks of shit, you're probably CIA or FBI

I lived about half a mile from the Safeway where gabby Gifford was shot.

I also met Jared laughner a handful of times.

Victoria Soto, she was a teacher at the school

Some wanker was late to our trip to London on 7/7. If we'd gone when we were supposed to, I would of likely died in the bombing.
We were supposed to be on the underground train that was attacked.

I'm not watching an 1:30:00 min video

like I said, if you look at videos of the aftermath, you will see that something very strange is going on. Unless you choose not to see it

>I assume we are all alive in this thread
user, we're all already dead

why not? because you don't care that it wasn't real. The video could be cut down to a half hour probably but it's still reveals a lot of stuff that I haven't seen in other videos.

I tried the link but the video won't even play on that bum ass site

I've seen the arguments about the lines of kids or some shit, it proves noting

the cameras probably just caught different angles of the same kids walking around to a safe area

it literally proves nothing about the shooting

I was on holiday in Egypt while all the riots were happening lol. My mum went on holiday to Fiji while it was having civil unrest (a week after she left the airport was burned down) and my uncle went on holiday to Sri Lanka while it was having a civil war

no i'm talking about all the responders, at the firehouse. They all walk in, one after the other, then walk out the back only to walk back inside and do it all over again. Over and over again.

that's just one weird thing

I was there the time some guy had a heart attack whilst driving a lorry in the Glasgow city centre, seemed like one of those thuck of peace attacks, a bunch of people died.

Friends and I were kind of disturbed so saw the new dumb and dumber to lighten the mood. It was slightly less shit than expected.

I have faint memories of 9/11 and I have an uncle who worked in a building next to the WTC. He said he looked out and saw smoke billowing everywhere and people jumping out and falling to their deaths. I grew up in the Beltway area and remember everything going on lockdown when the Beltway killings happened. I also have a relative who clearly remembers one of the earthquakes in San Fran.

5 minutes from Pulse the night it happened. Was at a club off central that night. Also missed Ft Lauderdale airport shooting by about half hour. only time I was glad I got stuck in traffic

The biggest "happening" I've witnessed is a hit-and-run. Such is the life in a small white town.

Was on the Moscow to St Petersburg line when Volgograd train station had a suicide bomber blow up the lobby in Christmas 2013/14.

Was in Israel / West Bank in late 2015, and a week after I left a Palestinian shot up the bar below my airbnb apartment on Dizengoff Steeet, Tel Aviv with an Ak47

Got pulled aside and questioned at Gatwick Airport by a guy in a suit when boarding a flight to Domededovo, Moscow as Crimea as being annexed and interviewed.

plays fine for me? you have javascript disabled or something

either way doesn't really matter, I just think you should look into it instead of just wondering why people are saying it was fake. There are a lot of shitty videos on the subject and this is the best one I've seen

1979 Battle of Flowers parade in San Antonio. Some old guy in a RV started shooting people. There were bloody people in the drive thru of the bank where I worked at the time. My (then) husband walked right next to the RV on the way to watch the parade.

It was weird. I guess it was scary. I think the scariest part was that they were afraid the parade watchers were going to break the plate glass windows of the bank lobby. At that point, nobody knew what was going on/ where the shots were coming from.

I was in Boston a day before the bombing, visited Virginia Tech the day before the shooting and was in Rome a day before the papal elections. It seems I'm always a day early

I was in the Oslofjord fishing when Utöya happened. We drove up to try and ferry kids over but police held us back.

Are you a cougar?

>papal elections
this counts as a happening?

Newtown was a false flag idiot. Therefore not a real happening.

Try again next time.

My entire class was on a bus in boston during the Marathon bombing and they all heard the explosion. I missed the field trip.

Not sure what that means. I'm old now. But I'm not "on the prowl" (which is what I think cougar means). Married 30 years, nearly 31.

It's utoya you tool. God.

Los Angeles 1992 Nigger Riots

I will remember Reginald Denny for the rest of my life, and I will not forgive or forget. I saw what black people were all about. They exposed themselves for what they are, nakedly ugly savages. I was in elementary school so I already was learning from direct and unpleasant experience about niggers. But the nigger riots crystallized what I already knew in the back of my head.

Seeing roof Koreans made me identify with them in a small way even though I am a Jap cunt. If it happens again I'll make a roof Jap out of myself and roof Khmers out of my local Donut Shop operators. I swear to god if niggers fuck with my coffee I'm gonna open fire.

The norwegian "Ö" isnt showing up on Sup Forums you dingus. Thats why I wrote ö.

A cougar is a lady that enjoys the company of younger men.

Congrats on being married that long though!

missed getting blown up by the last ira bomb on mainland uk by minutes
fugging micks

something blew up at an asphalt plant in the city here back when i was a kid but i barely remember it and it wasn't that much of anything

beyond that, nothing stands out. Couple fires that were pretty nasty, i guess.

I was at a Happening. Biggest adrenaline rush of my life. Won't say any more about it.

pointless post

say what it was or get the fuck out

I survived the tsunami in 2004 at sri lanka

>ask question
>question answered
>ignore answer and just imply that only willful ignorance is at play

fucking hell the irony

I survived the great meme war of the 2016 election

One time i witnessed a large truck go through an intersection it was too tall for and it knocked the traffic light down

I forgot one more.

I was living in Tianjin when that factory blew up. It was so fucking huge it blew out a bunch of windows in my apartment building.

LVF tried to blow up my house, in a targeted attack against my dad when i was 9, so pretty fucking close. Luckily the bomb was shitty and it just cracked the wall... Dumb loyalists

shit dude, that's a big one to forget. People who live their whole lives in warzones sometimes won't see destruction of that magnitude from a single blast

Job out of college, first trip to N.Y. only three weeks after 9/11. Clean-up site was still smouldering you could smell the plastic and burnt flesh.

Four years later was living and working in London on 7/7. My normal station Edgeware Road was attacked some people died there. I walked home that day and ran into a group of Muslims who were out preaching "You did this to yourselves" so I got the satisfaction of telling them to fuck off to hell. In my mind I remember a smell coming up from the station steps as I walked by maybe it's just my memory playing tricks.

Also, I met my wife in London at a club called "Tiger Tiger". A year later some nuts tried to blow it up with a car bomb that didn't go off but got all of Piccadilly shut down.

Now I'm back in the States I won't say where these fucking Islamists seem to have it out for me. :(

>just forgets about a moab sized explosion as if it was something he sees everyday

we should hang out user

I was there

youtube.com/watch?v=XP6_3sBztg0

Ate at one of the restaurants in Paris that got blown up in 2015 four years earlier.

Also literally walked by Pulse Night Club in Orlando eight months before the massacre

I live walking distance from

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Webster,_New_York_shooting

I figure i mustve run into the guy a lot. Given the area he probably considered many other possible attacks, all of which surround me

My granddad was meant to be on the subway train that was blown up in 7/7, but was late so he survived.

I've been at three of the exact locations where there has been islamic car terror attacks before those happened (like years and months before).
At Nice, the exact location where the truck mowed down people.
In London on the bridge where they drove over people.
In Stockholm at the street where they recently killed people.

It feels weird that I've been to all these places and years and some months after there's islamic terror there.

MOAB is peanuts compared to Tianjin

t. /k/tard

Newtown. I live about 30 minutes from it and it was all anybody talked about for a few days.

I am normally really skeptical, but I trust most of you being serious.
That blows my mind. People try to say how distant these attacks are from our lives, but its way closer to so many than I realized.
I don't go to cities often, but I'm close to Philly, DC, and NYC. I never used to be paranoid, but last night's bombing was so shockingly relateable. That and the Bataclan in France.
I need my carry permit...

>Lived in NY during 9/11

>Years later was in NY when I was about 13 in a car with my parents
>Tons of traffic
>Cop comes to our window
>"You might be here for a while. There's a bomb scare/threat"
>I cried, didn't want to die
>Family laughs at me

>2016
>Charlotte riots

I met Mr and Mrs Scott and on several occasions and I live about 15 minutes from where he got shot.

I was pretty sure based on previous conversations with Mr scott was a based conservative who was vocal about the second amendment.

a couple of the DC sniper deaths happened down I-81 from me.

Live in Garland, we had a happening where the terrorists got BTFO when they came to shoot up a draw Muhammad event. I live close to the center, and graduated there from Garland High school. I heard nothing though, was like 2 miles away

It's not a "happening" really, but I didn't evacuate New Orleans for hurricane Katrina.

Nobody in this country realizes that everyone is one disaster away from total anarchy.

Take away cell phones, internet, gasoline, coffee/soda/cigarettes for one month? People turn on each other and you have to fight them off. They were still scared of guns. Fists, not so much.

>hurr durr stupid faggot why did u stay why u live in flood zone

Because my expensive house is 50 feet off the ground. There was no reason to run, with generators and a stockpile of rations/ammo/fuel. My lifes' savings ransacked by niggers while I run away to a plush hotel? I'm no nigger or liberal.

Me and my mate skipped school in the 90's to go to see back to the future in the cinema. We missed the bus and the IRA blew up a street that we would have walked down to get to the there.

My mate is dead now but i still have the ticket stub.

re congrats LOL You have no idea.

I enjoy the company of all kinds of people as long as they're somewhat rational. (Sup Forums is a breath of fresh air. You guys make me think the world just might not go completely to crap after all.)

Did you see the 60 Minutes piece about that?
There was an FBI agent driving right behind them.
He knew what they were planning, and drove right on by when they started.

I read some incredible stories about home and business owners fighting off looters, bribing natty guard and police, surviving the unimaginably dark nights.
Crazy stuff, man. Glad you made it okay.

lol I was praying for the day someone came to try and snackbar a bunch of armed-to-the-teeth Texans and was so glad when that happened.

They had great security, Texans will Tex too.

>What's the closest you have ever been to a real happening in person?

I was 200 meters away from a organized crime related pizzeria double murder when it happened, 17 years ago.

I had eaten at the said pizza place many times before.

I was a student at Virginia Tech during the shooting. I was about a half mile away from it.

>double murder

Actually, it was triple..

ess.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/2015/03/03/lahden-pitseriasurmista-tuomittu-paasee-vapaalle-jalalle

>Japbro

Awesome, you Nisei or Issei?

Also, why is it the overwhelming majority of Japanese-Americans are bluepilled liberals? There was this one Nissei girl I knew in high school, she was kinda a artsy liberal airhead so I never really had much of a chance of being with her.

It was a shame too. She was absolutely gorgeous, one of the most beautiful girls I ever met. Was the granddaughter of an NCO in RCT 442 too. Would've been proud to wife her and add the 442nd to my children's rich military lineage (descendant of men who fought for Continental Army, the Confederacy, and the Crusaders)

Extensive rioting and car-torching in the next suburb. Stayed up all night watching news in case shit spilled over.

it makes me wonder how many non-cucked european areas have utterly shut down attempts at terrorism, and we just never heard about it

had a poker night in creggen and a van with a bomb in it was parked out side the street for a good few hours we were told to evacuate but we ended up just goin to the chippy where a shoot out happened, the bullet holes were so fresh i burnt my finger but realized i so fucked up by touchin it so fucked off back the house to keep playin poker despite the danger.

Gah, thinking of that made me realize how much of an old fag I am.

>G.I. Cho

I still remember browsing Sup Forums when this happened.

The only people you could trust, when it came to officials, were parish (county) police.

State and municipal required...coaxing. It didn't take much; coffee / soda / cigarettes / potato chips/beef jerky (I'm not kidding) - and letting them cool off in your generator-powered air conditioner paid in dividends.

Untold is the story is that it was 90F+ at night and 100% humidity + zero mph winds. During the day? Much worse. The smell was...interesting.

Thank you for the kind words.

I was at Virginia Tech during the shooting. I slept in and skipped class that would have been one building over from the shooting location. It was pretty surreal. Phones were so overloaded that nobody could get in touch with family. Lots of police everywhere for weeks. George Bush came and gave a speech after.

live 15 mins from ansbach, the site of a botched terror attack in 2016
shit was dope, went to the site and saw the broken glass/chairs and blood
yeeet

>Untold is the story is that it was 90F+ at night and 100% humidity + zero mph winds.

How and why the fuck did people live there before air conditioning?

I was nearby a suicide bombing in istanbul. I can tell you the aftermath doesn't look pretty

Did you fuck her?

Post nudes

The hurricane caused it. The zero-wind was unnatural. The massive flooding kicked up an unimaginable stench when the sun came up, strewn garbage and sewage notwithstanding.

Also, mud from the marsh and riverbanks is unbelievably stinky and it was in all water supplies and standing water/rivers/lakes/ponds/streams.

Effects persisted for one month. The mosquitoes - as a result of the standing water - were interesting.

I was in Oslo on vacation when the bomb Went that killed 13 people and I was there the day before.

Orlando user here, driven past pulse a few times and picked some people up from there when I used to Uber. They were nice enough guys, good conversationalists and tipped me well

Let's see: I live in a poor section of a city, though Im not really poor. Anyways, I've seen people get shot alot these days with duterte and the drug cartels shooting drug suspects.

But overall I was there when one of the worst earthquakes hit the country in history, in the 90's. I literally walked for 2 days because all the roads were destroyed and our bus was stuck in the mountains. Had to scavenge for food after.

I was with my mother then, and how.unlucky she was because she was in Tacloban when typhoon Haiyan, the strongest typhoon in history, hit the country years ago too.

>typhoons

I know that feel

I feel for you, Flipbro

That was how I found Sup Forums. I started arguing with someone about it and they sent me a Sup Forums thread that pissed me off...a great deal. I became a Sup Forums tard the day Matt died...

If they faked it they would be smart enough not to release a video of people walking In circles

Oldfag here. A long time ago I was a street away from a mainland IRA bomb when it went off, no warning. Only one person was injured but how I don't know, it was loud as fuck. A huge compressed kind of whomp! that went up over the buildings. I seriously thought a multi-story car park had collapsed. Went round the corner to have a look and people were just running, I joined them.
I knew a lot of Irish people, mostly catholic, and they had the sentimental attachment to the cause, but couldn't back the provos because of the shit they'd seen. One guy lived in a small town and his grandma had gone through a plate glass window in the high street. Survived but was fucked up. A girl I went out with had her house taken over twice by the IRA, they held people hostage for 24 hours and set up sniper positions. You had to live in your house and try to act normal with a PIRA squad in the upstairs bedroom. And they knew who the guys were, even though they were masked up. She was dying to say to one of them, 'Tommy Murphy you wee cunt, get out of my ma's fucking bedroom.' I'm paraphrasing from memory here.

Lots of riots, demos and football aggravation as well, I used to think that everyday life was more violent but then London 2011 was off the fucking chart. By day three they must have been close to bringing in the army. If that happens again, wait for daylight and get out.

I was in NYC when the bomb that didn't kill anyone went off and saw cop cars and ambulances rushing around

post it i,l watch away at it because it seems everyone else is afraid to and that got me interested