The curious rise of the ‘white left’ as a Chinese internet insult

hongkongfp.com/2017/05/20/curious-rise-white-left-chinese-internet-insult/

>If you look at any thread about Trump, Islam or immigration on a Chinese social media platform these days, it’s impossible to avoid encountering the term baizuo, or literally, the ‘white left’. It first emerged about two years ago, and yet has quickly become one of the most popular derogatory descriptions for Chinese netizens to discredit their opponents in online debates.

>So what does ‘white left’ mean in the Chinese context, and what’s behind the rise of its (negative) popularity? It might not be an easy task to define the term, for as a social media buzzword and very often an instrument for ad hominem attack, it could mean different things for different people. A thread on “why well-educated elites in the west are seen as naïve “white left” in China” on Zhihu, a question-and-answer website said to have a high percentage of active users who are professionals and intellectuals, might serve as a starting point.

>The question has received more than 400 answers from Zhihu users, which include some of the most representative perceptions of the ‘white left’. Although the emphasis varies, baizuo is used generally to describe those who “only care about topics such as immigration, minorities, LGBT and the environment” and “have no sense of real problems in the real world”; they are hypocritical humanitarians who advocate for peace and equality only to “satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority”; they are “obsessed with political correctness” to the extent that they “tolerate backwards Islamic values for the sake of multiculturalism”; they believe in the welfare state that “benefits only the idle and the free riders”; they are the “ignorant and arrogant westerners” who “pity the rest of the world and think they are saviours”.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5q4PkSth0FQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Daily reminder that non-whites don't like do-gooders. Seriously, white people have the highest amount of altruism of any race. So, to chinks it comes off as insincere. In any case, a the liberal white girls who think they are fighting for oppressed minorities will be killed when non-whites get into power.

>'white left' is the chinese word for cuck

based chinks

more like (((white))) left amirite

The Chinese version of cuck

Eh, it's an umbrella term.

Can't expect the chinese to make our arguments too.

it literally is insincere though
leftists virtue signal for social gratification, they don't actually care about the things they pretend to

>The term first became influential amidst the European refugee crisis, and Angela Merkel was the first western politician to be labelled as a baizuo for her open-door refugee policy. Hungary, on the other hand, was praised by Chinese netizens for its hard line on refugees, if not for its authoritarian leader.

>Around the same time another derogatory name that was often used alongside baizuo was shengmu – literally the ‘holy mother’ – which according to its users refers to those who are ‘overemotional’, ‘hypocritical’ and ‘have too much empathy’. The criticisms of baizuo and shengmu soon became an online smear campaign targeted at not only public figures such as J. K. Rowling and Emma Watson, but also volunteers, social workers and all other ordinary citizens, whether in Europe or China, who express any sympathy with international refugees.

damn even from that far away they can clearly see our problems. The left is an embarrassment to our country.

Based yellowfriends

Baizuo doesn't roll off the tongue as well as cuck

Baizuo, yellowfriends.

We should meme this term to Western social media as well.

I'll post the term in Mandarin every time I see virtue signaling.

Or non-whites are less likely to be narcissistic fuckheads.

this

fucking lel

everyone is shitting on the western left these days
even the saudis

This is either a brilliant organic meme by the devastatingly pragmatic Chinese politically aware people, or a Chinese government synth-meme, created to establish a Chinese footing in western meta-political affairs, thus asserting the Chinese political rise. Either way, I appreciate the clever effort, and as always the calling out of shitlibs on their culture-suicide efforts.

Can we get cucks to get this tattooed in Chinese.

Just tell them it means will not divide us or some other meaningless shit

as a race of bullshitters, the chinese are quick to call it out when they see it. i'm sure the chinese and indian elite must be utterly perplexed by western behavior. they must think we've gone suicidal -- which isn't an unfounded assessment.

Check'd and you faggots should really accept that this is the elephant in the room. The Juden and the Soviets couldn't have pulled anywhere near as much of this shit on the west if it wasn't such a narcissistic mess. And it's only getting worse tbqh.

>baizuo and shengmu

Definitely incorporating these terms into my vocabulary

get laid, holy shit

what a fucking flawless description of liberalism. makes me hate liberals even more. fuck them so much.

this

I can imagine that cucks would do it even if they knew the term's true meaning.

Oh, so "baizuo" is basically Chinese SJW, except even less extreme than SJWs because the Chinese are based?

>t.Chinese diaspora

Greatest Ally.

In China it's considered a mark of intelligence to deceive others.

I once saw a video of a chinese woman beating up a street kid selling matchsticks or some shit in front of a whole crowd of people.

Life is brutal

this
ink on the baizuo
the keks
my sides
this must happen

>light reft

The radical left pretty much devoured any and all sane branches of the left and now they're pretty much a super tard running loose after sucker punching its wrangler.

Sooner or later either the extreme right, islam, the chinks, or mother nature itself is going to end up sorting their and it aint gonna be pretty when it happens

>baizuo

Sounds like bozo. Okay, we need another word aside from cuck. BAIZUO. IT. IS.

is it pronounced Bay-zo?

literally the Jews of the East

I love it.

The cultural spillover from 3-4 billion people is a single word. Wonderful. The world hating shitlibs means shit with globalists isolating all of the news sources.

That's because it is insincere, white women just virtue signal for status, they don't actually care about the repercussions of the things they support. Whites are moralizing crusaders, throughout history they spread what they think is a righteous moral code. Now with Christianity I'd say this had more positive than negative effects, but while Christianity dies out, the desire to proselytize remains.

How do we flood leftbook and twatter with hordes of Chinese shitposters?

Super-duper!!

we need to get one of those organised auto twitter things going with #ink败走 #StandWithChinaAgainstRacism

god bless the chinese and fried rice

christianity should have remained a european religion desu. the moment it became universal is when the west signed it's own death warrant. paradoxically, christianity happens to be the glue that holds white societies together. now we are increasingly atomized as the church is eroded into nothingness while revolting christian values live on through leftist fanatical egalitarianism.

Pretty much sums up and confirms my entire theory on left wing elitists.

>have no sense of real problems in the real world

The only real problem is food and water for starving children in africa

>indian elite
Sadly, no.

It really hurts when I say this but people here, especially the younger generation are trying to normalise transgenderism and other (((progressive))) ideals, it actually hurts watching your culture and society consume itself in the name of equality. Everyday I think of it and can't even figure out what to do because it seems everybody below 25 years of age and the entire media establishment is hell bent on turning my country into a (((utopia))).

Please,..........help.

> greatest retail gold market
> went (((cashless))) to prevent surge in gold price

Really makes me think.

>a social media buzzword and very often an instrument for ad hominem attack

it's the chinese word for cuck.

Yet I bet, you'd rather stay in the Hedonistic west than China, amirite Chang?

bye-zwo

Wrong characters.

白左

we should exclusively use it to refer to sjw's, it appeals to their self-hatred

白左 are the characters you're looking for friendo

shengmu is fucking brilliant

couldn't disagree more, a religion never leaves the confines of its masters

chinamen becoming more christian just means we'll have more allies to leverage for a pro white agenda

白左 filth

kek

no shit, these lefty faggots are annoying as fuck

白左

rook into comments, two fucking baizuo :DDDD
>The awkward moment when the supporters of the ruling communists using this are following an ideology first coined by Karl Marx who was a white leftist ;) Irony is lost on Maoists
this dumb cunt doesn't know the difference between totalitarian left and libertarian left
>Isn't hong kong , china , korea , orient or occidenr or other countries aware of their world wide reputation? Killing or incarcerating their citizens won't kill the truth. This are the years that the communication systems open the doors and the windows of other countries exposing everything that is going on in the minds of their political systems and the injustices against their citizens. We heard in occident and east hears about occident so much about their prepotent arrests and despotic system that lacks of empathy and heart for their own blood. It is inconcebible. Don't see don't hear it's not an option anymore. This attitudes causes revolts and wars. For what and to help who?
your typical western SJW, pls gas them ASAP

It's "bye dz-uo"

t. Chinese major

So we could try a thunderclap or something
this would need to be a mass campaign working as a trojan horse (appear leftist) in order to not be filtered by twitter
oh...

wtf i love China now

白 white is word of color. But such neutral word can carry either positive or negative meaning in specific context.

For physical feature, white 白 can be positive as noble. clean, beauty.

For mental feature, white 白 is downright derogatory. Here white means stupidity, poverty, blankness, emptiness. 白痴 (idiot),一穷二白(extreme poverty),白费(wasting),脑子空白(ignorant brain),白干(wasted effort),

Baizuo 白左 (white left) is naturally registered negative in Chinese mind.

hong kong english sucks ass
wtf did you do, bongs

We reached the point where people living in communist countries call people in capitalist countries leftards.

hong kong is based like us and doesn't give a shit about outdated english
only reddit really cares, bongs only care here as a bantz or shitpost

Its considered a mark of intelligence in every Civilization except the West and Buddhism as an eastern exception, which was the best thing to happen to China and Japan as both Buddhism and Christianity with its legacy on Western Philosophy regard the "Truth" as what every men should aspireand is the basis of a Republic.

The thing is the West greatest weapon because it gave us the technological marvels a crystallized Civ such as China could never manage, became its greatest threat.

As such a respect for Truth disintegrated Christianity and created wealth without equal in the world, and with wealth comes hubris.

The Chinese are just simply and correctly recognizing this Hubris.

the fuckin truth, where did it go ?

2nded

>Bacizuock

so you're telling me I can go to India and gold is literally free there?

yea india is fucked

youtube.com/watch?v=5q4PkSth0FQ

i dont think i've seen threads on pol about this, considering how much we mock poos

Places like right here.

>baizuo

we need to fling this about on twitter - it'll confuse liberals and then annoy them when they discover we're being multicultural. then they can accuse us of appropriation and we can kek

Thank you, China. I can't wait to piss off some lefties with this.

Where the fuck did that d come from, r u even Chinese?