Bladerunner predicted that multiculturalism will be the fall of LA

youtu.be/i1hbxIbNgUU?t=2892
>@48:12

Haven't read "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" but they say several times during the documentary that they specifically put some of the problems in dystopian Los Angeles specifically on multi-culturalism, and this was the 80's.

don't bother with the book, it's not as good

I heard the same thing about "The Man in the High Castle" but didn't see the show either.

Blade Runner predicted the Asian Invasion would hyper-industrialize LA to the point of a depressed but entirely-employed workforce. Dystopic by merit of utility.

Instead we got NAFTA.
>pic related

There's no indication of that in the book

However, I do find it hilarious how stormweenies unironically believe that Hollywood pushes propaganda, while also praising details like these as "le redpills"

Stay retarded

It's actually the destruction of poetic wisdom through divine scriptures that is destroying western society.

Without that system existing for the average normie, greed is utterly pervasive.

I thought the book was much better than the movie. Currently halfway through High Castle and its ok. I prefer PKD's more psychedelic/altered state of consciousness type books. Hes best at making mind fuck books.

that's because in the book the whole world is an irradiated wasteland that's been mostly depopulated by a war or pollution or something

seems like they removed that aspect from the movie

Also the synths attacking Mercerism via media control is analogous to the kikes attacking Christianity - I've read a lot of his work but I'm not versed enough in his politics to know whether that was intentional

Bladerunner is fucking gay

>Stay retarded
>100 years of PRI running what could easily be the 2nd best country in all of the americas into the ground
>mexicans so goddamn stupid they keep voting for them for a century
stay retarded

There are a bunch of redpilled Hollywood movies even today, it matters a lot on how much profit they make, so you have Nolan's Batman.
I'm actually happy that Denis Villeneuve does the next Bladerunner movie, his movies (less in Arrival) don't fuck around with hard truths.

Do you have any other sociological questions, OP?

Seriously consider killing yourself. The film is fucking popcorn garbage made for the illiterates who go to theaters. It removes everything of any substance from the story in a successful effort to turn it into a generic action movie.

Hollywood IS propaganda. Its in almost everything they make. Whether its intentional or not, their extremely liberal, cultural marxist values infect everything they create. Fictional creations will always retain some of the subjective biases of its creator. Just like your faggot post.

Which is why people should be concerned about China's encroachment in the domestic marketing arena.

The documentary starts with him calling Americans "anti-intellectual" i'm sure that he wants to portray his philosophy through his books and he loved how the movie turned out, especially on the cinematography part.

yea the movie would have benefited so much from showing that retarded religion where they throw rocks at you and adding a bunch of scenes where Deckard tries to find a cheap live animal to put on his roof

>generic action movie
I don't really care for blade runner but its definitely not an action movie. Just because something has violence, doesnt mean it is action packed. Would you call Goodfellas or Pulp Fiction action movies?

Nice b8, it's one of the slowest movies, there are about 2 action scenes and even those are slow as fuck.

B-but you just make me want to read the book now, i think it's better to read the books after the movie/show, there's a higher chance of the source material being better, at least that's how i see it in most cases.

The film is incredibly redpilled on many topics.
Not only can noone understand the other person which all fall into small ethnic groups there is also this strange aestetics depicted that was at least 20 years a ahead of the time.
The audio commentary in the final cut is very interesting too. It clears up a lot of the symbolism Scott used.
Without a doubt one of the best films ever made.

I have to watch that, the soundtrack on cassette lol, weird that i didn't think about the director's commentary, i'm guessing that the Blu-ray release has it.