Breaking: Russian Navy ships & submarine spotted near Latvian border

twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/867100966293733377

>Four ships of the Russian Navy were spotted six miles away from the coast of Latvia. The Latvian army’s press service tweeted that on Tuesday.

>On May 22, Russian submarine support ship, corvette, frigate and a submarine were spotted in the exclusive economic zone of Latvia, six miles from the state border,’ reads the message.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Un1YADKfX4U
newsweek.com/russian-navy-boat-spotted-four-miles-latvia-border-481330
archive.is/pE7do
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's a latvian?

>six miles away from the coast of Latvia
>six miles from the state border

Some black tranny country with sex robots

>russian navy is next to russia

HABBEDING

>spotted in the exclusive economic zone of Latvia, six miles from the state border
>territorial waters are within 12 miles
FIRE THE MISSILES

Isn't there a naval exercise going on in the baltic sea?

They would be next to Latvia, not Russia.

So what? Is being near a border against some international law?

Latvia should really lay off drinking. Their addiction to alcohol (which resulted in Latvia being 3rd most drinking nation on Earth. Yes, and Russia is 4th, btw) leads to all sorts of problems.

It nothing special, Baltic fleet main base in Kaliningrad, ex-Konigsberg.

Probably just fleet exercises. Baltic countries tend to overreact to everything.

Lithuania suicide rates raised by 200% again?
Four ships is like 3/4 of whole their military

>What is Kaliningrad?

so these ships are six miles away from Sup Forums?

yes he means they were leaving Kaliningrad as usual. fucking retards.

youtube.com/watch?v=Un1YADKfX4U

>latvians
>white

Lol Lads I am off sailing in the Baltics soon, is there gonna be a happening?

>Be so defenseless you can't tell when a navy is coming until the destroyers are in eyesight

How are they even a country

They're either just passing by or it's a training exercise.

>where is Kaliningrad

dude

>newsweek.com/russian-navy-boat-spotted-four-miles-latvia-border-481330

It's not as if this is unknown behavior on your part, Ivan.

Or a Russian habit to give warning of their capability to power project against a former possession.

Always archive known clickbait sources. If site, dump on archive.is; if youtube video, rewrite domain in link to hooktube.com

archive.is/pE7do

>Be American
>Have vassal states, military bases and naval patrols all over the world
>Nothing wrong with this goy
>Be Russia
>Patrol around you border
>CODE RED CODE RED NAZI SLAVS ARE ATTACKING

take a look at the map, burger. russia shares border with latvia, so "russian navy spotted near latvian border" means "russian navy spotted on russian territory"

well the EEZ does touch. But hey they could be in port and be within 4 miles of Lithuania or Poland. not so much Latvia. I guess they just expect you navy to rust at the dock and never go anywhere.

I'll keep it in mind but I didn't think we were doing that anymore since the election. Huh.

And yet the one thing you don't continually hear about is American violations of the territorial waters of others. Except in cases of straits or narrows wherein Iranians or the like are claiming the entire passage in that case as territorial, because they want to give offense.

Also, we have military bases and naval patrols all over the world because they're generally needed. When Dutch ships sail around the horn of Africa, its our ships that see that your crew don't become captives of Somali pirates.

>take a look at the map, burger. russia shares border with latvia
An inland border, Ivan.

>so "russian navy spotted near latvian border" means "russian navy spotted on russian territory"
Russian navy spotted near the Latvian border means Russian navy spotted far away from Russian territory.

Kalingrad borders Lithuania, BTW, not Latvia.

If it were a case of ships errantly coming out of or heading into port, then you would think that would typically be noted, as the Russian ship would be far off course. The article I cited clearly gave evidence that the previous violation was in direct response to an earlier, positive reaction to violations of Latvian airspace.

Your country is tries to give offense to Latvia.

>13 aircraft carriers, more than 650 bases >Somali pirates.

No need to get jealous, and expressing that jealously by acting as an op force.

Just stop being a selfish bastard thinking that whole world belongs to you.

Are there articles when US navy goes near neighbors?

If you can't stop them from doing shit, don't cry foul about it, or reveal your true intentions.

It does because everyone is with them. Putin has already enough cock suckers in your country.

>like you had a choice

Yeah and we dealt with them.
Russia might be dicked to handle marine security but that involves being a world player and having a good economy, which you've never had post USSR.

It mostly does though.

But not for the same reasons that it used to.

dont bully lithium
or i bully you

Only that part of the world who is satisfied to conduct trade in peace and security.

>If you can't stop them from doing shit, don't cry foul about it, or reveal your true intentions.
If and when it happens, the least a country can do is remark that it has happened, or be known as a pushover who permits that kind of behavior to ever increase. This is basic "Freedom of the Seas" stuff, user. Latvia is showing no "true intention" other than to let the world know Russia needs to step off.

>Are there articles when US navy goes near neighbors?
I don't know, are there? You might think they'd be plenty, for as many ships as we have deployed, yet have you checked? We're pretty professional about that shit, and don't typically penetrate the 12mi barrier unless its in pursuit of an operation (before you leap to another conclusion, the most common operation is to give aide).

>HAPPENENING FELLOW GOYIM!!!!
>baltic fleet spotted in baltic sea!
>LETS SLIDE THE REAL NEWS! x^D

>Latvia is showing no "true intention" other than to let the world know Russia needs to step off.

I guess I'd trust the intention more if it was from a Latvian source being in a hissy.

In b4 that tugboat was for a brokedick sub.

>I guess I'd trust the intention more if it was from a Latvian source being in a hissy.
A Latvian source would be incomprehensible giberish tho.

For those Russocucks ITT and those earlier expressing the glib supposition that Russia was just engaging in routine behavior heading to or from their Baltic sea naval port, which relies on people generally being ignorant of the geography, here's the map with legend. The Russian navy never has need to be within four, six, or even twelve miles of the Latvian coastline, unless by "accident," or with intent to violate their territorial waters.

The baltics always go "autistic screeching" mode whenever we spot a vessel.

I dunno whats up with us and ships. Why we get triggered by them.

Ruskies break them all the time in Gulf of Finland Baltic Sea, it's in papers every time they do it here so I know

>testing for shit and giggles
>idiot russians cykabluat
>the actual route for them is narrow as shit esp. in gulf of binland

somehow they need to get from st pete to königsberg, baltcuck

Because it's

1. military presence
2. russians like breaking territorial waters and airspace for various reasons

it did not say coastline. it said eez. I doubt the Russians are dumb enough to try and maneuver 4 miles off the coast of Latvia given that would subject them to arrest and detainment.

>it did not say coastline. it said eez.
You're right in this case. Still coming closer than need be, however.

Who cares

you do understand where latvia is located in relation to russia right?

>it's in papers every time they do it here so I know

How is that presented?

>This Week in the Big Friendly Bear's Drunken Missteps...

are they lost?

>enters the thread to post
I posted a map so that ignorants like you could be so informed.

but how can one possibly resist the nectar of gods

Who cares the only baltic country that matters is benis junior