Have PhD in applied math

>have PhD in applied math
>Apply to internship in Toronto bank
>300+ PhD applicants, I get the job
>Pays $20 an hour with no benefits and no full time offer afterwards
>The work doesn't even require a PhD, the employers just felt like being picky because they can get away with it

Why is the job market in Western countries so much worse now than it was 30 years ago? This is getting unsustainable

immigration

Government over regulation has killed competition, thus driving down employment

>math

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>get paid 17.07$ an hour after taking a two-week job training, a great job to work in summer as I study in university

Might want to look more closely

government subsidy of "higher" (((education)))

You spent years of your life, and a lot of money, learning to think for yourself. You are a liability. Companies want people they can train to think their way. Preferably with experience.

how did he do a phd and 3 postdocs with only 6 papers? no wonder, should have at least double that

I just finished my phd and i have 5 papers, doing a postdoc which should have me past 10 in 3 years. Still wont get a job tho because im fucking a white male

Work harder. Stop being poor.

> learn another language
> move to the "second world" (Brazil, China, BRICs) world where they beg for a person with your skills.

>internship in bank

doing what

what the fuck are you even doing

>blue collar jobs go to chongs to save $
>white collar jobs go to pajeets to save $
>women join the workforce, cutting the rest of the pile in half

If this is real, then you fucked up somewhere.

kikes

the problem appears to be, that you suffer the disease of being white and male

bugman.txt

Because of globalist jews user. Like it or hate it, that is the truth. Go borrow some money on behalf of your children or don't have any children. Either way, enjoy.

I make 40$ hour.
I own gold.
You're educated.

Oh bullshit. It's because employers want you to have a debt they can threaten you with. That's the same reason that most of the middle class has employer-sponsored health insurance.
Source: ex-gf's dad, "muh job creator"

As a person with a Blue Collar job, and a MA, I wish t NEVER went to college. I total waste of time and money.

Risk management

It's boring as shit, basically just reading regulatory documents and making sure our numbers meet the minimum.

>>have PhD in applied math
> >Apply to internship in Toronto bank
> >300+ PhD applicants, I get the job
> >Pays $20 an hour with no benefits and no full time offer afterwards
> >The work doesn't even require a PhD, the employers just felt like being picky because they can get away with it
> Why is the job market in Western countries so much worse now than it was 30 years ago? This is getting unsustainable

Seriously get a real job

Work in shipyard

Make over $27 an hour with near unlimited overtime if you're not retarded, college degrees very rare in trades jobs

Keep nearly 70% of income after taxes and premium benefits

bro my brother makes more as a financial advisory 2 years college. what bank do you work for

why does it need a phd

why is a math person doing economics work

They asked me if I wanted to extend my internship by another 6 months and I almost laughed in their greedy chinese faces

Feminism just about doubled the supply of labour

nvm ur just larping

>be me
>chemical engineer
>master degree and doctorate in chemical engineering and materials science
>speak 4 non-native languages (english, spanish, german, french) and can code in 5
>never ever even got an offer for a chemical engineering job, ever
>worked as a sales guy for L'Oreal, which doesn't even needs a degree
>give up and join the Police academy
>spend my days doing paperwork for the investigations

Life sucks in the third world. So much effort, so much studying and whole nights awaken doing homework and essays, for nothing.

Dude there will always be bad job listings

Stop being a cuckold

Maybe you should of picked a career that pays money

100% this. Wages driven down for everyone.

I meant to quote it but fucked up.

>$20/hour internship
>internship
Fuck off and die. I was barely paid $1/hour at a fucking energy test bed.

Top 5 bank on Bay Street

We sometimes do coding in R and undergrad level math.

Neoliberal economic policy. Every major party in Western countries has the same failing economic doctrine, intended to protect bankers and investors.

You're absolutely retarded.

Apply to military!
If you were 'Murican, you'd have your choice of positions, NSA, USN, USAF, CIA, DIA, etc.

3 post docs, only 6 papers? What a joke

Here I am in a major city being offered multiple jobs in the IT sector with no finished degree all around 65-70k starting. OP, learn something useful you dumb faggot.

Engineering interns make more than that and get benefits

> be me
> drop out of STEM undergrad program
> become developer at major tech firm
> make double the average household income of my country

Being in my mid 20's and making this much is fucking awesome

I hear there's a lot of money in banking

bc 9/11 and bc mathematics is an unreasonable phenomenon that is unnecessary aside from addition and subtraction

You applied to an internship not a job you moron...PHD and you cant figure that out...also you didnt bother to tell us what people in that field make in toronto after a year or two of experience...hence the internship.

Chances are you put in the grunt work for a couple years making 20k a year and youll end up making six figures within 10....You have to be larping if you couldnt figure that out.

Heh heh...
Some people think the Civil Rights Act was some sort of manna from heaven.
Heh heh heh...
There is. Don't expect to get any of it unless you're a psychopath.

Guy I know interned at microsoft and got 7k a month as an undergrad

>drop out at 16
>start working in security
>24 now
>own a house, car, RV, bike and jet ski
>falling for the education meme

>50% of Americans live on the poverty line
>Just get a job in IT!

>went to colledge/university
I see where you went wrong. You thought a paper on the wall would feed you.

Gj working hard now raise a family and be a part of a community.

Ah fuck off. Please don't tell me this is true.

you must literally be retarded. I have a bachelors in math and applied math and first job out of college (right now) Im making 95k salary with 20-40k bonus (ive been told to expect)

>t. Retard

The reason most middle class jobs provide subsidized health insurance is because it was illegal to raise wages during wartime and 1940s companies had to think of some other way to competitively attract workers. Everyone started doing it and the trend never died.

There is a lot of money if you can drive revenue. Any good paying job in banking is only going to pay well if you are good with people and can sell. PhDs don't matter.

>graduate with bsci in med science
>get a $45,000 job doing analytical shit in hospital
>find a $90,000 job putting up scaffolding
Really tickles my taint...

And yet when adjusted for buying power the wages are lower now than in 1940, with no insurance at all!

Wew

>smoke weed
>do retail and construction just now learning plumbing
people are jobless because they don't want to do manual labor. To be fair some people can't do manual labor but most men 40 and under can do it.

I have 3 kids
>yfw both parents are Maori

>$20 an hour isn't good

Sure it's a starting wage but it is infinitely better than being a NEET or wage slave

Companies want people who are able to compartmentalize their own agenda and their company's agenda, preferably finding a way to fulfill both of them at once. Thinking for yourself is absolutely not a liability, but inflexibly refusing to follow your employer's proven protocol absolutely is. You're being paid, for which you provide a service, to spec. Give someone money to do something and see how you feel about them doing it "their way." This thread is full of no-world-experience neet retards congratulating each other on your inability to navigate human society.

Depends what field. If you're doing cancer research in mouse models good luck getting 1 paper during PhD. If you're doing materials science you can probably get 6 papers in a PhD with average effort.

>Ph.D
>3 post docs
>6 papers

What the fuck. I've got a friend in the first year of his PhD that has published 4 papers. Jesus Christ, no wonder he's unemployed.

>drop out of school because it was too gay
>move away from fag city to small town
>get job that starts at $22 per hour with health and pension benefits
>boss didn't even finish highschool but works hard and knows his shit

Why is OP such a dainty-handed faggot?

It is.

Life is hell in Brazil. I should have just skipped higher education, it's not worth it here.

Outsourcing, immigration, women in the marketplace, automation, regulation, and debt-heavy, low-interest financial policy that hurts the working class.

Surely if everyone just pulled up their BOOTSTRAPS there would be no poverty

Thank you based merchants for galving the cost of labour and getting my wife easy access to BBC and gubmin gibbs if she decides she wants to run away with J'mal al Bagdahdi

$20 an hour is shit for a person with a PHD

hmmm.. i don't know, maybe research the job market before you piss away years and thousands of dollars for a useless degree.
i'm self taught computer security, retired @ 55.
i' still do a little contract work, i won't interview for less than $50 hr

>2 year degree in industrial maintenance
>got a job starting pay $20.65
>full benefits
>5 day work week. Always weekends off

Eat a dick leaf faggot

Maybe for plumbing. I've worked across several construction trades and there's tons of work place politics that keep people from advancing. Most foremen are Friends, Brothers, or In-laws of some other fuck in a company. Can't even count how many times I've had to fix some fuck up that a bosses son who had a higher title and wage than mine

>Toronto

Well if you're white, that's the problem

>be me
>no degree
>make more than most of you idiots

You're all a disgrace to the white race. Sort yourselves out.

What do you do?

>get degree in a field that is saturated
>WOW WHY CANT I FIND A JOB???

You could be making 6 figures doing a skilled trade, but you think that is 'below you'. So now you take scraps.

Stupid millennial.

OP youre in Toronto. All medicine services are free? do you even need more money?

IT jobs here in Florida require a Net + and A+ but starting pay is 10:10 an hour.

Yes, thats right, 30 hours a week maximum, no benefits, and only for 300$ a week BEFORE taxes.

For an associates and 2 technical certs.

College was a mistake.

>Muh Neoliberalism
No, it's the fucking immigrants that are killing the job market. Them and the old people who are living longer and retiring later, not allowing young blood in most companies

It's also 3rd world tier wage in Toronto. Where a non bed bug infest 1 bedroom is $1300+ leafbucks with every commodity jacked up

He isn't completely wrong.

Immigration is one of the key tenets of neoliberalism, and there are just too many people for the available jobs..

Florida economy is shit.

I'm starting my first year undergraduate in business this fall. Any tips on future planning? I'm thinking of going into finance to learn the way of the market jew.

If you're not a lazy fuck it isn't hard to find work within 1-3 months. If you can't do that you should kill yourself for being such a lazy dumbass

That's for the job market to decide. Which it turns out is shit, but between that and nothing, you take $20/hour. The real problem is with high school and undergraduate educators telling you that degrees lead to better employment opportunities when realistically you would have better chance at long term, financially rewarding employment in your field if you had become an electrician.

>get college degree
>nothing but internship offers that pay less than minimum wage, no benefits, have to move to expensive city on my own dime
>fuck that
>take a Wine and Spirits certificate course for 500 dollars
>am now making 60k a year working for a winery

yep

>phd

Your fault for not doing an internship while you were an undergrad, or afterwards. By now you should be doing some type of fellowship, but instead you're selling yourself for peanuts making it more difficult for the rest of us.

Sounds like your friend is lying to you because many science PhD programs do rotations and aren't even in a lab their first year

90%+ of my co-workers are foreign born. There's a bottomless talent pool of Chinese, Iranian and Russian stem PHDs so the employers don't give a fuck

Do you realise how many people in this country live in poverty or close? It's not for lack of hard work, there are systemic issues

>PhD in applied math

That's where you fucked up desu

Toronto is the next Vancouver in terms of housing and Vancouver is the next Toronto in terms of social faggotry. Move north, away from the American border, it's almost like the flouride is leaking into our water

What do you do at the winery? How long did it take you to make that much?

it is fine in the US

We had plenty of immigration from 1950 - 1980, where wages doubled twice. That was under largely keynesian economic systems.

Wages have stayed the same since 1980.

I'm working for free at my internship, and delivering pizza by night.

I did a PhD and two postdocs. In the postdocs *alone* I had six papers, and that was considered a middle-of-the-road number.

>Says Neoliberalism
>states that someone is retarded for thinking it's immigration
>Neoliberalism commoditizes labour and it's in their interest to keep labour costs down through immigration

I think you're the fucking dipshit here user

We imported a bunch of ambitious Asians and we aren't competing

You got any change chump?

Lol holy shit that's awesome. It's always the places you least expect it that have some of the best jobs.

You need to make drugs it pays well with your degree , set up lab make a killer batch of exotic drugs fentanyl retire !