A species is going extinct before our very eyes -- we really can stop it, but there’s no time to spare!

A species is going extinct before our very eyes -- we really can stop it, but there’s no time to spare!

The vaquita is a sweet, shy mini-dolphin that only lives in a small part of Mexico -- and there’s just 30 of them left! They’re being accidentally caught in a certain kind of fishing net, then suffocating to death. And the temporary ban on these nets that was a lifeline for the vaquitas is about to expire.

The Mexican Minister of Environment wants to do the right thing but is under heavy pressure from the fishing lobby. Let’s show him that if he proposes a permanent ban, he’ll have the world behind him

Other urls found in this thread:

support.worldwildlife.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=941
youtube.com/watch?v=iu-7DXBiVsA
youtube.com/watch?v=xn_l2yS6H2o
businessinsider.com/dolly-sheep-clones-not-identical-epigenetics-2016-7
archive.is/Zdmvp
sciencevshollywood.com/does-epigenetic-variation-explain-differences-among-clones/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170110120638.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hello white people, I am symbolism of your future

lets purge mexico instead, no desert gypsies, noone to kill the dolphins

NICE BIRD

>protecting rapists
What are you, a muslim?

Is 30 even a viable breeding population? Sounds like they are dead already.

>isolate a part of the ocean
>put dolphins in there
>let them reproduce and stuff
>time goes by
>more dolphins
>fix
Or you could just keep one in your bathtub.

ive never heard of these pygmy dolphins before
i doubt they can be saved at this point though
if we can barely keep tigers alive how the hell are we suppose to save 30?
especially in mexico where laws have the strength of a cancer patient
outside foreces would have to come in an round them up and take them to a reserve to somehow save them if they stay in mexico theyre as good as extinct

Didn't the American condor get down to literally 2? Or maybe it was some breed of tiger

probably tiger maybe the white ones
i think the condor was close but was sved

After a while you don't get the same species due to inbreeding mutations. May as well let it die.

we do have cloning nowadays but i doubt it would take off well

I want to fuck a mini dolphin

t. Mehmet bin Merkel

It's so cute

Vaquita is trying to say something. i do think vaquita is /our/ specie. would be a shame if it became a hate symbol.

support.worldwildlife.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=941

Didnt realize mexico had complete oceanic surveillance.

Fucking shitskins and their disregard for animals.

you madman

Mexican's are trying to wipe them out? Those dirty wall hoppers

Eradicating the Chinese would save a huge amount of endangered species and reduce a lot of environmental problems.

you expect mexislobs to have a sense of kindness and respect for animals?

that being said, this is sad. literal dolphins who din do nuffin. i hope something is done

survival of the fittest
there is no nice in this universe
you guys need a reality check

worlds ending sept 23 so i dont really care about extinct species otherwise its kind of sad

Cute!

I have never heard about these before until I stumbled over this thread. But you might as well consider them extinct at this point if they are here in Mexico of all places.

Shouldn't they collect them all and start a captive breeding program?

is it really a matter of survival of the fittest if they would have survived if spics never messed with them?

this is a cute creature but I've always thought dolphins were fags

cant help you

I hope your plastic utensils fail you when you need them for self defense.

nope they are fucked. bet only like two of them are females

>is it really a matter of survival of the fittest if they would have survived if europeans never messed with mammoths?
does truth make you hope for things to save you?

you hit the nail on the head.

only japs and whites care about animals and the environment. i'm sorry vaquitas, but there is nothing we can do if you're in spic country.

2015 called, they want their happening prophecy back.

youtube.com/watch?v=iu-7DXBiVsA

>Does truth make you hope for things to save you?
WTF is that suppose to even mean?

>implying mammoths went away because of humans

That's a cute doggo, Kraut.

Call Putin

Based smugfish

maybe they should have expanded their own range, its the dolphins own fault.

get updated bro
youtube.com/watch?v=xn_l2yS6H2o

there was never really any evidence that sept 23 was for 2015 it was always pointing to 2017 where we have the real sign from heaven

I would be more than happy to trade him the damned Ridley turtles for these. I love dolphins.

>japs
>caring about animals
Not really. Here eating whale is shocking to no one.

>Japs
>caring about animals
Stop worshiping my kind you faggot

>saving a dolphin species from going extinct
For what porpoise? Don't you know about the rape caves?

>Shouldn't they collect them all and start a captive breeding program?
Apparently they are actually doing this, Seashepherd also deployed ships to try and prevent illegal fishing.

>implying countless mega-fauna didn't go extinct because of humans
Tell me more of your hopes, write a blog.

Just give up, it won't happen. it didn't happen before, it won't happen this time.

how can humans even compete with, this. they are dragging all the white women into their drug fueled rape caves!

Fuck 'em
purge all non humans

Some species go instinct because they are suppose too. We need to stop trying to dick around with the process.

The Chinese use to have pinkish dolphins that lived in the Yangze.. Amazonian river dolphins are almost gone too. So many incredible marine mammals are going or gone. But mass extinctions have always been like this.. We're making way for the next lifeforms and the next stage of the Earth

And some are killed because of Mexicans.

All the animals will go extinct before the end of the millennia specially if humanity doesn't start controlling human birth rates world wide, we are the aids of this world killing it slowly from with in

>We're making way for the next lifeforms and the next stage of the Earth
Making way would imply we're leaving behind habitable space

30 is so very little. god bless whoever tries to save them.

why is it so smug even in face of extinction?

It is. We have had beavers populate Western Finland from a handful of specimens.

If you cant eat it or fuck it...then KILL IT

if say all 30 were captured for a large breeding program teamed up with future cloning, I reckon it could be possible to make the species viable again.

funny thing to me with cloning is for years various animal groups and anti extinction groups have been preaching about cloning back to life animals that humans caused to go extinct but now thats its starting to become much more viable and scientists have managed to 100% sequence things like the Dodo, Carrier Pigeon, and Tasmanian tiger many of those same bunch are screaming WAIT maybe introducing an extinct species could fuck up something else.

What do you mean sweet?
Like the meat tastes sweet?
Is that why they are going extinct, people are eating them faster than they can breed?
How can we get a few steaks before they are gone then?

nope, actually ivan-fritz
go make me a taco, huan, and put some work in it this time
cause the last one sucked

So you would kill dogs?

>100% sequence things like the Dodo, Carrier Pigeon, and Tasmanian tiger
Epigenetics is the big obstacle. We just don't know well enough how those genes are supposed to be switched on and off.

It's not even possible to create a 100% identical specimen of anything, because epigenetics does slight changes to them. None of the Dolly the sheep clones are like the original.

>Kill dogs
>Canadians suddenly have to compete with muslim rapefugees for women
You didn't think this through did you?

>what is genetic drift

Its a very defiant fish

chances are either various governments or private companies (likely both) are already doing it behind closed doors.

>dat feel when you'll never be a mad scientist with crazy private funding and access to all kinds of dna and cloning technology

What are you trying to imply?

CUTE
U
T
E

If you can't survive Mexicans then you are too ill adapted to live.

I don't think so. You should Google epigenetics. It's not understood very well by anybody.

businessinsider.com/dolly-sheep-clones-not-identical-epigenetics-2016-7

Always archive known sources of clickbait. If site, dump on archive.is; if youtube video, rewrite domain in url to hooktube.com

archive.is/Zdmvp

It's useless user, the mexican goverment & all of the ministers dont give a fuck about anyone or anything that isnt making them money.

they could give a fuck about their own kind, their own people, what the fuck makes you think they care about this poor ocean life form?

the automated variation of allels is a necessary function of an organism to prevent the offspring to have no variation between them
the genes are activated or deactivated depending on the circumstances like temperature, stress levels, populatin density, food

Another article.

sciencevshollywood.com/does-epigenetic-variation-explain-differences-among-clones/
Put on the tinfoil hat.

I know what it is, but it's not relevant to the problems of cloning. The latter part you're talking about sounds more like epigenetics. Genetic drift doesn't make changes during your lifetime.

>digits and good, bad, ugly quote

have a blessed day my friend

actually it can, just like mutatnt sectors within your body
contrary to what the media is telling most of the time, your genes do not stay the same over your life, a person can have several thousands of different mutations all across his whole body over the course of his life, but as long as those mutations do not happen to appear within his sperm they will not be passed on to the future generation

Things that you do in your lifetime can be passed down to your kids. Kevin MacDonald talked about this with his theory that Jews have developed into a more ethnocentric group through selection. Maybe it's true?

sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170110120638.htm

>whites caring about animals
remind me again what white americans did to the passenger pidgeon

Why not just assassinate those Mexishit fishermen? Depopulating subhumans to ensure the survival of an endangered species--because face it, burrito lives are unimportant and expendable--is a good thing.

thanks

thats a good idea.
like if someone northern europe in the early 1900's, the blue whale population in the arctic would still be in their 100 thousands.
we should kill whites in the US too during the time for hunting the american Bison to near extinction.

OMG !!! WHAT IS THAT? It's super cute. I've never seen one before in my life !!!! REEEEEEEEE

nobody knew it even existed, if you didnt tell anyone about it and let it go extinct nobody would fuckin notice

*like if someone genocide the whole of northern europe

With only 30 of them not many people have.

We need better memes than the nordic ones, they are not bad but a little offensive for normiebook.

Id bbq that tiny fucker, i bet shes delicious.

>we should kill whites in the US
You can try. It's much more easier to redirect a nuke drone and erase you cockroaches though. Nothing of value would've been lost if you and your people stopped existing.

Save this species NOW!!!

TFW care more about animals than humans

coming soon to a tuna can near you

What benefit does the species have for humans? For the ocean? etc. Had this convo a while ago, which ended badly. Animals in the process of going extinct shouldn't be protected. There are reasons, even if "humans" are one of them, as to why they are unable to live in a changing world. There are also factors of making them "rare" which enables poachers to hunt them for prizes or profiting. If a creature is unable to adapt to the ruling species, humans, they do not get the right to interfere with their progress. Humans only care about other animals since we're by nature a lonely creature. We keep animals around only for the benefit of ourselves, or to fulfill our selfish needs not to be alone. If you had to choose between a human, or another species, you would choose human. If not, you're broken.

Ah, the inbred trailer trash pale nigger finally knows what it feels when someone wants to wipe out his entire animal murdering race.
You love animals so much yes? Start by killing yourself you dumbfuck. Whites droved more animal species to extinction than any races in the world.

Bullshit all we have to do it's to move them to a place without fishing and they'll be fine, they'll do it themselves if they weren't so scared of boats.