Taiwan's top court rules in favour of same-sex marriage

Taiwan's top judges have ruled in favour of gay marriage, paving the way for it to become the first place in Asia to legalise same-sex unions.

The highest court ruled that current laws preventing members of the same sex from marrying violated their right to equality and were unconstitutional.

It gave parliament two years to amend existing laws or pass new ones.

Wednesday's landmark decision came as the LGBT community faces increasing persecution in the region.

In a press release following the ruling, the court said that "disallowing two persons of the same sex to marry, for the sake of safeguarding basic ethical orders" constituted a "different treatment" with "no rational basis."

The court concluded that "such different treatment is incompatible with the spirit and meaning of the right to equality" as protected by Taiwan's constitution.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-40012047

cnn.com/2017/05/24/asia/taiwan-same-sex-marriage/

washingtonpost.com/world/in-milestone-decision-taiwan-court-rules-in-favor-of-same-sex-marriage/2017/05/24/bf7aa370-405b-11e7-9851-b95c40075207_story.html?utm_term=.f6f1fdf02e05

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/csYfG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good.

Always archive known sources of clickbait. If site, dump on archive.is; if youtube video, rewrite domain in url to hooktube.com

archive.is/csYfG

that's awfully nice of them

Real Chinese here. This type of shit is basically why I`m forced to return home after I graduate. Western liberalism is a fucking cancer. Thankfully I should be able to start turning shit around before we have tranny freaks running around like we do right now here in NY.

Abominations and their liberal enablers all need to hang.

bump

Your'e welcome to go back Chang.

Lol I like mainland China now

Meh, whatever. Taiwan is still cool.

This is surprising?

Aren't like 70% of their population ladyboys at this point?

Stop worrying about minorities, especially minorities like me who actually integrate and contribute to society.
What you need to do as a white man is fix your house and get rid of the traitors and niggers. If I were staying I would help, but I`ve noticed a lot more white ethnostate advocates lately.
It makes me sad, I grew up in North Dakota around all whites and consider whites my brothers.

>Stop worrying about minorities,
Hshs good one
>especially minorities like me who actually integrate and contribute to society.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH GOD THAT'S HILARIOUS

That`s Thailand, dumbfuck. Google Maps is a free service.

Great argument, Cletus.

Fucking degenerates.

They're both more or less overrun with them you dumb nigger.

>tfw you trigger fat Sup Forums virgins just by being gay
Feels good desu :)

This is why mainland China must reclaim Taiiwan

You`ve never left your state, have you?
Kill yourself.

The kikes' treachery knows no bounds

Have you? Have you seen Taipei lately? Do you even known what you're talking about at all?

Something must be done about these sodomites. We need a new AIDS.