Philippines General /pg/

Current situation:
OLD:
>IS fighters took control of a part of Marawi city (200 000 + inhabitants), capital of Lanao del Sur
>Anti-terrorism jail under their control, prisoners freed
>the jail and police stations are being destroyed
>AFP (armed forces of the philippines) are on their way to counter attack
>Marawi city mayor says that IS fighters didn't face resistance from army and police
>IS linked medias spoke about a major IS operation against the philippinian army in Marawi
>AFP says that the clashes started after they tried to capture one of their leaders (Isnilon Hapilon)
>Duterte declared martial law in Mindanao for at least 60 days
>Heavy fog of war, government tries to downplay the situation while people on social medias are probably overexagerating
>some people are fleeing the city
>more pictures showing IS fighters inside the city today
>Black-out: no electricity in most of the city (unconfirmed)
>very few informations from there

NEW informations:
Official IS statement:
>more 100 muslim prisoners freed in Marawi
>75 policemen/soldiers killed/wounded
>clashes ongoing in the city
>weapons and vehicles seized from army/police
>most of the city under their control
>a church burned
>New pictures published by IS from the city
some pictures: twitter.com/RomainCaillet/status/867380586196996096

>Duterte wants to extend the martial law to whole PH if IS gets into Luzon
>EXPLOSIONS IN JAKARTA, INDONESIA
>Unconfirmed: IS took a new jail in Marawi

Other urls found in this thread:

gsdrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ConflictAnalysisARMM.pdf
ieee.es/en/Galerias/fichero/docs_analisis/2012/DIEEEA41-2012_TerrorismoIslamicoFilipinas_BPI_ENGLISH.pdf
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/867069026165456896/pu/vid/640x360/3qYkRsENuztvqB9w.mp4
video.twimg.com/amplify_video/866994784321196032/vid/540x360/TqfnyCykA2R2BnC0.mp4
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/867062244982632448/pu/vid/320x180/sXDb12rCc3XwD5xy.mp4
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/867025568084226049/pu/vid/178x320/W0zIl-OGmEYy0y7y.mp4
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/867020217188220929/pu/vid/358x640/3zzW1WsIGcFsvpdM.mp4
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/866960492052578304/pu/vid/1280x720/iYFt4npfP1vF5yXc.mp4
twitter.com/geopolitiquee/status/867097836147675138
youtube.com/watch?v=RSvTAJiTUfE
youtube.com/watch?v=EbI0cMyyw_M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maute_group
twitter.com/PorteTonAme/status/867419019342741504
youtube.com/watch?v=G4r1qBX7gGE
twitter.com/metesohtaoglu/status/867198119959810048
vozdecroacia.hrt.hr/blog/vukovar-dignidad-sin-politica/
youtube.com/watch?v=nXXge_9x-KA
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3-WGR0S9Xw&t=35s
youtube.com/watch?v=nvXtH73EQPg
archive.is/fXCjO
youtube.com/watch?v=QdXic0rnL54&t=1s
archive.is/tbIVn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God save Duterte

thx for using my OC

WAR FLAG SOON

OUTTA MY WAY IS FUCKING SHITS

Only and true flag of the Philipines

> tfw it's 1 am here and it'll be slow thread.

I'll be here once a new update is disclosed. But from what I have heard, dutdut will be flying to the battleground to assess the situation soon.

visiting /r/philippines was a mistake

> Background information on the conflict:
gsdrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ConflictAnalysisARMM.pdf

ieee.es/en/Galerias/fichero/docs_analisis/2012/DIEEEA41-2012_TerrorismoIslamicoFilipinas_BPI_ENGLISH.pdf

> Videos from yesterday:
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/867069026165456896/pu/vid/640x360/3qYkRsENuztvqB9w.mp4
video.twimg.com/amplify_video/866994784321196032/vid/540x360/TqfnyCykA2R2BnC0.mp4
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/867062244982632448/pu/vid/320x180/sXDb12rCc3XwD5xy.mp4
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/867025568084226049/pu/vid/178x320/W0zIl-OGmEYy0y7y.mp4
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/867020217188220929/pu/vid/358x640/3zzW1WsIGcFsvpdM.mp4
video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/866960492052578304/pu/vid/1280x720/iYFt4npfP1vF5yXc.mp4

> Maybe the first offical video from the pov of the attackers (even has the music):
twitter.com/geopolitiquee/status/867097836147675138

> ISIS was able to create a network in the Philippines @pic related
Check out this account "twitter.com/Rita_Katz" and search for "Philippines", "Mindanao" or "Marawi", because it reports on all ISIS activity.

> Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=RSvTAJiTUfE

Never, ever go on that commie/lib infested shithole senpai

Shouldn't thread theme be this :

youtube.com/watch?v=EbI0cMyyw_M

> Situation report from yesterday, while not a lot of information was out to the public @pic

Many hours till new sunrise.. what do till then except to wonder what it will bring

When will the mudslimes attack our mainland aka Luzon?

Some information on the group:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maute_group

Pic is from the attack.

NP, it was a good one.

This thread will most likely be slow,

And the Croat user was correct in the last thread, there was adoption agencies and more darker types that where all over the yugoslavian area picking up kids for fostering.

soon
Yes, the Italians do stuff there own way, but they seem to make it work, even if I think they are insane.

Is adopting a Yugoslavian chick into your family as an unofficial waifu the way to go?

Can the US intervene? I'd join up in a heartbeat

There were no reflectives on the deck or on the ground i stood up and hit something so hard my head split open.
There were guys from the "big red one" there in transfer so one of them patched me up, a mexibro i think.

For the Argentinian in the last thread
Not ustasa (wrong period) but HOS.

We called them falovka and rusty cause some delivered were not finished properly and would rust or turn brownish in a day or two in the field.

Breh i guess you know that there are a lot of exPats in Argentina from Croatia and that they are good people.
If it were not for the FAL's and some Ultimax etc. our Bljesak and Oluja would not go so smooth, our better trainer forces used them.

There were some G3's and stuff Germany "never knew about" but the FAMA and FAMTD were really respected and performed great.

Damn son!
I hope the children are not asking hard questions mom's origins or how do you met.

Another video:
twitter.com/PorteTonAme/status/867419019342741504

Well It would not be as easy these days, and also while the Yugoslavia nation states are not great, they are much better off then the late 1990s.

Perhaps if Mecedonia goes to hell you might find it again, but these days there would be highly organized gangs that would deal with it, and not the ad-hoc method that was the 1990s where people would come up to you and say "I have a cousin who needs a home" type stuff.

Also, they are much more strict these days about entry and airtravel and so on. Not like the old days where you would show her papers and say "She with me" and then when you got to the states you would say "I adopted her" and showed a handwritten paper saying give So and so to So and so to be taken care of..

We just say we met in the war and I took her in. which is truthful.

Ah well. Keep me posted on opportunities. GF's like to adopt (Asian), and Slavs are still considered white, yeah?

Yep, there was all sorts of equipment all over the place.

I had a Star A (The Spanish pistol) for my personal protection back then. Wished I still had it. Might have to find one again.

More videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=G4r1qBX7gGE

twitter.com/metesohtaoglu/status/867198119959810048

I hate the president but I hope he kill all muslims in mindanao.

And, martial law everywhere happening soon.

Not that guy but
- Police captain was beheaded.
- Catholic church is making an ass of themselves by directly interrogating with the terrorists without talking to the government
- group is likely still in control
- still no large military precense in the area just units near that area
- stolen police equipment don't know if that includes military equipment(but it's likely)

It is said that at least 400 argies went to fight for Croatia in the 90s

Found this weird web about Argies in Croatia
You cand read it in your language, HR top right
vozdecroacia.hrt.hr/blog/vukovar-dignidad-sin-politica/

They talk about "Rodolfo Barrio Saavedra" and say he's some high rank in the Croat Army.

Yes I know there are lots of Croats and their descent living here, never met them but they OK!

Lot of reports of people expecting full scale Martial Law in place within 48 hours.

ARMA 3 APEX WAS PREPARING US FOR MILITARY INTERVENTION IN THE PHILIPINES

Great, more shit skin refugees.

Holy fucking shit, full blown martial law imminent.

This is it guys, we are at end times.

Thanks for the answer.

> Group is likely still in control
I really hope your guys on the ground are able to act as quick as possiable to neutralize them.
The more ground they manage to take, the scarrier the whole situation becomes.
Especially with the freeing of prisioners, they did the same thing in Iraq and Syria.

Lot of reports saying they expect it in the next 4-6 hours. (Unconfirmed)

did anything relevant happen today?

yes, explosions in jakarta and IS advances inside the city
and still no counter attack from the AFP

>I really hope your guys on the ground are able to act as quick as possiable to neutralize them.
Not possible. Decades of fuckery made any large scale military movement impossible. Martial Law is also a big no-no in the country.
>The more ground they manage to take, the scarrier the whole situation becomes.
Spillover is likely. 3 possible scenarios.
1) skirmishes all over mindanao
2) martial law will force bigger muslim groups to join this shit because our president is volatile
3.) large skirmish in Luzon
These 3 are likely
>Especially with the freeing of prisioners, they did the same thing in Iraq and Syria.
too late now

Today is still 2 hours old over there. Do not expect more reports for another 4 hours or so.

>large skirmish in Luzon
When that happens, the shit will hit the fan.

>Martial Law is also a big no-no in the country.
I got that from all the libshits on twitter yesterday, fucking disgrace.

>too late now
I know, I meant that they got extra support from the raid on the prision from yesterday, just like it happened in Syria and Iraq.

They are also already creating roadblocks, looting checkpoints and going from door to door.

Are filipinos asleep?
youtube.com/watch?v=nXXge_9x-KA

no.2 is actually worse. There's only a few muslims in luzon and most of them are only in certain areas. If something happens, it will be quick but deadly.

no.2 literally means civil war in scale. Other muslim groups are in the thousands. One group estimated strength is between 50k to 100k.
???

It IS 2am there.

If you have 50 to 100 K muslims ready to fight, there is no way you will avoid them chimping out some day, better now with a president ready to act.

You are 100% right.
It will end up with cooperation with the other groups, till they are in a position to take out the leadership and absorb them into ISIS, while plundering their equipment, connections, intel and supplies.

This

There have been peace talks for a long time with various groups, even cooperation between government troops in fight with other jihadis who are not interrested in the peace process.
But the recent conflict might put an end to it.

this is pathetic. Duterte should have been able to take the area back twice over by now. lost a lot of respect for this guy

There have been peace talks for a long time with various groups, even cooperation between government troops in fight with other jihadis who are not interrested in the peace process.
That's what they want to say publicly.
>MILF
Abu Sayyaf, this group, ISIS of the philippines came from MILF and even MNLF. One member can easily jump groups.

Ya no. Movement in the flips is like Vietnamese island mode. You can't take the expressway to jihadi land and hit up a quick run to bass pro shop for a few quick jigs and lures for the per diem fishing trip after mop up ops.

>One member can easily jump groups.
It is the jihadi way of life.

>The MILFs troops

Enough is enough How many "peacetalks" would be givern to IRA or ETA terrorists? these libtards can't be more hipocrites!

It is not so easy to root them out of society.

God bless Duterte. Crush the Muslim bastards!!

It's actually easy. Their area of influence is actually just a small part of Mindanao. You just need a very committed government.

Some more info @pic related

Here take a few of these

From my understanding, these islamic groups operated for quit some time in the philippines and also recived funding from the outside.
But for a certain amount time, there was a push against them, in cooperation with the Burgers.

Can you tell me what changed and allowed them to grow to its current form?
When I looked online, they started to get more and more support around 2013/2014.

What the hell is that clusterfuck?

Why the fuck is the media not covering this?

The closest thing I can get is this.

official reason: the army got to one of their leaders
real reason: finally got their arms shipment they wanted

>From my understanding, these islamic groups operated for quit some time in the philippines and also recived funding from the outside.
There were non-militant movements in the US colonial area(1950's) it only got militant in the late 50's to 80's.
>also recived funding from the outside.
This is just recent, primarily from Malaysia.
>But for a certain amount time, there was a push against them, in cooperation with the Burgers.
That's when we are still under US rule/influence.
>Can you tell me what changed and allowed them to grow to its current form?
When I looked online, they started to get more and more support around 2013/2014.
More than 15 years of avoiding to tackle them head-on. After President Estrada, no one tried to solve this problem so they grew exponentially. They essentially the rule of law in areas they control and the government are just on their borders.

Thank you for the answer.

Left out the fact that a lot of these terrorist groups are funded by Malaysia. Marwan, the main objective of that embarrassing blunder that caused the death of 44 soldiers is Malaysian. Nur Misuari, a leader of a big islamo rebel group still won't use his real name probably because of Malaysian ties. The situation in Mindanao is extremely similar to the situation in the southern Thai provinces nearer to Malaysia where they are also struggling with muslim insurgencies.

Malaysia by keeping the Philippines indefinitely poor by draining its resources in the south through countless insurgencies and unrest makes sure that it couldn't play a bigger role in the geopolitics in the region particularly its claims on Sabah.

MILF and MNLF are islamic factions that followed the more traditional culture they had pre spanish colonization.

ASG was more of a breakaway group from the two. Rumored to be originally organized to ward off commies insurgencies in mindanao but slowly resorted to banditry in the 90's.

Maute Group is a more recent variant of this extremist which aligned themselves with ISIS started , I think in early 2012 . it was an offshoot of MNLF and BIFF leaders. Mauta group originated form the Maute brothers in butig, The military has been on their tails for quite awhile now and since they knew who financed them but can't do shit since tbere's no substantial evidence to get a standing warrant.

Now with martial law is in place in Mindanao, I think the whole army will have a field day raking these fucks off the map.

Thank you too, I really appreciate providing information like that.

i thought that we colonized the whole islands in Philippines, why aren't they catholics?

Others might like pic related.
(I have it for MILF, MNLF, and BIFF)

MNLF @pic

BIFF @pic

You guys didn't get the entirety of mindanao. You got fucked over Muslim slave traders back then and , potentially, made a deal over it that they can resume their piracy over the sulu sea.

What about mobilizing other Flips against the Muslim enemy? It there enough hate to take the fight to a local level? Could loyal Filipinos be rewarded with Muslim property and land for killing them off?

Also Ferdinand Marcos's operation Merdeka is also another blunder that alerted the Malaysians about the Philippine's intentions in Sabah, most probably beefing up their operations in the area, creating a clusterfuck for Manila to clean up today.

They work. A good cleaning and oiling never hurts.

I can't find ANYONE covering this, only Sup Forums, mentioned on a couple obscure websites, probably Reddit Philippines, and Philippines News Network.

This DWARFS every terrorist attack happening in Europe, yet we're still talking about Manchester like it fucking matters now.

Finally home guys, I feel like I missed alot of quality shitposting here

It's surprising to see this thread is still going strong

>you lived long enough to see Philippines becoming almost as relevant as Syria on Sup Forums

Well, time to make some memes

REMOVE SATTI

Welcome back!
Appreciated your input in yesterdays threads, same goes for slovakian user and all the anons from the philippines.

Thanks anons, I will tell my pals so that we won't get more trouble to execute Gringo tourists

Well we had some shitposting, and talking about the Yugo wars and stuff to keep it bumped.

The heavy American involvement in this region is why. Literally their whole motto is "Everyone knows we're here, we just don't make it a big deal" like a bunch of jews. The lack of coverage is most probably to not let China or Russia take interest in these regions which is happening right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3-WGR0S9Xw&t=35s
youtube.com/watch?v=nvXtH73EQPg

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME WHY IS IT TAKING SO FUCKING LONG TO DEAL WITH A FEW HUNDRED GOAT FUCKERS IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR OWN FUCKING COUNTRY

Swat teams and thousands of special forces should have been deployed in less than an hour after Isis started this shit. What the fuck is the army doing. Where the fuck are army bases in this country.

Fucking explain this you weak ass gooks.

Squeeze, don't pull, and aim for center mass.

Here is a follow up from Dutertes visit to Russia:
archive.is/fXCjO

I bet he's really pissed off that he need to cut his meeting short.

You shouldn't need an explanation you ignorant shit. You have the internet.

OP thinks all countries are the same with the same resources, wealth and mobility. Are you a nigger? If not, take melanin and join them to further reduce dindu IQ average.

PI is dirt poor because the society is absolutely corrupt and backward. That isn't changing which is why smart Flips leave and never return. There is no serious army in western terms. It's more like Africa.

Good thing I have day off tomorrow

I believe this will become yet another general on Sup Forums as even if this situation in Marawi clears up, there are still conflicts going on in Basilan and the rest of Sulu for us to watch
I wish I would be able to read all of that, although it's probably over a thousand posts there

Care to give quick rundown that Yugowars stuff?

Tropical terrain you fucking retard. The soldiers in this country are conducting humanitarian aid while fighting coconut climbing muslims who only attack when they are most vulnerable. Whenever they lose an engagement they simply just slip away in the dense forests, how could you ever possibly gain a complete victory against this tactic?

youtube.com/watch?v=QdXic0rnL54&t=1s

Watch this, this is the kind of environment they're working on. Trying to win the hearts of the people who have 50-50 chance of sympathizing with the goatfuckers and ratting out your sleeping schedules and where you are located so you could be ambushed.

No deals in buying arms?

I would be too, to be honest.
But atleast he managed to get something out of it.

>Whenever they lose an engagement they simply just slip away in the dense forests, how could you ever possibly gain a complete victory against this tactic?

Deforestation and roving bands of "LRRP"s to hunt and kill the enemy. Put better sensors on the air force Bronco fleet. Beg Uncle Sam for aid in return for reinstating US basing which was always a plus for the country and brought in serious cash.

This

If anyone cared to look at how poor the infrastructure is there, they would be surprised how well the AFP is actually doing it

> Just in: Maute Group are slowly fleeing marawi city.

> AFP on high alert on where they will hide next.

(You)

This article goes into more details:
archive.is/tbIVn

It mentioned that a seperate military deligation is working on an arms deal.

Duterte and Trump should team up to wipe out this scourge.

>Just in: Maute Group are slowly fleeing marawi city.
Until people can go back, this is just talk.

Pretty much. still waiting for the official AFP announcement.

Still , this will be an interesting 2 months and see how many things dutdut can do.

I wouldn't doubt it. Just like in Bohol recently, these cunts would avoid any major confrontations with the army and will always go for the low hanging fruits.