It couldn’t be clearer: Betsy DeVos’ goal as Secretary of Education is to slash funding for public schools...

It couldn’t be clearer: Betsy DeVos’ goal as Secretary of Education is to slash funding for public schools, using voucher schemes to funnel taxpayer dollars to unaccountable private schools. Vouchers only weaken our public schools, when we know that a well-resourced public school in every neighborhood is our best bet for setting every student up for success.

Send an email to Betsy DeVos now. Tell her that vouchers harm the 90% of American students that attend public schools, and that she won’t get to destroy our public schools without a fight.

DeVos and President Trump’s overall agenda is set on privatizing and destroying the public institutions that support opportunity for American students, educators, and families. You can see their priorities in how their $10.6 billion in budget cuts impact crucial public education funding:

- $1.2 billion from after-school programs

- More than $700 million from loans for low-income students

- $27 million from arts education

- $2.1 billion that helps reduce class size and support professional development for educators

Even worse, DeVos and Trump are trying to take this public funding away from public schools in order to funnel them to unaccountable private schools. We simply can’t afford to fund two different education systems - one private and one public - on the taxpayers’ dime. Email DeVos today. Tell her to focus on investing in public schools.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PnQu8iRiVYU
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Awesome. Dept of education has been turning kids against america for a long time. Time to let parents be teachers again.

>when we know that a well-resourced public school in every neighborhood is our best bet for setting every student up for success.
United States funding for public school is the only thing in the USA that has outpaced university cost in terms of growth. What makes you think it's just a matter of even more funding so we stop seeing a continuous decrease in the quality despite ever increasing cost? Is this "we wuz kings" logic that despite countries being more black do worse, once they become fully black they'll make spaceships?

Sounds like she is doing a great job.

her goal is to stop wasting everyone's time catering to retarded and violent nigger children

Wow this all sounds good

Downvoating this shariablue thread. She's a based teacher!

Less public schools = better educated population. We need people with actual marketable skills for the economy, not bimbos who study muh climate science and muh gender studies

Good.

Public schools are a cancer on western civilization.

Bump

Yeah, but private schools are for profit, so their investors make money. Think of all that federal dough!!

tfw your kids go to private school because your household income is over $300K after taxes

And that's bad how?

>using voucher schemes to funnel taxpayer dollars to unaccountable private schools

I hope you choked on that line as you wrote it. I was in a classroom with a sadistic and tenured land whale of a woman who was in charge of G.A.T.E. for my grade at the time. She regularly bullied children, had an "idiots table" set aside for kids who were missing too many assignments, and often times those "missing" assignments would be found under a pile of OTHER "missing" assignments because her desk looked like a bomb went off on it.

She sent a kid to the ER because he was farting (later found out to be lactose intolerant) and despite knowing he was asthmatic, she pulled him in front of the whole class and sprayed him with a whole bottle of air freshener. She was laughing at him and encouraging the whole class to shame him as he went to the nurses office. This is a fifth grade class mind you.

3/4ths of the classes' parents approached her and the principle. They did nothing, and had no interest. Our parents contacted the local newspapers, and led a huge campaign. This caused her to be moved to an ESL class teaching through an interpreter, and we got a permanent substitute teacher for the rest of the year that molested some of the girls.

A private school lives and dies by it's reputation, and results. A public school simply lives on regardless. Gang shootings? NBD... Teachers getting knocked up or knocked out? NBD... Teacher's who can't pass the tests they administer? NBD... You sir, are a thoughtless and partisan individual

Wow. You're an imbecile.

public schools are prisons that also try to brainwash children into being marxists

they can all burn down for all I care

and you're a sheep.

Based Betsy. Love her.

Anything which disrupts commies is God's work.

Public schools here for the most part are shit. If you really care about your kid you either send him to a private school or homeschool him. You will find very little sympathy from me if they lose funding.

99% of americans went to public school.
99% of americans are stupid idiots.

Watch Mark Dice if you don't believe me.

>implies public schools are accountable

KYS

And she's still closer to being president than Hillary ever will be again.

And to your point: as far as I know the US spends more per student than any other country and yet we're ranked in the high teens compared to other countries for education. The money isn't the problem.

This

Public schools deserve to flounder and die.

Honestly public education is a jobs program for adults with no discernible skills but who still have some work ethic.

However, I think the system does more harm than good. Honestly I think we'd be better off just putting the teachers on welfare, sending them home and shutting the schools down. Seriously. We would be better off.

this is great.

keep up the good work betsy.

lets start closing public schools and have more charter schools compete.

Public schools need not only drastic cuts to funding but better oversite to how it is spent.
They piss much more money away here than anywhere else in the world while getting worse results, and have an insane amount of useless administration position that as do nothing posts filled by nepotism.

Can somebody explain charter schools to me and how they work?

Why are they better/worse than public schools?

What the fuck is a voucher? A coupon? Wtf?

Genuinely interested; I know nothing on the topic

Basically the free market for schools. You could have small pop up schools or larger ones depending on the parents and students needs etc. The libs block it because "muh teachers unions" and the indoctrination/babysitting it does for them. The thing is Blacks even like the idea of this system being proposed because the ones that want to learn are also being brought down by the wild animals they have to be around.

Great, fuck public education.

Here comes the classic "defend muh public school" bullcrap.
That funding is given to institutions that:
-Push ideological agendas into their students
-Are not accountable to their students
-Provide safe havens for cronies

The money given to private schools per student is not bigger than the one given to public ones. It's about giving the student a choice In the belief that the free choice of the students will create better schools, it lets EACH PERSON choose where their money goes, not the GOVT.

Student loans are a load of crap. They provide demand input in the college system not natural under a market, allowing public college cronies to increase their earnings to astronomical values. They are the ones benefiting from the loans. In the end, the student still has the debt, massively increased by interest, and is unable to settle down and buy a house because many classes are SJW bullcrap with no use in the job market.

mandatory education is both a wealth redistribution scam and a conditioning complex to kill off any free thinking/instill obedience into children and their parents

in an age of broadband internet connections it is so passe I can't even think of a simile worthy of describing it

Can you expand further without memeing about commies, libcucks, etc etc

I get that; I'm interested in more raw details why it's better and are there any downsides

youtube.com/watch?v=PnQu8iRiVYU

It's an attempt to try to inject some accountability back into the education system. If you don't like the performance at one school, the voucher system allows you to pull your kid out and send him to another school.

The current system is all tied to geography. You live in this district you must go to this school. You can pull your kid out but you must then enroll him in a private school, which is out of reach to all but the upper classes.

And the school systems know it, know most people don't have a choice, and only put forth the minimum effort to keep from getting fired. All attempts to reform this system have just led to it getting worse and worse.

I'm not optimistic about this attempt, seeing the historical track record of previous attempts.

This is the greatest troll post ever. Thank you, OP, for the reassurance that Trump knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

Like all forms of credit, it pulls future demand into the present. It's the same devil's bargain that steroids gives you. Extra strength and vitality right now in exchange for a shortened lifespan.

So at some point the credit dries up and demand crashes. Except that everyone is a nigger to some extent and nobody plans ahead for the lean times. That means a lot of uni's will be going bust over this century until a new equilibrium is reached.

Seriously, who looks at our schools and says "Good Job! take more money."?

>using voucher schemes

You mean 'fee for service' commie?

Unfortunately for you, dumb dumb, the hand that gives will forever be above the hand that takes. Betsy is right, and that's exactly why you're so butthurt about this.

Some communities do care about their schools. It isn't like there's no accountability but it's very indirect. It goes something like this: good schools -> greater demand for housing in community -> higher real estate prices -> more property tax revenues -> reinvest some of that back into keeping the schools good

But it's a very indirect system and if you get the wrong politicians in, it can go to shit and stay shitty for years if not decades.

interesting, but still pretty macro, and not really detailed. I'm not bashing the video nor the lady, because I probably agree with the issue and will agree with her even more once I fully understand the issue, but this is sort of a shill video for her cause

So what options do we have now?

Either send my kid to the designated public school district or pay (a lot) out of pocket to send them to a private school?

Where can I find these charter schools and how would one get their hands on a voucher?

What's Betsy doing in this regard? How can she help me/my kid?

Sounds great to me. Niggers have no use for education anyways.
It'd be even better if there were no vouchers for anyone.
Whoever wants their children to go to school should pay for it themselves.
Fuck brown people, if there were no niggers in the US the US would be debt free today.
It's fucking insanity what we in the West are doing.

Public schools are marxist indoctrination centers.

Fucking gas yourself OP, I hope they lose all their money.

You can't right now. Well, some states do allow charter schools and have something like a voucher system. What DeVos is proposing is taking it national, so that everybody has access to this new system, instead of it being a patchwork here and there.

There is another option if you have abundant time but not much money - homeschool. Most of the edu establishment hates homeschooling with a passion, they hate it even more than they hate the voucher system.

You sound like a bootyblasted Marxist. Anyway, the most interesting thing about Betsy DeVos is her brother, and his potential role in this regime change that's going on in USA.

Get fucked Shariablue!

Nothing in your post is a bad thing you shill faggot
Do you think you are being effective nigger?
Do you think you are winning
Do you think you will change one mind?
Faggot the longer you stay here
The more you shit post your copypasta faggotry the more we own you
With every gayass retarded post
With every lame retarded thread you nigger start
The more you become our slave
The more you lose you will and independence
The more you find yourself unable to leave
The more the truth you learn here makes you our bitch
You think we want you to leave..no we want more of you to come here to become our slaves

Personally, I'd be for a national exam, say, at 8th grade or so that verifies the kid can do the "Three R's" and leave it at that. And if the kid can't he or she gets sent to a camp where they are provided extra motivation until they do pass the test.

How you pass that exam? Up to you and your family.

vouchers are used in CITY schools normally you mongoloid. and city schools are an absolute joke.

this. the education phd's, researchers and experts can dance around the issue all they want.

Hmm

I'm in New York and I just looked at the county I'm in and surrounding counties, and there aren't many around. But there are a few, and mostly in nigger populated cities

Why would I send my kid to a charter school than a public school in this case?

The only reason Trump picked her was because her brother owns Blackwater, and that shit puts a bug in the ears of his enemies.

Private schools are actually more accountable because you can actually fire bad teachers.

You wouldn't. I did say it was an *attempt* to inject more accountability into the system.

> Vouchers only weaken our public schools

Is that even possible?

Ok. Then I have two more questions for you:

1. Since charter schools get funding from the state, we pay into that. But unlike public schools, there's no vote on its budget. So, let's just say the whole charter school business takes off, what's stopping it from being a future monster where taxes go up without consent and the charter schools have even more power than the unions currently have?

2. In the video that was posted, she says the parents receive money and use it to send their kids to public, private, charter, or homeschool. I don't understand his part at all how does this work?

1. they don't get money from the state most is private donation
2.OK 99% of school money comes from property tax, property taxes are 8400.00 a year ( which is cheap here) and I have no kids! so I pay 8400.00 a year to schools I do not use.
Now let's say I have kids and that 8400.00 I pay let us say 8300.00 is now up to MY discretion I can send them to public schools OR sent them to a private school and get a voucher for how much the private school cost that is deducted from my property tax
Right now I would have to pay for a private school ( around 5-6K a year) AND pay my property tax 8400.00 to pay for other people's nigger kids to go to public school.
Most people can not afford both so the teachers unions and public schools have a monopoly on the tax payer's money

You guys knew betsy de vos brother is the Blackwater founder?

Good, I don't want kids education to be federalized. All that department should be doing Is standardized testing and posting results.

GOTCHA

That makes sense

I am now a #BetsyMissle

>So, let's just say the whole charter school business takes off, what's stopping it from being a future monster where taxes go up without consent and the charter schools have even more power than the unions currently have?

They aren't supported by taxes, they are supported for providing a product, which is good schooling. There is talk about providing vouchers for school choice, but that's still involving a school getting a check from a parent, who then deals with the IRS for reimbursement, not the school.

The school only thrives based on it's reputation, and parents' desire to continue paying for their services. They are at the mercy of public opinion of their product. They will charge more if they can get it, which in turn allows them to offer more scholarships if needed, and there is no real chance of them rigging the whole damn game like our current system allows.

I'm American and approve this somewhat. It took a secondary education and working to become smart.

Department of Education is a giant welfare scheme for otherwise unemployable "teachers. " If you went to a public school you know what I'm talking about.

Kek came to say this
No child left behind and common core ruined public schools beyond repair

only niggers and poor go to public school
i could give a flying fuck

Some charter schools are good and some are shit. Simple enough? They are private "schools" contracted by the state. I'm fuzzy about the nature of the agreements and expectations.

>Charter school kids get chance of a real education

Public schools: Hey stop making us look bad!

Good. Public schools are just begging to become propaganda centers anyway.

Yeah you're a dumb fuck. Let me know how someone like you teaching calculus, biology and grammar to prep a kid for college works out

So you think we should just lower the bar on education so no one has a chance to rise above the level of a public school student?

Am i the only one who really wants to fuck that woman?

How much do private schools on average cost?

(Here on holiday)