In Maryland a plumber with 4 year of experience can get paid 85k with healthcare, dental, and eye insurance

>in Maryland a plumber with 4 year of experience can get paid 85k with healthcare, dental, and eye insurance
>the apprenticeship near me pays 28k a year for 4 years work
>I can literally make bank and be financially secure only working 40 hours a week
>all of my peers will be $100,000+ in debt
Give me one good reason to go to college Sup Forums, getting in all of that debt even when it doesn't guarantee me a good job seems like a shit move

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/viewjob?jk=78480a4033984e44&q=plumber $100,000&l=maryland&tk=1bgulvo0g5t1m9of&from=web
indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=Construction-Labor-Contractors&t=Journeyman Plumber&jk=f5902f727e798b15&q=plumber $100,000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it is a shit move. Trade schools will be flooded in ten years

university is a fucking scam. I laugh at anyone that says they are getting their philosophy degree at my local university and tell them the university they attend is god awful.

I remember driving down the highway and saw a billboard that said "PLEASE HIRE OUR STUDENTS"

Go to votech and if you need college, go to a community college. You learn the same shit but at half the cost.

It has its places, or at least it did historically. The problem is now too many assholes go to college to "find themselves" instead of apply themselves.

If you don't mind that kinda' work, there is no reason. In Seattle they are advertising for insulation guys on the radio. They'll train you on the job and the ads claim that their avg guy makes 50-75k annually. I have no sympathy for the poor nor for indebted students.

Why don't they talk about this shit in high school any more? Back in my folk's day high schools would actually encourage students who didn't have the academic chops for college towards trades (recommending shop classes and the stuff), but they stopped because they said it was "discriminatory".

One thing you must be careful of, is that whenever something pays alot and doesn't require college, it's going to be very competitive.

Nobody would work for mcdonalds if such jobs were easy to get.

sadly this. once wages water down due to exceeding supply, we will need immigrants to help the economy

> Can't afford college.
> Finally get a "good" full time job.
> Only 10 dollars an hour, but great benefits.
> Have to work with people making double my pay that do the same work as me that don't know shit.
> I can't move up without college.
> McDonalds wants to make 15 an hour.

>my face every day

> university is a scam
> at my university
You're fucking retarded

In ten years he could be a master plumber and spend his time bossing the new underlings around

Sounds like a plan. Go be a plumber. Go do it.

im not talking about 10 years from now, I graduate this friday and then 3 months from now i'll either be in college losing 24k a year, or in a free trade school where I can still take 2 college classes of my choosing that are paid for by the state of Maryland.

CANT ARGUE WITH TRIPS

>ads claim that their avg guy makes 50-75k annually.
so in reality probably 40-60
not something to complain about but its not miraculous

this is exactly what i was thinking, my best friend growing up, his dad was a master plumber with around 10 employees. He had a nice house, 2 garages, a tool shack, big lawn, and a boat. If immigrants are going to be flooding trade schools, I might as well be their future boss, pay the border hoppers as little as I can get away with, and make bank.

I'm happy for you dude. I was just making an observation and agreeing with you

The high college enrollment rate fucks over everyone but the loaners and colleges. I guess it also doesn't fuck over the trade union workers. It does the employers of tradesmen.

If less went to college the value of the degree would rise and price would fall

nigger can you not read? my local university. IE the town's university.

I attended votech and community college.

To be a plumber you must be able to take a stranger's fresh shit and squeeze it in your bare hands

>plumber
>85k

My fucking sides

Those union jobs are impossible to get. Every time the plumbers or cement pourers or xyz union opens the book for a 100 apprenticeships 10,000 people show up and line up for days before.

$85K in Maryland normalizes to like $65M for all of USA... still good pay but MD is expensive as fuck

funny thing is independent plumbers actually make this much. I chose welding and laughed at a friend that started an apprenticeship plumbing. I am doing a mig job for 13/hr where he is doing slab leak repairs making $25/hr on his 2nd year...

indeed.com/viewjob?jk=78480a4033984e44&q=plumber $100,000&l=maryland&tk=1bgulvo0g5t1m9of&from=web

indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=Construction-Labor-Contractors&t=Journeyman Plumber&jk=f5902f727e798b15&q=plumber $100,000

Look at these jobs near me

Pretty much this. It takes five years just to get into a solid union and I doubt unions will exist in 8 years if Trump stays on a second term

work harder faggit

Checked

Hey man

These days it's not about having everything

Its about having enough

Get two year degree on tax payer dime at a community college.

Relax for a couple years and have fun at community college until you decide what you want to do.

A two year degree in something will look better than no degree later down the road.

Network until you can find a job or someone that can teach you a trade.

That is my best advice.

I work in insurance and we pay our guys 18k a month sometimes.

I hire and contract independent adjusters for property and casualty insurance claims.

Its very lucrative work with no college needed.

If you are construction oriented, look into getting your adjusters license.

Ive seen some of our best guys make 200k a year.

Often some make about 50k in just a few months and vacation for another few months.

>Give me one good reason to go to college Sup Forums
The only reason I'm going is because college is free for me and I get paid to attend, thanks to the V.A.. Even then, I have to question just how useful my degree will be.
Otherwise, it's not worth it.

>immigrants are our strength
>if you kill your enemies they win
>fuck drumpf and fuck white people
Any others I've forgotten?

how are your sides holding up?

Ha ya turd herder.

t. Electrician master race

25 dollars an hour translates to about 50k a year

Also self employment is absolute retardation in the current year given you have to pay FICA 100% and your own insurance now that Obamacare is about tour get shot down

Kek, no, they are all retiring.

This is true and not true at the same time, it depends on what you wanna do.

If youre op and you wanna be a plumber, a bachelors degree isnt gonna do shit for that. If you wanna work on cars, do welding, or electrical stuff, votech and community college is the way to go.

For me personally, i am joining the military, and to ensure a better pay and a better life in the military, im gonna attend a 4 year university to become a officer in the army. If you wanna be a lawyer, do something in medicine, or teach, a 4 year university is the best way to go.

But he'll be established in 4.

Gasp!

Blue collar work?????

What will the neighbors think? My precious snowflake is better than that!

because big corps haven't exploited plumbers yet. they will set up a shitty training program and then a geek squad type $10/hr service will be made called shit squad. anybody can become a plumber, 85k? gtfo here. your job will probably be automated too at some point. the only good job is an automation creator, someone who can program.

going to college is a fool move these days. I'm an attorney and if I could do it again, I'd learn a trade out of high school

Still flying into orbit after those obvious scam ads

Skilled trades cap out at about 30 dollars an hour when you have insurance factored in. There's no way in fuck you're making what's advertised in those ads to chase feces through tubes

No I can't read cause I didn't go to scam school you nigger

get zapped faggit

Blue collar work is objectively subhuman

This! FUCKING THIS!!!!!!!

>Give me one good reason to go to college Sup Forums

what if you don't want to be a plumber?

I appreciated the humor buried in this post.

yup. my friend from hs is making more money than any of us that went to college. he started a plumbing company and is making 6 figures.

THESE THINGS ARE ALWAYS IN DEMAND: A/C, Electricians, plumbers, mechanics, etc.

I have a $40k bsme and i'm working in IT and not even using it

The problem with the trades are that they genuinely will ruin your body much faster than expected.

I'm in my late 20's now, I spend my time in a lab, most of my friends went into trades. Electrician/construction/welding etc.

Most of them probably make more than I do, but I have better benefits. The majority of them have some kind of physical ailment, knee/back/joint problems and subsequent pill addictions.

Not saying don't do it, I regret my STEM path, but do weigh your options. There ARE lucrative college degrees, even for the "less" intelligent types.

A business degree is easy as fuck, and you'll have a lot of options later in life.

I am a disabled veteran and lots of people are pushing me to use my GI Bill but I'd rather get into insurance.

Please email me with more information. Thanks.

insurance pays a lot but what a soul sucking job that must be. you become the cancerous middle man in a racket

Truth just paid a plumber $700 today for like 6 hours of work.

If you have any go get ness and business savy you could probably make like $250k plus if you start your own company with like 3 or 4 plumbers under you.

When you say disabled veteran, would that disability stop you from climbing a ladder?

Yeah the fact that you're gonna go blind from doing shit like welding or be driven to suicidal levels of constant pain from fucking your body up doing these joke Mexican jobs is not discussed by these idiots

You can do an office job well into your 60s if you choose. Good luck being a plumber past age 45 without being hopped up on meth

> CAN'T MOVE UP WITHOUT COLLEGE.
> WORK HARDER FAGET.
> CAN'T MOVE UP.

Wear PPE,

some trade jobs (Sewer) can get you into contact with diseases that are unknown to most hospitals. Remember, Viruses are mutagens

Don't catch them.

Automation is a forced meme, you fucking robotcuck.

Not in my line of work we actually help people get the proper amount of insurance money to rebuild their life after a disaster.

Not at all.

This sound like a good job where I can earn a lot and make a difference in people's lives.

I have a cousin that told me about his house getting burned up in a wildfire and he was brought to tears telling me about how insurance made their lives normal again.

government welfare removes the need for extended family structures.

People from shitty countries rely on family because they can't trust government.
Which ironically puts them in a much better position to succeed.

You'd rather be working at a desk than working in people's sewage.

Dont. Go to a cheap ass trade school and become a plumber or electrician or something along those lines. I made the mistake of going to college right out of high school. Due to some irl shit I had to drop out and get a full time job a year and a half into it. I owe them 10k for literally nothing at all and will be paying it off for likely another 5 years. Just a complete waste of time and money.

>think I'm shit at everything
>remember I used to be fucking good at welding in high school
>save up for some mid tier welder with my almost minimum wageslave money
>now I'm welding auto parts and trailer cages for mexicans and landscapers on my spare time and making twice as much as my actual job

Good thing I only went to college for a year, more would have been a fucking waste.

If you can't afford college you can get grants

im about to graduate with an anthropology degree and havent really thought about what I wanna do except some sorta civilian police department job to help put the nogs away

I once saw a plumber who whined that the work is degrading and makes him feel sub human and he only does it because the money is great. So take this into consideration before you choose that path.

The sad truth is that even though a degree doesn't correspond with merit anymore, you still need it just to be in the pile of resumes considered. It's just used to filter out the dumb from the dumber

automation isnt a meme, i help maintain and automate laundrys. the only thing that automation is good for is replacing beaners and poos with machines that work fast and do quality. we cant automate complex things like skilled trades due to the complexity and nuances of the jobs. but min wage shit tier jobs, fuck that noise, automation all the way baby. i just installed two pieces of equipment and replaced 59 workers last year.

To learn more about my line of work create a linkedin profile and search independent adjusters in your area.

Contact them informing them you are interested in the industry.

Look up the licensing processes in your your sate. some don't even require a license.

Look into vale training solutions and contact them regarding their property and casualty adjusting class.

Learn about a program called exactimate and sketch

This industry is all about netwroking. Good adjusters are hard to find and not many people know about this line of work.

good luck

>being 100k in debt
where the fuck are you going to college?
David Goldbergs give me muh shekels goyim devry university?

I used to be that people went to college because they were smart. But now people seem to think that to make people smart they need to go to college. It's like putting short people on a basketball team and expecting them to get taller.

>85k
>MD

good luck m8, I make 110k in IT, my wife makes 80k, only now are we living remotely comfy. Fuck this place.

Electrician here. You need knee pads and the right tools. You mention getting a business degree, I'm getting my bachelors part time while I save money work on my credit.
>Get to work with tools
>Hour lunches
>Full benefits
>Easy to pack up and move to new parts of the country
I'm 100% certain I made the right move.

San Francisco here, wtf are you on about?

I make 43 as a brand new journeyman. Take home. You can fuck right off

Fuck university, trades are the best.

I see my decision to go into IT in the same light. My company pays for my college. My skills can transition to anywhere in the country. It's essentially a trade. I am a internet plumber in reality.

I mean shit, I even have certifications that actually mean something.

>be me
>go to college
>halfway through the first semester realize it's a kike pyramid scheme
>fuckthis.gif
>go 6 months being a waste of oxygen
>realize I need to stop being a nog
>pick up electrical work through an uncle
>realize shits cash
>first year making 18.75/hr
>Now making 23/hr
>Plan to get C-10 license next year
There is literally no downside if you don't mind the work. College was a huge scam
>

That's a great way to finance it, good job.

Unfortunately some majors you literally can't do that and succeed. There's no way to work more than 15 hours a week AND consistently get the grades required for like med school or professional programs.

Curves are brutal as fuck.

some of the best inventors ever were essentially electricians

Thanks. Would you please email me (pic related) in case I have some more questions once this thread is archived?

You have to touch turds.

>Once supply is too high we will need to increase it

dude it costs like 10,000 a year for 4 years of undergrad and than 25,000 a year for years to get your masters.

My story:
>be me white male at age 18
>went to college
>scholarships
>got bachelors in social work
>went to graduate school
>scholarships
>got masters in social work
>24 years old licensed by my state to practice clinical social work
>$21,000 debt from tuition not covered by scholarships
>get first job at age 24 working with children who are victims of abuse and neglect
>get paid $42,000/year + benefits
>pay off student debt in 18 months
>i am now age 26, with $15,000 in the bank, $7500 in a roth ira, my own house, my own car, a fiancee, and able to take my mom, who has been poor her whole life even raising me and my sister, to disney land and orlando studios and have her tell me how proud she is of me
>college was not a scam
>college was my ticket out of poverty

Thats really nice user

Keep it up!