Betsy Devos Says Discrimination Against LGBT Students Is OK Because, School Choice

thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/watch_betsy_devos_says_anti_lgbt_discrimination_by_schools_is_just_another_example_of_parental_choice

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/lknEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not discrimination if they're degenerates

Good, enough with the tolerance of that degeneracy those people should be put on Mental clinics.

It's discrimination to think they are degenerates.

Jesus christ how can you be so dumb what are you a fag or something

She is correct in saying gays are not federally protected (I mean she didn't say that but that seemed to be where she was coming from) but its still fucked up of her to not say that she hopes people wouldn't even if they can.

School choice just funnels public money into Catholic schools and would never hold up in courts as federal policy as such.

Did she say that, or is this liberal cherry picking interpretations designed to distort facts to further an agenda? I have the feeling that the headline isn't a direct quote

Makes since, don't want to be discriminated against? Easy, don't go to a school that discriminates.

1. States should have the flexibility to decide whether private schools that accept students with publicly funded vouchers can discriminate any students for any reason

Rep. Katherine M. Clark (D-Mass.) said that one private school in Indiana that is a voucher school says it may deny admission to students who are LGBT or who come from a family where there is “homosexual or bisexual activity.” She asked DeVos whether she would tell the state of Indiana that it could not discriminate in that way if it were to accept federal funding through a new school choice program. Clark further asked what DeVos would say if a voucher school were not accepting African American students and the state “said it was okay.”

To Clark’s question about whether she would step in, DeVos responded: “Well again, the Office of Civil Rights and our Title IX protections are broadly applicable across the board, but when it comes to parents making choices on behalf of their students …”

Clark interrupted and said, “This isn’t about parents making choices, this is about the use of federal dollars. Is there any situation? Would you say to Indiana, that school cannot discriminate against LGBT students if you want to receive federal dollars? Or would you say the state has the flexibility?”

DeVos said: “I believe states should continue to have flexibility in putting together programs …”

Clark interrupted, saying: “So if I understand your testimony — I want to make sure I get this right. There is no situation of discrimination or exclusion that if a state approved it for its voucher program that you would step in and say that’s not how we are going to use our federal dollars?”

DeVos said she didn’t want to answer a hypothetical question. Clark said it wasn’t hypothetical, and asked if she saw any circumstance that the federal government would tell a state that it could not allow a private voucher school to discriminate against students.

At that point time expired, but DeVos was allowed to respond.

DeVos: “I go back to the bottom line — is we believe parents are the best equipped to make choices for their children’s schooling and education decisions, and too many children are trapped in schools that don’t work for them. We have to do something different. We have to do something different than continuing a top-down, one-size-fits-all approach. And that is the focus. And states and local communities are best equipped to make these decisions.”

Clark: “I am shocked that you cannot come up with one example of discrimination that you would stand up for students.”

The chairman of the subcommittee said she wasn’t required to answer. She didn’t and the discussion moved on.

From WaPo:

archive.is/lknEQ

Who cares about gays

Gays and some women

good, faggots deserve to get fucked desu

If there's a problem then OCR will enforce Title 9. Until then, big nothing burger

I was sure that last frame was shopped...but then.

good

Why don't we require minors to not use schools as a platform for promoting sexuality? Inside the school, sexual preference should be irrelevant because it should be totally unknown. Outside of the school, it's none of the school's fucking business. Go to school, pay attention, do the required work, graduate, become an adult, and then you can attention whore for a living if you wish. While you're still a minor, school isn't the place for your provocations.

Sorry not familiar with the law. Title 9 of what? Does that cover gays?

Fuck off op she said she would let state decide
Feds get out of schools

This all is a front so rich parents get free government gibs for sending their kids to Christian schools. You know that right?

pretty hot in the last frame desu

This. They want their kids to go to Christian academies but don't want to pay for it. Can't wait for the Muslim charter schools to pop up. That should go over well.

I like that Islam is like now a side effect of whatever pro-Christian policies fundies wanna put in place.

I hate when they beat around the bush like this. The pendulum is taking too long to shift. I don't understand why we aren't at this point already:
>DeVos: "Kill every single fucking faggot on the face of the earth."