Why aren't millennials taking vacations?

you need to have a job to take a vacation

Youd have to rack up more debt to do that.

Because they are too busy not buying housings, not paying off their student loan denbts, and not getting high paid jobs.

I'm 31. Can't afford it

But by all means. Tax me more so spooks can get their hair did

Avocado toast.

trips are much more difficult to justify when they cost half your net worth

Who would they take a vacation with?

>a flip phone

wtf, how old is that?

I don't see the point in travelling. Museums and places don't interest me. I appreciate normal architecture and nature though. For example I just don't get people who travel all the way to New Zealand just to see a few cities, Hobbit town and stroll in bad weather. Just my opinion thanks for reading.

brassic innit

I went to texas three weeks ago. Got to camp at Galveston, ate Texas bbq, and went to my friend wedding.

Thanks for posting

Well for me, I live on the beach in Florida, and have an annual pass to Disney World. Why would I go anyway else for vacation? I just take time off work and hang out.

We can't fucking afford it. When we graduate, we're either working slave wages or slave hours. You need time and money to have a vacation.

I take 3 a year and don't make that much money. I just save enough and take time off. Going to Hawaii next month and West Virginia in October

I graduated college a year and a half ago and I get 5 weeks a year

Millennials are 18-24. There is no grounding for a vacation at that age for multiple reasons - financially they aren't capable, and at that age it isn't even common to have a job which allows vacations, paid or unpaid

I'm 28, I thought I was a millenial.

You are. He's thinking Gen Z

Dude, I can barely take care of myself, living in a shitty 3 room apartment. I ain't got the money to do shit like that, m8.

You're both wrong.

Vacations reminds me that those who even get to afford them are reminders of the decadence in undeserved privilege, I'm not participating in common empty materialism of what seems foreign, and the egotistical attraction to gawk at other cultures and locales like a majority of vacation takers engage upon, filthy urchins

I instead will work hard and never take vacations like they do. Perhaps one day I will save up for some sort of aircraft if I truly feel the need to explore.

What a fucking picture. I guess we should stop going to tourist destinations so their economy implodes and theyre ALL forced to live in squalor. Because being poor and starving to death is better than getting an income from tourists.

/thread

I can't even afford a car

Every day is a vacation when you are a millennial.

>travel to Barcelona in 2013
>nice place, had a good time
>start looking in other places in Euroworld to travel
>muslim invasion happens

You know, maybe I'll visit Japan or just go up north during the summer.

There's not much of a point to vacations in the modern age, to be honest.

I talk to people from faraway countries every day right here on Sup Forums. Interesting foreign art and architecture, is only a google search away. If I want to eat ethnic foods, I can download a recipe and cook it myself, or just go to a nearby restaurant run by immigrants. Plus, air travel is worse than ever, basically a cross between riding a city bus and going to prison.

I'd rather keep the money and spend it improving my home so I don't feel such a need to get away from it.

Can't even afford cars and houses. Vacations? LOL

Zepplin

I took a vacation and spent it all basically driving huge distances and hanging out at other people's houses.

It was fucking totally pointless, but I have a wife and a baby and that's the funnest thing I can practically do.

I fucking hate her family. Her mom's house is totally, utterly, absolutely silent. You can hear a fucking plank squeak from settling across the house, a plane 2000 miiles away. All you can hear is atoms bouncing against your ear drums and your own heartbeat. Horrible, suffocating, the sound of your pillow or sheet against your skin sounds like a 60 decibel power grinder Your wristwatch sounds like a fucking bomb going off every second. Somehow these fucking people can fall asleep and live there. It's absolutely terrifying.

Fuck vacation dude, put me back to work.

But I've been on a government paid vacation since I was 19?

t. 26 year old NEET

that was fucking great!

Here`s why

They took all, left nothing for us and DON'T FUCKING QUIT THEIR JOBS!

>25
>traveled literally 1000's of kilometers throughout Canada
>the only place I've been besides Canada is Michigan

Who /untraveled loser/ here?

>be me
>24 y/o Britbong with concrete jawline
>visit states by myself every single year since I was 17
>kind of an America weeb at that age
>find wholesome traditional Murcan grill over there
>fall for the long distance meme
>hate long distance relationships, but still like grill
>continue to visit her
>fast forward a couple of years
>planning on marrying her and starting family

I will feel bad for leaving the UK in a time of crisis, but it is too late.
So as for myself, a vaction has turned into something much better

Since Obama made actually employing people more expensive, a lot of companies are instead contracting out positions to individuals as independent contractors. With that sort of structure you don't get any "benefits" with your job like vacations, as strictly speaking you are self-employed.

It's a huge benefit for the company, as it drastically reduces the cost of labor and makes it much easier and cheaper to fire and hire people. It's not so great for the contractor, as they don't get any benefits or protections, and they can have their contract terminated pretty much at will. However, if that's the only way you can get a company to pay you for your work, you have to take it. Lots of tech guys in this boat.

I work in a warehouse

I'm not old enough to have my own house, or a vacation, but I really like how you think

>i gEt FivE wEeKS a yEAr

Do NEETs ever take vacations where they go to work?

What? 1995 is millennial

Anyone born after the release of the PS1-N64 is a millenial

Stuff that never happened.

I thought it was anyone born to see both the 20th and 21st century. 2000s babies are Gen Z

post pics of jawline

But like 1990 and up

The popular consensus is anyone born from 1996
and makes sense

lol, it's not all rainbows and sunshine, but I can assure you my arabic friend, my other post is 100% truth. What kind of sad twat would lie about having a long distance relationship anyway? Especially on a Vietnamese underwater snail racing forum.

1982-1999 = millenial

2000- current = gen z

those born after 1986 are worthless millenials(generally speaking)

there is still hope for newer gen z.

Here's a decent one, if you mind the scruffy hair.

Being born in 1982 and then getting lumped into millennial group fucking blows. Those kids are a bunch of feminized faggo's with their skinny jeans and shitty lispy accents.

Bitch ass queers, the lot of them! I just keep daydreaming that they will find a different category for us early 80's folks cause we really don't have that much in common with them at all.

Shave.

I normally do, but I had been on the road for ages there lad.

>why are millennials so lazy
>why aren't millennials taking vacations
>why are millennials so poor
>why aren't millennials paying for TV, diamonds, other jew shit
Fuck off, kikes

On the road? What do you mean?
Are you a Kerouac fan?

If you had only gotten trips user...
So close yet so far..

>he fell for the iJew meme
good goy

I never understood this hip american meme of getting butthurt over older people with literal decades of experience occupying better jobs. Like, what the fuck did you expect? Do you genuinely think that THEY got everything handed to them and just stayed on the same vertical for all those years?

I went from the East coast of the US, down to Florida and then up through the midwest up to Michigan. Pretty much most of the places nobody would normally go to but It was fucking brilliant. I love America, and I wanted to see as much as possible. Also you know if you can go on a huge road trip with a girl and still not want to strangle her at the end of it, then you've got a winner, lol.

Also, I've never heard of this guy before, but he looks pretty interesting. I can somewhat relate to some of his works.

>I went from the East coast of the US, down to Florida and then up through the midwest up to Michigan. Pretty much most of the places nobody would normally go to but It was fucking brilliant. I love America, and I wanted to see as much as possible. Also you know if you can go on a huge road trip with a girl and still not want to strangle her at the end of it, then you've got a winner, lol.
That sounds really nice. Is the girl an American? How did you pay for it?
>Also, I've never heard of this guy before, but he looks pretty interesting. I can somewhat relate to some of his works.
I'm not a big fan of beatniks. But I always heard the book was good. Never read it.

Sorry frenchman, the whole world isnt interesting enough?

The girl is American yeah. To be honest, meeting her was brilliant because I had some pre-existing stereotypes at the time, and she shattered them all. She's insanely smart and quite traditional, and very conservative with money. In truth I've never met another girl like her. It just sucks that she's so far away from me atm, but we do plan on making it legit.
I pay for my travels to the US by getting a job and sticking at it for a few months and then abandoning it. I don 't fall for the eternal employment Jew. Makes no sense to me when you can use a job to see the world, or use it to perpetuate your dependence on the aforementioned job. Right now I'm working at asda, which is the UK's branch of WALMART, and I'm planning on flying back out there in a month or two. It's fucking lovely out there, user. I love the fact that it's not racist to be patriotic, and people there are very polite. It only gets 100x better when you're a British guy, too.

God I can't fucking wait to live over there and be a law abiding immigrant. Something about pro-Trump immigrants in the US cause a special type of butthurt to libtards. They seem to think anybody should be able to just walk in but I disagree. I think you should have to earn it.

They do

They just go into $50,000 in debt to do so

Why take vacations in the first place ?
You don't like your normal life ?
You want excitement ?
You don't like a quiet, cozy, routine life ?
Is that why you keep voting to open the borders, because you want to be excited ?

Maybe we should establish death squads to give you lot lot of excitement.

>talking with a boomer
>telling her I can't find a job after dropping out and my parents want me to move out
>You need a vacation!

So their entire life is one long vacation?

too busy ferrying boomers around in their rickshaws?

Truly autistic comment, thank you for it

All the women my age take vacations even if they can't afford it. Its my guy friends that don't go on vacation.

I hope you two are very happy together.

Why not?

I get vacation days at my job and i just use them to take a day off here and there to play some video game. Looking to get two days off for ffxiv stormblood.

Go walk down your local mall. You will understand everything and while there don't forget to use the massage chair.

It's okay, you can seat with us, the end tail of Gen Xers. No one seem to care about us anyway. It's all about the Millenials and Boomers these days.

Millenials are in their early 20s to mid 30s

VACATIONS ARE A FANTASY FOR WOMEN. SERIOUSLY.

I was born in 84 and I fukkin hate these kwears. I noticed that something really changed with those just younger than me.

>dont walk around and eat at home
>walk around and eat somewhere else

The point, I need.

You will be welcomed and shitlibs will taste salty tears. Its another clash of liberal pieties. I mean shit, they can't take issue with a foreigner. Kek

Why take a vacation when you have Sup Forums?

I have a brother born in 79 so I guess that explains my perspective. I relate to u guys more and I know people my age who do too.

Must be an American/British thing, literally every single person born 1982 - 88 here that I personally know, don't dress like that. Not even the women.

What the fuck kind of vacation costs $50,000

They are, backpacking has taken off massively.

>appreciates nature
>doesn't see the point in traveling
Thanks for reminding me why I hate the french

I've been out of school and have had a good job for 3.5 years now. I haven't gone on a vacation because I have no gf, and most of my friends that I would enjoy traveling with don't get vacation time so I have no one to go with. I have been thinking of going to Eastern Europe or Asia alone, but I'm so bad at socializing with strangers that I doubt I would have any fun.

Saving for early retirement.

NEET here, where is our life going? I'm a programmer but I am self-taught.

Jordan?

Do you have autism?

It's like a vacation where you're constantly dodging getting jewed into wageslaving

Of all the things I need to budget for, vacations are pretty fuckin' low on the list.

imagine actually being able to afford a cross country road trip??? all those stories about people road tripping in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, make me yearn for the open road. $3 a gallon gas prices make that near fucking impossible, unless you own a brand new Prius good luck road tripping with a lease.

>move to a small village in the middle of nowhere
>can appreciate nature every day just by living
>no need to travel at all

You're called to a higher destiny, user. While previous generations frittered away the spoils given to them, you have been chosen to be among those who shoulder the burden to push the US toward greatness. The time may come where future generations look back on the sinewy, tough people who came out of the 2016-2036 crisis and marvel.

So, roll up your sleeves, user. We got some work to do.

i like you, i hope you have a happy life

4 years of gender studies.