Give your best predictions for what life will be like wrt economics, geopolitics, demographics, technology, culture...

Give your best predictions for what life will be like wrt economics, geopolitics, demographics, technology, culture, environment, education and anything else you can think of.

Economics: Less like Star Trek and more like Elysium, with more piecemeal and temporary employment, making it much more difficult to build up wealth, and start a family. High paying jobs will be limited to those with a specialized skill set or high amount of experience, requiring greater amounts of training than today, and making it very difficult for anyone but the cognitive elite to excel. While plumbing and manual labor is unlikely to get more complicated, I expect blue collar work will integrate more and more technology. Automation and artificial intelligence will continue to do more and more work, giving companies an enormous incentive to gut their workforce and purchase robots instead. With such complex systems, security and cyber security will become increasingly important, and will be one of the few growth industries besides healthcare.

Geopolitics: After Resolution 2334 and others condemning Israel, expect more and more persons to call for a new international governing body to replace the UN, which will require certain values to be enshrined in law in order to gain membership, putting pressure on member states to stamp out wrong think and political incorrectness amongst their population, creating a complementary set of countries which are excluded from this new, progressive world order such as Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Hungary, and Poland. Within this covenant of democratic nations, expect more free trade deals, greater amounts of migration, and a conscious attempt to minimize national and ethnic identities- instead pushing the notion of being a global citizen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZvWWqWbLAPQ
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bluepill General.

Demographics: An aging population of boomers and a bunch of Millennials not having kids is going to mean that every democratic country is going to get a whole lot more brown and Asian. Those that attempt to maintain a distinct ethnic and national identity will be pushed to the edges of society, with continual efforts to blend and integrate peoples of different backgrounds. Reactionary ethnicists, political radicals and hardline religionists will be a major obstacle to integration, and I think it is likely that we will see an attempt to push the idea that all religions are variations on a similar theme, that all religions support the same values, and that any differences are minor, and not worth getting worked up about. Reactionary ethnicists and political radicals will be pushed to the edges of society, creating a disenfranchised, hardcore group of outcasts who represent an ever-present existential threat justifying increased surveillance, and restrictions on civil liberties.

Technology: Faster, cheaper, and more powerful computers will make computing power ubiquitous, and major innovations will occur in the realms of automation, smart wearables, the internet of things, drones, life-extension technology and artificial intelligence. Implantable RFID chips will allow users to link a credit card to their personal chip, enabling them to pay for things using NFC technology, as well as functioning as security clearance. Expect apartments and businesses to require these RFID chips in order to sign-in and sign-out, much in the same way that fobs and personal ID cards function now.

Culture: The culture wars will continue, with a liberal/progressive consensus continuing to normalize now-taboo sexual relationships, age of consent will be lowered to 12-14 in democratic countries, and the erotic will become commonplace, fueling a demand for ever more exotic sexual experiences. In literature and the arts, metamodernist sensibilities will inform creative types; idealist and utopian sentiments grounded by uncompromising pragmatism, while wrongthinkers will be pushed to the margins of society alongside the other malcontents. Cultural sensibilities will be stretched to their limits by continual fascinations on exceptions (see the mainstream’s enthusiasm for transgenderism for a model of this), and legislation will be pressured to ensure that nobody is left out, no matter how bizarre, eccentric, or non-traditional their lifestyle. Drugs and themes of escapism will become increasingly mainstream, with a heavy push to decriminalize harder drugs and provide intervention programs funded by taxpayers. The gap between the rich and poor will continue to grow, but class-based resentment will be suppressed by the rich voluntarily providing for the basic needs of the poor through programs like UBI. As a result, more and more of the world will be able to meet their basic needs such as food and clean water, but many luxuries will be totally unattainable for the rest of the world. Information will be heavily censored in order to maintain system-wide stability, possibly causing the emergence of new information channels as has already happened with Tor. Anonymity will be highly, highly valuable, and a sophisticated network of online and real-world interaction both licit and illicit will be facilitated via these channels.

Science fiction's not a documentary, bro.

Environment: Due to the challenges posed by exploding birth rates in Africa, first world countries will push sustainability agendas to their limit in order to create scalable technology that will be capable of meeting the needs of the world’s 9 billion people, as our current technology is far too reliant on exotic and rare metals. Heavy investment in agriculture, aquaponics and water purification will attempt to meet the world’s need for food and water, while green technology such as solar, hydrogen fuel cells, geothermal and advancements in battery technology will attempt to meet our exponentially growing energy demands, but natural gas and coal will still be in wide-spread usage, especially in the third world.

Education: Education will continue to be informed by politically correct, global perspectives, and the Prussian education system is unlikely to see any major changes soon. The school system will attempt to simultaneously instill thinking out of the box, while also conforming to liberal morality and global perspectives. Expect heavy emphasis on the dangers of reactionary ideas, the benefits of the new world order, and increased training in technology and computer languages. At the same time, the hyper-connectedness of the world will pose a continual threat against these sensibilities, as shorter attention spans become increasingly susceptible to viral marketing and memes.

Self Driving Cars could never be made a reality.

Please stop. You're embarrassing everyone with your presence. You are doing nothing but parroting stories for children.

/tg/ is over there.

fpbp

Post your predictions then, memelord

>Life in 2050

>Give your best predictions for what life will be like

PIC RELATED.

All life on earth will die because we didn't accept Jesus into our hearts and murder all the Muslims and communists before it's too late. youtube.com/watch?v=ZvWWqWbLAPQ

Talked about this in multiple threads:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

New KB thread with important info:

Everyone continues to pretend that someone will fix everything.

Oil prices get higher and higher as extraction is pushed into more and more expensive areas and methods as the easy ones run dry

Mass famines ensue, we depend entirely on oil and natgas for our nitrate supply.

Nuclear war follows, because who wants to see their people starve.

Whoever is left lives the agrarian lifestyle for the remainder of the species's existence because there is no renewable industrial fuel other than Wood.

The End.

So basically peak oil + ? I was under the impression that fracking and deep water oil reserves had bought us enough time to try to make nuclear or solar a thing. Shit, I can't believe i forgot to talk about nuclear.

Renewables are the future

How? Battery technology is a long way away from being able to store the kind of energy we need, and renewables are intermittent and unsteady- for industrial and commercial projects, we need reliable energy sources like natural gas or nuclear fission/fusion.

Nope. It would take a century or more to build enough nuclear plants to even supplant what oil gives us. So far Nuclear has outpaced every cost projection ever given for construction and operation. It went from being "Too cheap to meter" in the 50's to "too expensive to consider" now.

The only thing that happened was we learned more about nuclear power and all of that pie in the sky of the 50's was based on well-wishing and ignorance. Thorium is in an even worse state because we don't have any good designs or working examples.

Fracking gave us a temporary bump, but we got all the easy to frack stuff. Deep water drilling is so goddamned expensive that oil has to be well above 30 dollars a barrel to break even.

Here's a Redpill for you: Global Warming is slowly making the vast amounts of arctic oil viable. If don't heat up the planet and melt that ice, we'll have less time to magic up some way to prevent all this. There's maybe 50 years (at absolute best) of oil there.

All of Western civilization will collapse and erupt into race wars as Whites put up their final struggle against the enemies of the world. Leftist Whites who for decades aided the enemy and pushed propaganda will be swiftly crushed first, and then chem/bio weapons will be used in mass on all towns/cities lacking a White presence.
European civilization will be victorious and will stand on the skulls of its enemies.

>Battery technology is a long way away from being able to store the kind of energy we need

Yep. Gasoline is still 13,000 times more energy dense than the best lithium batteries.

But nuclear fission isn't an option. Nuclear Fusion is just a waste of time. It cannot breakeven on operating costs by selling its electricity at 5 dollars a kilowatt hour, and those things are irreducibly complex.

Neat, I was unaware of the cost constraints. So what are you suggesting, solar power? I know that there is a ton of research being done to try to make it efficient and affordable enough to become ubiquitous, but I was under the impression that it is too unreliable for us to seriously consider replacing natural gas.

>Neat, I was unaware of the cost constraints. So what are you suggesting, solar power? I know that there is a ton of research being done to try to make it efficient and affordable enough to become ubiquitous, but I was under the impression that it is too unreliable for us to seriously consider replacing natural gas.

I don't think you understand. This is the ultimate red pill. we have painted ourselves into a corner and there is no solution.

Well if you're going to make this a true redpill, you're going to have to drop some irrefutable sources on me. As it stands, why are you so pessimistic about possible improvements in nuclear or solar?

Highly unlikely, if muslins become the predominant religion or at least the strongest group, it is more likely all society become more conservative, Sharia being implemented and soon everyone starts paying the jizya tax

If leftist win, well, in the next fall of capitalism the economy would be fucked to recover itself, with full poverty going on rampage, and queer faggots becoming man again and turning back to religion again.
or system will change or maybe they can recover...

In both ways mass starvation is about to happen, the starvation will happen unless we advance in the field of robotics a lot until the next generation.

The population of old people is still increasing, people will have to retire latter.

The future is not so bright if we don´t advance quickly in certain fields, we are in the golden age of humanity without a doubt

In relation to sexuality, well perhaps... we can tell this for sure, most people are just accepting because whatever, nobody outside college(of certain courses) really looking to follow the new gender shit

>you're going to have to drop some irrefutable sources on me
I'd suggest a thermodynamics textbook or better yet a proper engineering class.

>As it stands, why are you so pessimistic about possible improvements in nuclear or solar?
Energy conversion is fundamentally limited and must always suck. A car's engine only uses 30% of the energy contained in the gasoline. Don't think we haven't tried to get it higher, we cannot.

Muslims are only accelerating my timetables. 30 years at best before the world starts to come undone and everywhere looks like Venezuela does now.

sorry i left bits out.

Solar is limited by energy conversion to about 30% efficiency for practical materials. Nuclear is in the same boat as internal combustion engines because nuclear is just a steam engine and Heat Engines all fall under the same basic principles of "You're not getting shit, buddy"

fusion energy

Ah, yes, that does seem like a problem. So what are you suggesting then? We spend the next 50 years drilling oil wherever we can, and making the best of things with clean coal, and then it all goes dark? I suppose we can start invading countries again if we need to

Also, what about garbage incinerators?

Fission is too expensive and its hot on its own.

>So what are you suggesting then? We spend the next 50 years drilling oil wherever we can, and making the best of things with clean coal, and then it all goes dark?
If we weren't bound by our evolved sense of morality we could force everyone to use less energy and we might survive. But that's not a practical solution due to a lot of things, mostly people will just shit it up like every other marxist system.

>I suppose we can start invading countries again if we need to
Yeah i put nuclear war in my timeline because of that.

What about them?

well as long as no catastrophes strike the earth in a few hundred thousand years more oil should form. im not sure about coal and metals though

The carboniferous period, where most of the fossil fuels were laid down, was more than 60 million years ago.

When oil runs out or becomes too expensive, that's the end of space travel. Titan is full of the stuff, but it would be a net energy loss to retrieve it.

The ultra rich will use their goyim to build a giant space ship. They will tell us that it is big enough for all of us, but one day it takes off and leaves us all here alone...

Turns out they secretly look everything and everyone worth taking. Earths society falls apart and we revert back to savages.

A meteor hits us a couple generations after the ship leaves. We all die.

Well, I'm just trying to brainstorm and see if there are any other sources of energy generation that we haven't considered. (It seems that environmentalists in the states get really butthurt about generating electricity from garbage because they're afraid people won't recycle as much, but Scandinavian countries have been doing it just fine.) What about huge scale solar farms in the Sahara? Oil from algae? Some kind of breakthrough that makes it cheaper to do nuclear fission/fusion? High altitude wind turbines? Geothermal? Tidal? It seems a shame to just give up now

And what about improvements in efficiency? Surely we can squeeze out some improvements so that we can stretch out our current energy sources. (Though even being generous and assuming we can stretch that 50 years of natural gas to 100 years, that does nothing but kick the can down the road)

>Well, I'm just trying to brainstorm and see if there are any other sources of energy generation that we haven't considered.
There isn't.
The last one we found was photovoltaics but it's fuzzy if that's even an energy "source" due to the high embedded energy of the things.

>(It seems that environmentalists in the states get really butthurt about generating electricity from garbage because they're afraid people won't recycle as much, but Scandinavian countries have been doing it just fine.)
It'll fuck the environment up good though, and nobody will want to live downwind.

>What about huge scale solar farms in the Sahara?
You incur severe losses transforming the energy at the source and at the destination but you incur the biggest losses during transmission, because as the electricity moves through the wires it loses energy to them by heating them up. The greater the distance the greater the losses until it's a net loss. It'd only benefit the dune coons living nearby.

>Some kind of breakthrough that makes it cheaper to do nuclear fission/fusion?
That we can do fusion at all on the scale of a reactor is a miracle considering the universe's best attempts take a whole star.

Nuclear power uses the same technology as a steam locomotive. We've been stuck on that one forever now and we likely always will.

>High altitude wind turbines?
There's only so much energy they can pull out of the weather systems they fuck over the jet stream, not to mention the construction and maintenance would eat most of the energy profits.

>Oil from algae?
At a rate greater than 19.63 million barrels per day? That's just what the USA uses.

>Geothermal? Tidal?
Same issues with transmission as solar.

>It seems a shame to just give up now
Everything dies. Galaxies, Stars, Species, Civilizations, creatures.

We had a good run. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if there never was any oil, we might have lasted a lot longer.

>And what about improvements in efficiency?
We've already hit the limit. For heat engines especially, we hit the limit decades ago.

the entire world turns into brazil with more religious tension and autoturrets

Not necessarily. Canada and Australia both have enough Uranium to power the earth for centuries. And both are amenable to the world's major powers. Invasion isn't needed. Only investment in extraction and production and good trade deals. Most of the extraction infrastructure is already there. It just needs to be reactivated and modernized.

Assuming that pic related is accurate, we've got ~50 years to massively increase our percentage of energy generated from renewables and nuclear. Fuuuuuug.

>Canada and Australia both have enough Uranium to power the earth for centuries

Citation needed.

while keeping up with growth, while not stymieing the rest of the economy with the costs of that added infrastructure and construction.

Democracies move too slowly, and too intermittently.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture

>(((minds)))

everyone is dead because man made the mistake of basing world peace on nuclear weapons not being used by violent creatures

Interesting, I may have to read these books.
Nuclear weapons are one of the things that has forced me to consider that we may have to pursue some kind of one world government, if only to prevent ourselves from MAD

>Interesting, I may have to read these books.
They're mostly notable for how masturbatory the technology is. The stories are pretty forgettable.

Read this for an interesting story that just uses fancy tech as a vehicle, and not the reason for being.

>Nuclear weapons are one of the things that has forced me to consider that we may have to pursue some kind of one world government, if only to prevent ourselves from MAD

MAD is the only reason the bigboys play nice. Nobody is ever going to globalize.

Gotcha. So what's the take home? We've got 50 years before we really feel the energy crisis, maybe 60 years if we're careful?

Kill all whites

Look mommy, I'm the progressive now
Just let me in

30 years. maybe 50 if the ice caps melt enough to make arctic extraction a net energy gain AND we reduce energy use.

But the muslims could accelerate that at any time, as could a war before the ones that resource shortages will cause.

In 2015, the average annual electricity consumption for a U.S. residential utility customer was 10,812 kilowatthours (kWh). If we reduced that by 90% to 1000 kwh or so, and made it so that was the global energy per capita limit, we could survive on nuclear and other renewable sources.

But we would not be able to maintain seven billion humans without oil. We would also need to reduce to fewer than one billion people.

So, get everyone to go back to the stone age in terms of yearly energy use, and get everyone to say goodbye to 90% of their populations, within the time frames above, and we can make it.

Maybe the loss of antibiotics will do it. It's going to be unpleasant either way.

More like "Brave New World". You Canacucks and Anglo countries should know it better than anyone else.

Using "human rights" as excuse to legalize drug abusing(smoke weed?), encourage carnalism, promiscuity, queer marriage, transsexualism, "fluid genders", twisting humanity with all kinds of degeneration and perversion, abuse feminism, genome editing, wage wars and destroy people's home and causing massive refugees, rewrite history with political correction...etc, even "toilets" can be political issues. And finally pretending all of these shits are "progressive" and forcing everyone to embrace them. Now my little island is fucked up just like you.

Taiwan No.1

All I see in the future is endless war. One of these wars is likely a US Civil War due to the sheer polarisation of both sides of the political isle. Hell I call Berkley the modern Bleeding Kansas.

Ass cancer rates will skyrocket

this isn't Bleeding Kansas right now it's more like the precursor to it (assuming it happens at all)
as far as the future goes 3 possibilities
1 Children of Men
2 Cyberpunk Dystopia
3 WWIII and MAD
1 and 3 would be followed by Mad Max post apocalypse