Why are a majority Christians in the US young earth creationists?

gallup.com/poll/155003/hold-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx

46% of Americans hold creationist views. As Christians are 75-80% of Americans the subset of American Christians that hold creationist views is around 60~%. (The question was worded: “Do you believe that all life on Earth appeared in its present form some time within the last 10,000 years?”)

The wording here is crucial because it specifies a young earth. Other polls are more vague and ask only whether they believe evolution takes place, which lumps a lot of different views like theistic evolution, old earth creationism, etc. under "yes" or "no".

This one leaves no doubt that specifically, it's the most fundamentalist form of creationism that is favored by a majority of US Christians.

>”But that’s just Protestants and Baptists, haha they are so dumb, good thing Catholicism is perfect”

pewforum.org/Science-and-Bioethics/Religious-Differences-on-the-Question-of-Evolution.aspx

Catholicism: 35% creationists. Better than Protestants but that's still a surprisingly large chunk. "But they are not supposed to because the Pope said" yada yada, yes I know, but they reject evolution anyway. Probably because it does not actually square with the Bible and the decision to stop fighting it was strategic.

YEC also has a steadily growing presence overseas:

theguardian.com/science/2009/feb/01/evolution-darwin-survey-creationism
spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/contesting-evolution-european-creationists-take-on-darwin-a-609712.html
blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2008/12/23/creationists-infect-europe/#.U746q_ldUZw

Also unless we are to believe that third world Christians in Africa and the Middle East accept evolution, this means a majority of Christians worldwide are creationists. What to make of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vw-6ToEcirE
sanderson1611.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-art-contest.html
youtu.be/TX31d-tPr6M
bbc.com/earth/story/20150512-bird-grows-face-of-dinosaur
gallup.com/poll/210956/belief-creationist-view-humans-new-low.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=vw-6ToEcirE

Its fucking obvious and if you took the """"""blue"""""" pill you would have known about these shit bag dominionists from forever ago. But instead pol blindly supported chic fil a and often posts shit from the family research council who want to get that vile claptrap taught in science classrooms.

It's no wonder pol is so racist, they either believe in social Darwinism or they don't believe in evolution at all.

This + the anti LGBT movement, and global warming denialism literally feeds liberals to the jews and other people in power.

good

>plants before sun

are they even trying?

he created light first. God don't follow no rules

sanderson1611.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-art-contest.html
old but gold

youtu.be/TX31d-tPr6M

I agree with most of that, but while AGW is not a scam, cap and trade is. Wealth redistribution is not the only possible solution to warming nor is it the best, the left has simply latched onto a real phenomenon as justification for what they wanted to do anyway.

This way their opponents assume the scientific basis of it is where the scam is hiding and make asses of themselves attacking that, instead of cap and trade.

Also birds before land animals somehow despite birds evolving from dinosaurs

The dinosaur genes are still in the bird genome, just switched off. They can be switched back on, and this happens:

bbc.com/earth/story/20150512-bird-grows-face-of-dinosaur

Hate to break it to you KUCK but science claims everything was created from a explosion which is exactly opposite of what Albert Einstein said when he stated M=mc2 . A Jew KEKED every scientist and this goes along with god making everything in 6 days . 6 long days !!!

The concept of existence without an authority is terrifying to those of small mind.
That being said, the existence of a higher power is logical.

Anyone who actually dwells on this is wasting their time.
If you have time to ponder creation, you have time to create your own world that you are the boss of.

>but we need a reason to live!
No you don't, but here two that're really good: Have fun and get wise.
>but there's no pint anyway!
No, there's not, but do it anyway because: You have fun and get wise.

The word Day can mean several different things in Hebrew. Adam lived a long time before Eve. What did Adam say when he first saw Eve? "At long last."
Don't be a dipshit, use your brain and you'll figure out that the Bible is a perfect record of nature.
Also..
We are still in the 7th day you dummies.

Honestly not at all, Their opponents will never accept it even if they fully believed it. the right is full of backwards people, the left is full of impractical idiots sometimes, but the reality is both parties reflect the attitudes they think will get voters lining up the door, so when you see A republican deny global warming, its pretty hard for me to be 100% sure they aren't just presenting the sound byte that will get the people fired up. the change has to start with the right denouncing that kind of bullshit so it becomes political suicide for their party to ignore it. unlikely but this is the only way to budge a political party on anything.

Can't say I am well versed in cap and trade, my local fury has to do with defunding conservation efforts, and lifting Co2 restrictions and obsfucating the truth with trumps administration. I can only hope that poo in loo shills his magic coal fumes into useable product filter box to the US, cause for the next 8 years we will need an incentive to appeal to these assholes.

>The word Day can mean several different things in Hebrew.
>Hebrew
There it is.

>That being said, the existence of a higher power is logical.

I would maybe agree if you mean something like pantheism. To a bacteria in your body, there is no "you". Even if they were intelligent enough, you would just be their universe. You're so big they wouldn't be able to recognize what they're inside of is an individual.

If you mean a creator deity, I would have to disagree. everything we've so far discovered about how natural examples of complexity come about confirms that natural processes are responsible.

Optimizing processes like evolution generate a very different kind of complexity than deliberate engineering by intelligent beings. We see the former type of complexity everywhere in nature, not the latter.

It makes more sense to me that if there is a supreme being, it's all around us and we are to some degree parts of it. We grow out of it, rather than being deliberately assembled by it.

Anyway back to your regularly scheduled retarded baboozery

Cap and trade is literally taking money from wealthy nations and giving it to poor nations on the pretense that wealthy nations have polluted more.

Hell is for ever!

Yes, the Hebrew "yom" can mean an indefinite period of work, but it can also mean a literal day. To figure out which was meant, we should examine the context.

In the context of Genesis 1:4-5 where God creates separates day (yom) from night, and the evening and then morning of the first day follows, it's quite clear the authors were referring to literal days which are light out and have evenings/mornings rather than indefinite work periods which don't:

"And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."

ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

Well the 6 day creation isn't all that simple.

There are many theories that go in with this. Like the original big bang theory created by a Catholic priest - the explosion took 6 days & that's how God made the Universe, via big bang.

Then others have suggested "Biblical Days" are actually very long, and the 7 day week is made because we are but man, we do not "exist" forever.

See

>we polluted more
this is true fax and if you don't believe so you probably aren't fully versed in the impact our importation of seafood, and the level of materials and polution we contribute. that said, giving a shit ton of money to the poor nations doesn't seem like the way to fix any of this either. infact given that they are likely to use coal and other dirty energy it seems like the kind of retarded move that will make everything worse.

I still can't believe the trump administration is sucking denialist dick instead of building nuclear power plants.

Oddly enough, some Protestant groups are actually terrible at interpreting the bible, and they assume that you need to take ALL OF IT literally, even though it's a collection of a variety of books written over thousands of years in different contexts.

can you be a creationist and believe our "realm" was created as an entity within a pre-existing space?

like the odd snake that has legs. of course most snakes have vestigial bones for legs but it is possible to have a weird mutation that gives them back their actual genetically ancestral legs

I have never heard any of them say it's 100% literal. Rather they contend that the Genesis account of creation reads more like it was meant to be a historical account with allegorical elements rather than pure allegory.

Depends what you mean by realm, entity and pre-existing space.

I'm an agnostic Deist myself.
I generally don't dwell too much on the question of God. I care more about the cyclical pendulum nature of the universe as it can be used in fractal sense as a predictor of events, somewhat.

If a judging God exists, all I can hope is it's powerful enough to grant me some Q&A time.

I wonder whether it will be legal to commission the creation of dino chickens or half-snakes as pets. Probably some pearl clutching politician will say it's morally wrong for some reason.

Fuck that, I want my dino chicken. I also want to eat fresh mammoth meat in my lifetime, I have always been curious how it would taste.

Which is obviously silly. Genesis isn't a historical account, but it's meant to tell us something

>I care more about the cyclical pendulum nature of the universe

If you mean the bang-crunch model, I have bad news for you. COBE and WMAP's findings indicate an open geometry for the universe, not closed, which means no crunch.

Because we didnt establish proper eugenics programs.

the shitposters of /christian/

Why don't you make this excuse for the creation stories of other religions? You just allow them to be wrong. It is only your own religion that you mount these elaborate defenses for.

I don't think it's obviously silly to say the authors of Genesis truly believed it happened that way. Consider when they lived, and how comparatively ignorant they were. Science didn't exist yet. Natural philosophy didn't even exist.

It is a simpler and more plausible answer that they were simply wrong, like the authors of every other creation story of every other religion.

It can have metaphorical double meaning and still, at the same time, be intended to accurately reflect the origins of the world and living things. While being mistaken about that.

>46% of Americans hold creationist views.

It is actually now 38%, you linked to an old poll from 2012

Here's a new poll from 2017 from the same pollster (gallup)
gallup.com/poll/210956/belief-creationist-view-humans-new-low.aspx

46% -> 38% is a big drop in 5 years

15% -> 19%: rise in belief in pure evolution over same time frame

I'd actually say the 8% drop in creationist beliefs in 5 years is a bigger story than OP.

>COBE and WMAP's findings indicate an open geometry for the universe, not closed, which means no crunch.
I have bad news for you. The ability to measure the universe does not exist and will not exist in humans. Detectable light only goes so far before the very fabric of space-time prevents it from shining. The universe as you know it might not even have an outer edge, and what you THINK is a creation of the known universe may just be the equivalent of a nova in universal scale. You would have no way of actually finding out while alive.

NEVER assume you know. Having that much faith in humanity when you cannot prove your case out is every bit as bad as having faith in jew zombies.

The drop in the gray line was pretty much replaced with the green one.

What we want is the dark green line to go to 100%, and it has risen at a faster rate than at any time since they started doing this poll

I would argue that "man developed with god guiding" is like being promoted from a tricycle to a real bike with training wheels. It's still bad, but it's less bad because people are more open and willing to accept that things written in holy books shouldn't be taken literally, and will attempt to merge the scientific with the religious.

jesus, yeah thats lightning quick considering in 2012 the numbers where about the same so fucking long ago.

I'd prefer 100% gray

Fascinating, and good news. I will replace my old info with this. What do you suppose accounts for the rapid change?

More Beaners, less Baptists.

We can detect no curvature in the area of space we're able to examine. You can argue this does not concretely disprove closed geometry but it means there is no good reason to believe in it.

If your worldview centers heavily around the bang-crunch model I would advise you to begin reformulating it.

I like to insist that earth was created in precisely 6 days by God. It really triggers weak-minded atheists

>We can detect no curvature in the area of space we're able to examine
And? You assume curves.
Again, stop assuming. Fractal form need not always follow shape. The atom has a different form from the solar system/galactic system.

My worldview revolves around the very thing I'm trying to get you to understand: Never assuming.
If you must put absolute faith in a thing, put that faith in your potential ability to understand the truth if it is presented to you, and nothing more.

Cuz shit gets wild with a quickness.

so if flying creatures were made before land where did they land between flying?

Ask ducks and geese.
>when atheists have me defending christfaggots

You can tell the moon landing was fake, because obviously anyone that tried to fly away from Earth would simply collide with the firmament.

It says land was made before the birds

read it wrong, thanks mate.

>And? You assume curves.

Nobody is assuming it. Rather, we would see curvature *if* the universe had closed geometry.

>Again, stop assuming. Fractal form need not always follow shape. The atom has a different form from the solar system/galactic system.

What are your credentials, out of curiosity? You're speaking as if you're an expert in this field and know better than every cosmologist.

>My worldview revolves around the very thing I'm trying to get you to understand: Never assuming.

Why do you persistently talk down to me? I haven't assumed anything. Do you realize you come across as very obnoxious?

>Cuz shit gets wild with a quickness.

We can agree on this. But getting wild also includes overturning stuff that was integral to your understanding of reality a moment ago. We should never become so attached to any idea that we cannot shelve it, at least for the time being, when new evidence conflicts with it.

Why invent land?

why not?

Where does light come from if not the sun? if this is true then light came into existence before our galaxy even got provided sufficient light to begin with.

Our sun brings us light no sun equals no light that is sufficient for us to survive on or even measure.

>What are your credentials, out of curiosity?
If I told you it would dismiss me in your eyes.
So I'll tell you. Temporary psychosis.

>Why do you persistently talk down to me? I haven't assumed anything. Do you realize you come across as very obnoxious?
Guilty conscience. Your attempt to correct me is due to a desire to prove your own theory correct.
Your theory may very well be correct, my only wish is that it not dominate your faith.
My theory may very well be wrong, in which case I do not care as I have no faith in it.
The ONLY things I place faith in are what I can see and understand with absolute proof. There's too many devious fucks out there with a thirst for power to trust the words of man. Yevon be praised!

>But getting wild also includes overturning stuff that was integral to your understanding of reality a moment ago
Indeed. If you had asked me about insanity 10 years ago, I'd have been a simple shit and said it was just brain damage or stupidity.
Now I know what it really is, the opposite. In raw, untamed form. It is the human brain confronted with so much information and stimulation that the brain begins to glitch.

I am not talking down to you, I simply don't want you to put faith in anything. The letdown can ruin some people.
Others can take it as a cue.
>Hey dumbass, you don't know shit
Indeed. Let's learn a bit more and hope permanent psychosis doesn't set in, okay me, myself, and I?

>thinks God needs to follow physics
Ha

he made light then assigned the light to the sun so half the day would be night

Alternatively, and much simpler, Christianity is as wrong as every other religion.

Wrong m8, we're all for hormone transitions and surgeries to go with it. That way, in a few years, when the novelty of their transitions wear off, all the gender confused losers in the world will realize how horribly they've ruined their lives/bodies and will henceforth either
A. Be unable to reproduce and spread their cancerous ways
or
B. Commit suicide, boosting the number and enforcing the fact that gender dysphoria is a mental disorder and ought to be treated as such

In case people didn't know, the word used for day in the days of creation in the original hebrew means "a period of time". It makes sense considering that the sun wasn't created until the 4th day, so how could there be a day system based off the sun? Also, the Genesis story does not seem to be as linear a time curve as people read it. If you look at even the first two verses for instance:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

(This would make one think that it was completed. One doesn't create a statue halfway and say I created a statue.)

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

(But here the earth is suddenly without form and void? Seems like God might have started over here and could be a possible explanation as to why there are dinosaurs and such. They could be from a previous dispensation. Also, past events are referenced later on in the Bible that talk about things that weren't talked about in the first days of creation. For instance, when Lucifer was thrown to the earth. Something that is commonly thought to have caused the extinction of the dinosaurs through ice age or just the impact. This and other events could have happened between verse 1 and verse 2.)

>thinks God needs to follow physics
How foolish of me for not believing claims without evidence and contrary to it. Don't worry the past of being a skeptic is behind me i believe in Jebus now.
>he made light then assigned the light to the sun so half the day would be night
Why would he take 3 days to make the light the sun or redirect it? why create plants before the sun? why follow a cycle of earthly dates in creation at all? why not create all at once or even in a shorter span? what evidence suggests God made the world in 6 days?

People who belive in creationist theories are the dumbest fucking cucks on the planet. Same goes with flat earthers. How tf are they supposed to become redpill's if they can't stop believing in caveman theories.

Genesis 1 accurately orders the major epochs in earth's history. E.g. the appearance of different types of animals, the emergence of land, the clearing of the atmosphere, etc. The only notable problem is the description of 6 days. But go and read it again with the idea that these are 6 days of revelation to Moses on Sinai, and everything fits. (Rather than the idea that the events themselves happened within 6 days.)

It's true, plants appear on earth before the atmosphere becomes transparent and those objects are visible. Precisely what you would see from earth.

Sounds like the way the survey was phrased implies a lot more people agreed to being creationist even though they aren't
>Do you believe that all life on Earth appeared in its present form some time within the last 10,000 years?
I'm gonna say the average civilized person doesn't even know how old the Earth actually is (not just in the U.S., in the entirety of the 1st world,) much less would they know it off the top of their heads, therefore they'd actually have no clue what they're responding to, for given all they know in their tiny brains dinosaurs lived 8,000 years ago. And I know you have your doubts that such stupid people exist in this world, but trust me, I work in the service industry and I've seen them. Also, if you think the U.S. is bad, try Australia, the creationist capital of the world exists there.

or it isn't

>Doesn't realize the 7 days represents a week

>believes in 7 days of creation
>supports fucking Jew (Hebrew) theories
Might as well be a bluepill if u belive in that shit nigger.

>And? You assume curves.
No, you can measure curvature simply by measuring the circumference of a circle, and noting its deviation from 2pi. That's intrinsic curvature. (To get all the tensor elements involves similar but extra work.) It really does appear that there was nothing pre-existing our universe.

Athiests / Leftists tried / are trying to root out christianity from America. Those christians still left are simply doubling down, either as an external signal of strength, or an internal ideological purity test.

you used the wrong image man. Here is the one you meant to post.

What pisses me off the most is that they depict cavemen with dinosaurs.
THOSE EXISTED APART FROM EACHOTHER, YOU FUCKING NIGGERS.

worshiping a kike on a stick turns one into subhuman