Have you ever gone soulwinning/door knocking with your church?

Have you ever gone soulwinning/door knocking with your church?

Whw don't Orthodox, Catholics, etc. ever go soulwinning?

youtube.com/watch?v=IiGgKL6AGAI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9zetKI3UQYc
youtube.com/user/sanderson1611
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bring it up in conversation whenever possible without being overbearing.

>I bring it up in conversation whenever possible without being overbearing.

Have you won any converts?

i think, but atheists are hard to crack honestly. it was Sup Forums christian general threads that helped me to abandon atheism and embrace baptist faith again. I'm not perfect, but i attend church every sunday and community groups now and pray daily.

bump

I used to be an atheist too. I have went to a local Independent Fundamentalist Baptist church every Sunday and have been reading through the Bible (I'm on the first book of Chronicles currently).

Haven't gone soulwinning yet.

I've read the new testament a few times, it's better when you have a preacher who's been through seminary to select a few special passages to dissect in a group discussion. I've never gone knocking on doors either, I don't know if my church even does that, but i'd be open to it i suppose.

Please don't.

It's annoying and everybody thinks you're stupid.

>Whw don't Orthodox, Catholics, etc. ever go soulwinning?
By calling it soulwinning you should see why. American Protestantism is very base opposed to the Orthodox and Catholic Churches which value higher order. Further, the Orthodox and Catholic position for quite some time, even if it is not one in writing, is to convert via education.

Not door to door Mormon style. But my church places a large emphasis on evangelism. So inviting people to church and stuff like that. I have always wondered why other denominations don't do that as much.

>It's annoying and everybody thinks you're stupid.

I don't care.

youtube.com/watch?v=9zetKI3UQYc

2 Peter 3:3-9
>Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
>But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

That seems to be worth it when you're already speaking to people anyways. Your waiter, the cashier, your friend, the cop who just pulled you over, the neighbor... casually bring up their faith and if they don't recoil like a jew invite them to church.

>Catholics
Brought the gospel to the whole world like Jesus instructed
>Proddies
Brought it to nobody, killed natives instead, then try to steal converts for shekel donations

Shoo Shoo

I've been watching Pastor Anderson's videos every day, he's amazing! Here's his channel:

youtube.com/user/sanderson1611

how's that flavor-aid?

He speaks before Christ. Rabid homophobe with a lisp and obsessed with dicks (how circumcision is not needed)

atheism isn't logical but it its promoted relentlessly on TV and given an image of intelligence and individual free thinking which stupid people cling to for their self esteem.

Yeah, I was raised baptist and I still am. It was something I struggled with growing up because there was such an emphasis placed on"witnessing" and soul winning. It felt like I wasn't being a good Christian if I wasn't talking to people about Christ 24/7. I think there was too much of an emphasis on getting converts instead of making disciples. It almost seems like it is the opposite now. I think it's still important to personally share your faith tho. Just maybe build a relationship first.

It's called witnessing, you idiot, and door knocking is the most banal bs way of going about it.
As Sam Kinison said: We know who Jesus IS!
Ideally, you are supposed to live your life as a shining example, and not hide your light under a bushel, etc.
Pic related.

It mixes perfectly with my STEM degree. My faith is unshakable now, how's your life of atheistic despair and eventual suicide treating you?
it's just a way for atheists to ignore their sin.

>hello sir
>have you thought about your soul?
>no sir
>Jesus loves you, you know
>ok. Would you like paper or plastic?
>I'll take paper, thanks. God has really turned my life around.
>Ok, that'll be $15.09
>here you are
>thank-you: here's your change
>God Bless you
>ok, thank you

>hello sir
>hello, how's your day going?
>not too bad, thanks: you?
>can't complain
>...
>ok, that'll be $3.45, do you need a bag?
>no thanks
>have a good day
>thanks, you too

I watch probably half of his sermons. His style is both funny and powerful.