Is there any country with a modern army that still employs the use of swords beside ceremonial purposes...

Is there any country with a modern army that still employs the use of swords beside ceremonial purposes? The only time in recent history I'm aware of this occurring is among Japanese officers in the Second World War, but are there other, perhaps newer examples?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/DUh4z
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
youtube.com/watch?v=1B6NOPfWJJ8&t=10s&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B6NOPfWJJ8&t=10s&has_verified=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rwanda did that one time

Rawanda..? What happened in Rawanda that warranted the use of swords?

Savoia Cavalleria made a successful cavalry charge in WW2 with sabers drawn against Russians at Isinbayeva.

But yes, swords are now purely cerimonial.

No you autistic fucking LARPer

also

Damn autocorrect
Isbuscenskij not Isinbayeva

I guess only a lack of bullets

Rwandan genocide:

archive.is/DUh4z (links to UN.org)

I imagine the machete/farm implement repair business was pretty busy in Spring '94.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
>In July 1943, as commanding officer, he led 2 Commando from their landing site at Catania in Sicily with his trademark Scottish broadsword slung around his waist, a longbow and arrows around his neck and his bagpipes under his arm,[18] which he also did in the landings at Salerno.
>Churchill later walked back to the town to retrieve his sword, which he had lost in hand-to-hand combat with the German regiment. On his way there, he encountered a disoriented American patrol, mistakenly walking towards enemy lines. When the NCO in command of the patrol refused to turn around, Churchill told them that he was going his own way and "that he wouldn't come back for a bloody third time".[2]

>carry a sword
>actually get into hand to hand combat with it
>lose the sword

He had one fucking job.

This guy also got the last recorded kill by a longbow in war.

No.

>not knowing about the epic failure of UN peacekeeping, the Rwandan genocide

Quick rundown 4 u senpai
>Belgians place one group of KANGZ in power
>Belgians leave, majority of other KANGZ think the ruling tribe is too white
>proceed to genocide the rulers with machetes
>Canadian commander of the UN force, Romeo D'allair, can't do shit because of cucked ROE and most of his troops are useless Bangladeshis

Not swords, but knifes shaped as our country

thats a nice knife desu

guess what, liberals are trying to ban it bc "is fascist"

what a retarded fucking knife

>said by a country ocuppied many times by neighbour countries at war

that knife saved our ass thousands of times, have more respect little shit

the japanese actually had use for it though, considering the environment/terrain. they also put bayonets on every fucking gun, even MG's.

very cute ornament desu

Actually,in modern combat a tomahawk-style axe is much more effective in close quarter man to man combat than a sword.
I dont know if there is any military that issues them,but i know that a lot of soldiers have one.

You would not want to make friends with its business end.

I thought it had a scope on it for a second.

If you mean conventional armies no, tech and strategy has developed to the point that swords are completely useless in combat. However, in some very heavily forested tropical islands, like in the Moluccas it is very practical to give to law enforcers/peacekeepers. Go to 5:39

youtube.com/watch?v=1B6NOPfWJJ8&t=10s&oref=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B6NOPfWJJ8&t=10s&has_verified=1

Looks like small falx or a huge srbosjek. Any knife experts can tell me what's the purpose of this shape?

This is always funny to me, because sticking with a lifting program cultivates inner strength way better than whatever this fag would be doing.

You're not a country, Texas.