Does Memorial Day make anyone else uncomfortable? I don't agree with our military endeavors currently...

Does Memorial Day make anyone else uncomfortable? I don't agree with our military endeavors currently, and for the most part am anti war.

I hate talking about the military with people because if you don't blindly support everything they do, people will literally want to cause you bodily harm. Nobody told these people they had to enlist, it was their choice.

Why does that make you uncomfortable? If you disagree with them don't celebrate it and just ignore it. In fact if you really disagree with it then go to work that day, don't enjoy the day off if you don't believe in it. Don't thank them, don't clap for them, etc. No one is forcing you to do that and most veterans respect you having an opinion and freedom of speech. When you say you don't blindly support everything they do, do you mean disagreeing with the wars started by politicians like Jew Kissinger or are you being a disrespectful douche to the actual poor/middle class guys who had to join because they didn't have college money and expecting them not to be pissed off about it? I've heard plenty of rich liberals call soldiers idiots for fighting the wars, but it's a total class thing.

Plus a lot of veterans didn't have a choice to enlist, you do realize that people were drafted into Vietnam, Korea, and WWII right? I disagree with the fact that white men fought to protect freedom for niggers and Jews and now those two groups are ruining our country. Doesn't change the fact that a lot of veterans fought for my freedom as well, and didn't have mommy and daddy's money to pay their way through college and away from the battlefield. Try talking to poor/middle class whites every once in a while instead of looking down on them, you might actually learn a thing or two.

You sound like your projecting. You are part of the reasonI find this uncomfortable, you automatically assumed I shit on all soldiers and all wars. I don't.

... most people enlist in the US to pay for college.
These men do not get to chose what he'll hole they go to or who they get to shoot, that is decided by politicians.
These men put on their uniform and risk their lives for your country, if your countries motives are flawed it is not their fault.
People support Memorial Day not because they died for just or unjust cause but because they died for your country.
It's a lot harder to swallow if you hate your country but there it is user.

I think a wide variety of shit scares you on the reg, senpai. And you sound like a girl...girls are not allowed to post when there's food to be made.

Thanks for proving my point.

You're welcome. You should expect push back when you say dumb shit. Have you finished making the sammiches yet?

Also, are you missing the point on purpose? You act like joining the military to go to college is the only damn option, and these people should be praised for selling themselves?

>never served
>thinks she knows
Go away commie whore

People died so you could stay home in your moms basement and shit post on your computer with your fat Cheetos dusted cover fingers. Pay your fucking respects to dead you fat fucking land whale.

> thinks im an unemployed fat basement dwelling neckbeard

Try again.

Also, ad homenims are not an argument.

Take your shit posting and go fuck yourself
Worst troll attempt ive seen in a awhile
>B8

Be a nimbly cunt isn't either. Nobody wants you here. Get your ass back to the kitchen. America first...you are a commie traitor. Stop talking and listen once in a while.

Nice trolling attemp loser. :D

Wow fuck me for wanting an actual conversation, Sup Forums really is dead. 2 year ago people would have tried to actually debtate.

Reminder: Memorial Day is for the dead.

Veterans Day is for the living.
That's what you should be protesting.

Everyone who has a job is selling themselves.
It's the way of the world.

I'm not protesting. Also, people tend to lump it together anyway.

>Nobody told these people they had to enlist, it was their choice.
After 1973 when the draft was canceled? Yes. Before that, in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam? No. They were drafted. They were dragged unwillingly out of their civil lives, given often inadequate training and sent off to some foreign land to die thousands of miles from home. The majority of Americas war dead did not "choose to serve." They were forced to. That's who Memorial Day was established to honor. The people who fought and died whether they wanted to or not. You can be anti war and still have sympathy for some 18 year old kid who was dragged off to war by a generally uncaring government to die in some foreign shithole for for people who didn't give a rats ass about him and probably would be happy to piss on his grave. That's what Memorial day is about.

Fuck, I wish people like you were forced to live in a shithole long enough for you to realize the gifts those mean old, dead military people gave to your selfish ass.

>living in a country secured by the sacrifice of thousands upon thousands of soldiers.
>can't even give them a few days out of the year for recognition
Memorial day isn't about you or what you believe. No one cares what you think about war or the military. Not everything is about you.

Don't like memorial day? Fine. Shut the fuck up, though, faggot and have some respect for people that do.

God damn self centered leftist snowflake faggots...

Almost every war was not fought for the reasons you were told.

Only correct post ITT

feces/10

best i can do

>Triggered

Why does that matter? Wha are you going to do change it? Why do you care? Admit you're a 22 yr old chic and we can make progress on this.

>Triggered
No. Righteous anger at a dumb fuck who never served a day in their lives. Much like you. But you still have a chance.

Damn, have you been watching my life through a portal? Your knowledge of what I've been told is AMAZING!

Please reveal the truth to me wise one.
Straw man. SAged

>Nobody told these people they had to enlist, it was their choice.
Exactly, these men joined knowing it's dangerous. Even if they're acting under dubious orders, they joined to defend their nation and will be there when it needs defending. You can hate the decisions, but don't disrespect those who put themselves in harm's way so you can eat twinkies and watch anime in your underwear.

I have the utmost respect for soliders who were forced to fight, either b/c they were drafted or because they needed money and had no other option.

OTOH, there are a lot of retarded hicks who actually believe they're "dying for their country" when they go serve in some middle eastern shithole to protect Israel. Not their fault, since as I said they're retarded hicks, but still come on.

how does fighting for their jewish schlomo masters in the middle east and shooting brown people make me safer while I do actual useful things while doing research and a phd?

why is their sacrifice so inherently noble when most of them don't really have any other options because they failed at everything else in their lives and just thoght it'd be fun to play commando for a while

lol you're breathtakingly stupid for a phd candidate. Best of luck in your gender studies program.

>ITT hurr dude if it weren't for the troops you wouldn't be free to do xyz

Explain to me how at this very moment muh freedums are being directly protected by some 20 year old spics wearing desert camo 7000 miles away. I ask that in the most objective way possible.

For real, specifically how are you "defining my freedoms"? Explain yourselves if you're gonna use that wording as a response to anything that wasn't drilled into your head in basic

If Israel ever came into actual danger they might initiate the Samson option.

That spic is objectively protecting us from nuclear anihilation.

"Defending your freedoms" id kind of a meme now, but it's from the military PR team. You would never hear that from a military person. They are doing the bidding of their commanders in a place where they could get killed at any moment. You are free because there are people willing to do the dirty work that would make you shit your pants and cry in your latte every night. Government bad. Troops good. You should be smart enough to know the difference.

biotechnology and informatics and data modeling, but nice try

good luck doing what you're told and being an attack dog for people who don't give a shit about you

I'm not in the military, so swing and a miss. You're just a kid trying to finish college LOL. The smartest thing you can do now is admit that you aren't special.
I'd still lay odds that you're a gender studies candyboy.

Shareblue tactic number 2. Have .02 cents and a (You). You are more of a whore than you accuse the soldiers of being. At least they have a respectable job, whether you think it is or now. Fucking commies need to get out. Don't forget to pull Brock's dick out of your mouth before you speak.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

I don't hate our military, I pity them. It's not their fault they were brainwashed and no one has shown them the truth. I do despise the (((politicians))) that send them to die for (((you know who))).

aww you're sweet for pitying people. what are you doing to fix it?

>user tries to understand your way of thinking
>YOU'RE MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE STOP ASSUMING THINGS
Oh, you're just a pussy

It's not like it's even a holiday.Do soldiers even get the day off because no one else does. It's strictly lip service. It's a day that has almost no real significance to anyone.

>Memorial day

>celebrate welfare queens who fight wars for israel

really makes you think.

You're pretty much on point, but stay in canada, faggot.

Lots have it off
Incorrect holiday

>baby detected
I bet when you hear someone swear you look for a safe corner.

My bad, that's veterans day right?

You got me, buddy

>pls dont say nono words

Yes

we've reached levels of liberal faggotry that shouldn't be possible

If you can imagine any scenario where you would support going to war then your problem is with the politicians and not the military.

I think about WW2 mostly.

>if you pity someone you have to take steps to fix it
Are you retarded? You must be because if you weren't maybe you could infer how from what I wrote. Not that pitying anyone requires you to take action. It is just a feeling after all, dumbfuck.

That's probably best. Civil and Recolutionary War too.

>Does Memorial Day make anyone else uncomfortable?
Just cowards, moral or the physical embodiment of.
>I don't agree with our military endeavors currently, and for the most part am anti war.
Which is not the point of the holiday, to celebrate our wars, you fucking nit.

Also,
>1 post by this ID

One one hand, people join the military of their own volition. On the other hand, our government does everything it can to keep us poor and ignorant.

Shut up, faggot.

Memorial Day was created for the civil war dead. Most of whom were conscripted immigrants fresh of the boat. Show a little class.

>It's a lot harder to swallow if you hate your country but there it is user.
Speak of the devil.

disagreeing with fighting expensive wars for business and foreign interests is not hating your country

>disagreeing with fighting expensive wars for business and foreign interests is not hating your country

Sure, all of our wars are for that, if only you care to call them such regardless of the facts.

fuck off hippy faggot