How did this happen

How did this happen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VL7XS_8qgXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because freedom > tyranny

French help

To be completely fair, we had significant material and logistical support from France.

Not that the French liked us, they just hated Britain. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, etc.

Because fighting insurgents on their home turf is practically always going to fucking fail.

france

guerrilla warfare is a bitch, OP.

Because the bulk of the giant army and navy was held up defending against France

Wise men

Incliment weather during the battle of long island which allowed washington to escape

We got hella lucky a bunch

This. Same reason the U.S. lost in Vietnam and will never escape the middle east.

Just like Vietnam - native farmers who live off the land will fuck your shit up so hard

Some European countries sent support (france, russia,etc), the british thought it wasn't worth it, logistics.

1 american man is better than 5 british men, still to this day

French, Spanish and Dutch doing most of the work while the "German mercenaries" composed most of the force.

>Burgers actually knowing history for a change

I'm proud of you son

This. Brits are low test.

>top grade mercenaries
the guys were getting drunk af and lost so badly

Because we were a tiny side show to the much larger shit storm that was happening.

I'm an ardent nationalist, but push for independence relied very heavily on France bankrolling it, and providing assistance, both direct, and indirect.

It goes back to the dutch, Christianity thwarted all freewill in the world so the last of the free-minded people fled to the safe guarded Dutch lands. The free masons or whatever you call them "illuminati" wanted to create their own nation where mankind could be free. the whole tea shit was just an excuse they made.

youtube.com/watch?v=VL7XS_8qgXM

French help, Spanish help, the fact UK is across the ocean and the fact Thirteen Colonies were literally a drain on British budget.

Why didnt you help us?

>MUH LIBERTARIANISM

yeah because the founding fathers were a bunch of fat atheist neets living in their mothers' basements.

The average American is dumb as dirt, but that's largely our outsized minority population driving intelligence down.

>outdated hunting equipment

American Revolutionaries had access to what was then military-grade weaponry though. Do you think with the constant threat of Injun scalping frenzies that they were fucking around with half-working equipment?

couple things:
>We had the help of the French, the second most powerful nation of the time
>In a revolution, you don't need to be more powerful than the tyrants, you just have to hold out long enough for the tyrants to decide it's not worth it (see vietnam)

That's how we won.

Britain was more focused on France than some niggers rebelling in colonies.

Look at the orders of battle sometime. The Americans (and the French) outnumbered the British at decisive battles such as the Battles of Saratoga and the Siege of Yorktown. And the Americans' equipment and supply lines were decent, with a few exceptions. And the American leadership was phenomenal. The war was never as uneven as propagandists and historians later proclaimed.

The french saving americas ass. Without them England would have rofl stomp´d the amerniggers.

Because it's America.

The queen/king of England was on the over side of the ocean
Its easy to revolt when you oppressors are on the other side of the world

Fuck of burgers, you haven't done dick with your pile of shit country since we let you have it.

Seriously, you've started more wars than anyone else, and won none of them. Hell, some of these conflicts are still technically ongoing despite not being fought for years.

Keep crying burgers, From Britain you were born, and to the empire you shall inevitably return.

he says in the English language........really makes you think doesn't it?

There were no French at the battle of Saratoga. We won that because we didn't follow the rules and we invented modern guerilla warfare.

Guerilla tactics and GOOD OL AMERICAN KNOW-HOW

TEA IN SEA
E
A
I
N
S
E
A

America's average IQ is only two points lower than the UK's, and it's the same as Australia

French and minorly Spanish help keeping Britain occupied in Europe, French aid of military commanders and equipment, the continental army and congress was composed of most of the top aristocrats and military leaders of the colonies, utilization of guerrilla style tactics against the British, having a fair amount more domestic popular support than the loyalists, and having local supply lines rather than being largely supported from an ocean away.

''and to the empire you shall inevitably return''

if only it were true.

Because the French decided it would be better to bankrupt themselves just to annoy the British.

This is why I don't make fun of the French except in a brotherly way.

France and America are kindred, whether France likes it or not.

"Lafayette, we have returned."

And our population is yuge

bunch of brits tried to subdue a bunch of drunks who hid and played gurilla warfare. drew out the war long enough that it became financially insoluable to keep fighting it. basically the same reason we lost vietnam

Sure thing Achmed.

So wait, even at 60% we're only 2 points lower? What if you only took the white people?

you have to go back frog

>*And to the Caliphate you shall inevitably return
Fixed it for you :^)

French help? It was literally a French war with American help. France supplied the navy over half the army and the vast majority of equipment and supplies like 90% (actually percentage) of the gunpowder used.

Help from the Spanish, French, and Dutch.

Spanish gave supplies, French gave soldiers whilst the Dutch pumped money into the revolution

Really? A beady eyes trying to convince the world that there is a bigger war monger than the UK?

Europe was set ablaze not once, but twice, thanks to your inability to coexist peacefully with other countries. I'm having trouble thinking of a conflict in Europe that didn't have England's filthy hands in it.(obviously only looking at conflicts after they existed as a nation)

>July 9, 1755.The American Indian chief looked scornfully at the soldiers on the field before him. How foolish to fight as they did, forming battle lines out in the open, standing shoulder to shoulder in their bright red uniforms. The Indian braves fired from under the safe cover of the forest, yet the British soldiers never broke rank. The slaughter at the Monongahela River continued for 2 hours. By then, 1000 British soldiers were killed or wounded, while only 30 French and Indian warriors were injured.Not only were the soldiers foolish, but their officers were just as bad. Riding on horseback, fully exposed above the men on the ground, they made perfect targets. One by one the chief’s marksmen shot the mounted British officers until only one remained. Twice this officer’s horse was shot out from under him; he just grabbed another horse left idle when a fellow officer had been shot off it and kept going. Ten, twelve, thirteen rounds were fired by the sharpshooters, yet he still remained unharmed.The native officers couldn’t believe it. Their rifles seldom missed their mark. The chief came to a realization that a might power was shielding this man. He commanded his men to stop firing at him and said: “This man is under the protection of the Great Spirit…this man was not born to be killed by a bullet.” Later that evening, this British officer noticed several bullet holes in his uniform, yet he was unharmed. A few days later he wrote in a letter to his brother:

1/2

Sure, that's why they depleted the treasury going after us.

We were the richest source of natural resources in a nin tropical, malaria free, region of the world. They only cared about the French because they knew the French wanted a piece.

How does it feel to watch your women get raped by niggers after they turn your numale body down?

Based Baguettes

USA + Spain + France + Dutch is what you mean right?

3 Empires all working together ye..

“By the all-powerful dispensations of Providence I have been protected beyond all human probability or expectation; for I had four bullets through my coat, and two horses shot under me yet escaped unhurt, although death was leveling my companions on every side of me.”

Years later, that same British Officer went back to those same Pennsylvania woods. That same Chief who had fought against this man heard he was in the region and came a long way to see him. In a face to face council, the Chief said:

“Listen! [You] will become the chief of nations, and a people yet unborn will hail [you] as the founder of a mighty empire. I am come to pay homage to the man who is the particular favorite of Heaven, and who can never die in battle.”

The battle on the Monongahela, part of the French and Indian war, was fought on July 9, 1755 near Fort Duquesne, now the city of Pittsburgh.

The twenty-three year old officer went on to become the commander in chief of the Continental Army and the first President of the United States. In all the years that followed in his long career, this man, George Washington was never once wounded in Battle
2/2

>Britain
>largest army

sweetie, no.

>Fuck of burgers

That sounds erotically delicious

French and Spanish won the American war of indipendence

The support of 3 major European colonial powers and volunteers coming from other European states. Oh, and the Empire doubled in size after we lost the colonies.

Rofl. You have a decaying navy and we have more aircraft carriers than that faggy eu club you guys made.

How about instead, you admit when you've lost, and you join the republic?

"The United States of America, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand"

What do you say? Pass the torch? The son never sets on the American/Anglo empires.

How historically ignorant are you? We've never relinquished territory in our entire history after a military defeat, because the only losses we've ever suffered have been political ones that didn't directly impact us. We beat Mexico, we crushed Spain, we slapped the Takbeers in the Barbary War. You Euros can be sour grapes if you want because of your impotent hate for America, but please at least pretend to be objective.

Came here to say this.

Winning a war like that would've taken decades of investment.

fuck america and britain zero distinction in them 2017

Yeah and if you factor out all the Hispanics pretending to be white it goes up even more.

As mentioned the French helped a lot. But the main concern was crossing the Atlantic and resupplying. The American revolution only happened because of high taxes which funded other imperial conquests. War costs money

USA was worthless colony fulla malcontents

capitalism without regulation then made it no1

lets deregulate

>DidUJustAssumeMyRace.gif

Fuck off burger.
I'd tell you to would off a cliff, but that would imply that your stumpy legs could support the gelatinous mass that is your body.

No.

Nah most Americans are ignorant of anything historical. I'm just an anglophilic history student.

>Amerifat fixing something rather than completely fucking it up

Sure thing chad

Pretty sure Franklin whored around France enough to gather enough clout so he could drunkenly bring the whole French navy to bail our ass out.

gelasstinous*

UK's got a fuckton of blackies and brownies now and for Aussies, one abbo can drag down the average of 10 Aussies.

France is definitely in the short list of countries that the United states has any ethical reasons to help.

France- helped us at the one point in history where we /really/ needed outside help. Has a history at least, of maintaining an honorable military, and behaved in a similar fashion diplomatically.

The UK in sharp contrast has always been a den of scheming pseudo kikes(true kikes after they allowed their return). Can't trust them further than they can be thrown. The only country with a greater likelihood to instantly backstab their allies at the most minimal sign of gain: Israel.

Why do Brits think they're any better? I saw a bong refer to Texas as the "Midwest" the other day

>Keep crying burgers

Funny considering you guys always come crying to us for help anytime the Germans wake up from their sleep.

the french frogs leaped out of their bankrupt pond with everything they had left because they were salty we beat them in a war. fucking frogs

Right. I phrased that poorly. The French were only present at the Siege of Yorktown.

Based America

Brits are limp-wristed pussies
We body slam their reporters for shits and giggles

Nice fairy tale.

Real talk, the war for Britain went far worse than it might have early on, with Bunker Hill being an embarrassing and costly victory for Britain. Furthermore, poor leadership for the British and worse communication meant that commanders that were supposed to meet up on campaign never materialized, and several vital gambits such as the drive to split New England (the heart of the Revolution) away from the rest of the colonies fizzled out. Finally French aid scaled up over time, really becoming a factor after the American victory at Saratoga, and then it was just a matter of time. Foreign volunteers like Polanski and the Baron von Steuben also were vital in reformatting the Continental Army.

>America fought off the biggest army on the world single-handed
>Hurr-durr, Britain rant to America in WW2 and then we totally won the whole war all by our selves

>>Being this retarded

>we invented modern guerilla warfare.
Well, we took it from the Natives. But it worked pretty well.

Feels pretty guud to be 98% white country.

>The battle on the Monongahela,
>Monongahela
>Mong

Sounds about right, burgers.

Fuck off paddy

Lmfao relax Muhammad, Britain is the fat bitch ex-wife we got sick off and don't pay alimony to. While you cry and wish only for the past that'll never be, we'll keep being the star nation of the planet that everyone loves to hate and hates to love.

I'm sorry I can't hear you over all the territories you lost.

A little louder?

they disregarded the rules of engagement in gentleman's war

Reminder that Cornwallis did nothing wrong except having horrible logistics

Probably because hes underage and is one example. I rarely see us fuck up but i see Americans fuck up in every thread when it comes to these things. See you have a reputation and you do live up to it.

56%

Supply lines

supply lines supply lines supply lines.

every single goddamn invading force from roma's legionaries and the taking of Constantinople to WW2 was won or lost by having proper funding requisite to keep your men fed and mobile.

You always get a bonus for this when the war is fought on your own land and you have the will of the people. heck many of those who fought were farmers themselves.
Britain did not have that much support inside the states and they had to move nearly everything they needed an entire ocean to even get to the battlefield.

Supply lines.
Also, clean your room and read Art of War.

Won't be 98 forever. Soon as the swarms finish breeding Swedes out of existence, they'll just hop the border.