Marijuana General: No shitposting

In this thread we will talk to each other about marijuana.

First off I just want to say both sides of the argument are absolutely autistic.
The dude weed fags who believe weed is some sort of drug with no repercussions are dumb, and the muh weed is degeneracy fags need to get off their high horse.
Here's the thing, I know most of Sup Forums is in the under 25 range, which means your brain is still in development.
Weed does affect your brain development heavily if you use throughout your teens and well into young adulthood. This is fact.
However, if your brain has already developed meaning your are 25 or older, feel free to use marijuana, however, you should not smoke it.
The human lungs were not designed to inhale smoke thus the healthiest way to use marijuana is either through edibles or vaporization.
For any of the anons who are 16-19(we all know there are underage people on Sup Forums) stop using right now, it will affects your brains ability to process information and your memory.
The 16-19 group can still recover since your brain will continue to develop through your 20's.
Here are some sources btw;

journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyt.2013.00053/full

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2014/02/25/282631913/marijuana-may-hurt-the-developing-teen-brain

Nonetheless, the best way to solve the pothead issue is for the (((US))) to reschedule the drug from Schedule 1 to at the very least Schedule 2 so that scientists can further study it, and release better more informed studies on how it affects the brain.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17007222
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352721/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033190/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11434841
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955395914000206
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0143562
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16128224
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802821
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24384575
nature.com/articles/npjpcrm201671
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2094297/
monaldi-archives.org/index.php/macd/article/view/645/633
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4747424/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3350824/
nature.com/mp/journal/v22/n1/full/mp201621a.html
ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405
nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/regular-marijuana-use-teens-continues-be-concern
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you smoke weed, you are not white.
No white man willingly fries his brain to temporarily feel better.

Sometimes I wish I could shoot up marihuana like Debbie wasserman Schultz shot up seth rich

Putting a plant in schedule 1 is retarded.

End of story.

/thread

kek but no shitposting here user!

You made this exact post in the other weed thread and then complained that nobody responded to you, and then you kept posting about it and linking back to that post. You really need the attention that bad?

i agree, both sides are autistically retarded.

>If you smoke weed, you are not white.

Neat, can I claim I am the albino negus on the census?

Nah senpai, it's just that here in Sup Forums no one actually talks about weed without shitposting.
We also have wee threads everyday, might as well make a general for it

>Nah senpai, it's just that here in Sup Forums no one actually talks about weed without shitposting.

Because the discussion ended years ago.

Illegality for a plant is absolutely retarded, especially when it does have legitimate properties.

Psilocybin is the same way for people with migraines.

CA Marijuana lawyer and expert. AMA

hello nigger

>tfw when Irish and you are technically right

Yes massa? you be needin somethin?

>alcohol is a non issue though

Wow really made me think with that absolute blow out of an argument.

>stop liking what I dont like
the thread
I remember being an edgy bootlicking young adult myself.

>in Sup Forums no one actually talks about weed without shitposting.
Yeah you wanna know why that is? Because the majority of people that come on here are lame young men who smoke weed on occasion and get off on triggering other lame young men by saying weed is degenerate. Then people either a) genuinely believe that or b) sperg out and defend weed. Either way you're getting jimmied by fat losers

100% you drink alcohol, which is actually proven to kill brain cells and shrink the brain, being that it is a lethal poison.

I am in my low 30s and I smoked cannabis daily since 15 years old.
Within the last week I have made the choice to stop smoking entirely.
I was used to taking a bong hit every 3-4 hours.
The psychological addiction is real.
The first day I stopped my brain kept telling me that maybe I should take a hit.
As the days have progressed the urges have lowered but are not entirely gone yet (i still think about it a bit)
The reason I stopped is I am on a path of self-betterment and working to rid myself of any and all degeneracy.
Thanks for reading

>caring this much about what plants people choose to burn

find something better to give a shit about.

who /kratom/ here?

The two sides are extremes of a very complicated and understudied debate, ultimately, this should be a states rights issue and removed from schedule 1 to actually be studied

Good for you dude, start eating real food too, if you aren't.

>Because the discussion ended years ago.
Obviously not if people still hold strong opinions abut it.
>Illegality for a plant is absolutely retarded, especially when it does have legitimate properties.
I understand there are medicinal uses for the plant, however, most do not understand that weed is not entirely harmless especially if your brain is still developing.

Slide /thread/ info.

I've smoked 10 joints a day for 25 years
Healthy,otherwise law abiding,Paid off my mortgage and get no urges to murder kids.

>ultimately, this should be a states rights issue and removed from schedule 1 to actually be studied

ding ding

Weedheads like you are fucking retards. You can't provide any arguments so you just assume people do harder drugs. I'm white, so I do 0 drugs.

>I understand there are medicinal uses for the plant, however, most do not understand that weed is not entirely harmless especially if your brain is still developing.

Nothing is entirely harmless.

We feed children Ritalin, your point has no merit.

Agreed.
Marijuana needs to be rescheduled otherwise we won't be able to further our understanding of how it affects us physically and mentally.

t. no-friend virgin

>Nothing is entirely harmless.
Yes I know, but there are people who genuinely believe weed has no repercussions whatsoever.
>We feed children Ritalin, your point has no merit.
I believe it's wrong to stuff children with amphetamines as well user.
It's possible to hold opinions on a variety of issues you know?

your tricks wont work here, kike.

>It's possible to hold opinions on a variety of issues you know?

Not when you're generalizing the issue to cross the face of the entire country.

When you broaden, you have to lose nuance.

when did I ever say that? Take this post as an example on why you should not smoke weed. It makes you retarded

>When you broaden, you have to lose nuance.
Fair enough.
Anyways user, I noticed that you said it should be a states rights issue, and I agree, however, who's to say certain states still won't continue to spread false information about marijuana?
Not trying to b8 you btw I just want to have a good discussion

Why does marijuana cause paranoia even after a tiny amount in some people?

Weed Smokers Have More Violent Convictions:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
Weed Causes Cancer:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947
Weed Reduces Volume Of Various Regions Of The Brain And Negatively Effects Motivation :
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/

Weed Is Addictive:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/

Weed Causes Long Term Cognitive Damage:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/

Weed Causes Depression And Anxiety Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013

Weed Causes Psychotic Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424288/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17007222
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4352721/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033190/

Children of Fathers that Smoke Weed More Likely To Suffer Sudden Infant Death Syndrome:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11434841

Weed Legalisation Results In More Frequent Use:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955395914000206
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0143562

Weed Causes Lung Damage:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16128224
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23802821
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24384575
nature.com/articles/npjpcrm201671
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2094297/
monaldi-archives.org/index.php/macd/article/view/645/633

Secondhand Weed Smoke Impairs Psychomotor Function And Working Memory:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4747424/

Weed Worsens Symptoms Of Social Anxiety Disorder:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3350824/

Weed Causes Deficits In Dopamine Release:
nature.com/mp/journal/v22/n1/full/mp201621a.html

>however, who's to say certain states still won't continue to spread false information about marijuana?

Well that's what makes this nation beautiful. If you can't stand where your state is going, you can try to change it yourself or move somewhere else.

Weed decreases testosterone and growth hormone, tobacco increases them (but also raises cortisol which is a catabolic hormone)

ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405

Great links user, thanks for contributing!

>I know most of Sup Forums is in the under 25 range, which means your brain is still in development.

Shitposting detected, shill thread. Sage.

>If you can't stand where your state is going, you can try to change it yourself or move somewhere else.
Haha alright man you have stumped me there.
If you don't mind me asking, are you in a legal, and or medicinal state? If so, have you noticed any changes positive or negative in or around your city?

fucking christ is it possible to have a thread on Sup Forums these days without being called a shill?

he's most likely a shill

I've only been in Hawaii a couple years.

Otherwise I was mostly in non-legal states (majority Wisconsin). Haven't been back since I moved here, but it wasn't any different over the past 20 years to me. Drinking is a much bigger culture there, even in Madison.

I'll be outside bonding with nature all weekend on a hunting trip and plan and smoking some a friend gave me.

In moderation I see no harm.

>Hawaii
Beautiful state, had a great summer there a few years ago.
>Wisconsin
Ah yes the Midwest has huge drinking culture, they make great beer.
I live in California atm and as you may realize, lost of people smoke weed here.
I have no qualms about the older population using it, but it's become so accepted that people don't care about the younger population who smoke all the time.

You can normalize anything these days.

It's more of a curse than a blessing.

>but it's become so accepted that people don't care about the younger population who smoke all the time.

It's the hypocrisy that makes them feel like they can't high horse it anymore.

But it's that same hypocrisy that makes us discuss this issue to begin with.

We're also in a culture where we treat children as adults, younger and younger.

Giving them complete control over deciding exactly who/what they are. Trusting their judgement.

It's a folly.

Yea cause you need big daddy government to tuck you in at night.

It seems more that they're going to do it, regardless of my needs.

I'm a white nationalist and I smoke weed every day. Cannabis is the white man's drug.

You said no shitposting OP, but this entire post is already garbage. You post an obvious straw man fallacy which says that marijuana hurts the developing teen brain. Yeah, no fucking shit. So does alcohol, anti anxiety medications, and a host of other mind altering drugs that teens regularly consume now.

No one is advocating for children or teens to consume marijuana. It's for adults, age 21 and over. End of the thread, you made this for fucking nothing. If you had five functioning neurons you would have realized that not one person is advocating for teens to smoke weed. Just like how a teen going and partying every now and then isn't going to ruin their brain and their life, neither will pot.

Smoking weed every single day probably isn't the most productive thing in the world, but I know people that do it and definitely make more money than the autistic wastes of air that post here daily.

Anyone who advocates that an adult who pays taxes shouldn't be consuming a mildly psychoactive plant with almost no negative health repercussions, but proven medical benefits, is a faggot who doesn't like freedom.

The marijuana 'debate' (if you can even call it that because anti weed fags have nothing but propaganda and mostly shill government research) isn't about DUDE BLAZE IT 420 LMAOOOOOO WHAT U DONT EVEN SMOKE WEED U FAGGETS?, It's about what a responsible adult should be able to do with their own body. It's about freedom. We all know that prohibition has never worked, look at the result of the 40 year War on Drugs. Fucking a trillion taxpayer dollars down the shitter and their have never been more drugs on the streets. Marijuana is the biggest cash crop in America, you're not stopping anything by trying to advocate for it remaining illegal.

fpbp

to quote Gale Boetticher
"Consenting adults want our product"
If they want it, someone will provide

>a tread about weed with no shitposting.
i widh i was as naive as you op.
im giong to fact check those citations ok?

are you a white nationalist or nationalist who is white?

are you sure you can even read you dumb weedhead nigger?

Finally getting those (you)s I see.
Good. You genuinely deserve them.

Kek, good post, I mostly agree. Have one of my memes, organically farmed of course

100% agree.

Anti-marijuana laws = Prohibition. The only people benefitting from marijuana being illegal are religious crazies and the politicians who cater to them, big pharma, and drug cartels. This is all true irrespective of whether you use it or not. If you don't understand this then you're a retard.

>and the muh weed is degeneracy fags need to get off their high horse.
lol wow what an argument, really made me think OP

Okay go ahead and fact check them. They're of varying quality some are better than others, good thing I posted a fuck load of them.

Not a single study shows any benefits to weed btw.

fuck of faggot.

>Weed Worsens Symptoms Of Social Anxiety Disorder:
if youre already prone to mental illnes/aggresion you should not be smoking in the first place.

>Weed Causes Lung Damage:
just like smoking?

Weed Causes Cancer:
just like alchohol causes liver cancer and is responsible for millions in damiges per year?
just like smoking?
too buthurt to respond with an actual argument burger.

>i do x everyday
lol degenerate. this could be literally any drug and i'd say the same thing, you're an idiot.

im busy cheking them right now.

life sucks and weed is one of the least destructive ways to make it suck less

>If you smoke weed, you are not white.

I knew Thomas Jefferson wasn't white but I was pretty sure George Washington was

>if youre already prone to mental illnes/aggresion you should not be smoking in the first place.

who are you god? fuck off let people kill themselves however they please

what the fuck does alcohol and tobacco have anything to do with this? Why are weedheads so obsessed with bringing up other drugs?

Internet addition is more devastating to a human than weed prove me wrong

Okay fair enough user, I should have formatted my post better.
>Just like how a teen going and partying every now and then isn't going to ruin their brain and their life, neither will pot.
This isn't always the case, more than 50% of teens today don't believe regular marijuana use is harmful.

nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/regular-marijuana-use-teens-continues-be-concern

Cannabis (marijuana) smoke and tobacco smoke contain many of the same potent carcinogens, but a critical-yet unresolved-medical and public-health issue is whether cannabis smoking might facilitate the development of lung cancer. The current study aimed to assess the risk of lung cancer among young marijuana users.

Our primary finding provides initial longitudinal evidence that cannabis use might elevate the risk of lung cancer. In light of the widespread use of marijuana, especially among adolescents and young adults, our study provides important data for informing the risk-benefit calculus of marijuana smoking in medical, public-health, and drug-policy settings.

ireland i want to ask a qeustion do you read the citations you post?

>This isn't always the case, more than 50% of teens today don't believe regular marijuana use is harmful.

I'd like to point out that maybe marijuana itself isn't harmful at all past a certain age, that does not mean that the marijuana you have was not adulterated in some way specifically pesticides for insect infestation would be something you could understand might happen quite a bit

I wouldn't risk smoking insecticide and I would imagine if you needed marijuana as medicine this wouldn't be too good for you

why are one drugs witch is way more destructive legal and the other banned?

the money is better in the hands of the goverment than a random ghetto nigger.
>why should we stop peole with mental illneses from killing themselves?

are you retarded?

>if youre already prone to mental illnes/aggresion you should not be smoking in the first place.

So you think every person on the planet should be checked for every mental illness ever before they take any drugs? Okay. As long as you pay the billions that would cost.

>are you retarded?

you prefer the state be their parent and look after them?

tell people their life is their own responsibility and if they fuck up it's on them

I don't see a more moral way to approach this

I never said smoking or alcohol was good. Wtf?

>I'd like to point out that maybe marijuana itself isn't harmful at all past a certain age, that does not mean that the marijuana you have was not adulterated in some way specifically pesticides for insect infestation would be something you could understand might happen quite a bit

I agree with you user, and this really was a problem in California for a while(it still might be, I'd have to read up on it further) because when the first medicinal laws were enacted in the 90's there weren't enough regulations in place.

>mental illness

I don't see how it's possible to create an accurate diagnosis of what mental illness is when the doctors appear to me to be mentally ill

Yes. The citation you just quoted found an increased rate of lung cancer in weed smokers. What is your issue with that?

socialism and full freedom doesnt work.

people can only do what the want if the will pay for their own actions.

>tfw might be slower after a year of smoking once a day, 19year old

it helped me get into reading at least

I don't personally see anything wrong with an unregulated market where you might end up smoking insecticide

so long as people are encouraged to take responsibility for their own health and health costs

the rest the market can decide

Yeah I dont know about american doctors but irish doctors are complete morons. They diagnose you with "mental illness" by using 10 part questionnaires and then give you heavy pharmaceutical drugs.

That's not what drug users vote for though. Drug users vote for bigger governments. Legalising drugs = Big government not small government.

actualy this is pretty simple no criminal record no problem.

your illneses chronic illneses are saved on a medical report right its like that atleast here in belguim.

>people can only do what the want if the will pay for their own actions.

exactly, open up the drug counter and sell them fentanyl dirt cheap with no prescription, subsidize the fentanyl instead of the court time

it will work wonders, just like telling people they have to work or stand in line like as asshole at job corps every day, 90% of them start working right away when you do that, all of a sudden they can work again when you make them get their ass out of bed and go to an office once a week they can all of a sudden not be sick anymore and instead prefer to work

what a miracle making it a pain in the ass to collect welfare encourages people to work who would have known

>it's a plant
There is over a million plants that are straight up lethal. And drugs like heroin although processed are all made from plants. "It's a plant" is a stupid arguement.

Do you know what the word "undiagnosed" means?

why should anybody else pay for sombody's mistakes?
the only exeption im willing to make to this rule is when the have a family as the nuclear family and drugs dont go well toghether.

>This sounds correct and familiar.

why does weed make me paranoid and freak out and shake?

Marijuana is a medicine, plain and simple. It was thousands of years ago for humans, and remains that way today. Of course, it can be abused. Nobody likes a person with so little personality they cling to weed as their image. The "war on drugs" was literally just a way to mass incarcerate poor people, and people who dissented wars. No need to continue "Muh REDPILL" discussion to make yourself feel better about being too scared to experiment with a raw plant once or twice in your life. This is seriously one of the worst containment boards on 4chins, I remind myself everytime I visit.

There is not a single known medical benefit of weed.

>why does weed make me paranoid and freak out and shake?
It could be because of a certain strain that you smoked, however, you could also just be more susceptible to paranoia genetically.