Daily reminder that if you have no GOLD and SILVER you are FUCKED

Daily reminder that if you have no GOLD and SILVER you are FUCKED

literally zero percent chance to survive the future, a walking corpse. When you get cucked by fiat enjoy starving.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u-TjLV2d26k

twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not bitcoin
Don't come crying to me when another 49 happens

To be fair, normal prepper stuff comes first, and gold and silver is part of surplus wealth storage.

t. Have a whole bunch of physical gold and silver

I should have clarified this.

PMs come at the end. When you have all your supplies (food, potable water, weapons) then you start stacking a shiny hoard.
If you have none youre fucked though.
also
>shitcoin
lol

>Bitcoin
>EMP

Fucktard.

lead, copper, and salt are actually useful though. It will take some time for the exchanges to start up again.

remember though, you can consume small quantities of gold and silver for their medicinal benefits.

Who is gonna want gold post apocalypse?
If some one trues to give me shiny rocks for my food/ammo they are gonna get told to fuck off

>he fell for the bitcoin jew
user pls

A barter system will not exist forever.

If fiat is fucked bitcoin is fucked.

How is it possible supposed "redpilled" people on Sup Forums can be duped so hard by such an obvious kike scam?

i have silver and i'm losing my ass on it

Thats why you will always be a peasant

explain user

Salt is an oft-overlooked necessity. Fortunately, it's cheap as fuck at the moment and a yuge amount of it takes up no space.

I would caution anybody thinking about the antimicrobial properties of silver to research how to do it right, though.

the people who have a monopoly on essentials and are interested in re-establishing a social order with themselves at the top

I have been building up a collection of silver slowly by going to arcades and throwing in fifty dollars for quarters. You always find a few silver quarters in there.

I have weapons so I'll just take yours, OP.

This worked in the 80s

Trespass on my property uninvited and I'll blow you away.

Why not just stick up on bullets instead?

Kill niggers now

youtube.com/watch?v=u-TjLV2d26k

I would say that comes first. Plus extra weapons are handy if you lose any, need to arm a friend, need to be able to use whatever ammo is available, and they always hold value if you need to sell one.

Ayy lmao! This black man is going full on jewish.

Have fun getting shot in the head.

If you're scared of the nuclear apocalypse, that's probably right. If you're scared about the government debasing fiat (and potentially confiscating gold) to pay for a bankrupt system, it's the opposite.

People don't have enough gold in their houses to make it worthwhile trying to confiscate. At best they might go through bank deposit boxes per the PATRIOT act or something, but I don't know if what they'd find would be worth the expense of searching.

Maybe they might seize depositories?

>In a world where the government is confiscating gold you will be able to get through life on digifiat just dine

wew

>Daily reminder that if you have no GOLD and SILVER you are FUCKED
>literally zero percent chance to survive the future, a walking corpse. When you get cucked by fiat enjoy starving.
Can't you just live inawood and grow your own vegetables and raise farm animals? Who the fuck needs money if you live like a fucking medieval villager?

Who needs gold when you got maple syrup.

gold is fiat as well, it's only a shiny yellow metal after all. It's value is the value that we as a society have given it.
If we're talking post-apocalypic "currency" then we're talking guns/bullets, food, water, gasoline, textiles, etc. actual useful stuff.

Not if you don't already live that way. Some backup money is good anyway in case you need something you don't have and nobody needs more eggs or a potato or whatever.

Hobby farming or hobby gardening is redpilled, though. If supply lines get too disrupted, being able to get some of your own produce could be an important part of good nutrition so you don't get sick.

I'm plat 2 you cunt

>Gold is fiat

Its unreal to be how fucking retarded Sup Forums is when you guys try to front like you know everything.

>implying crop seeds aren't going to be the real currency and precious metals are going to be worthless if we actually have a habidding

Don't forget that gasoline spoils. If you want to store fuel, you'll be wanting to gear yourself around diesel or similar.

>Its unreal to be how fucking retarded Sup Forums is
*me

literally a "virtual currency" you "invest in" that "literally" nobody uses except b-but muh deepweb
no

>we're talking post-apocalypic "currency" then we're talking guns/bullets

Bullets will be the currency of the apocalypse

Thank you, dude's an idiot. I'm hitting Walgreens

>Not if you don't already live that way.
Well, obviously I don't since I have internet, but I do have a home garden and know how to raise farm animal and hunt wild ones, I would be fine.

Also, who needs to trade when you live in a post-collapse society? Just go murder-bone and take what you need from the weak.

I've been looking to invest into gold for a while now

What are the benefits? Where do I buy things like gold? Are there any taxes on it?

>Daily reminder that if you have no BTC and ETH you are FUCKED

>What are the benefits?
It's value does not fluctuate nearly as much as fiat currencies.
>Where do I buy things like gold?
Legally? In banks.>Are there any taxes on it?
Probrably.

Well, if we consider something like Argentina's first devaluation, which was 3:1, we see that it was not an all-out happening. Major cities and isolated farmsteads turned out to be the most vulnerable.

Smaller settlements had collective security, set up markets, etc.

>Reads about fiat, shits his pants and posts on Sup Forums
Are you in for a surprise when you find out that everyone dies.

Too much colloidal silver, and you start turning into a smurf.

you can't eat gold and if you think I will give you food for gold, you are a fool.

It's not about buying a coffee. Credit cards work pretty well for that. It's the convenience of PayPal with the anonymity of a Swiss bank account. You can send a million dollars out of the country for $1 in fees, without anybody knowing. While you may not see the utility in that, I promise you some Chinese billionaires disagree.

It takes quite a lot to do that, though. Hence the need to know what you're doing so you don't do something braindead like start taking your silver to bench grinder and treating the shavings like a daily protein shake.

You dont, its useless and retarded, nobody needs gold, even in the case of a economic crisis, since recoveries happen fast

Good investments is buying real estate and big chunks of land, anything else is stupid

>Sees band of men with guns
>"I have gold and silver"
>Becomes target
>Men with guns now have gold, silver, guns, bullets, everything you own, your wife, and children
>rot in the sun

Okay.

>Well, if we consider something like Argentina's first devaluation, which was 3:1, we see that it was not an all-out happening.
Yes, but that is NOT an all out economic collapse.
>Smaller settlements had collective security, set up markets, etc.
I would just call my drug dealer friends that have a shitload of guns and become raiders. We would go around killing, stealing, raping and pillaging these smaller settlements you mentioned, and we would win because they are literally bloodthristy criminals.

That is the advantage of having criminals as friends.

>when Sup Forums is extremely poor and bitter that they have no PM
>all these mad max larping faggots

Yes prease buy more bitcoin

You can always just hide the money under your matress instead of trusting some "internet" money that randomly changes its value by the minute by massive amounts

>It's the convenience of PayPal with the anonymity of a Swiss bank account. You can send a million dollars out of the country for $1 in fees, without anybody knowing.

Saps like you are so fucking stupid its shocking.

trudat. If you're in a good gang, you'd pobably be in pretty good shape to raid for a living.

Although you'd have to ask yourself about turf wars with other gangs, if the locals mind organize to route you, and all the rest of the internal drama that comes from gansta life.

I do hope you realise that gold is one of the most useless material on earth. Except for some cable informatic stuff.

Gold has value only if people give it value...it's not like food / steel / wood / iron or other things that are actually always useful

>someone who has a gold hoard doesnt have single piece of food as well

all you poorfags need to fuck off

Shouldn't be any sales tax. If the price goes up and you sell, it's capital gains like any other asset (although if it's physical gold you could get away with going off the books). Mainly, watch out for obscene markups from gold companies.

If you want to speculate on gold, you can just buy an ETF online. If you want some hard money in case SHTF, old school (1964 and older) silver coins are probably a better option. For barter purposes, even a small gold coin would be way too valuable.

>Although you'd have to ask yourself about turf wars with other gangs
Organized crime mate, the same faction controls my entire state and the neighbooring states as well.
>if the locals mind organize to route you

What you think this is, USA? Only criminals, police, soldiers and some private security forces have guns in my country, the criminals being the ones with most guns. The locals would not have a chance yielding pitchforks against real guns.
>and all the rest of the internal drama that comes from gansta life.
Would be better than the drama of being one of the villagers that are getting raided.

The New Kekistani $14 bill

Too many mad max faggots in this thread

One of the stranger things that happened in Argentina was that paper became valuable to the point that a small industry evolved of searching for scraps of it in the cities. I'm not sure if they were burning it or what.

Side effect: books became ridiculously valuable. All that paper, and also a much-needed source of entertainment.

But if you're going to diversify savings, there's a pretty solid history of gold being something people believe they'll be able to turn around and trade for something else. Certainly, you might want somebody's woodpile for heat or something, but that's hard to loot. Whereas if you saw a lighter, a bottle of booze, or some jewelry, you'd undoubtedly pocket these things.

Sounds like a big enough faction that it would become the de facto government. Connections: always highly valuable investments.

Yep, that shiny metal will do me a lot of good because it's definitely going to be more useful than guns, food and ammunition. I would personally love to trade all my food for some uncommon metal. Money only has value in societies that function.

Please, tell me more about how the $1,000 I invested in 2015 was stupid. We can all learn from your sage advice.

>tfw bought ethereum

After shit goes down the survivors will build up again. When that time comes gold will be an ideal currency. If food suddenly becomes more easily acquired people are going to want more than the basics. Gold will be what is used to trade come that time.

Yeah what a dumb fuck right? It's only over 2k atm. Lol what a dummy

Pretty much this, if your country ever would go through a economic crisis, people in your country would just trade their currency for a stable foreign currency. I still believe investing in real estate is far better and more practical, cause even if it does get devalued in the case of a economic crisis, you can always live in it or rent it and still make a profit, gold doesn't do that for you, gold isn't a stable currency, your gold could be devalued just before you bought it and now your gold is 2x less worth than before. And what if you need that gold in a month or something because your in such a big pinch and need it literally to survive but its still worth less than when you bought it?

>Sounds like a big enough faction that it would become the de facto government.
Well, my country is very big, just like the USA, a single criminl faction controls several states but not all of them. There are other criminal factions, but they are allied. This would likely change if society collapses, but it is likely that conflicts between factions would happen in the border zones between factions, im right in the center of the controlled territory of the one im talking about.

If anything my life would become much more interesting, being able to be a blood thirsty savage and spending my days raping, killing and pillaging everything I come across.

"there's a pretty solid history of gold being something people believe they'll be able to turn around and trade for something else"

Yes, but is it going to continue forever ? I was talking about a possible fall
Is our society going to fall like Sup Forums predicts it because of Kek chaos powers ?

I know how to obtain food.

Money is just a means to an end.

When it ceases being such, I will cease dealing with it.

>you need gold for apocalypse
>but not an actual apocalypse
So I am fine with fiat then? Wtf is your point?

Over a billion dollars in transactions are made in one day with bitcoin. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Bitcoin is a Japanese creation you retard

>Sup Forums is one person

You are truly retarded.

>2017
>isn't stacking Pb deep

Can you refute what user posted?

bubble has burst, lads

Gold and silver have zero intrinsic value. Bitcoin is only worth as much drugs as you can buy with it.

This.

>gold and silver have value.
If the prostitutes don't clean you out first...

Pay me for my skills, food, and weapons.

Or you could, you know, get some fucking land and just grow your food. Try eating your gold when the food supply gets disrupted retard.

I like it, gets my approval. When can we switch to "white-coin"? maybe "Honor-notes"? how about "Pride-bucks"? just throwing out some possible names.
Seriously start printing out some of these to pass around. like they do in "lib-tard" "ancap" communities for local businesses. seems to work out for them,

somebody post those pictures of the gold bars being cut open to reveal iron inside

just a quick "jewgle" search:
http:// content.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1903632,00.html
paulglover.org/currencybook.html
https:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_community_currencies_in_the_United_States
https:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_currency
https:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_currency
For US by US, ONLY!

They use tungsten for that, and that's why government-minted coins are the better bet. A whole bar is kind of a lot to liquidate all at once unless you're wheeling and dealing at a level where you have other ways of not having to worry about fakes.

I'll b ok OP i got one of these lying around

Fiat money is backed by nothing and has an unlimited supply because you literally decide its value. Gold is limited in availability and thus has a value determined by how much is around and how much labour is required to collect more. Gold is also an incredibly versatile metal that is used in a lot of things people don't take notice of and because of that it has a practical use. Unlike fiat money. That's the basic gist of it.
Do you want to run it back to me just so I know you understand?

>If food suddenly becomes more easily acquired people are going to want more than the basics

Right, and the people who grow rich and powerful will be the ones who control the production of food, not the ones who have a few ounces of gold

I sold some bitcoins @2400$ and bought 6x 1kg silver bullions. Feels good senpai.

I have a bunch of silver nickels, not for prepping but because I imagine it's price is going to skyrocket soon.

I hope you mean 90%. I wouldn't go around looking for 40% war nickels unless you found a hell of a deal on them.