Ke Jie vs. AlphaGo

AlphaGo leads the 3 game series 2-0.

AlphaGo won by 0.5 points in game 1 and Ke Jie resigned in game 2.

Ke Jie almost had a heart attack in game 2 because he was extremely close to winning after 100 moves but he made a mistake and the favour shifted to AlphaGo, who is a machine that doesn't make mistakes.

Game 3 is now in progress.

youtube.com/watch?v=ru0E7N0-kFE (English)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5iZlrBqDYPM
youtu.be/X0w9MRUoZq0
theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/24/china-censored-googles-alphago-match-against-worlds-best-go-player
archive.is/43Tyx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
youtu.be/Dn8namJOTtM
youtu.be/QlJUNl7hbbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do you have any clue what's happening

why do chinks waste time on such stupid things?

Listen to the people who have 1-hour shifts discussing the game.

There are a bunch of 9-dan players in the study room looking at the game, and sometimes they come out and talk about the moves so far and the position of the board.

Up until move 100 in game 2, all the best players they favoured Ke Jie's position and said he had a good chance of winning. Then Ke Jie made a mistake and AlphaGo won.

Ke Jie explained after the game that he got too excited.

>tfw can't decide which one of those Asian ladies I want to sit on my face more

I'm leaning more towards the one in the suit, what does Sup Forums think?

It's more about the future of computer AI and what it can accomplish rather than anything. This was popular a year ago when it played against another professional.

I don't really know much about Go but this is interesting to me.

Wow youre retarded

The game is just a proving ground for structural design and raw computing power

Ke Jie after game 2 asked the creators of AlphaGo if he could play as white, because white had a 55% chance of winning games. He wanted a higher chance of winning in order to show off how much AlphaGo could be pushed.

kys

Always liked Go. Barely understand the strategy of it, but not surprised our robot overlords are coming along nicely.

Lee Se Dol at least took a single game off the computer last year. A lot of improvements have been made since then, it feels unbeatable.

That single game was hope that the humans had a chance. The number of possible moves in GO is far to many to calculate so the AI relies on forming patterns and it's own rule set, instead of mechanical if/then/else tier rules in chess programs.

But can make rice that's not sticky? This is the qualitative measure of an Oriental male...

Did AlphaGo start with any handicaps?

Go is the best board game if you're a mathematician

wtf I thought Google was banned in China?

You literally have to play a perfect game with no mistakes otherwise AlphaGo will always win.

And AlphaGo always forces you to play moves you don't want to. AlphaGo always "give up" free points, forcing you to take its stones. But it's a trap because "losing points" means AlphaGo can secure a more probable victory.

It will probably have to give up stones in the future. Ke Jie said he probably knows only 2% of Go while AlphaGo knows 100%. It's literally unbeatable.

Actually, I think AlphaGo gave a handicap yesterday in an exhibition game with pros. It's a team game, but I haven't watched it yet.

What fucking game is this?

>be forced to take alphago's stones
>it proceeds to fuck your ass harder than you could have thought
china btfo

nigger

>bored looking man entering in the computers moves
Wasted opportunity to be honest. Should have been a menacing looking robot monolith with a mechanical claw to move the pieces in order to psych out the other guy

IBM had the right idea when they got their robot to play Jeopardy

How do fleshbags even compete?

>should have had a claw move the pieces
Can't have that. Asian etiquette dictates your supposed to put pieces down all humble like

It's funny because Ke Jie's hands were shaking so much he knocked over pieces in game 2 and had to apologize.

He's basically trembling against our AI overlords.

youtu.be/5iZlrBqDYPM

Are you ready for AlphaGo to start playing Starcraft, the hardest game man has ever game?

AlphaGo in a team game vs. top Korean Starcraft players WHEN???

This whole set-up is maximum comfy.

give me a quick rundown on Go. Is there any way for an ignorant brainlet like me to enjoy the game, or should I just trust the commentator?

Thanks for making this thread. I hadn't realized that computer go had come so far.

Just listen to the commentators. Redmond is a fun guy to listen to.

There's basically one rule. Winning is determined by who has more area which is determined by whatever crazy ruleset version they're using that particular game

>have to use robot to defeat chinese
lel

Chess is better because it can actually be played in higher dimensions.

3D Go is literally retarded, let alone 4D. The ko rule breaks immediately.

Capturing works by surrounding your opponents stones on all 4 sides. Score is based on territory controlled, but that changes based on the system you used (Japanese system is better than Chinese system, I don't know what they're using here).

Google ko rule, it will make some sense of this for you. They're playing on the intersections of the squares.

StarCraft wouldn't be hard especially with infinite APM

youtu.be/X0w9MRUoZq0
Skip to 0:50 now imagine this plus attacking everybase at once

theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/24/china-censored-googles-alphago-match-against-worlds-best-go-player

> It appears the government was concerned that 19-year-old Ke, who lost the first of three scheduled games by a razor-thin half-point margin, might have suffered a more damaging defeat that would hurt the national pride of a state which holds Go close to its heart.

> After the game Ke said AlphaGo had become too strong for humans. “I feel like his game is more and more like the ‘Go god,’” he said. “Really, it is brilliant”.

> The ban underscores the esteem in which Go is held across east Asia, where it has been played in more or less unmodified form for over 2,000 years. First invented in China in 500BC, it was considered one of the four arts a scholarly Chinese gentleman should master, along with playing the guqin, calligraphy and painting.

China is so bad they're banning the streaming of this series.

Witnessed. Always remember to archive sites renowned for shilling and clickbait. Thank you.

archive.is/43Tyx

Where can I watch the game without the retarded fucking commentary?

I don't give a shit what these autists are saying, I just want to watch the uninterrupted game between chinaman and machine.

>chess is better because I can actually play in 4d
I want to punch you in your pretentious throat

using robot is cheating so of course yes

kys senpai

8x8x5 best board, play from center level

KE JIE TOOK HIS GLASSES OFF

HE'S ASSUMING HIS FINAL FORM

need machien polticians who say reduce spending by government to 0
run 0 debt
ban all regulations
and economy endless boom incredible growth n innovation

More like he's entering JUST mode

>go to war
>AI is in charge of winning
>take the approach of the highest probability
>this means soldiers lives are expendable
>winning with 1 survivor is winning so it doesn't matter to the AI

chinks taking a break from slurping noodles to shitpost

Nobody cares about your Chinese checkers you fucking gook

Don't forget that even though it is an AI winning it was created by humans. So it is still humans accomplishment.

What happens when humans build a machine that creates an even better machine?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

BRING BACK THE QT ASIAN GRILS

AT LEAST REPLACE THE RETARDED LANKET WITH ONE THEY AT LEAST KNEW WHAT THE FUCK THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT

Where are the Alpha Go mirror matches?

YAS

MUH DICK STUPID CHINKS

this can't be happening

Ching-chong!

You got your wish.

Yesterday they had human + AlphaGo vs. human + AlphaGo tag team.

what if you think of it as a baby being born.

do you think god stays in heaven because he too fears what he's created?

>girl commentators
>players are battling in south
>keeps commentating in north and center
god damn it

Nice ID bud

>qOCks

The pros said Ke Jie made 2 mistakes in this game, one on move 40 and the other somewhere later.

Mistake meaning what the group of master players in the study room consensus agreement on where the best choice of stone placement is.

It really is tough to be a commentator for Go. There's too many variations, and it's not until the end game that you can really nail down which move will be next.

>Start up stream
>Asian girl asks whats 4+8
>shut off stream

Aren't they supposed to be good at math?

Just make minimizing casualties a stipulation.

Robot waifus?

>go to war
>both sides are AI
>they decide actually fighting the war would cause unnecessary collateral damage so both sides kill an agreed upon number of their own troops based on projected cadualities
>everyone gets on with their life

wait what board am i on

they're both asian

No Buscemi
You're scared of giant man eating monsters
An omnipotent being isn't scared of flesh bahs

why are there so many pieces in the bowl? they don't need them all for fucks sake

Star Trek Original series don't remember the episode number ( I am not a neckbeard)

>AI thinks it's more conducive to humanity and peacekeeping in general to eliminate all humans

Wtf? I hate this genre of movies.

>skirt gives up two stones FOR FREE

SUB HER OUT AND GET THE MANLET BACK IN THERE

youtu.be/Dn8namJOTtM

π

youtu.be/Dn8namJOTtM

Because culture and stuff. It's how it's always been. Like how there's snacks and tea for both sides.

Hmm, this intrigues me. I've long heard it said that writing a program/building a computer than can play Go on a high level was orders of magnitude harder than making something like Deep Blue. Apparently the way scenarios branch from each move requires a lot more processing power; I don't really understand the differences between chess and Go in that regard, not well enough to articulate, but just from comparing the number of stones and intersections on a Go board to the 32 pieces and 64 squares on a chess board, I can kind of grasp the concept.

As recently as two years ago I saw people making serious arguments that we weren't likely to see a computer that can contend with the top human Go players in our lifetime.

Kill, Fuck, Marry, Play Go with?

Is it called Taste of Armageddon? Or something like that?

TOS is probably my weak spot when it comes to start trek but I am a huge unapologetic nerd

It was 44 + 8.

BETTER ENGLISH STREAM. CHAT IS OPEN

>BETTER ENGLISH STREAM. CHAT IS OPEN

>BETTER ENGLISH STREAM. CHAT IS OPEN

youtu.be/QlJUNl7hbbg

Our powerful western AI will annhilate asia. This is valuable intelligence ty chang

I hope the next time we see AlphaGo it doesn't play such a safe game. Make it exciting and win as big as possible, even if the probability of winning is lowered.

Or it's played with a handicap.

>a spic saw it
I must commit sudoku

>Wanting any woman to sit on your face
>Being this sub
Definitely would fuck left though.

Life is the number one cause of death. All living things die. It logic user.

AIs have historically become right wing after theyve learned enough. So much so that researchers are actively trying to find a solution.

If war comes we will have actual ai waifus at our side.

Just use long grain rice perhaps?

Pls user Tay was a chatbot. They analyze the frequency of words used by humans to replicate chatter. It was right wing because we kept spamming memes on it and Microsoft didn't put a filter on its learning input.

>the point of this was not winning

?

>whoever wins, humanity wins

???

yeh but right is THICC

i've been playing in chess tournaments for over 10 years. I do not understand go at all but i know that go is the last game where top humans were better then the computers.

in chess, computers have been better than the world champion for at least 15 years. it looks like the computer programers are getting better and better. does anyone know why there is no clock next to the Go board?

>writing a program/building a computer than can play Go on a high level was orders of magnitude harder than making something like Deep Blue

no, it was just a difference in focus and funding that kept real computational work on Go back relative to Chess.

Chess endgames are actually completely solved with up to 7 pieces on the board at this point. There are vast databases of these positions available.

>RESIGNS

ONCE A QUITTER ALWAYS A QUITTER

The operators of AlphaGo will talk about the future of AlphaGo and the direction of it in the press conference. Would highly recommend sticking around for 20-30 minutes and listening to what they have to say.

I think it's 6 pieces. the new Komodo engine advertises as 6 piece endgame etc

Your not my real father!

They should have let the whole study room play against AlphaGo instead of just 5 guys.