Americans/Canadians, how do you cope with living in an architectural wasteland?

Americans/Canadians, how do you cope with living in an architectural wasteland?

Everyday you walk around a sterile scenery surrounded by gyprock, plywood and vinyl sided McMansions. Shrubs, empty lawns, cheap materials, concrete blocks and parking spaces. Devoid of meaning, inspiration, devotion, tradition or life.

Is it bleak? Or is it like a blind man that never experienced vision in the first place?

Other urls found in this thread:

thehouseplanshop.com/062h-0064.php
google.si/maps/@46.5644558,15.6504718,3a,75y,307.15h,89.85t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0b_NwljYeitu43_5rd0Nug!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
google.si/maps/@46.5656988,15.651153,3a,75y,265.9h,85.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sq1p1YFIlyk7m8xVKUSrCIw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Is it bleak?
More like grotesque. People buy those houses to because they are loaded with a checklist of value items. Same mentality as a diabetic loading up with an extra-large pop for the road because it is free. Looking at value purely quantitatively.

It just make me rage desu
There's no reason for these unsightly neighborhoods to exist. Very pretty towns have already been built in both our countries so there's no good excuse.

Moreover, there's so much natural beauty in north america that even a collection of not obnoxious homes would be passable.

I live in Arizona so our repetitive architecture employs different materials

Checkmate atheists.

Not everyone lives in the suburbs and not all suburbs look the same. I live about 40 minutes outside of a city and choose to commute that far every day so I can live in a cabin that was built in the 1800s but has been modernized on the inside. My home has more character than a majority of eurofag houses.

>YWN live as /comfy/ as me

Suburbs are comfy and not crowded, and typically centrally located so I can visit whatever I want.

>unironically jerking off over balloon framing, wood shakes, and gambrelshit

>everything looks like the suburbs

>how do you cope with living in an architectural wasteland
I built my own house, fag.
thehouseplanshop.com/062h-0064.php

>People buy those houses to because they are loaded with a checklist of value items
Very much this. People are too afraid to live where they WANT to live and to create their own value. People laughed at me wanting to buy and renovate a 200 year old cabin, but not only do I have my own little paradise, if I ever sell I'm going to make a fuck load more than I bought and put into renovations.

There's always a faggot like you, but at the end of the day almost anything beats the modern suburbs. At least there is character in those buildings. They fit in with our history and remind that there is something more to aspire to than a wasteland of immigrants and financial profit

That's very nice, but the average person does not live there. The average person lives in a disconnected, boring suburban wasteland.

There's a whole world out there beyond the suburbs, no one forces you to live in those little cookie cutter "villages." The country is full of awesome properties either ready to go, ready to build on or ready to renovate.

>Devoid of meaning, inspiration, devotion, tradition or life.
If the exterior of houses is where you have to find that shit, you kinda sound like a spiritually bankrupt pseudo-intellectual.

Yes, yes everyone should live in a log cabin. Your log cabins aren't ideal- they're just better than the suburbs.

I can't imagine not living in a medieval city centre. Pic related, my home.

Not particularly pretty or even interesting. I suppose it's not displeasing,at least.

Max comfy

Who the fuck said it has to be a log cabin? The US is huge and there's a shit load of places to live and build outside of the suburbs. You need to get out more.

whatchu got against shrubs? NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Definitely not the prettiest town in the world, but just last time on a walk I was thinking how I take the sight of absolutely anywhere I go of hundreds of years old architecture for granted. I'm not one of those who hates the US, but US can not offer this type of living.

I'm literally living on a small halfisland behind a medieval wall my man.

But that's not culture. It does nothing to further tradition or build a better community. It's just less hideous than whatever else is available.

How does wood last 200 years.. wtf? Arent you afraid of it all falling apart?

Right? Europeans know what's up.

Looks comfy af user. This is my city. Everytime we see these wastelands after a hurricane in the usa and you see these destroyed houses made out of wood and paper i have to laugh.

Aesthetics and the contemplation thereof is the truest calling of human action. Aesthetics of thought, of building, of speaking, of acting. Without it, we lose that trancendence and succumb to the role of automata, of drones; worse than insects. To aspire to aesthetic perfection is to manifest the natural world we are a part of. Some call that God.

>wow look at that pretty building

I'm always curious as how the rest of the world copes with having little to no natural diversity. What kind of climate do you like? What kind of terrain do you like? You can drive there.

i live in a rural area but it is boring nothing but flat land and cotton/corn/wheat fields

>character

this is a buzzword attempting to bypass the fact that you spent three times as much for a property with a 20 minute fire rating, wet and dry rot, and retarded deed restrictions.

>200+ year old cabin
>civil war graveyard back in the woods not far off my acreage
>graveyard with tombstones dating back to the late 1600s next to that one
>People lived a frontier-tier life here
>Not tradition, history or culture
Go live in Europe then you whiny faggot. We don't have cities dating back 1000 years in the US, though we do have plenty of cities with their own unique culture, history and architecture going back to the 18th century.

this looks comfy but haunted i bet they are expensive though

>Empty lawns
There's barely any empty space in mine.
Don't be lazy and put do something to fill the space and it won't look bleak.

How do you maintain 200 year old wood?

Vunderbar!

My yard is pretty much a nature preserve inside a neighborhood.

Cope with what? I live in a nice stone house with a back yard and trees n shit.

When I got my comcast hooked up, the dude had to go stand on a hill so that his phone could cause the router to download all the whatever to work.

>this is a buzzword
Then respond to the rest of the post and not the buzzword.
>our ugly houses are nice and safe
lel
I could say the same about the dirt surrounding the cabin.
>Go live in Europe then you whiny faggot.
People like you are the reason we haven't reached our potential. Every reasonable improvement- and the founders themselves actually desired better architecture and beautiful communities-is met with this shitty memeposting
>hurr u wan abetter country? just leave

Yuropooors, how can you stand living in a place that has no garage, no back yard, nowhere to plant a garden, and with 20 other people on the other side of your walls?

I'll take a soulless suburban house over apartment or townhouse living any day.

The emptiest part of my yard, and it's going to be filled in with almost 10 new trees.

Which ghetto neighborhood do you live in?

I can go from Alps to seaside within a 2 hour drive. Can you?

I definitely was, which is why I had it thoroughly inspected before buying and planning renovations. It was built extraordinarily well and even in the 1800s they knew how to treat wood and build a foundation that would last. A majority of my work has been interior, the rest is just getting the existing structure inspected, the exterior facing wood re-treated and getting stuff like central air, gas and telecomms routed/installed. I paid a fuck load to have underground fiber optic branched off to my property, luckily the main line was not TOO far off my acreage up towards an interstate.

Mainly exterior treatment by professionals. I don't know the exact science of it, but the contractor I use came highly recommended.

>but haunted
Hahaha, I get that vibe occasionally given the colonial and civil war era history around these parts, but I ain't afraid of no ghost.

Show me where you live and what you have contributed personally. No one does this for you, you do it yourself. I've done my part to preserve some culture and history of the US by undertaking this cabin project. Go fuck yourself you whiny little faggot.

>implying this was any better

Chickens!!! :)

It's about an 8 hour drive to to sea. I don't really like the sea anyway, and I don't think most people understand the quality of sand and waves I'm talking about. Maybe 2000 miles to the mountains.

And all of it in my funcar. feelsprettygoodman.

Damnnn.. that real? No my real question is would they be all the same price

why would it not be more efficient and arguably more pleasant to have more compact complexes for living space and a shared recreational area?

it's not like any of those yards are functional or provide any privacy, they're just big enough to say "i have a yard"

You know how big europe is right?

jesus that picture is depressing looking

All of the UN Agenda 21 faggots will be hanged on the day of the rope.

i could never live in something with windows like that

he is an idiot for killing the alpha guardian rooster

Americans have nature too? Wew

Im too poor to figure out how a guy would clean them. Telescopic squeegy?

No user, you know nothing, just like Jon Snow. Here you go, living in a medieval city centre, a house with private garage, huge backyard, overviewing the city park (named one of the best parks in Europe a couple of years back).

google.si/maps/@46.5644558,15.6504718,3a,75y,307.15h,89.85t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0b_NwljYeitu43_5rd0Nug!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

One street parallel - houses on each side, forest and park within 5 minutes of walking distance.

google.si/maps/@46.5656988,15.651153,3a,75y,265.9h,85.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sq1p1YFIlyk7m8xVKUSrCIw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Cool my man, but I can go to seaside, alps or karst in a matter of 1-2 hours. This is more biodiversity than most of US can offer in it's entirety.

And how small Germany is.

this is a house that jamal goes to cuck the husband

Why would they all be the same price? they might be close when just built, but how well the occupants have kept up the house/renovations would change value

>Cool my man, but I can go to seaside, alps or karst in a matter of 1-2 hours.
So can anyone in Washington. And he doesn't have to live in a country whose average iq is trash tier, either.

Also:
>expensive
I paid $175k for the cabin and the 12 acres it sits on. Even better it's tucked up next to a national forest so I'm surrounded by TONS of undeveloped acreage and nature. I'm going to be about another $150k into it in renovations when everything is just how I want it.

Total: $325k
Just had it appraised and it is at $400k.
By the time I'm done and if the day comes I want to sell, I'm pretty sure I could make an easy $150k on this investment in the relatively near future, even more extending out. I fucking love it here though and so does my fiance. Part of the reason we're hesitant to think about kids at this point, because that's when we'd probably end up needing to move.

u wot m8

why in the name of fuck is that fun size art project tier piece of shit 800,000 dollars

Yeah but thanks to the eu i travel through diverent countries. Cultures and nature as fast as you through your own searching for a nice place.

Can I ask a question in all seriousness

What is life like there for 20 somethings? Is it as bad as it is in the USA where if you want to move out you face almost all of your paychecks being cucked over to muh programs and taxes or can you get an apartment and have some money to pick up slags at a bar and make use of the apartment ?

chicken!! :)

what state you live in and is it Michigan?

No idea why you have to be insulting. We have an average IQ of 99 and are year by year top 10 PISA performers.

Pic related, superior IQ burgers pay thousands to see this, whereas I can go there daily.

Is there bass in that puddle?

Please come visit the US. The biodiversity will make your head spin.

I'm serious. It's so fukkin goddamn big you can't see all the neat things even if you plan five road trips. But if you want to hang out on the beach, I can recommend a number of beaches with good sand. I love when the weather gets nasty and you have to ride the waves with nothing but your naked body and you hope your swimshorts don't get torn off or full of sand and rocks.

the picture I posted is lake tahoe which is half in california, so yes, I can. I can also be in desert mountain ranges in less time than that as tahoe is half in nevada which are amazing for horseback riding, hiking, and going out to the middle of nowhere to shoot guns and have a bonefire ;)

I cope with it by owning 3 Homes before I turned 25 which I rent out for 3k a month, sitting on my ass with very little government or taxes in my way. And no boss. Ever.

Wasn't even hard to do and my family is poor white trash.

tfw poorfag and you are rich compared to me

>how do you cope with living in an architectural wasteland
Checked, I don't have to deal with that shit I'm in the countryside
>pic related my yard in February
Also if you like old architecture (and have money) there are a few places in Canada you could move to, (old)Quebec City, parts of Ottawa/Hull, Montreal, maybe Kingston (but it's SJW central now)

>This is more biodiversity than most of US can offer in it's entirety.
non-american education ladies and gentlemen

Obviously you've never been to Europe. Not saying there is no beautiful nature in the US, but Europe definitely has its share too.

Americans think the rest of the world lives in a desert.

>Puddle
Don't talk to me or my wife's pond ever again. No bass, but some smaller fish. Also turtles. Also there's a beaver that's always swimming around in there and hanging out, he's friendly as fuck and my dog and him have become buddies at this point.

Virginia, so no, not Michigan.

>Pic related, superior IQ burgers pay thousands to see this, whereas I can go there daily.
And you pay thousands to come here, but I can visit daily. What is your point? That proximity exists?

Day in and day out, Europeans post the most ignorant shit I've ever read. Post something worth reading and I won't feel like hurting your feelings.

Nice projection kiddo

Very jelly desu

Too many muslims. It hurts me that I might have gone on a few visits but it was deemed too dangerous.

I had more fun in 3rd world countries.

i hate it OP, i really do

Yes, and a good deal of your great EU could fit in texas.

that looks like a very pooly put together log cabin
pretty sure you want as little chinking as possible

even our zoos are free

You'd be surprised just how quick your life can change. I'm no rich fag by any means, just saved up and chased my dream.

we build shit out of wood because we didn't rape all our forests

I love these threads

germany is nice i lived there when i was young in bamberg for five or six years

leafed

It's 200+ years old. It's foundationally and structurally solid as a rock with no rot to speak of. I fell in love with the character of it's warped look, very frontier feeling.

Holy shit that's literally my uncles house. Wow. And it's not in the Midwest, those fuckin liars.

In Maribor, extremely good. You don't have to have any school, just learn German and you will make ~1500€ netto a month for doing basic jobs over the border in Austria. This is enough money to EASILY buy your own real estate and live like a king. As a STEM post grad, I'm 28 and already own 2 real estate in the city centre. Life is comfy as fuck to the max to the power of bazillion. If you're the poor slob who can't learn german or finish any school, you're fucked. Like everywhere else.

Of course anons, I know US is beautiful in terms of biodiversity, no doubt about it! I'm just saying for such a small country, we have A LOT. But Slovenia is too small to even count as a city in US terms, of course we can not compete with that. But in relative terms, considering our size, I'd say we have more. In relative!

t. not cherrypicked source
Its like me taking a pic of some slav shithole and promoting it as all of europe

how's the heating bill in the winter?

To me living here is more depressing than living in a suburb. At least I have a fucking backyard and don't share the walls with my neighbor.