Trump said that Germany was “very bad” on trade and vowed to do something about it

So hold on there, Americans. I thought you like successful people, no? Now being competitive is "very bad"???

How the mighty have fallen...

Other urls found in this thread:

ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/measures.jsp?Lang=en&Taric=8703&GoodsText=&Domain=TARIC&MeasText=&Offset=0&Area=US&ShowMatchingGoods=&ExpandAll=&callbackuri=CBU-0&LangDescr=&SimDate=20170527
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well you see what he meant was-

actually sorry hes just a retard

America first.
A novel idea for a US president apparently.
This is why democrats lost.

democrats lost because they didn't put their resources in the right places and because they nominated the most brazenly corrupt and polarizing politicians to run against the GOP's.

Nah, being competitive isn't bad, just understand we now have to either outcompete you or destroy you. Maybe we'll flood Europe with cheap cars that all your new "europeans" will buy, just have to get the marketing right.

Germany BTFO

>Maybe we'll flood Europe with cheap cars that all your new "europeans" will buy,
Produced in Mexico?

American car workers demand 50 dollars an hour and all kinds of goodies to work through their (((unions))).

An American budget car produced in America that can be internationally competitive is truly impossible. Germany knows this, which is why we only produce premium cars in Germany.

>whats automatization
Are you stuck in the 70ies?

Germany has a tax on US car imports while the other way around there's no tax on German car imports.
Trump wants to force Germany to take down these taxes or he'll cripple Germanys imports the same way.
The EU btw also has a tax that kind of works like an import tax vs the US and that's the VAT.
European companies who often sell cars to other European companies get this VAT refunded, while US companies who try to sell anything to these companies will not.
If Germany wants to be competitive it should be on an equal playing field, but you'll see them instead fighting for protectionism while denying publicly that the US should have the right to protectionism.

Pride goeth before fall Kraut. Don't get comfy.

trump is not a smart man

Ahahahaha
Fuck Germany.

Drumpf is a bumbling moron and will be impeached soon enough if he doesn't flee to Russia.

America does not know how to automize... also because their unions trash machines if they replace workers.
>Germany has a tax on US car imports
Only the EU can levy tarriffs on foreign goods. Germany cannot levy a penny on US cars. The EU uses the WTO tariffs, the same ones that the US uses on EU cars.

Inform yourself before posting bs.

It would be deliciously ironic if we got in a trade war and Drumpf shut down German auto factories in S.C. and Tennessee where his voters work. Stupid crackers lol

he has to stay and get butt fucked in prison.

>If Germany wants to be competitive it should be on an equal playing field
You know if they had an equal playing field they wouldn't be very competitive and that's exactly why they are doing it and that's exactly why the EU is structured like that. Protectionism so the germans can profit from ther EU countries and literally press the very last bit out of them. The EU kinda works like a door to a room with one huge guy in it with a few little children and weak bullies. The door is shut and noone can disturb the Big guy fucking everyone up. I thank god every day that we are not a part.

To give you an example, Germany mandates import taxes to be at least 17%, in some cases (with imports from China) it can go up to 65%.
Then the EU mandates ALL EU countries to have a VAT with at least 15%, Germanys VAT is 19% though.
So you'll have to pay 36% minimum to import some shit into Germany.

Is that kind of trade fair in your view? A Trumpian 35% import tax would absolutely be in order.

>It would be deliciously ironic if we got in a trade war and Drumpf shut down German auto factories in S.C. and Tennessee where his voters work. Stupid crackers lol

Your constitution outlaws the closure of US factories on US soil owned by US companies, even if the ultimate shareholder is German.

Look it up.

You cannot even block German cars shipped to America from Germany or Mexico because the WTO does not allow it.

Hey, hey, come back to reality.

Pay Debnts

>Only the EU can levy tarriffs on foreign goods. Germany cannot levy a penny on US cars. The EU uses the WTO tariffs, the same ones that the US uses on EU cars.
Oh yea and Germany doesnt have a disproportionate say in the EU does it Hans ?

Sorry, but you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
The US has the lowest import barriers IN THE WORLD.
On average they have an import duty of 3%, while for Germany the minimum starts at 17% and goes up to 65%
That's why the US has been fucked for the last decades.

If the US running the WTO would have demanded other countries to have the same low taxes there wouldn't be a WTO.
The WTO doesn't have a specific tax rate that everyone around the globe should follow, it only regulates what new trade barriers are allowed to be erected.
So the US coming from 3% increasing their import duties to EU levels will be a WTO cheater, while the EU can stay on it's high protectionist tax rates.

The maximum tariff on car imports from WTO members into the EU is 10%. Germany is not allow to put any additional tariff on that.

What you wrote is a fantasy void of reality. Why would you even attempt to post such bs?

And VAT is levied on all cars, be they German, Austria, Swedish, French or the US at the exact same level.

You can check out all EU tariffs here: ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/measures.jsp?Lang=en&Taric=8703&GoodsText=&Domain=TARIC&MeasText=&Offset=0&Area=US&ShowMatchingGoods=&ExpandAll=&callbackuri=CBU-0&LangDescr=&SimDate=20170527

>Oh yea and Germany doesnt have a disproportionate say in the EU does it Hans ?

Germany has little if any say in the WTO. And the EU just applies the WTO tariffs on US imports.

By the way, it is Germany which wants to reduce the tariffs on US goods (incl. cars) that come to the EU to 0% through TTIP. It is Trump who stopped the TTIP negotiations. Why? Why do you not want to drop tariffs?

Yeah, the EU likely has a hard time convincing anyone to join their shitty union without being able to threaten them with arbitrary trade taxes and other shit.
As far as I know Switzerland has been forced to kinda open its borders to EU citizens OR ELSE
It's the fucking EUSSR.

>And VAT is levied on all cars, be they German, Austria, Swedish, French or the US at the exact same level.
You obviously never ran a business so you do not understand what the VAT is meant to do.
The majority of all cars are sold to businesses, not to private individuals.
These businesses refund 100% of the VAT so it is neutral to businesses in the EU. (also to the car producer within the EU)
This is not true for imports from outside the EU, the VAT is NOT neutral in these cases.
US companies pay this VAT (in this case Einfuhrumsatzsteuer) and everybody can go fuck themselves if they want that money back.
EU VAT works like an additional import tax.

Btw, I doubt that Germany actually follows this rate of 10%, or there must be a legal way to add the 7% as everywhere I look I see it's 17% minimum (without 19% VAT) to import.

We weren't forced - it was in our own interest. We made a ew bilateral treaties that were good and just. But now the EU is starting to misuse Schengen and the bilaterals to apply pressure on Switzerland and wants to force their laws over our own, factually integrating Switzerland by force. Fuck the EU, make it die or I will.

Also I tought it was TARIC that actually establishes the EU protectionism. I do think VAT is not a problem for neither the EU or USA.

We all know here what EU officials are thinking.
People from countries like mine can remember that we were in terms of incomes on almost the same level with Switzerland before joining the EU.
Today you guys have double or triple the incomes we have here in Austria.
Everyone's asking themselves - why the fuck did we join this shit union as the results are now in and it looks bad for us.
Hope we'll get rid of the union in the next years, I don't think it can survive much more pressure from Trump, the UK going tax paradise and Russia & Turkey.

Shameless bump during the worldwide posting error that does not affect Germoney

Angela Merkel is a saint and will go down as the greatest leader of France in history.

Germoney first, glad the world agrees

The world will know unparalleled prosperity after the European Caliphate is established, and Merkel will be credited with its inception.

GM just sold off Opel. Nobody gives a shit about importing cars when you people aren't buying them when we make them there.

Europe is a wasteland for the auto market.

Our manufacturing sector is devastated, but I don't have to justify anything to you--and neither does President Trump.