This exam is taken by 18yo Americans

>this exam is taken by 18yo Americans
The actual state of American education

Other urls found in this thread:

math.stackexchange.com/questions/211086/evaluation-of-mathematical-expressions-always-left-to-right
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

x is 4

So it's an easy question. What's your point?

NO CALCULATOR ALLOWED

yeah i was educated in florida for math. it was shit, and woefully behind my peers at an international uni now. common core will be a blessing for this generation. the chinese aren't fucking around with their math education, they're ready for multivariate calculus straight out of high school

Na, you must be joking. Or is this just for the potatoes?

Niggers lowered the standards.

They have only 1 hard question

>European education

I blame common core.

pls don't bait this bad

It's designed to be easy enough for white kids to get into college, but too difficult for niggers. Also, our school districts are not created equal, so the standardized test makes sure not to set the bar too terribly high.

why didnt you post the real one?

C

The SAT is a standardized test designed to be taken by ALL american high school students and designed to score them on a bell curve. As such it contains many "easy" questions to separate the true retards from the mildly retarded. But all the test is not like that, of course.

>introduce a variable
>instantly define it

how the fuck do Americans even attend """"good"""" colleges like MIT or some shit when their highschool education is 4 years behind ours

Is this real? Is this a test for mentally retarded?

IT'S TEN NOW INNIT?

Really ?
I did these equations when I was 11

No, it's 10

10 - 1
----------

--- = [3]

kek

why the fuck do people make maths so fucking hard? what does this even mean, how can i know the value of x? how does this help me at all. maths should be about adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing numbers, thats all. fuck this stupid shit that wont help 99.99 percent of the population that keeps people down. fuck burn it all to the fucking ground.

You're fucked now Britbong. (((They))) will be coming for you....

*nigger education
fixed it

WRONG.

ALL MATHEMATICS IS EVALUATED FROM LEFT TO RIGHT

THE SAME WAY YOU READ SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION.

LEFT. TO. RIGHT.

that stupid cunt shouldn't even be teaching if she's just going to pontificate about the fact that she has to actually do her job for once in a year.

if you EVER got 1, you did it wrong, that's how it's always been.

Parentheses. Order of operations, from left to right. always.

I cant do it without a calculator

by scoring high on the SAT or ACT along with having a perfect GPA in all AP classes

it's okay ahmed, you still """""invented""""" modern numerals(kek)

why the fuck do they have multiple choice tests? you can guess or miscalculate the right answer

by ignoring what is taught in public education, getting a tutor, or learning from books in the library, aka not being a cuck

We have more high school students than Belgium has people. The AP tests generally have more weight than the SAT does

>only the smartest Americans can solve these
Whats your excuse burgers?

what about, you know, an extra set of parenthesis for disambiguation?

I agree to a cetrain extent, although this question is very easy, X is 10, but generally I never really understood the point of these questions with the exception of getting your brain to be used to think differently.

I don't like this thread. It should be shut down and everyone in it banned forever.

is just mad because he's retarded.

Sources:

>if you EVER got 1, you did it wrong, that's how it's always been.

tfw you don't know about the order of operations

>Jessica's friend Tyshaun
>Tyshaun

>Finnish intellectuals
Even without making any calculation you can tell it's 10

>some basketball american will write rap lyrics instead of solving the problem
>get an A+ make the news as brave hero

(x-1)/3=3
(x-1)=3x3
(x-1)=9
x=9+1
x=10

BUST MY FUCKING BUFFERS THATS NOT HOW MATH WORKS REEE REEEEEEEEEEE

>LEFT. TO. RIGHT.
you fucking racist! stop opressing me

>3/3 = 3

>1 = 3

is this nordic math?

Congratulations! You're not clinically retarded.

T Y S H A U N
Y
S
H
A
U
N

so basically anyone that wants to go to a decent university/college (whatever u call it) in the US is homeschooled?

>HURRRR
math.stackexchange.com/questions/211086/evaluation-of-mathematical-expressions-always-left-to-right

Ebin bost :DDDD daik a (yuu)

I unironically don't know more than this

>Tyshaun made a deposit in to his account
Crack dealers take card now?

American education is absolutely fucking terrible.

What is x?

>Unironically spent time figuring out this math problem
>Posted it even though its wrong
>Realized its wrong
>I was only trolling guys, le 9 gag trole face

Consider the following: The majority of Amuricans are literal niggers/spics/mongrels

>Tyshaun

SAT tests are basically an IQ test, which means they include dirt simple questions and ramp up to harder ones.

White American students far, far outscore British, German, and most European students, other than Finland and a couple other countries. This is easy to see when you view scores delegates by race in things like international PISA comparisons.

The reason US testing scores are lower in average is because our average includes 40 million sub-saharan african negroid descendants of slaves with an average IQ of about 85-90. The fact that you couldn't realize that yourself means you're bad at interpreting statistics.

ummm, 10 - 1 = 9 / 3 = 3 so x = 10

Apparently it's 10. Okay then.

>Jessica's friend
>Tyshaun

Have to agree w Britbong here.
Pushing more advanced math on most people is useless, a waste of time that could be spent teaching them things they will actually use in life, or letting them graduate at 14 or so and get on with living.

No. The vast majority of american schools are good, and if you do the work and have intelligence you will be in decent classes. Some of the best schools are actually public schools in cities where there are not too many poor or minority students.

The joke stories that you see here are exceptions.

>standardized test that measures one's aptitude for college, and has to have a wide scoring rate like IQ, that is, have valid results for everyone including brainlets so mayshawndruh can't say it's raciss that tyrone couldn't make marks high enough to score
>actually difficult in every question
almonds activated

also, key:
35)6
36)3
37)1.02
38)6.11

integrals kudasai
(part of the problem is amerifat education is slow as fuck for some reason, and people don't even touch derivatives until senior year maybe, basically years of basic rehashed algebra so niggers can pass, so college entry exams can't really get into anything that meaty in terms of math)

you just reverse all the operations

So progressive~

>Tyshaun

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE

Wrong.

I am 24 and don't know the answer lol

Do I get a cookie now ?

I got excited when I saw 36 but then I realised it's still for retards. Please don't tell me the entire paper is as easy as this.

how so ?

the reason asians can come over and get a PhD and therefore a high paying job is because they are competent in "advanced math", which is really just generalised common sense

>SAT questions
These can't be real....

here most students wont learn derivatives until around 16/17, integrals 17/18 ish. a 14 year old could do it

>tfw I unironically dont even know how to begin solving this

And this is how you will destroy NASA

>American pay 30 000 dollars a year for this
>Americans still wonder why Chinooks, poo in loos and Europeans "steal" all their high-end jobs

> cubic yards

TFW you're so old you forgot these equations even exist.

Also, remembering equations make you smart now.

>HAHAHA A COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAM HAS A WIDE RANGE OF QUESTIONS FROM EASY TO HARD HAHAHA STUPID AMERICANS

>uk education

There's some more challenging stuff, but see my blogpost last line

seriously, basic calc is fucking simple, there's no reason to not teach it earlier

you know who was behind the big push to make american kids think they hate math?

Europeans don't steal shit.

It's all going to BASED indians. stay mad white boy.

>we dun need no educashun

i bet that shit happens on the regular in burgerland

>FROM EASY TO HARD HAHAHA STUPID AMERICANS
The actual state of American education

HURR DURR indeed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations

>wont help 99.99 percent of the population

Picture is a simple formula out of my civil engineering book that helps calculating the snow on a building, so the roof doesnt fall on your retarded bongs head in winter.

Ah now I get it.

>tfw you get in 200000$ in debt to get a twerking degree

I stopped maths when I was 14 and have no idea how to do OPs image

I did a business degree and now earn more than all my friends .

is maths a meme?

>Americans need a lot of easy questions to pass
HAHAHAHAHA

>German reading comprehension.