Living in a crowded mega city is comfy

Living in a crowded mega city is comfy.

The countryside, on the other hand, scares me and puts me at unease.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LWZk24MA7TE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I lived in NY for two years and felt the same way. Manhattan comfy.

the countryside doesn't scare me but living there would probably put me at unease too
large cities are also crime ridden and disgusting depending on the country
i would deadset live in a megacity like moscow or seoul though

I wish I lived in a crowded megacity.
I wish I would experience cyberpunk vibes IRL

I'm exactly the opposite. Fucking hate big cities. Makes me feel claustrophobic.

you have a serious issue

Yeah, never actually lived in a "mega city" but I like living in a comfy medium sized city and I get anxious when I go to the farmland to visit my parents.

Living in a secluded woods would be comfy though. If I were very wealthy I would have a nice city apartment and a secluded home on a large lot in the forest when I need to get away for a week or so.

I agree, the loneliness you feel by walking among thousands of other people is really comfy and I could really think clearer than when I take my bike to school.

t. countryside cheesehead who went to Big Apple twice.

Nah, I'm a suburban neckbeard. I love my small village. I feel more free. More nature.

This

I kind of like mega cities in asia because I feel safe and that I can wonder anywhere and be safe as long as I'm not specially retarded and nosy but in asia i found out you can pretty much go anywhere and if you speak the language find amazing things every now and then.
Also love the countryside.

>Nah, I'm a suburban neckbeard.

Aren't we all?

Maybe it's the horror movie influence, people get always killed, raped and dismembered in countrysides and forests.

Id honestly rather live in a place like this than a big 10 bedroom house in the middle of some rural farmland.

Hmm, let me see, live like a termite in a colony filled with toxic fumes, or live close to nature. Such a tough decision.

On the other hand you get enriched by religion of peace in big cities.

Like thats not done intentionally...

I love it. But i also love the countryside. Tiny alleyways that hide miniscule restaurants that serve dishes passed down for millenias with neon on the horizon and old guys that are tougher than Sup Forums smoking cigarettes standing on the corner elicits an excitement in me that is unparalleled.

You sound like a queer boy.

Countryside is better in every other way. You end up healthier, going out more, more fit, breathing fresher air, less consumption of disgusting junk & fast food.

But fuck the insects. Insects are the only thing that make rural living worse. I'd be walking through woods and trails and glens every single day except there's a fuckton of insects, especially in the summer, and it just isn't a good experience to have them on your skin and in your nose, eyes, mouth, hair, and clothes.

>has no kitchen
not having an adequately sized kitchen would be absolute torture

Big cities are dangerous, smelly, polluted, expensive, cramped, and pozzed. Nuke every xity with more than 1 million inhabitants.

Dont you have some moping to do?

Vacationing in Chicago rn

Wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for all the niggers. I was hoping that I could avoid them by staying in the Loop, but I guess not

Not today, I'm dealing with a bout of food poisoning.

That's not what humans are adapted to feel. That is a strong sign of mental illness. Very common in the modern world.

Not from potatoes I assume?

>old guys that are tougher than Sup Forums
Did you actually imply there's toughness on Sup Forums? Because the average 4channer probably, if not a skinny weak manlet with no muscle anyway, looks like pic related. And probably never exercises (so obese if they eat a lot or skinny and weak if they don't), with no social life or relationships, and probably still lives with parents even if they're in their late 20s or 30s.

Nah m8, some dicks undercooked my chickenwings at Dominos.

Horror movies as vehicles to keep people from leaving the cities. Would be an interesting conspiracy theory.

The true red pill is being able to find comfort in both.
I love ATVs, dirtbikes and hiking the same way I enjoy the views of aky scrapers, people bumping into me, night clubs and seeing sexy ladies every other corner you turn.
My dream is to have a condo in downtown Miami and a house in North Carolina.

There is a lot of posturing on here is all im saying. Old guys dont feel the need to posture.

Safety in numbers for sheeple. If something bad happens you can expect over people to step in instead of taking responsibility yourself, of course everyone feels this way so you get he bystander effect.

What's it like in American cities? Don't you just stay in the nice parts which I assume is restricted to less than ten blocks in every city?

I find I love the countryside much more. Big cities are dirty and grimy and full of shitskins and crime.

t. Rural Hampshire

I just had my first amatuer boxing bout yesterday. I am a manlet though :'(

I grew up in the countryside.

The big city on the other hand, puts me at unease.

That's because you've become a locust.

You're a chinkie. Stay cucked.

Can't eat fast food man. I never eat it anymore, food poisoning seems to happen to some degree like 20% of the time.

This. Fuck people. Cities are fucking loud and filthy. I've never slept so good as I do in the country. Pitch black silent nights and mornings make me feel human.

>walking around NYC CC'ing my transferrable Ingram MAC-10 in 9mm with 2 extra sticks.

Nothing compares to this feel.

This is my dilemma.
Cities feel so comfy but are filled with commies.

I wouldn't want to fight boogie

Of course, plus when I want to buy my dim sum, i only have to walk 2 minutes !

every single city is segregated, some more than others though

Let's add this one to the next conspiracy chart.

Not when you're surrounded by niggers

Ah that sucks, this was the first time I ever got such a terrible reaction. I ought to send a letter to those fucks or health and safety.

Usually you're right, but in HK I was having panic every time I wanted to eat because of the tiny restaurants

A gentleman requires and is at his ease in both the city and the country. We have known this since the days of the Roman Republic. The suburbs on the other hand, are a modern abomination that produce and attract only degenerate trash.

So when you say segregated I assume you have a few blocks of whiteys and then the rest of the entire city is filled with crime committing minorities? Despite how big your cities are doesn't this mean when you're in a city you literally spend your entire life in the few blocks? I mean, you wouldn't dare venture out the few blocks of the city which are designated safe, would you? So despite the size of the cities, the cities are actually very small?

for context - how do you define "megacity"? Population / population density?

what is a city of 50,000 considered to be anyway? whatever that is, i prefer that. it's not too crowded and has everything within walking or biking distance

How so?

Cities are deeply unnatural. Humans were not designed to be around each other so much. We are a clannish lot. Make a clan so big that the top and bottom are far apart, and everything soon goes to shit. The cities will be replaced by hives in the next 50 years or so. Basically work camps / cult compounds for the masses that survive the fall.

I like big cities took too bad most of them are liberal as fuck

Major city conservative uprising when?

isn't 50,000 somewhere between small town and village?

well, the niggers and spics are almost always in the inner city and there's usually one white area in there that is for the upper class hipster type people where cops are everywhere to protect them from roaming niggers. other than that whites are on the outlying areas of the cities so they don't really ever need to come into contact with the most savage animals

It is cozy to me.

It's not my job to educate you, shitlord oppressor. But you could read Kunstler's Geography of Nowhere if you are curious as to how modern suburbia was invented and why it has failed to produce a single cultural artifact of any value.

I'm a dirty Hungarian peasant tending to his paprikas and I feel quite the opposite. I can't bear the constant noise and the non-stop flashing lights and the overcrowded spaces.

>It's not my job to educate you, shitlord oppressor.

You made a claim. As for the book I'm not really bolloxed to read.

I hope your paprikas grow as well as my potatos.

Lived in Shanghai for a while and I'm originally from NY. I live in the countryside of Texas now with my seventeen firearms and I would never move back to a city for any fucking reason ever.

No, hate cities, too many people

i lived near downtown Vancouver for a few years, I wouldn't say it's "comfy" but it's definitely convenient and a lot more fun.

I live on the outskirts of a small town now where my closest neighbor is about a mile away. I find it more comfy and safe, and I feel I have more freedom, I like to be able to go outside day or night and have my own little plot where I can do whatever I want, work on my car, sit in the sun, do some yard work, listen to music, and not be bothered by anyone over anything. But it's definitely a pain in the ass if I want to be social or try any new experiences.

Pros and cons to both I think, depends what type of person you are and what you're interested in. I could see extroverts preferring the city life a lot more, whereas people that are more prone to keep to themselves might prefer rural living.

City life is also waaaay more expensive on a bunch of different levels.

I hate cities. I like the peace and quiet of less developed areas

I grew up in a small town and now live in LA and I'll tell you I'm getting the fuck out as soon as possible. You're among so many people yet it's way more isolating as you are that much more replaceable. Going a few miles through the traffic and then paying for parking makes it feel like a prison, being unable to go anywhere outside your block. Instead of trees and green you get billboards with the most bluepilled shit on them. You go through different areas and see homeless camps vs million dollar homes. This is not humanity's natural state.

Also obligatory: youtube.com/watch?v=LWZk24MA7TE

i like both.

You've gotta find the right kind of solitude. If you're going innawoods, it's gotta be comfy and sustainable as fuck. There are some supremely desolate and brutal spots out there, so what you're saying speaks highly of Texas.

You can read his blog then if you're too retarded for books. It's called clusterfuck nation. It's good, he's redpilled af

how'd it go? did you win? what weight class?

I find the big city forces me to be productive, to be the best, to improve every facet of my being. The rat race has its uses.

Whereas the countryside makes me fat, slow and lazy. I become a country bumpkin instead of a well oiled, physically fit, productive member of society.

It is much cheaper to live in a small town. The funds saved support discretionary pursuits.
The quiet at night is a blessing.

I grew up in the city but would always go to the rural area my parents came from every summer. Nowhere in a mega city would you find silent nights, starry skies, quiet mornings and the feeling of not needing to rush anything. That being said, I also find it kind of cool to eat dinner at a balcony in the city overlooking people and how they go about their lives. Makes you question your own existence

where in LA?

Pretty cool to live in a room like this.

I've never wanted to have a pint at Shepherd and Dog more in my life. God bless you, bumfuckshire.

I live in Toronto, but grew up a few hours north. I like this city, but really like the rural life quite a lot.
What's scary about the countryside? Anything in particular?

The only thing that ever happened to me was when I was doing farm work, picking some fresh strawberries, and a 2 year old black bear was about 15 feet away from me. I yelled at it and it left, but there isn't anything really scary or unnerving about living near a forest.

That's not a city at all. That's a town my man.

santa monica, god help me if I were even closer to downtown.

Never said I was too retarded, just the fact that I'm not bolloxed. However being from the suburbs myself I'm inclined to give my viewpoint regarding the city and country. Generally it makes me a bit anxious while prolonged stays in the country makes me anxious as well. I suppose when you grow accustomed to the best of both worlds it's hard to adapt to one of the extremes.

Ruralfag here. I can't fathom living around that many people. I've been up for two hours and the only person I've seen yet today is my wife.

yeah if there are no peaceful moslims on your doorstep

You don't like the michelin starred restaurants, bright lights and dog eat dog culture?

Maybe you're low energy.

Straight opposite for me. I spent a few months in Tokyo and i was climbing the walls by the end of it, it wasn't terrible and i'm sure i could adapt, but i couldn't imagine that feeling without the polite nature of the japanese acting as ballast.

I imagine places filled with nigs and muslims, as well as mainland chinks to an extent would have me on the first flight out after a month.

It´s the complete opposite for me. I love the great outdoors. Mega-cities make me feel dirty on the inside...

The risk profile is different

In the countryside, you have to deal with seasons, sometimes storms, etc.

In a mega city things are generally fine, but the day the water or sewage system, or the electrical grid fail, it's chaos, but instead of having the elements against you, you have people against you.

>What's scary about the countryside? Anything in particular?

It's nothing in particular, it's more the space. The lack of human contact nearby and how quiet everything is.

It makes me very uneasy.

>village
>50k

I live ina village, we have 250 people

So what I'm getting is that country-folks are proper men, while city-folk are afraid of the dark and need a night-light.
>eat dog culture
ftfy

At the very least I'd call that a town

Kek. You pussy fucking faggot. I feel the exact opposite (having lived in both). In the city, you can get robbed by niggers. In the sticks, there's just a bunch of friendly white people and free food (if you know how to farm and hunt).

City /comfy/ is fucking gay. Country /comfy/ is having a mansion with a metric fuck load of land and all the dumb shit you'd ever want to play with, ALL for 1/10th the price of being a cityfag

>that smell of clothes out on the line
>can grow your own massive garden
>people are genuinely friendly
>lots of involvement from parents in the schools

As a teacher, I have seen far more success rates in the schools outside of the city where there is more orientation towards community success. I can't articulate on it, but the small towns here are great.

Santa Monica has some pretty comfy spots, bro. I like hanging out at Jinky's, then strolling down to Hinano in Venice for a beer. The ocean is awesome. Hollywood here. I totally agree with you about downtown though.

>t. someone who's never lived in a big city

>Living in a crowded mega city is comfy.
>The countryside, on the other hand, scares me and puts me at unease

I knew chinks weren't human

Because you have mentality of an ant. True white man works the earth and lives close to it, he created civilization when he started doing that. Cities are necessary for modern logistics of course, but they are fucked up when overcrowded, human mind rots in such confinement. One of reasons why Russia is in such sad state today is that communists destroyed rural life and driven people to the commieblocks.

Maybe US cities are different. Here it's safe enough to go on nightwalks at 4am.