Backward Amerisharts

>Europe has had chip and PIN cards sine 1969
>USA still has to swipe

youtu.be/SSTMraoURco?t=22

Other urls found in this thread:

android.com/intl/en_uk/pay/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chip and sign is superior in every way to chip and PIN.

>Protip: you're not liable for fraudulent charges anyway (don't know about Europe)

>USA has been to the moon since 1969
>Europe: muh metric system.

>Chip and sign
>sign
fucking plebs

we now have wireless payment built in every card, and they still have the chip and pin option as well.

just touch your card to the device and you're done. you can choose options to limit wireless payments per a maximum amount per day for without pin requirement.

>space
Russia did that shit way earlier and better.

Chip takes forever
I miss the swipe
The worst part is the awkward moment where you and the clerk both are just awkwardly waiting for it to authorize. Just waiting, trying to just glance at each other and look away, not saying anything. Worst 15 seconds ever

>no Russian flag on the moon.

Too bad the US couldnt do it better.

>Europe has good card features
>Still requires cash in a large amount of places

At least I can go to Nowhere, USA and use my card at the local gas station.

Also chip is a thing here too.

>Chip takes forever
see >just touch your card to the device and you're done

I haven't had a wallet with cash in it since 10 years ago.

Chip and sign also comes with wireless built in and without signature being required. In case of fraud, the burden of proof is on the issuer. With European cards, you the customer have to prove it wasn't you since your PIN is supposed to be a secret.

>Also chip is a thing here too.
yeah recently, which is the point of the OP.

nah we're easily protected, my brother had his card stolen and he was automatically covered by the bank like everyone else for the costs made buy the thief.

pin > signature.

I heard otherwise from Canadians who have a similar system to yours. In any case, American credit cards are superior to pretty much anywhere in the world with ridiculous perks and protection, that's why I use them even though I'm not a burger.

>Canadians
>similar system to yours
they don't have a similar system to us at all when it comes to personal liberty and protection from fraud.

>bait like a motherfucker
>sage

I meant chip and PIN. I guess it only sucks without specific government intervention then.

>ridiculous perks and protection
list them plz.

my dutch credit card has neat shit too. no one can fuck with me when I pay with my CC. I can ask my bank for my money back on purchased shit if I'm not satisfied and the seller doesn't immediately solve it. also theft is a non-issue since none of the damage is mine, and all of it is the bank's own shit to fix.

You're kidding right? Compare Amex Platinum in the US with any other country. It's easiest to see when you compare what's supposedly the same card issued in different countries.

oh yes, the (((chip))) is so much better

it's just a data mining scheme, it isn't any more secure

what? read my post again, I'm not arguing against your claim, just naming some perks of my dutch (national) CC. not american bank stuff.

I just wanna know the perks of the american cc you use.

the data mining is literally the same as with a magnetic swipe card. idiot.

>>Europe has had chip and PIN cards sine 1969

Can you even understand what you're watching?

Better protection, took me once literally 30 seconds on the phone from start to finish to reverse a charge because I didn't receive a package.
Better reward, see blogs of poorfags traveling first class for free on credit card miles. Almost always from US cards because they give the most generous rewards.
Perks like airport lounge access with unlimited guests? Check. Gold/Platinum status in hotels and airlines? (Free upgrades) Check.

You'll have to read some of the dedicated credit card sites to appreciate the superiority of US cards desu.

>took me once literally 30 seconds on the phone from start to finish to reverse a charge because I didn't receive a package.
I did the same thing, 24/7 phone line, call anytime, cancel anything, instantly done. and that's my ING (dutch bank) CC.

>free on credit card miles. Almost always from US cards because they give the most generous rewards.
>Perks like airport lounge access with unlimited guests? Check. Gold/Platinum status in hotels and airlines? (Free upgrades) Check.
these I don't have (because I have a lite version of a CC, which costs me no money at all ever, not even on purchases, no percentage goes to bank)

also, how do you even have an american cc if you're a saudi? do you need US passport or address or anything?

>lives in a african hellhole
>b-but hol up man dem german crackas put niggas on da moon

My free US card gives 1.5% cash back and doesn't have (((foreign exchange fee))) or any markup on non-USD transactions. Free.

Even Finns aren't this autistic.
Kys

Lived in America for a bit.

oooh, nothing is worth that price. fuck it, I'll my dutch cc.

>I'll
I'll keep*

Kek, can't argue with that.

I am that guy on the Wal MArt cart. I sued, and won $5 million dollars for injuries suffered due to defective shart mart cart. Who's backwards now?

enjoy your $5mil while you can't leave the hospital and will die within a few months because of extreme obesity.

>sign
signing something literally means nothing

thatsthepoint.pdf

but pin is easier. just 4 numbers.

Signing a receipt at a restaurant is much classier than entering a PIN.

>classier
nothing classy about it. pin is just easier and more convenient, plus I can do it well no matter how drunk I may be.

keep trying eurofags, we have everything you have and more

Yes and card fraud is currently the biggest crime by a fucking mile across Europe.

Which many banks wont cover your instant payments as you opt out of protection by enabling it.

>implying anyone actually checks your signature
My cards aren't even signed so they have nothing to compare to even if they tried. It's easier to make a random scribble or doodle when you're drunk than to remember a PIN.

It does look classy especially in Europe where people aren't used to it. It impresses grills too, don't ask me why.

>thank you, thank you, thank you

My dick.

Wait, Americans have to sign a piece of paper everytime they use their card?

Roflmao.

Not that it matters to me, I use Android Pay™ for all my purchases, whenever wherever. Saves time, and completely hassle free.
You can find out more about it here:
android.com/intl/en_uk/pay/

>Which many banks wont cover your instant payments as you opt out of protection by enabling it.
just because that's how UK cucks are, doesn't mean the same policies are at work in dutchland. speak for yourself.

The chips fucking suck, I don't know how you european fucks dealt with it. At least in my area, these are becoming the norm, and fucking hell do they suck. Takes way longer, and then a fucking scratch on the chip makes it not work, so half the time it works for a week and then you're condemned to putting the fucking thing in 3 times and then swiping it.

Nobody here fucking likes it, I want to go back to swiping the cards.

Wait, in America do you not just touch your card against the EFTPOS machine and the payment goes through immediately?

t. Muhammad

>he calls the US an african shithole (most europeans agree)
>all you could come up with was calling him muhammad
which doesn't make sense, because americans and arabs love each other

>muh biro