Working for the government

Has anyone here worked for the Government?

I'm getting a degree right now and plan to work for the Government soon after I graduate, probably try to work myself into a Director/management position or something like that. Has anyone had experience working for the government? Are there good benefits, healthcare/dental/etc.? Is the pay good, and can you easily work into 100k+ positions? Job security? Is it hard to get a job working for them and difficult to move up?

I'd figure it seems relatively redpilled and maybe you can get into some sort of political influence and getting a clearance would be useful. I might try to work for the NSA or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/mapping-americas-underfunded-state-pension-and-healthcare-liability-debacle
zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-16/illinois-pension-funding-sinks-376-unfunded-liability-surges-130bn
huffingtonpost.com/moneytips/federal-employees-earn-50_b_8855508.html
downsizinggovernment.org/federal-worker-pay
archive.is/wv76D
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I interned for a municipality in a major city, my father has worked there 30+ years. From what I gathered GREAT benefits, especially with work/life balance though your salary would be higher working for the private sector. It's really hard for then to fire you, especially if you are a minority. And they do let people move departments. I don't think the pensions are as rich as they once were, but I say go for it. I'll probably try to work there when I graduate

Is six figures possible?

I mean people say private sector pays more, but it seems like after you get 10+ years (or even 5) in a government job, you can hit 130-160k as a director or something.

Is it a steady path to promotions or do few people get that high up?

I'm a year away from an MPA what are you getting your degree in? It's hard to get into a lot of government jobs, civil service tests with thousands of applicants as competition. At least in major cities. I've been applying for over a year now with no luck.

Business Administration. I have an uncle that works for the Government if that would help.

>GREAT benefits

The map left, which shows the gravity of America's pervasive pension and healthcare liability underfunding problem, should certainly raise a few eyebrows. Sourced from the IMF's Article IV presentation which in turn sources the data from the Pew Center, the map shows that even despite the near doubling in the S&P since the March 2009 lows, there are still at least 9 states that have a minimum 35% underfunding in their pension and liability obligations. ...

zerohedge.com/news/mapping-americas-underfunded-state-pension-and-healthcare-liability-debacle

zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-16/illinois-pension-funding-sinks-376-unfunded-liability-surges-130bn

...Defined Benefit Pension Plans are, almost by definition, a ponzi scheme. Current assets are used to pay current claims in full in spite of insufficient funding to pay future liabilities: classic Ponzi. But unlike wall street and corporate ponzi schemes no one goes to jail here because the establishment is complicit. Everyone from government officials to union bosses are incentivized to maintain the status quo - public employees get to sleep better at night thinking they have a "retirement plan," public legislators get to be re-elected by union membership while pretending their states are solvent and union bosses get to keep their jobs while hiding the truth from employees.

Pay sucks compared to the private sector, regardless of the job you get. Government work sucks. Only C and D team grads go into public service, A and B team all go into private sector.

govt employees are the ruling class

>In 2015 federal civilian workers had an average wage of $86,365, according the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA). By comparison, the average wage for the nation's 112 million private-sector workers was $58,726.

Is this actually true? Averaging 80k, holy shit.
Can you explain this? People say the pay is shit but the average worker apparently makes 80k.

huffingtonpost.com/moneytips/federal-employees-earn-50_b_8855508.html

downsizinggovernment.org/federal-worker-pay

Checked. In the future, please archive sites renowned for trash journalism and clickbait.

archive.is/wv76D

Something something KEK somethong something

My uncle was in the military and has a Masters and makes like 100k+ in his government job as like a purchasing manager

>working for the government
>redpilled

>changing the political spectrum by infiltrating the inside
>not redpilled
?

I worked for the government and now as a defense contractor. Pay is really good and job security is better than what a teacher with tenure has. You pretty much have to rape or murder someone to get fired after putting in x number of years. People seem to be on vacation more than actually working. (I hate it though).

pay is worse than you could get outside the gov, the benefits tend to be decent but not as good at most private sector jobs, the only really shining benefit is pensions, which are a gamble since every time liberals get the reigns of government they end up riding us further into bankruptcy

also you will be working side by side with the dumbest people in society, who are also diversity hires. and you will have mandatory deductions from your paycheck that fund leftist militant organizations like SEIU

>changing the political spectrum by infiltrating the inside
maybe except this doesn't happen outside of shitty American movies and tv shows and it only happens there to make you retards believe that this is a thing that can happen

no, the only people that get that high up are politically aligned with the people already in that spot. gov work is a game of chutes and ladders, you climb your way up behind the person in front of you. if they dont retire and sit on their golden egg milking the govt teet, you are stuck in your position below them

ascending the ranks of government work is not based on merit, its based on diversity and political ideology. sorry if you want to work based on skill and merit, work at a private company

Why do those articles claim they literally make 50% more than private sector workers

These folks are correct.

You will not change the system, the system will change you.

On the other hand, the bureaucracy is super-comfy.

>On the other hand, the bureaucracy is super-comfy.

good enough for me

Marylandfag here, government jobs literally everywhere. Pay depends on what level of government, there's the dmv and president and everything in between
This is just what I heard from guys who have worked with the big names in dc
Positives:
>pay is ok
>job security is really good
>benefits are quite good
>the network is great

Negatives:
>everything is slow moving
>quite a liberal bubble around DC
>diversity had been pushed under obama
>anyone who puts party alliances above the job
>you will move ahead in your career not on the quality of your work, but by how well you promote yourself (look up carla hayden)
>bernie sanders is a dick and sucks to work with

Yeah I was thinking of moving to MD/DC/VA when I graduated because I know there's tons of government jobs there.

Maryland actually seems pretty nice, just liberal and snobby in the rich areas, and has it's share of jews. I dated a girl from there actually. She was pretty pretentious and kinda rude/insensitive but at least she was really smart. MD seems to have a lot of snobby liberal types. I know Bethesda is rich as fuck and full of jews, she was from around there, was a jew herself actually. Her dad worked for the government.

I'm in Michigan right now. Is the DC/VA/MD area kinda riddled with minorities? Are there still rich/middle class white neighborhoods where I'll never see a minority?

What's the weather like? Mild winters, not much snow? Is there much to do, lots of places to shop etc.? Do you consider it more southern or more east coast?

I really like it desu, lived near pittsburgh for a few years, just moved back a few months ago. Tons of MD flags everywhere, tons of MD pride right now. East coast snobs in MD are not nearly as bad as in Jersey, NY, and Assachusetts.

>Is the DC/VA/MD area kinda riddled with minorities?
Yes but mostly because of the white flight to the suburb areas around the central cities

>Are there still rich/middle class white neighborhoods where I'll never see a minority?
Wealthy minorities like indian or asian are pretty numerous around here and the 2nd or third generations are pretty nice people, decent amount of rich blacks compared to other parts of the country

>What's the weather like? Mild winters, not much snow?
Literally every season, not crazy harsh winters like pittsburgh, I do enjoy some cold though

>Is there much to do, lots of places to shop etc.?
yes, beaches, mountains, big cities, countryside all within about a 2 hour drive from baltimore

>Do you consider it more southern or more east coast?
The north think's we're southern and the south thinks we're northern so the truth is probably some of both, DC doesn't count as part of the general MD population though