Question for Sup Forumsacks born in 1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen Z)

Question for Sup Forumsacks born in 1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen Z).

Do you associate your childhood more closely with Millennial things like Blockbuster, Jimmy neutron, Yu gi oh, PS1, PS2, N64, Drake and Josh, Pokemon Gens 1-3, Gorillaz, Discman, Malcolm in the middle, Cyberchase, Tamagotchi, Osmosis Jones, original Ben 10(came out in 2005 so it barely slips in), Kim Possible, and having crushes on Avril lavigne, Britney spears, Jenny wakeman, and the Dark magician girl?

Or Gen Z things like streaming movies on Netflix, CN Real, Hannah Montana, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, Bakugan, The Dark knight, Pokemon Gens 4-6, Justin Bieber, Twilight, Chowder, Marvelous misadventures of Flapjack, Adventure Time, Silly bandz, and having crushes on Justin bieber, Harry styles, and "qt thick traps" - NOT girls, because Vice told you it was "hip" and "cool" to be homosexual?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9VEmeXbF6Rk
youtu.be/_esEJPdbAbQ
youtu.be/I0H6-qS8K4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I was born in 1990. I can't be a Millennial.
>Millennials are people born after 1995
>Millennials are people born before 1994
>My family didn't have internet service when I was 12. Definitely not a Millennial.
>I ate cereal for breakfast as a kid. Not a Millennial.
>I'm not a Millennial, I'm Gen Y.
>I thought Millennials were born between 2002 and 2007
>I like tacos. There's no way I could be a Millennial.

Millennial.

95 here, don't fit what ur asking, but Dark Magician girl was like my OG waifu

Kim possible nostalgia

>Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X (mostly in western countries). There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

Huh

I'm asking if you feel more like a millennial or a Gen Z. Because mid 90s-early 2000s are the "cusp years" between the two groups.

>Generation Z (also known as iGeneration, Post-Millennials, Plurals, or the Homeland Generation in the United States) is the demographic cohort after the Millennials. There are no precise dates for when the Gen Z cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years that range from the mid-1990s to early 2000s, and as of yet there is little consensus about ending birth years.

Millennial.

1982 fag here. Am I a millennial?

>generations are defined by garbage media created by jews

neither, because I was (am) an antisocial dweeb who didn't watch TV or listen to any modern music or play cardgames or play modern games or watch blockbusters (or go to a blockbuster).

You're the first millennial

>Do you associate your childhood more closely with Millennial things like Blockbuster, Jimmy neutron, Yu gi oh, PS1, PS2, N64, Drake and Josh, Pokemon Gens 1-3, Gorillaz, Discman, Malcolm in the middle, Cyberchase, Tamagotchi, Osmosis Jones, original Ben 10(came out in 2005 so it barely slips in), Kim Possible, and having crushes on Avril lavigne, Britney spears, Jenny wakeman, and the Dark magician girl?
>Materialistic bullshit
>Childhood

Pick one. I remember collecting yu gi yoh and playing GameCube. That's about it. Didn't have a childhood I just bought shit and called it a childhood.

I'm the father of a 20 year old who was born in March 1997.

He thinks both of that shit is retarded.

He grew up watching Yu Gi Oh. He played with a shitload of Legos and got deep into Xbox when it came out. He associates his childhood with Star Wars: Battlefront, with Gear of War, and with lots and lots of Halo.

He thinks social media is stupid and doesn't even have a Facebook account. Most of his friends are the same way. There's a huge cultural divide among his friends between those who bury their noses in smart phones and those who don't. He's strongly in the "don't" camp. They call people addicted to smartphones "zombies" and swap stories about saying bullshit to people half ignoring them due to cell phone addiction and seeing what they can get away with. My son hates text messaging and asks people just to fucking call him if they want to talk. His conversations are brisk and to the point.

My son still likes video games but won't play online. A lot of his friends are into graffiti or car stuff.

I'm passionate about cooking and they're all curious as fuck about it. I put them to work prep cooking and explaining to them what I'm doing. They all kind of suck when making their own meals but they try which is cool.

My wife isn't as good of a cook (with some exceptions), but she's a much better baker. They're not as interested in baking.

I live in the Portland metro area. I have a lot of dad friends in Seattle and Eugene that report the same.

Not all kids my son's age act this way but it's fairly prevalent. I don't know if its a west coast thing or nationwide.

96 here, I never did any of that shit except I did rent from blockbuster, mostly I just play/ed video games and browse Sup Forums, but I am a homosexual too I guess

I was born in 1989 and I associate with the former category more.

I didn't ask you gramps. I asked for people born in the mid nineties

1996 and from what you posted this is what I remember from childhood
Blockbuster, Jimmy neutron, Yu gi oh, PS2, N64, Drake and Josh, Pokemon Gens 1-3, Gorillaz, Malcolm in the middle, Osmosis Jones, original Ben 10(came out in 2005 so it barely slips in), Kim Possible, and having crushes on Avril lavigne, Britney spears, and the Dark magician girl?
Hannah Montana, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360

born in 1995

The only thing from category 2 I used were the Gen 7 video games, but I don't associate those with my childhood at all. By the time the late 2000s came into swing I was just playing MMO's all day long.

I have a younger sister born in '97 and she'd be safely in the Kim Possible age range. It's only extremely young kids born 2005ish who grew up with Adventure Time and Ultimate Spiderman that would truly identify with the latter.

1995 here. It's a mixture of both, but mainly millenial things.

I think people born in 2002ish would identify with the latter, maybe.

Hey Portland metro area brother, how do you live with the shitload of SJW's around? I'm 20 and going to school in Seattle area (which is just as bad) so I haven't escaped it but I plan to move back and live in Portland area after college, but I just can't relate to the people living in Portland (nearly all democrats with an abundance of sjw's). I don't know where to settle down but I really like the north west for the trees and clean water (Oregon not Washington mostly)

My understanding is that "millenial" or Gen Y begins with people who graduated in 2000 and ends with people born in 2000.

In this regard both my wife and my oldest son are millenials. She was born in 1982. He was born in 1997. (I divorced his mom in 2000 and remarried in 2010).

They both share a lot of common experiences that I don't. The prevalence of the internet. 9/11 happening on a school day.

Both voted for a democrat in their very first election, who received the majority popular vote, but lost the election. Both have family and classmates who died defending the "war on terror", both were perilously close to being present during a mass shooting, both received education in grade school about what to do if a shooter is present.

I can't relate to any of that.

1997fag here

I experienced
>blockbuster
>jimmy neutron
>N64
>drake&josh
>owned the first few pokemon seasons on VHS
>walkman/discman
>osmosis jones
Didn't have a crush on Dark Magician girl but I had a childboner for the girl from Hamtaro. I couldn't get into Yu-gi-oh because I thought the concept of anime with playing cards was stupid

Oh man I wish SWG was back.

I know there are emulators and source code servers out now but... The community is just gone and the administrations tend to be retarded.

Also had a child boner for Kagome too

First of all I'm left leaning not republican. I still hate the SJWs but just wanted to clarify.

Dude move to Vancouver. No income tax, low sales and property tax, still tons of great tech jobs. Housing is half the cost, almost no hobos, lower crime rates, better roads, better schools and you can buy your booze at the grocery store.

Plus less of the Portland bullshit. Access to all the awesome beer, weed, and food, same great weather and outdoorsy shit, none of the SJW nonsense.

Way more local farms too so produce is better and cheaper.

Vancouver is the best kept secret of this area. I just bought a 4 bedroom house in a quiet cul-de-sac a year ago for $266,000. This would have cost me $600k easy in a comparable Portland neighborhood. And my neighbors are chill as fuck.

1998 mix of both here.

>I'm asking if you feel more like a millennial or a Gen Z.

What does this even mean? Does it mean "can I relate to other people in my generation?
Because I don't relate to the younger half of my generation at all.
Whatever, I'll just indicate what was nostalgic for me.

Born in '86

Blockbuster was the shit. We would have pool parties with my friends, rent some blockbuster, play some N64 or PS1, sleepover. Shit was awesome. I was just young enough to have a casual interest pokemon 1st gen without looking like a freak who plays babby games. I didn't watch any of the cartoons or TV shows listed. Most of them were after my time anyway.

Exactly none of the stuff mentioned in the Gen Z category was a thing until after I was 18 and in university. After that point, it's like I'm stuck in a time warp and I'm paying almost no attention to what people like doing nowadays. The nostalgia ends at 18.

1998 here, I'm now just turned 19. When I was a really little kid, I played a ton of PS1. Crash Bandicoot and Tetris were the bulk of my entertainment, with some sports games on PS2 mixed in. I liked Jimmy Neutron, old Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents etc, never liked any of those CN shows. Cyberchase was a cool show, liked it when I was about six or so. Pokémon Emerald best Pokémon, but also played a fair amount of Pearl and Platinum. I didn't even have any actual crushes on girls until I was almost a teenager, actually. So by your definition, I guess I (((identify))) more with Millenial culture than Gen Z culture.

Why are you interested?

We had this same thread a few weeks back, just what is your reason for gathering data?

Born tail end of 1998, definitely associate more strongly with the first group.

Gen Z stuff is definitely present, but factors in a lot less, though oddly no chrushes in the millennial group.

35 year old here. One of my fondest childhood memories was getting my allowance on a friday, riding my bike to blockbuster, and renting a super nintendo game. Bonus points if my save files were still on it from the weekend before. Spent all weekend running around the woods with my friends playing army and then all evening into the night playing vidya. Its comfy just thinking about those days.

97 here
mix of both categories

So I'm assuming you prefer Harry Styles

Dark magician girl or qt thick traps?

am 97 babby
I remember some of both
also gamecube was between N64 and wii

I've never considered that actually. Plus I could still commute to Portland if I really had to. I was thinking Lake Oswego for obvious reasons for anyone who knows of it.

DMG
traps need to be purged

>Lake Oswego
is a swine filled shit hole

I identify more with the first one, but still some aspects of the second ones were a part of my middle school years so its still nostalgic when I think about it

>no computer
>portable cd players
>pokemon first 2 gens
>DBZ
>yugioh
>super nintendo
>n64
>black and white tvs
Born in 90. Cell phones were a mistake.

Born in 1997. Yu-gi-oh was my favorite show growing up, and I am most nostalgic about the things which fall in the millennial category.

>Dark magician girl?
shit i an 25 i still fap to that bitch.

I am on the border of that

Also, a lot of pop culture is crap, and I spent most of my childhood riding my bike and playing dog-fighting video-games and spore

I'm millenial
youtu.be/9VEmeXbF6Rk

TLDR

bumping for dank magician girl

Born on 12/31/1995 here, for me my childhood is associated with

>Drake and Josh
>Pokemon Crystal
>High School Musical
>Batman Begins/Dark Knight
>PS3

My twin sister was a huge fan of Hannah Montana and Justin Beiber, so that's the female perspective too. I don't care if I'm Millennial or Gen Z, but IMO people born in the second half of the 90s are probably closer to Gen Z. So I think you could put anywhere from 1996 to 1998 as the cutoff point.

Dark magician girl or thick cream-filled trapbois?

If you pick the former, you're millennials. If latter, you're Gen Z.

*Oh, also the Yankees-Boston rivalry being terrific

Um... No sweetie you're 100% millennial

youtu.be/_esEJPdbAbQ

When you say "thick trapbois", do you mean anime characters who are drawn exactly the same as women but are called male, or do you mean real-life fat trannys?

Dude for real though.

Just because Lake Oswego is primarily white doesn't mean it's nice.

Gresham is primarily white. But it's full of tweekers.

Lake O is primarily white. But it's full of basic bitches. Soccer moms. Professional divorcees, their bratty kids, and their washed up Chad husbands. Mediocre franchise food and high priced grocery stores. Plus, most of the FailBlazers.

All the Chads want to talk about is work, or name dropping the Blazers they know from a friend of a friend.

It's a shit town.

Honestly, Washington is just better than Oregon, period. Too much Kitzhaber, Kulongoski and Brown have ruined .. everything. Schools. Roads. Public land. Private enterprise. Everything. Giant the 9% income tax and for the life of me I can't tell what it's funding.

That's just one definition fucker. MOST definitions nowadays are going with 1995-1997 as the cutoff for Millennials. 2000s is pushing it way way too far.

If you were too young to be in school when 9/11 happened, you are Gen Z.

Maybe we have visited different parts

Dark magician girl is mah waifu

97 here and definitely millennial

Millennial Z reporting in

Born in 1998 and I experience during my childhood

>N64
>vhs video tapes and dvd rent (not blockbuster)
>Gbc, gba and nds (with a R4 cartridge)
>pokemon games( firered and platinum)
>Pokemon cards
>cartoon network (2003 -2009 era), animal planet and discovery channel (specifically man vs wild) I was a weird kid.
>wii
>mp3 player and limewire
>Pre google youtube era.
>Lego Bionicles, I FUCKING LOVEE BIONICLES
>Some anime that I can't write now on adult swim (because I am not a huge anime fan for the time)

I grew up Beaverton/Tigard and it always seemed better in all regards (especially the people who live there I've met)

Born in 92' DBZ was the best.

youtu.be/I0H6-qS8K4E

I grew up on DBZ and Halo.

Either one

how the fuck do you remarry

I guess it stands to reason that shit taste like this would come from Canada.

born in 97 but my cousin born in 90 got me hooked on DBZ and pokemon when I was like 4

>Born 1996
>'member blockbuster
>'member Pokemon
>'member Dragon ball z
>'member N64
>'member time before netflix and smartphones
>Miss good old days
>MFW

Id say I'm way more alligned with millennials. The cut off for millennials I'd say is closer to 2000 than mid 90's

dark magician girl

I didn't expect this post to give me feels

Cell phones no. Texting and smart phones/social media, yes

Cutoff is around 1995-1997. Do you remember 9/11? If so you are a millennial. If not Gen Z.

I didn't expect to get so nostalgic from ops post but it got me

I don't remember 9/11

Does anyone remember this game by any chance?
It was my very first ps2 game my dad bought me back in 2004 I think, no one seems to be aware of its existence, its a shame since it was the best game I've ever played, still play it once in a while

I remember 9/11 faintly. I was watching it but didn't really understand what was going on. Memory of 9/11 is a good cutoff. Fixes the different cutoff dates issue

1997 here. Definitely the former (millennial) things.

Bump.

sigh, born in the early 80's, grows up during the last leg of the american dream. watch it all go to shit as i'm ready to take my piece of the pie. then get lumped into the generation that came after me who is entitled, does not remember the good times, and wants shit handed to them by the very government i watched destroy that dream. know all the culture of the 80's was prepping people for the social manipulation that came later on. Remember when everyone wasn't fat and unhealthy, when you could offend someone and it wasnt a huge deal, remember "sticks and stones might break my bones but words will never hurt me" remember growing up and losing at stuff and failing and it was ok so long as i learned why and how to fix it. Remember getting a job as a kid and working before i could drive so that i could have a car and drive come 16. Remember shit tier jobs like mowing lawns and flipping burgers being summer work for kids and adult failures who spoke fluent english. remember values that made us stronger ect.

I really fear what the country and world is going to look like by the time i reach old age. i pray the younger generation wakes up and fast. Feelings are not something you destroy a top tier civilization over.

Was born in 1995. The cool part is that I can say I associate my childhood with all of this stuff. All the things you listed in the second list came out around the time I was in 5th-7th grade, so it was still cool to watch cartoons, play Wii and Xbox and have the girls in my class obsess over JB. I remember there were kids in my class talking about Nazi Zombies in 8th grade when it just came out, I didn't have an xbox and was so confused when they kept talking about the "mystery box" and "ray gun"

had it for the gamecube.. pretty underrated game

I associate with Gen-Z more.

I don't pay for streaming services, as I don't want to pay the kikes. Just buy an amazon stick, get kodus and exodus. I associate with PS2-PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, my Wii is collecting dust somewhere in the house. I never watched kids shows voluntarily, as I was always disinterested. I use YouTube a lot, even though I've tried to find alternatives, as I hate YouTube's policies, and I also use Twitch a lot.

I also like crypto-currencies, I want to invest in the stock market, etc. I never recall having any favorite toys, so I don't know what I could say about that. I also somewhat like Amazon.

I'm also very religious.

I play a bunch of apps (I alternate frequently) and take advantage of Jewgles free dollar gifts, as it seems they haven't figured out that they send you dollars for all of your gmail accounts. I don't spend a single cent of my money on apps, although I already spent $25+ from Google's money.

I do not recall any trends with Millennials, and hardly know what shows they refer to. I am also not aware with too many trends with Gen-Z.

Former

Where the fuck are Spongebob and Courage the Cowardly Dog?

In other words, I never had much of a child hood and associate with things that have been out recently.

This thread is fucking stupid. You can tell a kid made it.

Yeah almost entire millennial here
Mostly of my childhood was Yugioh and the original xbox, but i also remember
>blockbuster
>Ed, Edad and Eddy
>Ultraman
>the first halo
>jet set radio future
>gorillas
>robot chicken
>TMNT
>and yuyu hakusho
And thats pretty much i remember from the top of my head tight now

>I FUCKING LOVEE BIONICLES
You deserve a (You) for that. I had a few generations of those. Loved the ones you could roll up into a ball that had little masks that you could place inside.

These little fuckers! Shit was the best

oi shit I forgot about those fuckers
ironicle, isn't it?

I was born in late 1997 and it's a weird mix of both. I definitely remember Ben 10, Drake and Josh and BlockBuster, but otherwise I'm more familiar with everything in the Gen Z category.

Ayyyyy I had the white and blue (ice) one

They had evolved ones too, with iridescent masks. Those were the days...

Doesn't matter who they identify with, if you were born after 1993 you are a gen z regardless of what the Jews who have invented these terms say.
If you weren't mentally competent by the time the 90's we're done you are a gen z faggot. There is no way in hell you have anything in common with someone who could write cursive when 9/11 happened, it's just not possible.
Just like how someone born in 1986 could never have anything in common with someone born in 1992.
Stop using these Jewish crafted denominations for generations that hold no water and have no competent system of measurement.
Generations are no longer than 5-6 years. It's not like everything before the 80's. Our culture doesn't work that way anymore

I'm from a small town on an island in Eastern Canada.
My childhood was playing in the woods, getting dirt all over my pants at school, and making make-shift fishing rods to go fishing with.
My dad would cook macaroni and cheese before he'd leave us for an entire day to work, leaving mom to clean and do work around the house.
We'd go to my paternal grandparents house to eat farm-raised chicken eggs and attempt to read my grandfather's philosophy books.
At my maternal grandparents' house, we watched the boats come in from the window, and we'd sit down to eat freshly caught lobster. We didn't have cable tv, just vhs tapes with old Disney movies.

One of the reasons I don't feel like a millennial, is because I grew up transitioning between like 3 American generations, skipping the boomer generation. The future came at us really quick when we got our first computer.

The old people I've met on my travels in the US remind me of the younger generation where I'm from. They act like children. I can't even bother go to the city in my province; it's foreign to me.

Dark magician girl or QT thick traps?

If the former, you're millennials. If the latter, you're Gen Z

Definitely grew up with Yu Gi Oh friends, never got into it though. Had to look up Dark Magician Girl

Dark magician girl or thick traps?

my brother and I 1992 and 1994 associate with 1

my youngest brother 1996 is certainly more ps3 oriented and along with all the faggotry associated in the hip hop media nearing 2010