>8 passenger learjet is only 15 million

Whats the catch? What makes the G650 50 million more

Other urls found in this thread:

asiatradingonline.com/russianhelicopter24.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

4x the flying range for one

>he flys around in a lear

A bathroom

the g650 doesn't pollute so al gore and Leo DiCaprio don't have to contribute to global warming

wow good picture of a different type of plane. great post senpai, good contribution

Have you been watching some Grant Cardone?

Sorry I disrupted this quality thread.

you should be we take quality very seriously around here

I understand. Have a frog image that implies an ambiguous message and/or emotion.

Bombardier heavily subsidized by the Canadian government.

just use netjets my dudes, or buy a cesna citation for around 2.5 million

thanks I'll toss it on the pile

Found some good ones in the happening thread the other night.

>his jet can't even do NYC to London nonstop

Every aerospace company in the world is state subsidized.

checked
>She loves the BBJ

But /n/ sucks.
>2017
>Not owning a Beechcraft Starshift

*Starship

>Not owning a Ferrari-edition Piaggio.

Xplane9 user detected. Starship looks better, and was designed by Sideburn Canard man.

Can you imagine how expensive it is to operate a Starship right now with the lack of parts? If I had my way I'd just buy a single engine turboprop like a Malibu or Pilatus or something.
What's Xplane?

X plane is a flight sim and I think the Piaggio Ferrari edition is a default plane in it. I heard that the starship isn't as astronomically expensive as Raytheon said it was, and it just got that reputation because Beechcraft/Raytheon promised free service, meaning people were sending theirs in all the time.

They sold all of the parts off to some private operator about 10 years ago and stopped supporting the plane because it was prohibitively expensive with such a small number of operators. I think Raytheon actually ended up destroying all of the planes they owned. I always like the Starship, though, I just think it would kill you with maintenance and repairs price-wise if you had one.
I only mentioned the Piaggio because I got to walk through one once, it seemed pretty cool, plus it's pretty damned fast for a turboprop.

Yes, range with useful load is considerably greater on the Gulfstream. So is anti-missle defense.

this desu

It's sempai, newfag.

At least you can always take your pick of the range of mini starship lookalikes.

To be fair, unless you're stupid rich or a corporate flight department, a jet doesn't really make too much sense. Maybe an old Citation or something if you need to win the dick measuring contest.

If it flys, floats, or fucks, it is always cheaper to rent in the long term.

The plane is really built for executives who need to get in and out of hot zones. However, people buy it as a status symbol when it is total overkill.

True, but you can pick up a decent Cessna for about $50k and sell it for about the same amount when you don't want it any more. The only thing that will get you is the annual and the tie-down/hangar costs.
Just drive a shitty car and own a plane.

What, a KingAir? It's build for short fields, low fuel costs and high reliability since it's a turbine engine, not a piston. There are a fuckton flying around and it's perfect for someone who needs to travel around. It has literally no military application, save as a trainer, despite what memes may have told you.

I'm talking about the Gulfstream.

>Cessna
Piper 4 lyf

Sorry, read that wrong. Why do you think it would make sense to take it in to "hot zones"? It's basically a plush rj. Like the Global Express. Perfect if you need to go to Asia for business and don't want a fuel stop.

I'm scarred for life by a Geronimo. Sorry.

What happened?

My company has one, they use it to get out of the middle east. It has full missile counter measures among other things. I'm a petroleum engineer.

Engine lost all oil and had to shut it down. The guy who rented it to me chewed me out when I called him after landing because I went to the nearest suitable that happened to be a very expensive airport, instead of finding a cheaper place to go to.
Sounds nice. I'm surprised they would go with that instead of a BBJ, but I guess it makes sense if they don't need to move more than 20 or so people at a time. I think I might know the company you work for, if it's a G650 with stuff like that.

>2 passenger B-2 is 737 million

Whats the catch? What makes the F-16D 720 million less

>Chewed you out for choosing the closest airport
Rent it again and crash it out of spite

lol, at the time multi was hard to come by where I lived. That wasn't the last time I flew that fucker. Had comfy seats, I'll give it that.

F-16 hasn't been 20 million for a long time. It's between 76 and 150 million depending on who you are.

What's your connection? Are you a flight sim guy or are you the real deal?

Flightsim guy working on becoming the real deal. I only know the prices from arguing with people on /k/. Sup Forums teaches you amazing things.

To elaborate, those numbers are from news stories about Iraq and I think saudi arabia ordering a bunch a few years ago.

It's disturbing. As far as I can tell, short of just buying a 172 All Atps or something like that is the most cost effective way. It was $45/hr when I did mine.

not at AllAtps, rented from angry cheap guy.

All my lessons so far have been ~220 an hour.
Feels bad man.

Ouch. Seriously, look at how much you can just get a 172 or 152 (if you're skinny) for. They finance that shit for 10-15 years, then you sell it when you get your CFI.

>why do Porsche's cost more than acuras?

t. pilot

>Not just doing German Delivery on a BMW.
You made me sad.

Good, suffer you faggot

>Driving a BMW

I don't, but it triggered

did not

how much does this shit cost?
t. non-1%er

You could probably get in to a jet for about a million dollars. It would eat you up in costs though. You could get a turboprop for about $500k, but it would still eat you up in annual costs. I have a 1958 Cessna 210, cost me about $80k, good for family trips, not much more than the cost of a luxury car in annual costs. I love it when people look at me like I'm a poorfag in my 1995 Chevy truck. It's all about priorities. If you know someone with an A&P and fly it yourself, it really isn't that expensive. Shit, you can get a cheap Cessna 152 for about $20k, but you can carry one person with bags or two people with no bags in that plane. Even if you can't fly it, there are plenty of people who would fly it for you for free just to log the time.
t. non 1%er.

oh sorry I was mostly asking about netjets, but still that's very interesting

Or you could go rotary masterrace

asiatradingonline.com/russianhelicopter24.htm

Netjets is pretty expensive. You're probably better off just buying first class tickets, it's a tier above that. I like just driving to the small airport by my house, parking in my hangar and jumping in my plane. Someone has to pee, fuck it, let's stop somewhere. It's like a roadtrip, but it only takes 5-6 hours to get anywhere. Most places you go have loaner cars they don't charge you to use as well.

ITT: middle class teenagers larping

>Most places you go have loaner cars they don't charge you to use as well.
wow I didn't know that. How much would it cost you (in time and money) to take a 500mi trip (one way)?

My dad works for Nintendo and he told me to tell you to go fuck yourself.

A good ballpark is $150-200 per hour. That's a 3 hour trip, would cost worst case $600. Plus the cost of the airplane (I think I pay around $400/mo on a 20 year loan), and I have a cheap parking place for it. Still cheaper than buying airplane tickets and no TSA or lines. Can take all 3 of us with bags and gas. If you don't care that much you can get in to a 172 for around $50k instead of a 210. Just like driving your car.

Flying an 60 year old aircraft sounds rather questionable to me. How much of it has been replaced or refurbished? (or, if it's easier, how much of it is really 60 years old?) What's parking like when you get to the destination? How much do you have to pay?

me dad works fer the department of defence and he told me to tell you that the queen said that he has to tell me to tell you that youre a cunt

It has to go through an annual inspection every year. My plane isn't IFR (instrument flight rules) so the weather has to be good. No flying in clouds basically. You can pay more to have that ability. It's not that much more, though. I'd be surprised if there is an original part on my plane. Every year it costs me $1500-2000 to keep it up. Part of the hourly cost is the money I save for annual maintenance Haven't overhauled the engine yet, though. That would be in the $10-15k range. I only fly about 150 hours a year and the engine is good for a few thousand hours.

Some airport charge you to park there, most small ones don't. If you buy gas they usually let you use their loaner car for free. For some reason its always an old shitbox, but hey, the price is right.

thanks for answers!

why is the driver sat backwards?

>Part of the hourly cost is the money
wat?

No user, the plane is put on backwards around the pilot.

That's fascinating, user.

If I'd have to guess, he means he puts a sum to some savings book for every flight hour he makes.

Because that's what I do.