Explain to me the Far Cry 5 controversy

I'm currently playing MGS 5 where you have to kill Russian comrades and I've been enjoying the game a lot. Explain to me why is it so outrageous to kill some American rednecks in a video game? We killed black people in previous Far Cries and nobody so much as winked.

As a Christian, it saddens me that they used the Last Supper painting for the game poster, but I don't see a problem with the antagonists being some Christian sect. In real life, some of them actually could use a ass-kicking.

I actually stopped playing The Stick of Truth at the moment where you had to kill the Canadian Bishop, because it offended my feelings as a Christian, but in case of Far Cry 5 I don't a see an offence yet.

Explain to me where I'm wrong?

You should play games made by slavs and japanese only.

Ameriburgers can't handle the bantz. They're known world wide as crybabies.

You didn't HAVE to kill them you know. People hate it because it's not about the killing, it's about the presented image.

I wouldn't mind it if the reverse was treated equally.

If it was an islamist cult it would be deemed bigoted and ubisoft would get fucked hard by the media.

What about the Germans being portrayed as degenerate scum in every other game (I'm playing the New Order now too)? Or about all pirates and bandits in previous Far Cries being blck people?

Do you think their feeling are not offended?

I'm not even starting to talk about Russian Mafia in every American game and movie :D

Maybe you're right, because I currently can't remember any game where you need to kill islamists.

Meh
Is a cult, and Ubisoft really hate cultist , scientologist and all that stuff
The christian one is the black guy

And americans just get triggered about fucking everything these days
If this is like FC4 it will be a great game

I keep saying this. Far Cry heroes always end up being shitty and the villains end up showing redeeming qualities, ESPECIALLY Pagan Min. Give it time before you make a value judgement. However...
Juan does make a good point here

New Order also lets you play as the ultimate Aryan ubermensch though and also lets you know that Jews totally control the world.

because it's based around religion.

They choose christians because they know they couldn't based a game off of fanatic muslims.

Like seriously, whats more plausible.

I don't really understand why I should only play games made by japanese and slavs. As i said, I'm playing MGS5 now (produced by Konami) and you have to kill a lot of Russkies there. Not sure what good games slavs made, though.

the game is quite obviously a cartoonish leftist agitprop, same as mafia 3 and outlast 2. it's politically charged, morally condescending, it demonizes specific religious and racial group and clearly takes sides. something you didn't see in far cry 2 where both warring factions were evil.

are you working in ubisoft pr department?
>I'm currently playing MGS 5
>I've been enjoying the game a lot
oh you're just a casual pleb with absence of taste

So this is basically an all out war in the state of Montana in the functioning US without mobilization of the national guard and hundreds of state troopers?

The antagonists are not exactly Christians. One of the protagonists is a priest though and he wears a proper cross (the antagonists' cross is somewhat different in shape). I don't care if I have to kill a Christian cult memebrs. It's like killing Jehovah wintesses, no?

Germans are degenerate scum though, I don't understand your point.

Witcher 3 is polish, but they arent niggerslavs like your lot, so you decide

Why? Is MGS5 a "bad taste"? What;s a good game then?

Witcher is the obvious example. Also Also, Skullface is totally George Soros and I'm not even joking. We say go to the Japanese because the west is condemning "Evil whitey" they're putting him on a pedestal and don't care about hurting feelings with "offensive" material.

Witcher 3 is a good game, not arguing that.

The game isn't even finished, and the story is complete shit. Go play MGS2.

a pretentious "cinematic" diarrhea with more cutscenes than actual gameplay? mgs is splinter cell for plebs

>more cutscenes than actual gameplay?

Isn't there around 50 missions in the game, not including side operations?

Got that backwards, Sergei.

>call of duty

MGS5 is only half a game :(

It was good while it lasted, but its pretty obvious it wasn't finished.

Well, I'm not there yet, so it's still pretty satisfying for me :D

because you're trying to hard to rationalize it as if it were real

analyze it as is
why did the creators think this was a good idea?
why only a few months after Trump won and tensions in america between white people and minorities are at an all time high?
or when Muslim acceptance is a big topic?

it's hard to imagine that it's just a coincidence and there's no political agenda
and if there is a political agenda it's obvious that it's an attempt to paint white people and christians as evil bigots that are bullying all the poor muslims and non-white people

Can any Germans confirm or deny that they are offended when there are German Nazis in every other American game?

>We killed black people in previous Far Cries and nobody so much as winked.

Have you been living under a rock?

CoD hasn't been about killing muslims for years now, last one was Modern Warfare 2 and even there it's not even the main antagonist. So that makes CoD 4 the last one.

because american niggers cant distinguish between fiction and reality.
>monkey see, monkey do
they get to play a nigger in a game with the objective of killing what are essentially trump supporters in their eyes, they think that's what theyre being told to do IRL.
The same shit happened when GTA hit the shelves, except the precedence here is much more directed and overt.
Nobody is REALLY worked up though. The last supper reference is pretty offensive, but here, christians are ALWAYS getting smashed like this. its everyone else that cant take the shit they themselves should've out.

Its the timing. Anything "left" is put on a fucking pedestal with its dick sucked and given a free gold dildo in our media. Anything "right" is "muh racism"or "muh uneducated" demonized, satirized, ridiculed blah blah blah and its not enough we have to endure it 24/7 on news/movies/tv shows/music/all pop culture... but now its in vidya and yes sjw shit was in vidya but now we are simulating killing them. Its obvious jew bullshit. Its tiresome. I hope the game tanks. Fuck (((ubisoft))) and fuck farcry

Okay, I agree with you when you put it this way. But what I think is if I was a black person I would be offended that every thug in previous Far Cries was black. Now, when it's white people's turn to be portrayed as extremists, why can't they just swallow it as blacks did before?

Sup Forums is just mad that the Christians they fight so hard against are portrayed as rightwingers.

Timing asswipe. WWII was 70+ years ago. Rightwing anything/christians are under attack daily.

this is like making a holocaust game DURING the fucking holocaust, fuck off back to your cave Ivan

the holocaust pretty much WAS a game, lampshade.

>They choose christians because they know they couldn't based a game off of fanatic muslims.
what?
>COD4
>MW2
>SpecOps
>all delta force games
>BF3
>some splinter cell games
>and a million of other games

Do you even know how many games run a "fanatic muslims in the middle east" story?
it's fucking washed up and dried by now, it's not original anymore, that's why it's not used anymore

Probably because most feral blacks are criminals and white extremists are non-existent. Kikes using media/entertainment to warp reality of the goyim again.

It literally has nothing to do with Americans being depicted as villains (which we have been many times in the past, such as Modern Warfare 2, without as much as a peep). It's about the media attempting to force a non-existent parallel between Islamic extremism and Christian extremism, to take heat off the connection between Islam and terrorism. They cannot come up with real world parallels so they have to invent them out of thin air in fiction, as we see happen time and time again, until it is burned into the mainstream subconscious that there probably might be some eval alt-right white power Christian nazis hiding in the woods with guns or something.

Islam is NEVER placed under scrutiny in video games. Anytime Islamic terrorism is presented, it is depicted in a faceless manner, with zero connection to the religious motivations behind the attacks.

Yeah, OP must have missed all the liberal tears far cry 3 generated.

>"cinematic" diarrhea with more cutscenes than actual gameplay?
While MGSV actually tries to be pretentious, it's actually has more gameplay than cutscenes. That said gameplay is a borefest for most of time, since mostly it's running through empty fields for hundreds of meters to another small outpost for 90 hours.
Wait for """chapter""" 2 and you'll realize the game's faults.

it's really all in the timing

and if the enemies in this game were a bunch of stereotypical rapper/ganster type people with a white protagonist im sure there would be much greater outrage then there is now

Except you killed secular arabs in cod 4. That bad guy arab leader was based on assad / sadam, not some terrorist.

Americans usually are bunch of hypocrite crybabies who go "muh free speech" until their precious feelings get hurt.

Spec ops is about killing americans though, not muslims.

>Islam is NEVER placed under scrutiny in video games. Anytime Islamic terrorism is presented, it is depicted in a faceless manner, with zero connection to the religious motivations behind the attacks.
hahahahah what

do you want me to list you all the games where you're fighting an islamic guerrilla? there's a boatload of them

the insurgents were the ones you kill the most though, americans were only like 30 percent of your kill count

Friendly reminder that if you are calling yourself christian and aren't a member of the roman catholic church, you are an heretic and should burned at the stake

Exactly this. If this game came out ten years ago no one would have cared about the theme. But because the media keeps painting this "White christian extremist" picture it comes of in bad taste.

russians are used to russians being bad guys in media

americans are never the bad guys so sayeth my western brainwashing

>muh pagan rituals
>muh idol worship
>muh saint intercession
>muh marry worship
>muh pope is infallible
>muh ignore the Bible completely and just do whatever the hell we want because tradition
wew lad

your russian you are supposed to be the baddies and america is the goodies

List the ones where religion is their main motivation.

The more Christianity is relentlessly attacked by the dregs of society, the more I contemplate going to church and begoming ordodoxx out of pure Edgelord contrarianism.

Ameritards think that instead of chirstian cult it should be islamic cult in the middle of United States

>White christian extremist
Those don't exist in reality maybe in some Bolsheviks psychotic head.

Can't remember much about it but wasn't the first half mostly killing shitskins and the second half mostly killing muricans?

>Germans being portrayed as degenerate scum in every other game
Nazi Germans
regular Germans often get portrayed as normal good intelligent guys, like in Metal Gear Rising or Far Cry 3

The controversy is obvious viral marketing by the publishers

Fact is back water America might be a pretty damn interesting setting

Fucking all of them because their flags are always the same old black flag with the shahada on it.

>I actually stopped playing The Stick of Truth at the moment where you had to kill the Canadian Bishop

You know that you didn't have to kill the bishop, right?

1 was good rest always fall apart after a few hours. Always.

R A R E ?

R E D D I T???

that isn't
>list you all the games where you're fighting an islamic guerrilla
at best it's a middle eastern military force. usually nameless

That's actually not too far from plausible. We've had indian new age cults back in the day why not muslim terrorist cults?

lets make this simple.

Ubisoft:

watch dogs 2, has a trans sidekick and they make fun of trump's "make america great again" slogan

farcry 5, they are mocking "conservatives" or the "alt right"

it's liberal pandering and therefore garbage

>says others are degenerate scum
>posts pic glorifying the deliberate killing of thousands of them by people who are genetically and culturally close to them while doing so

no

I wouldn't be bothered by it if Ubisoft found it acceptable to caricaturize all groups in the same way, which is not the case.
All other Far Cry games are set in fictional regions and you aren't killing the natives, 90% of the time you're fighting foreign mercenaries.
Caricaturizing other religions / ethnicities has been super haram in vido games for quite a while now, apparently the same protections don't apply to rural Americans.

the game is basically a bunch of leafs going
>hahaha drumphtards amirite?

should be mexican drug cartels imo

It looks like shameless pandering to the left. All the categories that appear to apply to the antagonists (white, christian, rural america, etc.) already have to deal with being demonized by the media on a daily or weekly basis, it gets pretty fucking old after a while. If you buy it and enjoy it, that's fine, but I'll be voting with my wallet and let the devs know this isn't the kind of game imagery I want in my video games.

Its possible I'm overreacting and the game won't pander to the left like I think, but from what I've seen so far it looks bad, I'd be happy to be wrong though.

Cause honestly these games are clinging to some form of realism. But the reality of whose committing the crime isn't favorable to them.

I agree 'about le ebil Russians' meme in games btw. The time I can remember where I had no problem killing white Americans was in something like Splinter Cell Conviction. Because that plot made sense, and you could tell there was little political statement to it.

if christians created a game where you were a Hizbollah or Hamas operative in israel killing IDF faggots and your final boss was natenyahu the developers would see law suit after law suit and countless letters and mails of threat on life.

but sadly christians are

a.too stupid to make a good game

b. cheek turning no ballers.

Im glad I left this dumb desert religion of cowards and idiots.

In Montana? Should be southern border then, but i'd prefer voodoo negroes cult in New Orleans

Try reading my post next time, shitskin. Sure, after the modern warfare craze took off, tons of first person military shooters became towel head shooting galleries, but it was always depicted in a very generic manner. The games would never go into the deeper motivations of the terrorists nor would they depict religious iconography. Eventually, shooting shit skins became problematic in video game culture, and it started to fall out of fashion, replaced mostly by the eval Russians/chinese trope.

militias do tend to attract some seriously cringe scum though
mexican drug cartels are everywhere in the US. its an exponentially growing problem actually

The problem is that Ubisoft has a track record of shoehorning leftist propaganda into their games and that it's obvious they're triggered due to Donald winning.

Otherwise it would be just a coincidence and a preference the antagonists are Christians. But this makes it just the more obvious, they're extremists who shouldn't be able to have an impact on the minds of millions of young people.

Montana is a pointless, boring place for an open world (although Far Cry open worlds are procedurally generated anyway, so not even a Edo period Japan could make their games interesting).

They depict the people as dumb rednecks, however, Montana is actually one of the smartest states. It's insulting and baseless.

For half the campaign, Operation Flashpoint: Red River
The start of the campaign is all about hunting down Jihad fighters in Tajikistan, then swaps over to the Chinks.

I just wish everyone who buys western shit games (especially Bethesda, Blizzard, Ubisoft, Sony) and supports this propaganda but still consideres himself redpilled and browses Sup Forums gets super ass cancer.

Because red-neck-beard trumpftards are special snowflakes and need a safe space.

I wonder if Greg "BodySlam-CongressMan" Gianforte will be the main villain

Because, do you think it was about race or religion in the previous Far Cries? No it wasn't. It was about describing gang terror or criminal organizations. It was all about some weird underworld occult shit. And now? Why would they use the KKK in a rural setting? Why not prison gangs such as the Aryan Brotherhood, which I'd agree on for a game.
The KKK is a laughing matter in term of domestic terrorism. If they wanted to use that platform, why not go to the middle east and fight against current domestic terrorism (ISIS)?

Pure bullshit, none of those games name the baddies as 'Muslims'.

MW goes out of its way to tell you that the bad guys in that unnamed Middle Eastern country are political terrorists, their religion never comes up. none of the enemies are allahu akbaring at you.
MW2 only has one Afghanistan section, and you're only killing American black ops soldiers
in Spec Ops: The Line, the Dubai natives wear Western clothing and listen to classic rock and again, there's no mention of their religion
in BF3 the Iranians you fight are soldiers from a military coup against the Islamic Republic

apart from grand strategies where pretty much all historical states are represented, you never fight 'Muslim extremists', it's always political terrorists

I'm pretty happy with buying Bethesda's Fallout titles, even if they aren't perfect. Prey is fun to watch and looks fun to play but don't want to spend money on it.
Other than that, I don't buy any of those mentioned devs games.

I'm still red pilled, I just like muh fallout.
Eat shit.

Lets hope modders will do their thing and create a mod which changes churches into mosques, Christians into ISIS muslims etc.
Just like in Stellaris, when modder created Whites only mod, and entire company went apeshit.

Im currently replaying FC2
I love gunning down niggers with a AKM

Butthurt amerifats get triggered because they read a post on Sup Forums saying it's anti-christian without actually doing some research and realizing that christians are the good guys.

>americans, who destroyed the west and let the jews in power, calling others degenerate

Get's me every time.

Is Bethesda that bad? I mean Blizzard, Ubisoft and Bioware I get but, where was Bethesda pushing that shit heavy? Talking about Preston Garvey from Fallout3?

All Bethesda Fallout games are absolutely horrible video games, so it doesn't even make sense, besides supporting leftist propaganda studios.

In the Soldier of Fortune you, as an American merc hired by the govt, have to aid the KLA (muslim Kosovo Liberation Army) and kill serbs… Burgers and islamists weren’t alway enemies as post - 9/11 brainwashing suggests.

This. Ubisoft are the good guys, too.

>Bethesda
>not redpilled

Fallout 4 and ESPECIALLY Skyrim basically made the International Jew the villains.

holy shit that's racist as fuck

even more racist to the niggers,shitskins and yeloow gooks than to white people as it is delivering the zionist message that "we will mix all your blood together.

kikes are so fucking stupid they dont even realize it.

Seems like a lot of triggered's are here.

It seems to be about a Christian sect (cult), not normal garden variety Christians.

I think many on Pol are becoming what they have hated for so long.

Would be fucking awesome if they did one against jihads though.

no. the enemies were germans. it was also multiplayer, so essentially a two way street. one 'chapter' if you will was in kosovo