Is vegetarianism all it's cracked up to be, in terms of both dieting and keeping cows, chickens, fish etc...

Is vegetarianism all it's cracked up to be, in terms of both dieting and keeping cows, chickens, fish etc. from going extinct/endangered? I'm curious on Sup Forums's thoughts on this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=gerson institute
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You live longer and it's healthier (just google it). It's also more ethical. It doesn't keep animals from going extinct though.

You honestly can't discuss it because carnicucks will get butthrut in a matter of seconds though and start sprouting made up bullshit.

>Bright green raw as hell Starfruit
I was enjoying this picture until I saw that.

I don't know how one could give up something they've eaten basically their entire life cold turkey. People I've talked to who were vegetarian say that after a while you just grow an immunity to meat once you've stopped eating it, but that's got to take months or even years.

>terms of both dieting and keeping cows, chickens, fish etc. from going extinct/endangered?

You know that cows and chicken are domesticated animals right? As in, that species didn't exist before we domesticated them. Therefore them going extinct would only have a positive effect on the environment. Also fish is a very, very, very broad term. Do you know how many species of fish there are?

There are tons of fish yes, but they have the same basic meat/acids don't they?

I don't crave it at all now, I might of when I switched but I can't remember. There's stuff called quorn which works as a healthier substitute.

>vegetarianism [...] keeping cows, chickens, fish etc. from going extinct/endangered?

are you retarded?

Yes but we don't eat all of them. Actually it would be a tiny percentage. So how are they going extinct through over fishing?

>gets cucked by bullshit like animal rights
>calls true humans cucks

retard

Not true I have a close family friend in her late 50's who doctors are begging to eat meat. She's killing herself. People don't need as much meat as they eat in America (can't speak for other countries well on this matter).

Those apples looks sour too. I only like granny smith for pie.

drink a V8

Inb4
Delicate ecosystem that can fall like a house of cards. Do you know how many extinction events the earth has gone through? There's a saying, life always finds a way

I've heard that if you go a very long time as a vegetarian/vegan, your body needs to be eased back into eating meat. I mean if you go without veggies and fruit for a long time you'll shit yourself after eating a bunch, so that argument probably stands for anything foreign to your body.

Fuck off shill

It's all about balance. Don't over eat.

I may very well be, but I would think with all of the fast food and meat shipped off and sold to supermarkets, eventually there won't be enough meat to go around for the entire world. If say 90% of the human population was vegetarian, ergo there's no high demand for meat, the population of cows and chickens would be maintained for millenia, wouldn't it?

hey fuck you canadian bacon cuck

are you retarded? if everyone was a vegan those species would go extinct

> drink V8

Aussie Style: drink V8, m8.

They're growing it in labs now. Makes me shudder, but between upping the breeding of domestic farming animals and labs, we'll be alright.

the only reason we maintain many animals is because we have an interest in their survival

you seem to think we're just killing off animals left and right without any thought as to their possible endangerment

I drink the hot spicy one all the time

If you live in the country, keeping chickens is common sense. They eat dirt-cheap feed and garbage and they produce a thousand eggs a piece and you can eat them afterwards.

Out of experience, cold turkey is a very hard road. I went vegetarian in steps, first I dropped the cows and pigs, then chicken, and at the end I dropped fish from my plate. It took like a year I think. Now I'm like five to six years vegetarian and never felt back.

What everyone has to realise is that you don't need to be a hardliner, and mistakes can happen. I ate some crips which were flavoured with pig fat and I didn't knew.
You will be more aware of what's in your food when a mistake happened.

I highly recommend going vegetarian, as it drives people mad when you are one. Just lean back and watch how they try to trick themselves into thinking it's okay to buy meat from exploited animals.

There is nothing better than creating the feel of butthurt out of your sole existence.

spicy has a funny kick to it

also just going to add that V8 isn't vegan, it can contain meat extract to balance the flavour

Yeah I had a few friends who kept chickens growing up and we weren't that rural. It's economical. They keep what they need and sell the rest by putting a few signs up on the nearby roads. People pay extra for them since they're not from mega producers with hormone chickens.

Years, I am six years deep and I JUST stopped enjoying the smell of cooking meat. It made my mouth water before and if I got drunk I was down to eat a whole pizza myself. Wake up like ''FUCCKCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!''.

But honestly raw vegan/fruitarian/veganism in that order is definately the biggest red pill.

>Dr.Sibi
>Dr.Gerson(Gerson institute)
>Hippocrates

Those listed above have cured disease and knew the truth. They paid the cost. I am beginning to believe Jesus(Isa) was real and he was advocating a raw food diet! The word fish in the bible was a mistranslation. The actual meaning of the word translates as ''FISHWEED'' aka sea weed. Seaweed is world renowned for it's nutritional density and healing properties.

Idgaf about animals. DEUcuck you should care more about your women who are being ravished by Achmed.

>You live longer and it's healthier

>take one group that is more health oriented
>compare it to a group of average individuals

>"clearly I can draw a conclusion about their diet from this"

If the group on non-vegetarians has individuals that soak a bag of cheetos in soda for breakfast then yeah, they'll do worse

Exactly. I have six myself. I don't even have to fence them in, they don't move that far away from their house and every morning the same thing happens: they rediscover my lawn and busy themselves eating grass, shoots and bugs. That's their whole life.

They're just happy and it's very relaxing to have them. The eggs are something else, the yolk is so deeply yellow it shines red. Sells like hotcakes, everyone wants natural eggs, they'll pay three times the going rate and thank you. The meat is also something special, I can call a mobile butcher who will come to my house and kill them and then pay top-dollar for the organic meat.

V8 is shit tier vegan product. Fresh organic juice, like one hour ago less it was on the vine/picked is the most easily assimilated nutritional/healing/hydrating/beneficial source of life revitalizing energy.

V8 makes me fart and is stagnant waste by the time anyone gets it. fuck v8. You can't cure disease with cooked juice. You can cure cancer and other diseases EASILY with fresh organic juices. EASILY.

youtube.com/results?search_query=gerson institute

it's not vegan

Oh. I don't even look at it anymore. I fucking float on by but may make a mental note to wipe my shitty fingers across the caps next time I walk by the v8 isle/meat section of your local grocery stores

You don't really seem to know what you're talking about at all.

Cows and chickens will never go extinct. In fact, farming them for food would ensure their proliferation. I believe you're thinking about habitat destruction, overfishing and overhunting? Those are problems whether you're clearing the land for agriculture or animal husbandry. The biggest conservation concern directly related to meat consumption would be overfishing, which is a problem. Pollution from animal waste is a concern as well.

Veganism is more about humane and ethical treatment of animals, as well as health. I personally eat far, far less meat than the typical American does. But I'm not a vegan. I don't follow a diet like it's a religion. When I want meat, I eat meat. But I take the opportunity to forego it when I can. Clearly my countrymen have a big problem with their overconsumption of burgers, hot dogs, buffalo wings, steaks, etc. I think it's a sin to consume like that. To kill and eat animals to the point that you're obese, just for fleeting pleasure. It's grotesque. But that's just my opinion.

why do you have shit on your fingers? are you Indian

I also find it funny how they don't compare people who adhere to a smart omnivorous diet with vegetarian diet. Instead they compare vegicucks to fast food eaters.
They know that they would get their shit pushed in in terms of health otherwise.

No I am trying to deter people from drinking that shit by putting shit on the label because it is shit while simultaneously drawing more attention to my posts because raw food cures cancer and your mother will die in the sleep tonight if you do not reply to this post. Fluoride negates all immunities(avoid fluoride).

why do you hate v8 so much, did your dad give you a v8 enema before he raped you or something

Nobody's butthurt over your dumbass hippy diet. Humans have been eating meat since the very beginning. You think you can get B12 from your shitty almond milk and plant-based supplements but it's not the same as the B12 you get from meat. You're not making a difference at all by refusing to eat meat. They're already dead.

I'm a vegetarian and have been since i was a child, only one in the family. Parents finally agreed to it when they got sick of waiting hours for me not to finish my plate.
I have no ethical reasons for not eating meat other than i just dont like it, i become physically ill if i accidently eat meat tho, mostly vomiting. (Its been over 27 years since i ate any meat)
Anyway, eat meat or don't,you can be healthy with either, just dont be a dick who tells others what eat.
Finally, vegans are insane.

Eating fresh food is something not many people experience these days.
I tried my hand at farming, always loved potatoes so I planted some. I have to say, the smell and taste of those potatoes straight off the root and into the pan was a revelation to me. I've since tried many vegetables and meats freshly picked/butchered. It can change your view of what food is. And to think that this is how our ancestors ate before everything became industrialized. Sure food was scarcer but holy shit it was good.

Vegetarianism in youngsters results in them not taking in enough vitamins and calcium, hence their bones don't build up properly and they're more likely to suffer from bone problems such as osteoporosis when they're older, as bone tissue only builds up for the first 30 years of your life, then starts to decrease in volume. Overall eating just vegetables without meat or fish, even if you're taking supplements, is unhealthy and not a good diet to have. It's not recommended. Veganism is even worse.

Yes Trader Joes here has the "orange" yolks like you described. They are superior. I hope to live more rural one day and will definitely have chickens and a vegetable garden. I have no qualms with killing them myself and butchering them. I already break down turkeys and chickens at home that are de-feathered.

>overfishing and overhunting
I was thinking about those, actually. I couldn't for the life of me find the right word for it until now. I thought the main cause of it was the insane demand for their meat, especially in the United States.

It does make a difference because it causes reduced demand. Thus less supply. Sure the butchered animals are already dead. But when the meat sells less they will produce less.

He's a poo, ignore him.

Vegans are always sickly looking noodle-armed cucks which is why I never went full vegan. Clearly it is bad. But so is overconsumption of meat, I mean look at the Walmart shoppers who pig out on hot dogs and burgers. Balance and moderation... that is the key.

I've always heard that veganism was more a political thing than it is a diet thing. Vegetarianism is for dieting, while veganism is for tree hugging hippies?

True that, it's a shame really. After two weeks with organic eggs I honestly believe most people would choke on an industrial. You can almost taste the hurt and the chemicals in them.

Potatoes are another one of those superfoods, they'll grow practically everywhere and again, it's almost common sense to plant them year after year. Unfortunately the growing season is kind of short here.

The food might have been scarcer, but the nutritional value was so much higher :/

>trick themselves into thinking it's okay

I mean I'm not tricking myself, they're literally bred for food, they mean nothing.

Smart and omnivore do not belong in the same sentence other than, "If man were starving because there were absofuckinglutely no plant based foods possibly within his ability to acquire without starving to death before acquiring them it might be smart to consider becoming omnivorous for one single meal".

After six years of being on a strictly organic vegan diet these are the most common excuses I hear from omnifats:

>Meat tastes to good
>I can't it's hard(to control myself)
>What about cheese
>I *like* meat too much(true)
>That's not healthy
>You have to eat meat or you will get sick

That's right folks. You are reading this correctly:
>Want
>I can't
>It's too hard
>Tastes good
>I like

Those are excuses given by adults not children. Adults that eat meat are easily the most child like of any diet selection in my experience. Often citing not one source other than their own weakness. It's pathetic. Spineless bullshitters and fucking excues makers who are comfortable and scared of the truth that push meat to the table. Lazy bullshiters, they eat the shit the T.V. spews too.

>hot dogs and burgers
To be fair, processed meat and ground beef is probably the worst possible thing you could put in your body. It's at a very different level from chicken and fish.

Overfishing is a really really big problem. Tons of research out there to read. We are severely depleting the ocean's supplies and catches are getting smaller and smaller. People need to cut back on fish, but it's good for you and people like it. Big issue.

Another big problem is the omega-3 oil capsule industry. Another thing to read up on. The current rates of consumption are well past sustainable.

if you wanna be a cuck..lose minerals and amino acids while having soy destroy your manhood then become a vegan fag... if you hate bacon so much and enjoy being a cuck it would be healthier to be a muslim!

That sounds about right. I've never heard of somebody becoming vegan because they want live off nuts and whatever else they eat. They are always moaning about animals and plants and what not.

Keeping chickens is exploding globally. Pic related.

If you don't get a rooster they won't be noisy either .. except every once in a while when they have an egg they're really proud of.

I've seen potatoes grown in plastic trash can type things. I don't know if that would help grow them in cold times, but it's a neat idea for people with limited space.

Worked on a private chicken farm in kentucky for a couple years for board and food when I was basically homeless.
Was comfy af.

Na dude V8 is like the worst example of a healthy alternative. It's like a big smack in the face to anyone who takes health seriously. They sell pesticide(glyphosate) covered fruit and veggies squished and cooked and call it food. Kids drink that stuff and it fucks them up in the head. Developing minds or not human cells and microbes in out gut can not withstand the degenerative diseases that come after consuming the chemicals man.

Companies like V8 fought AGAINST labeling GMOs and they use buzz words like natural but there is nothing natural about those products.

>It's like fucking snake oil dude.

I plan to be a snow bird though, so idk if that will work out. If I had a few chickens a neighbor might not mind keeping them for 3-4 months, who knows.

We gonna kill those animals for "Population control" if we don't have any use of them.

My wife comes from a butchers family, she is now vegetarian like me but thats not my point. Her grandparents who grew up during/after WW2 seem to have never even considered that a diet without meat is possible, i guess its different for younger people but the old timers get stuck in their ways, and like it or not eating meat is a big part of our society.

Yes. This trick helps get an early start, but you gotta be fairly sure the weather wont flip on you and deliver frost in the middle of spring. Kills off most of our fruit trees every other year. Fucking weather isn't as stable as it used to be, sometimes the average temperature will change with almost twenty degrees over night.

How fucking retarded do you have to be to believe livestock will go extinct? Oh nevermind I forgot you eat the food that gets shat on by my food.

50%of my personality is what i eat

Not quite sure what a 'snow bird' is? But chickens can handle a winter easily and lay eggs while doing it, but you'll have to use hormonal feed to get full productivity. I don't do that though, but when young they still lay a couple of eggs every day during winter. Snow seems to confuse them at first and they spend more time in the house.

Hippocrates, Gerson, Sibi all were before my time and it's safe to say yours too! There is no excuse for negligence and you are making more excuses mister!

The facts are in so get your shit straight. You are brainwashed into a comfortable place and you are not ready to accept the facts.

I agree overconsumption of meat (especially red meat) is unhealthy, but so is not eating any meat or fish at all.

They look thin to you because the meat most americans are eating has hormones that make meateaters retain more water in their cells and steroids to fatten the livestock up before slaughter.

Pasty skinned meat eaters who can't beat me in a pushup competition(99% of humans, I can do fifty without recovering which is 90% of what I did when I was in the military) are often obese for their age/height anyway. The saying goes.... "There is no measure of health in a sick society."

I'm omnivore but recently I've been eating vegetarian and vegan for the most part because I participate in the foodsharing program. it's delicious and sometimes I get those seemlingy vegan food items like vegan types of sausages.
and they really almost taste like the real deal. they make them from soy, peas or wheat. but it's just a weird feeling knowing that you put a thin layer of bread on your bread.

but I also had delicious black bean curry and potato curry. like 6 trays of them I got in the fridge right now and it's a great alternative because it forces to explore what fruit and veggies you could eat instead avoid it altogether.

Bullshit

a dirty hippie couple just had there baby die because they were "vegan" and fed the baby a vegan diet..
Travis barker was in a plane crash and couldn't recover from the surgeries then he quit his shitty vegan lifestyle on a tip from a friend and he started to recover!
Eating Vegan is stupid and potentially deadly & so is eating garbage processed or enriched foods! the main difference is people who eat meat don't walk around telling people how much they eat meat and how awesome bacon & milk is!

Been vegan since 2015. I have 40 pounds of lentils in my flat along with 40 pounds of additive-free rice Protein. Organic as well. Eat Dahl pretty much every day and about 200 g of rice proteinshakes with sugar and cocoa solids. Recently tried cocoa liquor, very good as well. I try to buy as much bulk as possible and cook my own meals everyday. I supplement with magnesium, zinc, D-vitamin and B12. And creatine.

Most of my macros are from the above, rest is assorted vegetables like onions, garlic, carrots, soy sauce, spices. Been eating an entire garlic daily for a while now, shits cash. I get most of my vitamin-C from juice and fruits. Been drinking organic green tea for years daily, supplementing with chamomile and fresh ginger. I recently switched to Yerba Maté recently due to the caffeine and anti-oxidants, as well as vitamins and minerals. I think it may have anti-depressant properties.

Right now I'm drinking cold-brewed 5 grams of green tea along with 30 g of maté, 4 bags of chamomile and a thumb of fresh ginger. Been steeping over an hour. Next I'm gonna drink it during my shower followed by 30 minutes of sitting meditation using binaural beats. I'm also a bit high

I do about an hour of yoga daily, and olympic/bodyweight and powerlifting to a lesser extent now a days 3 tmes a week as well. Squatting 125 kg at about 85 kg bodyweight, 31.25 for dips, cleans are 92.5

I dance on the weekends (sometimes I socialize more, but mostly just dancing for hours and hours) and drink about a beer or 3 once or twice a week, sometimes more variation. I regularly take psychedelics, bout once a month and been smoking weed for 6 months everyday. Study medicine at university.

Sorting myself out with my senpai and my gf recently. Still fucking sexually frustrated but I take it as a natural side-effect from being to clean and exercising so much

Come at me me-eaters

then what is it I always hear about future food will be all insects baked and fried?

hey, I don't judge. I'd eat that cricket leg.

Only vegans can waste people's time by describing their fucking stool ingredients in detail.

Does being vegan turn you into a navel gazing scumbag? Or are scumbags the only people who go vegan?

Also. You are half asain aren't you?

No problem with eating meat, as long as its Halal

Both my parents are from Jutland, but people often ask me what my heritage is. Recently it was an icelandic photographer, he said I could be his cousin. But I've heard all from serbian, middle-eastern, latino. Dominant phenotype

That's a pretty negative outlook. Why don't you tell me about your life, maybe I can have a pick at you? For laughs.

Also, if I'm gonna be a doctor, I have to look at people's stool.

Try 35 grams of fresh bee pollen daily and eating strictly raw foods for a week and I promise you will be on the next level of life my friend.

Seven years vegan here and I am mostly raw now. Supplement with teas, kale, wheatgrass, bee pollen( i know it's not considered vegan by the uninformed).

Shit nigger, can you link me some info on that pollen?

Started thinking more in terms of rawness and whole foods, hence cold-brewing. I think it's a slow transition. Fucking expensive as well, but truly what I would spend my fortune on.

I think it's good to live symbiotically with animals.There are serveral takes on bees and other bugs. What's your take on keeping livestock for milk and eggs?

Yep, you might want to start safe browsing Charlie Brown.

If only you were as careful with your computer as your diet... When you virtue signal people's ears off irl, no one steps up and tells you to sock it, but when you pester boards, shit might happen.

not a vegan... but take bee pollen..try Royal jelly its great!

It means that when it gets cold you travel back south to your southern home. A lot of people in the US spend half the year in the north and half in the south. When I say a lot, I mean those I grew up around, maybe it's not as common as I think.

Fuck man. That is an actual argument

I didn't even think this thread would get serious replies, but the fact that OP said vegetarian does it I think.

> carniecuck
Animals are given b12 supplements as well

sounds like some late night cucky self help infomercial to me!

Is that a threat? That's alot of edges you got there.
I am sharing my positive experiences with my anonymous friends on channel4, whom I enjoy spending much time with on a daily basis as well.

I am ready to come clean and sort myself out. Were I to be implicated in some kind of situation, I will take it from there. If I really have something hide, maybe it's better it came out.

Convince me meat is hurting me. Hypothetically the meat doesn't have hormones and shit.

Why is that, do you think?
What does 'cucky' mean?

It takes someone to watch that shit, to know it I guess

I don't really want to convince you to do anything. I'd rather share my own positive experiences

Just cut sugar and trans fat. Don't drink every week. Eat more saturated fat.
There, now you're healthy as fuck.

I only eat raw meat, no fruits of veggies. Fucking veglets. Everyone knows raw meat only diet is the superior diet.

The argument I generally hear from vegans is that is unnecessary suffering. but there are lots of things humans do that result in unnecessary suffering.

For the sake of consistency, a vegan who believes this should also believe all contact sports (rugby, boxing, mma, football) are bad, as well as horse racing/riding of all kinds.

When you extrapolate out the conclusions of the vegan hypothesis, it's absurd in many regards.

>keeping cows, chickens, fish etc. from going extinct/endangered?

That's a dumb reason to be vegetarian/vegan.
Most of veg people just don't eat animals because they're just good tasting corpses.

No royal jelly is not even close to vegan. Pollen is collected from plants the royal jelly is not even close to vegan.
>The nurse bees have special glands that produce the jelly.... Fuck that. Royal jelly is almost as bad as drinking milk.

Cholesterol in your arteries, wasteful animal agriculture, pollution, suffering animals, body odor, parasites, allowable content of ONE MILLION PARTS UDDER PUSS PER GALLON IN MILK.

I mean honestly if you found your way here, you can red pill yourself. Forks over knives and the china study are a start. The names I listed my other posts and you tube searching will take you far.

You have to read yourself, I can't see these things for you.

sounds like some vegan salesman selling bullshit..because being vegan is bullshit unless you want to take like 30 diff vitamins a day which is impossible because some of the ones you have to take are non vegan! plant based diets are for idiots who think they are cows and want to "save" the world..yet most of them have pets..do you know what kinda shit is in pet food? and feeding your dog vegan will kill it! just like it will kill your soul! being healthy is eating everything organic as possible plants and meat...japan has the highest smoking rate in the world they also consume the most fish...they also have one of the lowest cancer rates! if the japs ate like vegans they would all have lung cancer!

I hope you atleast fucking exercise