Dollar collapse

What will happen to the US when the dollar collapses? How can martial law be enacted, if the money is worthless? Also, why aren't you stacking silver user?

Too busy stacking food, water, ammo, and other supplies.

we can 3d print gold , silver , nano bots....

We have a 2a and that will end any martial law.

It will be decent men vs animals

Thin the heard and seize cont

Police stop responding. Dindus tear apart nu-males. Only rural areas survive the looting

Look at the GB, something similar will happen. It won't happen so fast people are expecting, but it is already happening atm.

If the dollar collapses, sociry collapses. When society collapses, currency becomes food, water, ammo, gasoline, etc.

Not silver.

sure, right after the collapse, but after the period of termoil, silver and gold will be the defacto currency, like it used to be. Or at least a currency backed by gold. So by stacking silver, you can preserve your purchasing power through the collapse. I just hope shit doesn't hit the fan before I get some supplies gathered, I just started researching yesterday.

Dollar goes, it all goes. As for how life would go on without a banking system?

Ironically, paper dollars would probably be worth something for a little while. Most dollars are just digital. At least until the politicians get the bright idea to turn all the printing presses on. Things would probably go to barter after that. Anything standardized and tangible that could be passed around would be worth something.

Booze was currency for a while in post-Soviet Russia. Gasoline was currency for a while in Zim-I mean Rhodesia.

Gold and silver would be worth something for sure, but dealing in them would be dealing in size and it would be scary just a bit

All these end of civilisation LARPers are wrong.

We already know what happens to a civilised, stable, western nation when currency devalues to shit.

Think great depression only with more smart-phones and the occasional localised chimpout quickly suppressed with military action.

A lot of production will revert to the US. A lot of back shed industry will emerge trading in goods instead of currency till things stabilise. The jews that caused it will escape richer than ever only to return when things get back to stability.

>military action.
But that's what I asked in the OP. how will the military get payed, when the currency is worthless? I suppose they could get payed in food, water and shelter, but in that case I think a lot of people might just ditch their "duty" to suppress people out of moral reasons, as the people they know the people they are suppressing are rioting because they have lost everything because of the very people providing them with shelter and food.

military personal have a long history (not in the US per say but around the world) of falling in line.

imagine

you're a low ranking military member

your options are

stay with you friends and team, earning food for your family and the protection a group provides with a chance are stabilizing the world again

this undoubtedly leads to mass death etc but there's dozens of cases for letting the masses starve while the military stays in power

or

leave the group and see if you can single handedly save your family/self

doesn't take too much thought to see where most people would go

though there's never been a country with as many guns as the US so riots would be a daily thing

The pay for military would skyrocket, and only law enforcement/military and key gov roles would get shekels.

The currency would not devalue to zero unless the gov kept welfare going and failed to constrict the money supply/back the currency with something. Gov personell would be kept secure, protected, housed, fed and paid even if that pay would not purchase much (all living essentials would be provided so meh). When the alternative is starvation anyone threatening the system would find themselves under very harsh retribution from those still benefiting.

What you are talking about is civil war, where a portion of the population actively and intentionally tries to destroy the governments ability to enforce control/secure resources/tax. A civil conflict is more likely in a catastrophic devaluation, but not probable.

that makes sense.

So far I can see how the collapse of the dollar would bring things to a stand still for a while, and weaken the US on the world stage ofc. But I wonder, since the dollar becomming worthless in itself won't destroy the US, how would the globalists be most likely to try to use that situation to wipe out the US once and for all?

see thanks for answering before I even got to post lol.

if the usd were to utterly collapse, the economy
would collapse, banks close, busineeses fold etc, because we are a credit economy, everything from hyperinflation, huge rise in interest rates, to who knows what.

depending on the severity and the length of collapse, it could be anything from mere supply disruptions as demand would far outstrip supply in just about everything, all the way to guns in the street as people fight for scraps of food

they way to fix it would be to print tons of money and increase immigration in the country in order to bring more people to spend the money in our economy

so if you want to know what a us currency collapse would look like, it would resemble whats happening in europe right now

so, essentially Greece then. I'm just worried that the land of freedom might cease to exist after a huge event like that. If the dollar collapses, and the government is overthrown by crazy commie revolutionaries, then what? that would be really, really bad.

> they way to fix it would be to print tons of money and increase immigration

Kill yourself, kike shill.

The actual solution is to close the borders, replace welfare with public works projects, make usury illegal, and go back to the gold standard.

First the welfare checks stop, then the great American chimpout begins.

sure those are potential solutions but
you obviously live in a fantasy world
if you think thats how the world we actually live in will
solve a usd currency crisis

You guys never heard of bitcoin?

yup pretty much like greece, or venzuela right now
but a usd collapse of huge proportions will also effect many other nations and lead to realignment
of the global power structure

some people want this!

>Gold/silver

why the fuck arent you buying bitbean, and mooncoin and other crypos?

APOCALYPSE WHEN

bitcoin will die with the electrical grid. how will miners pay their bills when the currency they used to pay their bill is worthless? pay in bitcoin? and without miners, the bitcoin network dies.

>realignment of the global power structure
that is correct, but, the very people at the top of the current monetary paradime are currently stacking up on gold. All the central banks, and nations like Russia and China are hording all the gold they can get their hands on. So I think it's very likely, that the very same people on top now, will stay on top after the realignment.

because I have some actual knowledge about cryptocurrencies and how the blockchain works. When the power goes, the miners go. When the miners go, the chains security/integrity mechanism goes. When that goes, the trust in it goes, and the value drops like a rock.

the only problem i have with bitcoin is that you need access to the internet, not just you, but the places you plan to spend it as well

if the economy were to TRULY collapse, which i dont think will ever happen, but since we are being hypothetical, if it go so bad we had wide scale power grid failures for example, then bitcoin becomes difficult to use

gold and silver in your pocket has no counter party risk, and no dependence on other types of infrastructure

WHEN will the dollar collapse? I really just want this whole thing to end ATM desu senpai

Powerful industrial nations such as mine will secure the dollar for the time it takes to, uh, assume "reforms" (purges).

for now we're still here, but I'm going to start gathering all the rescources I need for when shit hits the fan. I just hope It doesn't happen over the next few months.

as an american my biggest concern is that i will have to walk to the mcdonald's drive thru instead taking the car

forgot pic.

make your own seed bank, worst case scenario is lack of food

kek

Well then what are some indicators that it will happen? What should one be on the look out for?

Easy, the military would be paid in specie, just like how the Romans made sure their Legions got paid in gold while they debased the Denarii.

This. All of these things will be far more useful and far more valuable than shiny metal bars once the war begins.

Its happening but at a very slow pace.

>at a very slow pace
So then does that really mean anything in the long run? I mean, wouldn't people be acclimated to how worthless it is by then?

There are many things that could trigger a devaluation of the dollar. Most likely I think, is that the US defaults on it's debt, or are declared unable to pay off their debt.

Best survival helpers are tanks full of clean drinking water, lots of grains packed in impenetrable containers, salt, gold, alcohol, lighters, lightbulbs, ammunition and weapons. I also recommend a big stash of emergency coal, iodine tablets, heavy duty hazmat gear (for nuclear outside missions) and a few of those mini solar panels you can charge phones and tablets with. If you have any natural resources near you, harvest them and explore methods to make them long-lasting. Good luck on the other side.

Its all tied to the petrodollar and how many oil exporters only use the dollar for trading the petrol.

As far as oil importing countries are concerned they still need it.

You can't eat silver, or cure infections with it or purify water either. Your silver is worthless unless someone needs it. Same for gold or bitcoin.

They don't let you order in the drive thru without a car

I'm terribly sorry, I'm not well versed in this subject, so please forgive any questions that seem stupid

So is there anything in the foreseeable future that might cause the dollar to tank?
When would you expect the dollar to totally collapse?

you should be stacking some precious metals for maintaining your purchasing power after the war though.

Also, this. If countries stop trading oil in USD, and stop basing their currencies on the dollar and switch to gold, the dollar instantly becomes worthless.

silver can prevent infections though. But you'd need som serious gear to purify and dilute silver particles in water. Also, read the thread. It should become abundently clear by now, that nobody except dumbasses like you are talking about stacking silver for use in the period of uproar, but after that when things settle down.

If countries decided to stop using the petrodollar and use a different currency instead. But we would actively topple regimes to prevent that from happening ;)

This. I repeat, the most important thing is a food reservoir. I base mine around grain. Trade items and energy are important, but useless if you can barely even afford to have bread.

And another important thing is that you need to keep your survival stash SECRET. Otherwise you risk getting blackmailed after shit hit the fan.

>What will happen to the US when the dollar collapses?

>Country with massive natural resources
>Their currency will collapse!

But you can't eat it. And you can't take someones food away from them by throwing it at them

True
Someone once said if a bunch of countries sold of their US treasury bonds we'd be fucked, is that true? How would that come about happening?

If you want a fast plummet you need to get Saudi Arabia to cut ties with america and abandon Nixon's contract to trade in oil only with US dollars.

The value is going down because as governments shift they abandon the contract they had with Nixon and start trading with euros and other currencies aswell. The less a currency is used the less value it has.

This is the main reason that todays US has a big interest in Syria and Iran.

there is something in the forseeable now. China, Russia and India are stacking gold like crazy. And china has straight up said that it wants to create a gold backed currency to use as the global reserve currency. If that happens, then the dollar becomes worthless, and all paper assests backed by the dollar become worthless.

You would, but you can't just straight up topple China or Russia like you have been doing to the sandniggers.

As long as the dollar is the reserve currency it won't collapse in a catastrophic way. As long we have our military all over the planet protecting trading lanes the dollar won't be replaced as the reserve currency.

The Fed can just buy T-bills themselves, and if need be the Treasury could even declare the bonds China bought and theoretically wanted to call out as void (which would be brinksmanship but so would them doing that).

It'd be bad, but they can still engage in all sorts of dodgy shit to kick the can one last time.

From what I've heard, Saudi Arabia wishes to move AWAY from oil (domestically at least) within the next 20 years, will that have any effect?
Very interesting, when do you think they'll be able to unveil this gold backed currency?

the hell are you expecting will happen? the dollar collapses and WW3 nuclear winter ensues?

>And china has straight up said that it wants to create a gold backed currency to use as the global reserve currency. If that happens, then the dollar becomes worthless, and all paper assests backed by the dollar become worthless.

As long as the world finance centers are in the US and the UK, they make the rules; and I don't see Goldman Sachs & Co leaving the Anglo countries because they a) have rule of law and b) can buy top-tier politicians more easily than in China.
I don't see Wall Street accepting some Chinese currency. They would have to gain something, not lose power.

The dollar was an experiment with a beginning, middle, and a soon-approaching end. Everything is fine, the transition won't be catastrophic (though like with all uncertain scenarios, some people will get rich and others will stay poor)

I doubt the saudis will abandon american protection over their oil fields. That's absurd.

Not him, but it sounds like he's expecting full societal collapse if this were to Happen

USD is backed by oil you mong.

To me, it sounded like they wanted to move their country to "cleaner energy" something gay like that

USD is backed by guns and software you ape.

China is a liar. If they start using a gold backed currency then they can't manipulate their currency anymore. If they have the reserve currency they won't be able to export as much as they are now. It makes no sense for them to even want to have the reserve currency.

Unfortunately, my nation has become sofet and retarded.
Yeah, I don't know about nuclear winter but without the "security" of cash this place will unravel pretty fuckin fast

soft

Well im all for it if it happens. This petro scam needs to end.

Do I look like a guberment insider? It is very telling though, how China has been hording gold like crazy ever since 2008. Maybe even earlier? not sure.

>some people want this!

Many such cases!

What events do we know of that could trigger the end of the US dollar? And, what excactly IS the current state of the dollar? How would I go about looking into this? like in, what information would be relevant to look up about the economy, the fed, the government, the US national debt, and so on?

True, I wish we'd all just switch to nuclear

lol thanks user i need to use that one

I know words, I have the best words!

China doesn't even want to be the new reserve currency, it's a major headache and a lot of bullshit they can't afford to deal with.

It's just posturing and a good way to needle the US if need be.

You'd need to understand what the currency is and how it works, what a reserve currency is and how that works, why the USD is the reserve currency, you'd have to know what our national debt actually consists of (most of it is in the form of bonds and treasury securities owned by citizens, not by governments), what the national debt does, why China won't tell us to pay them what small fraction of our debt they actually hold, the effect of our military presence on our status as a reserve currency, and that will be a good start.
Then you have to imagine a scenario in which all that changes to see a real collapse of the USD.

Honest question here. Where does the money paid on the interest of the debt go?

china has the biggest gold reserves in the world and currently trying to make a world back and gold backed currency, Dollars been dead since 2013

You have to exploit exchange rates. Buy medical supplies /food /etc while they're cheap now. Exchange supplies for gold/silver when shtf and gold /silver has little worth. Have stockpile of now more valuable gold /silver once society stabilizes.

Jewing 101

Why would they want a gold backed currency? How does it benefit them specifically?

how does it benefit the US?

>implying (((they))) would ever let that happen

What?

Explain why China would want to be the reserve currency.
Because as I see it it would inflate the value of their currency making it harder for them to continue to manufacture and export at the rate they need to to maintain their absurdly high levels of GDP growth.

why is the dollar the reserve currency, and how does it benefit the US?

I'm talking about China, how does china creating a gold backed currency benefit china?

I already don't give a shit about jewelry what makes you think I'm going to care about some stupid fucking metal after society collapses?

Literally the last thing I take after I kill you and take all of your belongings.

because they are like 1850s london in the industrial revolution, but worse they cheat and lie to other countries, it benefits alot because the poor countries will trust them just because they are in the dollar, yen, and euro basket aka the currencies of the world.

I'm not certain, but it must be better than sitting on a bunch of monopoly money that could become completly worthless as soon as the faith in it is lost? I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm asking serious questions.

i'm not sure if i'd rather want to die or eat canned food for a year.

The only way to collapse the dollar is to close every MacDonald's. That's when shit will really hit the fan.

>56% of US population ded within the first two weeks

I have some,it's actually a kind of safe bet in case hopefully blood doesn't flow in rivers in the streets of europe and the economy doesn't collapse etc if I'm wrong I can at least give an inheritance tax free that isn't affected by inflation and it cot rolled by the gov so it can't simply Cyprus my money out of my bank account or Argentina my exchange rates or Venezuela my economy,so to me is a kind of safety net,in the mad max scenario of the big chimp out,it will be useless until society recovers but i have nearly all i need and my silver won't be needed or used (maybe only a few coins)but the bulk of it is buried safely in the mountains.
(Kind of old pic it has grown a bit since then)

not if -we- "get" Merkl first...

China needs their currency to be weak and the US and EU currencies to be strong because they are an exporter nation. Importer nations need their currency to be strong. China would be shooting itself in the foot by giving itself a more valuable currency. Becoming a reserve currency would increase the demand for Yen and would give it more value, meaning Americans and Europeans would not be able to purchase as many Chinese goods. They would be wrecking their own economy.

nice stack you got there. I'm getting my first 10 ozt tomorrow. I feel sorry for the plebs that are going to lose all their money when the financial system dies. I just hope it doesn't happen before I get some supplies together. Also, do you think it would be a good idea to invest in the premium values? or should I go for stacking generic bullions?

I don't think they want a gold backed currency right now,they are more than happy using worthless fiat to buy gold and silver at the rate they are doing right now,when they decide to drop the dollar then they might use said gold to give their yuan credibility in contrast with most fiat shit.
Russia is also buying like crazy.

My bitcoin and ethereum stash will be worth even more.

It depends on how much faith you have in the collapse and how tin foil you wanna go with it,if absolutely tin foil,forget about premiums just buy recognised shit that will be easily tradable,i also recommend you get old junk silver,in spain we have the 100 pesetas that would be the equivalent of junk silver,as such if you use it in an apocalyptic scenario you can always claim you found it in your family basement and it's your very last coin unlike a shiny fancy round that will be suspicious of some stacker.
Also if the economy goes down the shitter if you try to sell your premium exclusive limited edition super fancy 400 euros coin for 300 the guy will probably offer to give you 20 and you'll end up accepting due to it being worthless in a real emergency so the collectors value is only a value in good scenarios,as such I would just go for the cheapest shit you can find,i do have some fancy rounds (one of each kind)but that's because most of my buying i do it using second hand selling apps so as to avoid taxes 21% and the company benefit (another 3% at least) you can either do so,or also buy in Estonia since they are vat free although of course that only means they sell it at 20% over the price knowing it's still cheaper than other yuro options.

If you're not tinfoily or think there is still time before the collapse you can get fancy shit that will get its value so you can resell for a profit...Maybe. ..since I buy from preowned shit i have some fancy ones sold at weight value wich will increase its worth.
I suggest you read more about it not only trust some kind spanish user...

it will be worthless. see above for explenation.

Yellowstone in October, its been seen with the future viewing goggles (that chair thing the elites had). In fact I think they always knew it was in October just not which year, it could only be guessed based on the other tech/society they were seeing in the picture.

5 Months.

I disagree and think banks and hedge funds and other vultures will love to play by raping your ass with pump and dump,they even do that with silver and gold,I'm pretty sure they'll be glad as soon as it becomes a bigger market to simply buy (pump) see as other retards sell their houses and everything watching how the price raises to the moon,then buy another different meme coin that now has gone down in value due to lack of demand while the sheeple flock in the bubble and...dump It at the peak,and then with the profit pump the other meme coin they previously bought dirt cheap,thus the value will increase, sheeple will flock...and...
Good luck with it though not for me for the moment,as an investment maybe but not as a way to store value.

I don't really think the ww3 nuclear winter doomsday senario is likely. At worst I think there will be a civil war in the US, and maybe some countries around the world, but I ultimately think that the US will pull through, civil war or not, and rebuild their economy, and society will do just fine after a period of possibly really harsh unrest. And after the economy then rebuilds again, surely coins will still have much higher value than what it's worth in silver weight? That's why think I'll be going for a good amount of coins. Absolute worst case senario though, of course, is that the US is wiped out, and the world is plummeted into a socialist 1984 dystopia, in which case I'm not certain about the value of anything but food, water and shelter, but certainly unless society recovers, coins aren't going to be worth more than their weight in silver/gold.