What's the mentality behind getting a worthless degree like communications, history, gender shit etc?

What's the mentality behind getting a worthless degree like communications, history, gender shit etc?

So that good little genderfluid drones can be sent out into society to utterly fuck it up for ever.

It feels good to me smarter than everyone else. 4/10 bait replied for weed qt

We have been told since early childhood that everyone should get a degree, and anyone can be anything they want if they just put their mind to it.

This is literally the only career guidance people get. You're actually surprised that some stupid 18 year old chooses a shitty major?

There are two culprits here. Shitty parents that think just having any degree will land you a decent career, leaving their children to make retarded decisions. Also money grubbing colleges that suck gullible kids into worthless majors just so they can suck money out of them

You have to realize that most people shouldn't be in college in the first place.

you get a degree and since almost all employers these day say you at least need that to even be considered for the job their degree is still worth it

unfortunately

because most jobs now require you to have the box checked that you have a degree because they get so many resumes that they need an easy way to filter them

in this day and age if you can't manage to get a simple 4 year degree then you are a subhuman degenerate that probably doesn't belong in the workforce

it's a simple test of competency and can be done with no debt

... thats a boy, right?

they are too stupid to get a real degree.

and that sums it up nicely.

This. Also, what's the real alternative for an average milennial without any significant talents? Working a minimum wage job? Enlisting? NEETing? Crime?

You can just buy a fake one from China.

>if you can't manage to get a simple 4 year degree
>can be done with no debt
nigger what the fuck u smoking

I thought communications was a decent degree?

>history
>useless

be a good goy and don't know your history
be a good goy and code for us

Colleges are businesses now.

Retarded courses are like free money to them.

Indecision about career and life. Universities have these to boost enrollment and tuition revenue.

Want the "college experience" while having a sub 100 IQ. They are dumb enough to think it gives their arguments weight.

>history
>useless

Kill yourself, you community college upstart. Plebs like you should have their necks snapped at birth .

Join the ranks of a political party or their antagonists aka lobbyists

>This. Also, what's the real alternative for an average milennial without any significant talents? Working a minimum wage job? Enlisting? NEETing? Crime?
Moving to Germany and claiming that he's from Syria?

The History they teach in uni isn't accurate.

easily done with no debt. i had a 3.9 in high school and was getting scholarships i had never even applied for

do your general classes at a local community college for 2 years then transfer last 2 years to a state college and boom: engineering degree with debt i paid off in less than a year

how fucking hard is this, you illiterate nigger?

If I can afford a nite angel I'm a happy man.

I'm doing graphic communications so I'm in the clear.

The world needs more dumb shits. There's clearly not enough.

History is very valuable but I think we're talking about careers and shit.

A history degree is not going to get you many jobs

history major here, its called replacing the filth currently inhabiting the universities in order to help save western civilization.

you must help give subtle redpills throughout the courses you teach, helping turn the tide

Some women are quite rational about it -- college serves as a place to meet future high-earning men and the degree is useful as a marker of class status. The plan is to get married and never work more than part time. If that fails, teach primary school until someone knocks you up.

Although, increasingly,

Agreed.

All your childhood:
>do what you like
>follow your dreams
>trust your instinct
>do what seems right
>follow your heart

And you end up doing stuff because you "feel" like it and not because you "think" it's a good thing.

It's what happen when you are raised by women.
(beta males works too)

Would I get gibs if I did the same, claiming I'm just a very light-skinned Syrian?

Laziness combined with status symbol within the retard community. None of those mouth breathers assume they'll ever have to work. Why do you think they're in the front lines when it comes to begging the working class for gibs?

after you spend 8 years getting a history PhD so you can apply for a professorship at a university you will find out there is a line a mile long and will be working at mcdonalds like a nigger

Kids don't know what they want to do so they do these stupid majors thinking it's a viable way to make money while they smoke weed and relax for five years through their parents expenses. I have a friend like this actually a really smart guy plays an instrument,speaks two languages, writes and reads in his spare time but is also going to Evergreen to fuck off from the world and dissociate himself from everything it's really sad his father is a very respectable man.

Godspeed.
History is not supposed to be a low tier degree if the University is good and not infested.

>going to uni for a job

you an unlanded pleb? you can go get a grad degree in something that leads to a job after.

>history
I want to study history(among other topics) because I'd like to work in politics and write books. Going to ignore the propaganda and do a lot of work by myself so I could be objective. I don't see why you lump History with gender studies honestly.

History taught in modern schools in the west is not history. It's (((history))).

If you want to learn history, you'd be better off reading fucking wikipedia than go to schools.

So when yhey get into arguments they can pull the "college educated" bullshit like it fucking matters what level of education you have in an argument where you're objectively wrong

History is actually interesting and fun so I can sort of understand why someone would get a degree in that. Still useless though.

>(((wikipedia)))

That's why I said "fucking wikipedia". It's bad but still miles better than schools.

18yo fag here.
What kind of degree will actually be worth my time and money? Do I have to give up the "do something you enjoy" mantra?

>throwing history in with gender shit

i'll agree that the job prospects for history degrees are bleak but it's worth studying for the sake of it.

>qt

You have disgusting standards

Learning about black lesbians in the 14 century is no use to anybody.

the student body is at around 23,000

has had its troubles, but happened to meet some shitposters from here. it's about 50/50, decent weather, faculty is not entirely retarded

It's quite and easy and people might enjoy the subject.

History is a great field of study if you're going back to school semi-retired after a successful career, or are born into the leisure class, or if you're so completely obsessed that you literally can't do anything else. If you're none of those, it's idiotic.

STEM

You don't have to give the jews $60k to learn history.

the assumption is that there are intelligent people out there expecting to get JUST a history degree and find work after.

when in reality the creme de la creme take history classes, enrich themselves, learn some latin and then pick up and head over to law school or some other grad degree like public administration or get an MBA or something

FIRE > STEMFAGS

Learn it on your own time while getting a degree that will allow you to earn money

damn that was simple

trips
engineering...specifically EE since you will be in a position to go into hardware design or writing software. it's even a much better degree for software than pussy CS bullshit

Funny how all these said worthless degrees are the ones responsible for the change of mentality in society, and one of the roots of the problem. If anything, they are the most important ones, but since they're disregarded, they become a playground for the left wing. The mentality for getting such degree would be influecing positively the masses if you are not under their (((influence))) yet, in order to create more people with the same mentality as yours, just like they've done decades ago, and still are doing it, strong as ever.

>thinking university (((history))) courses will teach anything about history
>thinking revisionism of historical topics doesn't happen even in top universities
>still doesn't make the major useful for a career even without the (((influence))) of the topics

Come on m8.

Finance -> MBA

generic business administration

everything science degree is ok
i mean hard science like math not social science shit

>muh do what you love

If doing what you love is useless to society then you won't get paid for it.

MBA is a deep meme
guess which specific degree shitboxes like university of phoenix pump out the most of

dont lie to the poor kid. i got a math degree, data analysis experience and i get hired anywhere because im a white guy and workplaces now have "diversity"

To all young newfags remember the chart

In a word, yes. Another way to think about it is that you'll need to figure out how cultivate a sense of enjoyment from a useful pursuit. Try not to choose something you absolutely hate, but expect some pain.

i majored in history, my professors with the exception for us were based right wingers. History as a discipline tends to skew the furthest right amongst the humanities/social sciences.

Who would have imagined that people sitting around reading about the roman empire all day aren't sjw's

So many defensive history people here; I feel right at home! History's for teaching or law-related jobs. There's still a surprising amount of work available but universities have been hammered for 20 years now with perceptions of futility, so they've turned to pandering and done away with academic rigor. Most of us here defending history probably come from a time (not that long ago) when the perceptions of it being a useless degree were misguided. Now it's on par with religious studies. My old profs and advisors whom I've kept in touch with aren't even working as emeriti they're so disgusted with the current state. U of T grad school, McMaster undergrad.

History degree here

I "studied what interested me". Had to go back to grad school to have any hope of landing an actual professional career.

I'm goodest goy, I know.

doing shit you do not understand and make exel sheet all day
for medium wage
let me kek out loud

Preserving Western culture and the Western order.

It used to be so that they could find a rich husband without worrying about the workload. Fuck knows what they do it for now, since they scream 'rape' at the site of any male

Communications isn't shit m8

Most people are shit at communicating.

History is good. Just get modern skills and couple it with your knowledge of history and aesthetic.

Underage. Out.

Since when did history and subsets like archaeology get lumped in with the retarded shit?

I'll admit i've been out of education almost two decades now, has history really fallen too?

communication is for woman

my american peers only judge fields based on their propensity to lead to work, and thus value wheel in the cog type programming shit over a gentleman's degree like history

Some schools are deleting their history programs and replacing them with social justice class

It's fucking pointless to study history. White men haven't learned a fucking thing from their own history in 2000 years. If they had, we wouldn't be in this mess. White men have been warned about the (((Jewish Question))) for 500 years non-stop from their leaders and haven't done a thing to deal with the issue. So please, stop your bullshit.

Stop virtue signaling.

Post feminist ideals have reimagined history and the study of historical perspectives. Can't take a class without the focus being on women of x ancient civilization or how patriarchy kept women oppressed or evil slavery, etc

No, communications is where colleges used to store football players. Now it's a hotbed of SJW-ism because it's easy and requires no research.

Why not just do that without wasting a ton of cash? It is not like the professors at a large university will help.

>pretends to be a 'gentleman'
>not independently wealthy

I think that affirmative action plays a part in this. Universities accept low-IQ minorities to fulfill diversity quotas, and the only classes that those subhumans can "excel" at are SJW-teir bullshit ones

t. law student

you can learn history on your own but you can't learn engineering in an accredited university so you can become a licensed professional engineer without going to a real school

do history on your own time and have both educations and be a marketable individual with skills needed for the future of society

Swing and a miss.

I'll tell you most people go into college believing all degrees are made equal. Obviously, colleges won't refute this to the freshmen.

Also there's the "ugh, i really suck at math and science..." meme

t. almost studied sociology

Learn it yourself. In the modern academic world unless you look at history with a leftist perspective your research will be rejected.

Something like the horrors of communism is haram to your peers.

engineering master race

>communications,
no useless, communication is one of the biggest problem on these goddamn planet as we can't communicate to everyone how great science and knowledge truely are.

Pharmacy.

Childless single woman are the largest consumers of anti depressants so the industry is doing phenomenal these days.

History isn't useless in 100% of cases. The skills you develop in doing legitimate research and analyzing texts are quite helpful towards the LSAT test needed to get into Law School.

However, I will concede that the major is useless on it's own right. However, if you are taking the major with the intent on helping you get into graduate school, then it's worthwhile.

oh cool I have a math degree, where's that job I ordered

>Would I get gibs if I did the same, claiming I'm just a very light-skinned Syrian?
Well they had blacks saying that they are Syrians, so why not trying?
Deportation, if it ever happens, takes more than a year for European countries anyway.
The only reason why I wouldn't recommend it is that you'd probably have to live together with these wonderful people.

It's not worthless if you think 6 figures of debt is worth validation because you're an insecure cuck faggot.

pill counting? nigger, please. this is mind-numbing nigger work

Blame the baby boomers. They shill college nonstop in the public school system. Career counselors are pushy as fuck with college at high schools because having more college-bound kids looks good for them.

t. HS graduate from 2015 and community college dropout from 2016.

>easily done with no debt
>engineering degree with debt i paid off

are you retarded?

you're right i should pull out and get a degree in IT and work in an office run by an ex history major who cucks me

That's pharmacy technician. A real pharmacist makes insane $$$$.

Your deep insecurities aside, I'm curious how you think your current path will lead to greater personal autonomy.