The Handmaids Tale TV show

>Set in a dystopian future, a woman is forced to live as a concubine under a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship.

This is basically feminist propaganda right? What's the end game here?

Other urls found in this thread:

salon.com/2017/05/29/watch-these-conservatives-do-mental-gymnastics-to-convince-themselves-the-handmaids-tale-is-not-about-them/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think we're going to see a resurgence of "Christians are the real evil zealots!" in the wake of all the Mudslime bombings, rapesprees, and stabbings.

Had to read this book for a mandatory diversity class in college. You're spot on. The entire novel is a wet dream of hysterics against ebil men

Oh fuck no. Please please please no.
I fucking had to read that book in English lit with a feminist teacher and a class full of dumb girls

Since when are theocratic dictatorships a bad thing?

My mum was telling me about how great the show was. This was days after I told her that whites need to have more children if we are to survive.

awful (((feminist))) lit written by a cryptokike bitch, so yeah--the end game is to kill all white men but to coalburn.

it's islam

women will always protect their own over you. Isn't it weird? Women, even your own mum, are genetically encoded to be traitors.

This.
Suffer not the witches to live, and give praises to the Emperor. Humanity; Ever Onward!

Since in that setting it all started going to shit when it became one. But they also literally have to be in order to fight the forces of Chaos and genestealer cults and other xeno infiltrators.

nuh'uh sista
salon.com/2017/05/29/watch-these-conservatives-do-mental-gymnastics-to-convince-themselves-the-handmaids-tale-is-not-about-them/

>a concubine under a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship
>>made by pro-islam women
Why do women have to be retarded?

The show is unexpectedly timely.

Also called modern day Saudi Arabia.

>What's the end game here?
pretty obvious, they portray exactly the society we fight for, the post-day-of-the-rope-deus-vult Christian, fascist ethno-state, and label it bad.

.. it's one, big blue pill clad as entertaintment.

disclaimer: anyone here who wouldn't wanna live in said society, is a shartblue shill and has to go back to whatever cyber shit hole they came from.

Yep, that's really our problem in 2017- those damned puritans. And I like that she sets here in the states to avoid slandering the beacon of free expression that is canada.

These people live in a different world t b h

Err racist and sexist much?

It's a fascinating insight into the mind of a female. Females are obsessed with control. With being controlled, breaking the bonds of that control, then seeking out men that reassert that control.

Think about it, women always cheat with more dominant men. Always. The Handmaidens Tale is feminist bullshit. Women can't help being bitches, the whole point is that the system is supposed to suppress that, instead it's the opposite, it encourages it, teaches women to be mindless evil cunts who at best get a man fired from his job because she was "uncomfortable", and at worst murder their own children and then have feminist judges let them free because "they have suffered enough".

Fuck the system, only North Korea can save our souls.

Since Pisslam

>It's a fascinating insight into the mind of a female. Females are obsessed with control. With being controlled, breaking the bonds of that control, then seeking out men that reassert that control.

That was a flawless analysis. They're fucking insane.

yes, Saudi Arabia is racist, sexist, homophobic supreme edition culture conservative.

everything we wanna be, except they're muslim and therefore our enemies.

So it's basically Man In the High Castle 2: Christian Boogaloo?

If Europe had the opportunities to be all of those things and could maintain a white majority as the price of becoming muslim, would you take it?

I hate to have to break it to you but we are not fighting for that, bro.

So we are with you or we are against you.... fucking moron.

OP the only thing i know about that show is that I'm NOT GOING TO WATCH THIS SHIT!

idunno what that is, user. Sorry.
of course we would, if it wasn't for two small things.. beer and bacon.
fuck off shill cunt nigger

A
FUCKING
LEAF

That's the trick. The society they depict is, in practice, Islam. Except they dress it up as fundamentalist Christian. To give the impression that there is some Christian ISIS waiting in the wings in this country, and the minute they stop hashtagging they'll all be packed off to re-education centers.

As has been pointed out it's a window into women's subconscious craziness in being cuck propaganda piece against the only people trying to protect them from this life and a big fat rape fantasy rolled into one neat package.

I could live without both those things pretty easily, alcohol causes degeneracy.

Nope.
All rational debate is quenched in islam

I don't know what it is but I could barely make it through a single episode.

It's just bad.

its current day islam

The worst thing about the book is that it's just so painfully boooooooooooooooooooooooring. It's easily the most boring "sci-fi" "classic" and has absolutely zero insights to offer us.

Someone thought a relevant future dystopia would be a Christian theocracy. Mind-numbingly stupid persecution complex. I guess they were really scared that Pat Robertson represented "the future" and thought George W. Bush was a really devout believer.

>Indulge in endless paranoia about how the Christian right is going to oppress you
>Wear hijab in solidarity with Muslims, march at the behest of "Sharia Law isn't that bad!"

Remember, media is never about showing what we want. It's about showing what they want.

christians are the REAL jihadists. pic related is the author.

>alcohol causes degeneracy
only if you're predispositioned for alcoholism, brit friend, and thus it helps weed out the weak.

Speak for yourself, I want a healthy 1950s society full of productive men and happy homemaking women with an interest in scientific advancement. Fuck off with your dark ages fantasy.

Expect a biographical film played by Meryl Streep about her in the near future

this is the new narrative from the left. it's going to be non-stop christians are the real evil jihadist as jihad goes full swing this summer

>a healthy 1950s society full of productive men and happy homemaking women with an interest in scientific advancement
how is this not compatible with a fascist, conservative ethnostate?

are you afraid of the term "fascist"? do you prefer "traditionalist"?

Well being able to abstain from it when you know it causes you to do degenerate things is a show of strength I'd say.

>a woman is forced to live as a concubine under a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship
like saudi arabia?

exactly, and if the subject is not able to do this, he will either perish by his own accord or be mercifully terminated.

Anything to distract from Christian Bombings, rapesprees, and stbabing amirite?

Are you aware of the Fallout game series by any chance? Because what you are describing matches the backstory almost exactly.

>888
based magyarbro

It went to shit before that, becoming a zero tolerance maximum hate state was the only way to survive and fight off the horrors of the Galaxy, even the emperor realized he was wrong about the strength of faith.

don't i know it. waiting for summer of terror 2: electric boogaloo.

Read it again. Especially the part about the future professor who tells his audience that you cant judge Gideon because of that " different time and culture ".
The Book mocks leftist liberals who will defend any other shit culture just for being " progressive ".

I'm watching it now, the first scene is literally a white woman with a mulatto baby on the run from the police lol

Yes, it contains a faint tinge of self awareness, but mainly it peddles a certain narrative.

Might have to watch just for the keks

i've just downloaded it to see how long i can last

her negro husband is wearing glasses because he's a muh intellectual but he's just been executed by the Drumpf death squads

looks like we dropped christ for the old gods just in time to fuck up their plans

I don't care what you call it, nor do I care who I'd have to step over in order to get it, but I am not fighting for the society depicted in the show which is a Christian Luddite police state where they hang doctors and scientists, suppress all cultural expressions (even healthy ones) and secret police keep order only through paranoia and the barrel of a gun.

That sounds more like an /r9k/ fapfic then a society of strong people who know their own identity and happily strive to build a better world for their children, like in NatSoc Germany or 50s America.

Sure but without the silly gimmicky shit Bethesda put in there.

how does the series end? do the strong womyn ruin society in a triumphant display of their womynhood?

>yfw you hear this shit is considered a modern literary classic in leafland

Iirc Atwood got the idea for the book from the Iranian revolution, no?

yeah fuck off user
i've been to saudi arabia
it's the most boring fucking place on earth

Honestly it would be hilarious if we livestreamed it in a Sup Forums thread for the keks. I only saw the first episode but there are so many moments like that

>"We're all pagans here r-right, guys."

That means it's probably free of degeneracy.

It is just as much of a cancer as judaism and islam. Conservative christcucks would love to implement the old testament laws and punishments.

>Lead woman in the show is a coalburner
oy vey

heh nope, it's just free of anything fun
to make up for it, the locals stuff their faces continuously, and chug gallons of sugary drinks
saudis are almost as fat as americans

Oh man, people get "issued" women in this series. It's actually pretty cool so far, it's like a series set in a utopian society

desu except for the whole "breed like rabbits" thing, traditional Christianity was pretty based. Why adultery was decriminalized in the first place is beyond me.

>utopian
>niggers still exist
user, I...

that'd be pretty sweet

Yeah everyone keeps forgetting they freely racemix with black handmaids

Yeah Arabs have a weird culture of over feeding. Arab mums will encourage their kids to eat more even after they are full.

I know, I actually did say that. I'm only 12 minutes in but one of the nigger maid's is like 1/8th black admixture fucking unacceptable desu

>try to bluepill normies about "Dystopian future"
>normies watch retarded show
>this is exactly what Muslims are doing RIGHT NO
>oyyvey.jpeg

Kekekek

I'm totally at lost why SJWs aren't protesting against this show, as it is so clearly warning the west of Saudi Arabia aka muslim world.

Women will watch it because to them not being fucked by the male models they see on TV feels like oppression.

Look for "Every Unhappy Wife is a Rape Victim" on plebbit/r/theredpill (warning: Jew author)

No. It was not. It damaged the healthy relationship between the European males and females. We are not meant to have semitic-like disdain for women. White women are our strongest asset against (((them))), and what separates us from other races.

What are you talking about user? Don't you see that Western Christianity is so much more of a threat?

If Americans are so fat, why do we keep having to rid your country with its dead language of every shit tier invader? A line of muz is pulling a train on your sister right now...

Tfw wounded and acid attacked women only happens in islamic countries. They somehow portray this as a bad white thing when its nonexisting in western society. Basically a white man islam series without them realizing it probarly kek

There's nothing the left loves more than pretending that Christians are muslims.

>they're wearing Habits and not Hijabs

SO BRAVE

just another implicitly white show full of white people. fucking racists...

It's awesome as fuck, there's some Nazi woman shocking liberal tinder sluts with shock batons and dragging them off

It's supposed to make me feel bad but I'm getting a fucking boner

This is true. but it's pretty hard to like women these days with the nonsense they get up to.

Spectacularly, she actually isn't Jewish.

implying this isnt modern Islam

Yeah libshits say it makes for distressing viewing lol

Likewise with men. See past the chosens' programming.

she must be a crypto. look at her, for god's sake.

Don't worry I'm no MGTOW cuck

literally this

the funny thing is...
the handmaids tale is basically a nearly perfect rendition of Saudi Arabia

literally a 'I should have checked my privilege' greentext made into a TV series.

Also, I actually did my A level English coursework on Margret Atwood's dystopias, in comparison with Huxley and Orwell. The Handmaid's tale is basically Nineteen Eighty-Four, except with patriarchy instead of communism. Except that it has none of the imagination or subtlety. Atwood admitted herself that she just ripped off a couple of stories that had been in the headlines and took them so far they almost became parody. There's none of the world-building details like Newspeak. None of the subtle little moments of terror like turning opening a diary into a life or death situation, or making the reader fear for what two children will do to their own parents. There are no characters with the psychological complexity of O'Brien. She just continuously bludgeons you over the head with 'men & religion = evil'.

And for the record, I still say that Nineteen Eighty-Four itself was pretty basic compared to Brave New World.

Can someone post some 'I should have checked my privilege' greentexts. I have a feeling I'm going to need them if this show keeps going.

>SHE WAS ROUNDED UP IN THE DYKE PURGES

lol

What is amazing is the number of women who don't seem to get that this is Islam NOW

They think that islam is good and that muslims only do bad things because the patriarchy hurts them.

Atwood even specifically stated that she wrote it partly as a response to the Iranian revolution in 1979