Kabuteros discussion

>If evolution is real, why hasn't this animal evolved in 450 Million Years? Atheists need to stop believing in fairy tales.

During the breeding season, horseshoe crabs migrate to shallow coastal waters. A male selects a female and clings to her back. Often, several males surround the female and all fertilize together which makes it easy to spot and count females as they are the large center carapace surrounded by 3-5 smaller ones. The female digs a hole in the sand and lays her eggs while the male(s) fertilize them. The female can lay between 60,000 and 120,000 eggs in batches of a few thousand at a time. The eggs take about two weeks to hatch; shore birds eat many of them before they hatch. The larvae molt six times during the first year.[15] Raising horseshoe crabs in captivity has proven to be difficult. Some evidence indicates mating takes place only in the presence of the sand or mud in which the horseshoe crab's eggs were hatched. It is not known with certainty what is in the sand that the crab can sense, nor how they sense it.[16]

You have it there, it is a perfect merged species.

Because of it's extreme reproduction rate, allways expanding at eulerian number growth.

Now we take Mendeleians inheritance into account then it will produce an geneticly stable elders generations only with very slight genetic shifting.

So this is a reason why it did not evolve.

It also consumes small food, you can find it anywhere in the ocean.

They also have very good sights, a really high amount of eyes gives them almost 100% higher visibility angle than humans and this optic system also operates with far more wavelenghs.

And these creatures are very sturdy.

Hmm...

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/science/health/a26038/the-blood-of-the-crab/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_crab#Blood
khaolak-today.com/index.html?/insider/pfeilschwanzkrebs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They also have blue blood, which is used in the medical industry to detect certain bacteria. It is actually really cool, but the medical industry bleeding them out is also bringing them to extinction, and there is no substitute for what their blood does.

They also use to creep me out as a kid when they would be on our beach, but I think they are cool as fuck now.

Their blood is also one of the most valuable fluids in the world. Literally worth more than gold.

Interesting Informations..

Is this gram staining referring to? I thought they used polyethylene blue..

popularmechanics.com/science/health/a26038/the-blood-of-the-crab/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_crab#Blood

>
>popularmechanics.com/science/health/a26038/the-blood-of-the-crab/
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_crab#Blood

Thank you.

in wich City do you live, just in case i want to study these?

>>If evolution is real, why hasn't this animal evolved in 450 Million Years? Atheists need to stop believing in fairy tales.
>why hasn't this animal evolved in 450 Million Years?

kek, it takes you that long to level it to lvl40?? LMAO fucking scrub

I use to live on the east end of Long Island. They use to be around all the time, now they are a pretty rare sight. The marine life is not like it use to be when I was a kid. Sad.

Why would they evolve if they're doing fine?

They don't evolve because they are well adapted to their environment in the current form. Just that.

Did apes evolve it not?

>Did apes evolve

No, they just moved to Detroit.

this

That's very insulting to a chimps intelligence my dude.

Wtf are we talking about a Pokemon or reality?

>One interesting species highlighting something about genetic change and evolution that we don't understand BTFO every other living thing we've ever studied.

Yes, religitard, you win. No possible argument against magical invisible space Jew god poofing everything into existence exactly as it is now and making some things already dead to bury under the ground to fuck with us while showing observable change in genetic structures and DNA over time consistently to fuck with us even more.

And if you were to move them to a different environment they go extinct very quickly. Because "evolution" takes such a long time. Yet somehow something was able to live long enough in order to adapt to its environment.

>observable change
>entirely new species emerging

Only one of these matters, and only one has happened. And that one does not hold both attributes simultaneously.

This kills the crab

taking a meme seriously

kys

evolution is dependant on environmental pressures, most animals living in the deep sea, for example, have remained almost identical because the pressures of life in the deep sea have remained mostly unchanged

sadz :.{

>universal basic income is enacted across the world
>people have little use anymore
>will be organ harvested in the same way once no one cares about their fellow man

Why would it need to?

There is no magic threshold where a new species emerges, my man, it's minute changes to genetic code all the way down.

>I use to live on the east end of Long Island. They use to be around all the time, now they are a pretty rare sight. The marine life is not like it use to be when I was a kid. Sad.

Thanks, good to know.

They also need special sand to reproduce, they are really hard to breed in farms so the lack of sand (rising sealevel, rising silicate demand) are extinction factors.

So they catch them alive because it is more profitable.

yes, a random mutation that the species can survive but creates a fundamental difference

fucking kek

gradual changes, sudden transplantation of an organism to a vastly divergent locale is not a gradual change

/vp/ is much funnier than this.

Not him but I have a beach house in Cape May NJ, on the Delaware Bay and there's a shitload here on our beaches

Nope. DNA is coded from the beginning. No information is ever added. Mutations alter existing information, they do not add entirely new information.

The deep sea has remained the same.

How did anything come to evolve to be capable to survive in it if it never went through gradual change? How did it survive to begin with? Do you mean to say.... it was made to be able to survive? Because that isn't evolution.

well if there's no real way to distinguish a species, then there's no way to distinguish a genus and soo on, etc, et al, until we're literally the same thing as a mushroom because you can't understand granular categorisation methodology

thanks for the (U), thought no-one got the joke ;__;

pressure, salinity, light level, changes to sea level, extenuating factors introduced by surrounding marine environs to the local biosphere, the fucking tides, presence of nutrient inflow or production by lower order organisms, et al

there's a reason it's a stem field and not a social science

>Nope. DNA is coded from the beginning. No information is ever added. Mutations alter existing information, they do not add entirely new information.

Sometimes new chromosome pairs appear or disappear.

As someone who studied marine science in undergrad I can tell you that its actually really easy to raise them in captivity...at least for a while after the eggs hatch. The lab next to mine was really good at it.
They're right^ It's not really about continuing to evolve, more so about reaching a point where its a stable population, but you already mentioned that...so your point?

Not necessarily. There are ways to perform this task without killing the animal, but based on how many times you do it and how old/stressed it is, it can be fatal. Most current practices that take blood for lab are non-fatal.
They are still common in DE and MD, but yes, their numbers are on the decline. Mostly this is due to over fishing. They used to be used as fertilizer and just recently (last few years) there has been an effort in these states to try and conserve the population.

Do you have have a single proofs to back that claim up?

Entire sections of chromosomes or even chromosomes themselves can be deleted or copied, what are you talking about?

"Harvesting horseshoe crab blood involves collecting and bleeding the animals, and then releasing them back into the sea. Most of the animals survive the process"

its just a wild pokeman. those shits dont evolve. you got to make them fight stuff like bats and peoples house cats.

every one knows that

There is a way to distinguish species. What you just said has absolutely no meaning. No new species have emerged. Unless you include extinction periods... and then you have evolution occurring at a much faster rate than what is "shown" in the fossil record. So which is it?

Doesn't answer the question.

>why hasn't this animal evolved
maybe it has

This, it developed it's defense mechanism some point 451 million years ago or more and has been able to survive and keep the species going. Resulting in no need for it to change

Not new information. Just duplication. A copy of the information already present. And usually broken aka lacking information not gaining new information.

Yeah it's called genetics. Again, not new information. Copies of existing information. The fact you can't distinguish the difference says a lot. You shouldn't be here.

>kabutops
i pray to god they never evolve, they are creepy enough already, dont need them to become bipedal with sword hands

Okay you're right because you say you're right and everyone else is dumb. Good argument.

Arguing against evolution after the discovery of nylon-eating bacteria has gotten laughably pathetic.

>They are still common in DE and MD, but yes, their numbers are on the decline. Mostly this is due to over fishing. They used to be used as fertilizer and just recently (last few years) there has been an effort in these states to try and conserve the population.

And people eat them.

khaolak-today.com/index.html?/insider/pfeilschwanzkrebs.html

My theory was just that they reached the elder Generation only state at an overwhelmingly fast rate, causing it to be stable since 450k+ years once they adapted that breeding system.

nice triple

And what if the copied sequence mutates?

Yes that is exactly what evolutionists say but instead of referring to biology I am referring to genetics. Just because you don't know shit about genetics doesn't mean other people don't.

It mutates because it loses information.

i thought the earth was only 6000 years old? checkmate

But were you there when the genetic information was lost? Did you see it happen?

>Nope. DNA is coded from the beginning. No information is ever added. Mutations alter existing information, they do not add entirely new information.

But that's like saying English is one sentence because the words don't change, but even that is wrong. You have have totally different amid acid compositions if you needed to.

>bacteria which reproduces at an incredible rate mutates in order to breakdown nylon
>turning into an entirely different species over millions of years starting from bacteria and archaea and then magically turned into all life you see also know as everything classified under eukaryote.

Yet the driving factor of evolution is supposedly the environment and yet you see so much different life "forming" within the EXACT same environment.

Think about it.

>Not new information. Just duplication. A copy of the information already present.

Yeah, many numbers of the 4 number system, meaning complete new codes when chromoaomes get mixed.

> And usually broken aka lacking information not gaining new information.

It is not broken, they are deactivated, that's all. You can activate them with the right know-how, I would love to have an DNA Assembler.. let's see what happens in the future.

>This, it developed it's defense mechanism some point 451 million years ago or more and has been able to survive and keep the species going. Resulting in no need for it to change

No, it was the adaptation of the breeding system, afterwards it gained that defensive system very quick, because of this "kickstarter".

What do you mean by that? Do you know what mutation is?

You can get both more base pairs and different sequence from mutation.

If for example Adenine is changed into Guanine the sequence is now different.

sections can be inserted, deleted, nucleotides substituted and the reading frame for a gene can shift.

Isn't that new information?

>>Not new information. Just duplication. A copy of the information already present.

>Yeah, many numbers of the 4 number system, meaning complete new codes when chromoaomes get mixed.

>> And usually broken aka lacking information not gaining new information.

>It is not broken, they are deactivated, that's all. You can activate them with the right know-how, I would love to have an DNA Assembler.. let's see what happens in the future.

>>This, it developed it's defense mechanism some point 451 million years ago or more and has been able to survive and keep the species going. Resulting in no need for it to change

>No, it was the adaptation of the breeding system, afterwards it gained that defensive system very quick, because of this "kickstarter".
>
>What do you mean by that? Do you know what mutation is?

>You can get both more base pairs and different
>sequence from mutation.

>If for example Adenine is changed into Guanine the sequence is now different.

>sections can be inserted, deleted, nucleotides substituted and the reading frame for a gene can shift.

>Isn't that new information?

You are completely right. Good explanation.

topkek, but where were you when evolution happened? Did you see it happen. Get a grip kid

That is a false equivalence. And it would also be stupid to say. All DNA is made up of the same 4 nucleobases. They can be arranged in different manners, for example you and I are 99% the same as far as DNA code, but that little difference makes up everything that is different about us.

But every last bit of it is the same code. If you were to have a sentence, and then duplicate that sentence, but in the duplication process, the words became jumbled, you would still have the same words, just in different order.

Not new information. You could also lose words entirely, but never gain.

This damn app, I should use my PC more frequently..

More base pairs of the same information. Different sequence of the same information.

Not new information.

Deactivated, aka lost. Aka not a gain of NEW information.

Nice deflection but since you didn't see it happen you don't know that it actually did. On the other hand I was there for the horseshoe crab evolving so it looks like I win this round buddy.

>I put the word "magically" in my description of evolution to indicate the part that makes me confused and scared.
Kys. But also I don't understand your point about the evolution occurring in the "same environment"... the mutated/evolved (same thing, ultimately) was discovered in an area with factory effluent full of bits of nylon. And nylon has existed for how long? A few decades?

>Deactivated, aka lost. Aka not a gain of NEW information.

Be precise, lost is something else than deactivated.

Alex raped you

and

You raped Alex

conveys the same information? y/n?

This is a slide thread by fake religious nuts, it has nothing to do with politics and is full of bait

Eusqecen si exreltmey mpiotartn btoh in alunggae nad And rtcanrsiitonp. Rae ouy cunkgif rreteadd?

So speciation really is a meme. Everything we see and call 'evolution' is really just adaptation.

I use this argument when talking to darwinfag friends. If we evolved from primates, why are there still primates like chimps/ apes??

You're an idiot.

But evolution takes millions of years?
>kys
You first.

Another false equivalence. Go back to school sven.

Still not new information. You be precise.

>This is a slide thread by fake religious nuts, it has nothing to do with politics and is full of bait

No, it discusses this often appearing Thread but starting with an theory wich is plausible instead of having the standard poltard thread this one has at least a bare minimum informationaccumulation with some sense behind it.

So based on 'some evidence' and a mating process with the sand that we don't quite understand, we can disprove evolution?

yes hans, the fucking horseshoe crab is the apex of sentient life how I wish I was a prehistoric crab
>kys

The evolutionist answer is that we didn't, which is correct. Where they go wrong is when they continue with saying we evolved from a common ancestor.

different nucleotide sequence = different protein structure

And still no new information gained. Use google better next time.

>yes hans, the fucking horseshoe crab is the apex of sentient life how I wish I was a prehistoric crab
>>kys

In some dort they are, they achieved min. 450k years of genetic stability at an advaned level of evolution.

Maybe their life is quite nice, eapecually the vast amounts if eyes sound interesting, I would like to know now their perception is.

If you want to discuss an often appearing but off topic thread, then discuss why it's being posted on politics board.

Most often it becomes a religious debate, easy to fall in to but ultimately fruitless

I have to go to bed.

Gute Nacht.

Did you personally check the genes to make sure there was no gain of information? How do you know if you didn't see it happen?

So you're happy with an observation and description of evolution that occurs over several years but refuse to believe that more change could happen given more time?
This is what I meant about pathetic, but honestly I think you might be 'on the spectrum' you seem to grasp the words but not the concept.

Holy fuck how did you get so dumb? This must be a larp. Sage

Adaptation is not speciation.

Yep. It is empirical science, it can be observed. Unlike the theory of evolution.

I didn't ask if it could be seen, I asked if you personally saw it. You haven't seen anything that you claim happens, happen. You're just a liar, a big fat phony liar.

#

yes it is. you've invented a distinction without a difference. gg and no re

Yes. Now apply your same stupid non argument to everything you believe. Then close your eyes and throw yourself off the nearest highest object.

No it isn't. Not from an evolutionists viewpoint and not from a biological viewpoint either.

If I have my eyes closed I won't be able to know that I'm falling so there's no point. You must be pretty dumb. Dumb and a liar, boy I don't envy you.

>if I have my eyes close I won't be able to know that I'm falling
>You're pretty dumb

You're just a bad troll. And if you aren't trolling, just a genuine idiot.

There's a shit ton of them here in MD. Especially at Sandy Point. It's a state park beach on the Chesapeake Bay right next to the bridge. I used to wear a throw away pair of shoes anytime I went swimming there cuz I'd always step on them and their tails can be sharp as shit.

Wow yet another post from the phony where he just hurls insults instead of presenting an argument.