What does Sup Forums think?

What does Sup Forums think?

>College Humor

Millenials do get blamed for a lot of unwarranted shit. Personally I think anyone above the age of 50 should be euthanised and converted into resources.

Acceptance isn't a right. Only tolerance is guaranteed, and tolerance only entails the bare minimum required for a civil society to function, i.e. Not lynching them on sight.

A little truth, still a bit of entitlement.I work a little over 40 hours a week in a job ive had for 3 years, and by myself wouldnt be able to cover an apartment, utilities, and insurance, and i make over minimum wage in a city that doesnt have crazy cost of living. However its quite easy with a roommate. I still dont have healthcare without my parents tho, but really, if thats even the governments job to insure that you have healthcare is a point of debate. Old people piss me off, but this generation is not blameless of pettiness and entitlement, no more blameless than bloomers being guilty of complaining about everything.

I can't wait until you're converted into resources

Surely bait opinion

Both are true. The economy is garbage and worse than ever, but millennials are lazy, entitled snowflakes.

>Implying I won't end myself the moment I stop being self-sufficient.

>t. bitter elderly person
gtfo grandpa

you plan on being useless at 50? jesus fuck, i wont even be retired by then, and my retirement is going to be out of post tax income, so its not like its gonna be a drain on anymone. not like Social security.

No really, I'm sometimes annoyed by typical millennial culture, but the comic is actually representing how harsh building our careers and future is as compared to how easy it was for baby boomers.

Back in the 60's, an entry-level factory worker could own a house and provide for his family and live a comfortable life. Nowadays, that's just a goddamn fantasy, most entry-level jobs require you to be an unpaid intern for two or three years and an unrealistically high set of requirements.

Don't get me started on how college education has become a requirement in most places, but you end up in a huge amount of debt once you graduate and have to pay for it throughout the years.

Nice plans for the future you got there. Would be a pity if someone were to ruin it all for you. :)

You'd be entitled too if the entirety of your culture expounded upon the glorious opportunities that barely exist anymore.

Boomers are rats complaining about how the ship they've been gnawing on for years wasn't sinking in THEIR childhood.

The headers are on the wrong columns.

our HR department has stated ( off the record of course) that they do not even bother interviewing anyone under 30 anymore since recent college grads has proven to be complete shit for about the last 6-7 years

is... is that a threat?

> most entry-level jobs require you to be an unpaid intern for two or three years and an unrealistically high set of requirements
Depends on what kind of job you are going for I worked as a paid plumbers apprentice for a few years

Day of the Resyk when?

Last place I worked at, my manager did nothing but nod her head at meetings all day and complain about "millenials" (i.e. everyone younger than her). I'm not joking, she probably spent two hours every workday complaining about millenials.

I will never accept a tranny hell if I had it my way they wouldnt even be tolerated

>I work an unpaid internship
As a millennial art college grad, I am offended. That guy is like the two percent that actually get one because connections and dick sucking.
Of the three other people I know who graduated in my year two are stuck freelancing while working ad food joints and the other went missing after moving to California to look for a job.

Christ, hello Mr. Paranoid.

No, the government will fuck you up harder than some stranger on the internet ever could.

>HR department
Anyone who works in HR is a soulless, bitter cunt with nothing to live for but other people's misery.

If you work in HR you're the lowest of the low-class scum.

>anti trans bathroom laws passed
its the other fucking way around, trans bathroom laws not passed
it doesnt fucking mean the same thing and you fucking know it
>college humor
college cunts wouldnt know humor if it micro agressed them and misspronouned them in the ass

Friend of mine tried to apply for internships, and the stories I get to hear from it are hilariously awful. I'd punch a whore if they ever dared to drop the word 'overqualified'.

Hiring for an entry level position. 10 years experience minimum.

1, 2 and 3, sure. Makes sense. Employment is a major issue among millennials; having to have experience in even the most menial of positions where you USED to just be trained on the job means you're having to compete with others when you're looking to do just unpaid work for that experience. 2 is odd because she has a gold necklace which is kinda weird if she wants a living wage; don't buy what you don't need and your money will go further. Wages ARE still an issue though, partly due for the "experience" problem, as well as others, though there are ways around it (room mates, living with family etc.)

Insurance is a shaky subject- it's a sad thing that not everyone can afford health care and I feel for them (my family can't afford insurance either; we pay out of pocket and we suffer for it), but you cannot force doctors to work for piddly wages and insecure funds, especially when their degrees cost them possibly millions of dollars, and many years of their lives to obtain. No one is entitled to another man's labor, though there are some concerns over cost that are worth discussing in the proper circles.

4 breaks the narrative of 1 and 2- they're spending time bitching at people instead of working or looking for jobs because they want to feel like they're doing something important. Using a smart phone. That was likely expensive. Depending on what's being protested, the problems are usually either frankly non-issues or something they literally have no control over and they're basically screaming at a wall.

5 is annoying.

Millennials do have issues, and the generation that birthed it (and the generation before that) are definitely not without blame for those issues. But Millennials are also pretty fucking whiny cunts about some of the most minute and hypocritical things in life. For fuck's sake, recently a college professor was almost forced to resign because he refused to take part in a SEGREGATION DAY that the students were demanding. They're fucked up.

And in 4 years they move it to "no one below 40"

>almost forced to resign because he refused to take part in a SEGREGATION DAY
What the fuck is a Segregation day?

To be fair it's not the fault of the millennials themselves. They're just impressionable young people looking for a cause to fight for. Unfortunately they got the wrong deal with marxist lunatics in gender studies feeding them absolute fucking nonsense.

>first day at new job, HR lady makes a bunch of lewd jokes about mine and other hires' names
>HR are a bunch of washed-up 30-something women who spend every lunch hour bragging about how much they drank last night
>start going out to play sports with another new hire on a regular basis
>called into the office on suspicion of having a relationship with said new hire, in violation of the company's code of conduct

>Too young to associate with Baby Boomers
>Too old to be a Millenial either
It's simple, I think everyone is a lazy entitled piece of shit that needs to drink lead and drop dead.

An easy fix, at least.

These job postings are pure kino.

That's age discrimination!

>Retirement will totally still be a thing by the time I get old!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Typical lazy boomer.

AHAHAAHA ITS FUNNY BECAUSE ITS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF THE COMIC 10/10 SOCIAL COMMENTARY BROSEPH

But user, YOU ARE a millenial.

A millenial is someone born inthe 80's or the 90's and who are now adult or starting to be in this new millenium.

The student body was demanding that all white students and professors fuck off for a day because they're just so damn oppressive to the not-white people in the college by breathing the same air as them.

>HR are a bunch of washed-up 30-something women who spend every lunch hour bragging about how much they drank last night
Yep, that sounds strikingly familiar. HR ladies are a good argument to be pro-misogyny.

My favorite are the recent trend of hiring people with required degrees and mandatory zero level experience so they can trial run their new job training and then put them on an "Action plan" for 3 months where they basically can fire them for little things.

>RABBLE RABBLE Why is our workforce comprised of a bunch of older people who keep calling off and work slow!

Ah I see Im glad I never went to college

Wow, Satan would be proud.

And as such?

He can both be a millennial, and have a least an iota of self-awareness. They arn't mutually exclusive.

Slightly more accurate fix.

Have you at any point seen or heard me denying that I feel the world owes me a living?
No?

Then shut the fuck up and go back to sucking cocks.

>What does Sup Forums think?
Millenials is a stupid and misused label.

>blacks segragating themselves
What a time to be alive!

I wonder if they'll demand to be lynched next.

This is accurate and it hurts. Now I have to figure out what to do with my life and my forced-into-quitting-art-college-three-semesters-before-graduation self.
But the health care one might have been the only jobs available and I don't know if you can actually argue your contract to include healthcare if it doesn't already.

Uh? The toilet thing is an actual issue. I don' think it can be equalled with use of pronouns.

I've never really gotten millenial hate.

wtf i love millennials now

t. Millennial

>Have you at any point seen or heard me denying that I feel the world owes me a living?
>No?
>world owes me a living
Honeslty, when we live in a society that can provide it without hurting itself, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a minimal way of living, no matter what.

The millenial has a problem.
The bad problem comes from a bad job.
The bad job comes from a bad education.
The bad education comes from the millenial.

Yes, it's their fault. I'm a millenial, I got a STEM degree, and I work in healthcare. The pay isn't great, but I have enough to rent a room in NYC, I get decent insurance, and I even have some leisure spending money, all while looking for a job in my own field.

So, yeah, it's not the world that's the problem, it's the person.

It happens all the time, for some reason every generation believe that the current ones are stupid or annoying, and everyone was right, because we are cunts just with different problems, in different times.
At least you were from the best generation that people was pretty cool.

millenials are a mistake

I went for the theme of the left panel rather than the content of the right. Basically, I made it about those tiny tumblr teeny boppers who identify as trangender but are actually just arse holes refusing to be "normal". Like said, the issue is misrepresented in the comic to begin with.

>tfw you start a degree that everyone says is easy to pass, but you make yourself ill studying and fail every class two semesters in a row because your best isn't good enough.

>an actual issue

>tfw my degree was going good and my GPA was 3.85 but scheduling fuckups, financial aid only being available for full-time students, three classes that have to have each other for pre-requisites, and my father getting injured screwed me into a corner
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong

>I got lucky and I'm surviving and that's good enough for me!
Shut up Uncle Tom

>first panel set
You pick a shit field you get fuck. Also people need to understand that the internships thing is a requirement now because college degrees are so very common. It's not like the 60s when it was close to 1/9th the population actually finished college. Just like HS in the 40s, everyone having access to that level of education raises the bar for employers because a degree just shows you can take loans.
>second panel
"living wage" is a contrite thing and not entitled no deserving, also most I hear that spout this phrase I hear/see at bars and higher end restaurants blowing an upwards of $100s on shit they don't need. You can live on a lot less then you think you can. It's just adjusting to that life style. Hell the fact the girl in the frames has a gold chain and a nice top is echoing my point of their disconnect.
>third panel.
Such a dramatic exaggeration and ambulances vary in quality but have nothing to do with your insurance. Also work conditions are earn or fought for, not given. You won't get anything from the world if you have nothing to offer them.
>fourth panel
both are stupid for different reasons but the biggest sin here is thinking a march/protest is a smart thing to do, foolishly you demonize both yourself and your enemy which then leads to a stalemate, history has always shown this.
>last panel
fuck you most people are never truly accepted. There lives are a never ending battle for love and respect, you don't just get that shit because you think it's owed to you. Tolerance is there but demanding the world changes for your "needs" only ensures you will be hated more and rejected in greater numbers.

it's a shit comic

Not even Millennials like Millennials.

Just move to a smaller country with a lower cost of living.

That's literally what you're supposed to do when you live in a country that's too competitive like america, it's not a country for upstarts, it's s country built for old money comforts. It's s place of business, not a place of living.

Just fuck off to some south american country like chile or argentina, maybe Italy or spain. Heck if you went to college for anything it's very easy to fuck off to japan, even though their cost of living is a little higher, the fact that they aren't overpopulated means that that doesn't affect day to day life as harshly.

Heck, if you already have dollars saved up you could literally retire right now. A typical webcomic artist's 300 something a month is enough for a comfy apartment in chile. And if you really want to apartment void work, go fuck off to an underdeveloped nation and become a rich baron.

Overworking yourself to death isn't brave or smart, it's masochistic. Millenials got shafted so they just need to shaft back and get out of dodge instead of paying for uncle boomer's bill.

Economic migration isn't just poor people moving to rich countries, you know.

>'murricans have higher unemployment rates
>higher crime rates
>their healthcare and education is more expensive, but not necessarily better, than Europe's
>banks are in cahoots with clinics and colleges to offer young people ridiculous loans that they can't pay
>insurance policies are retarded and do everything in their power not to pay people
>retirement plans force people to stay on the same dead-end job for their rest of their work life, and even then doesn't give them enough money to actually enjoy their retirement
>taxes are at an all-time high, and only funds the military and mass-surveillance agencies
>"hurrrr, u just need to werk hardur"
It's like 'murricans like to be assraped by the government and the companies.

>"banning guns is useless because criminals don't follow the laws to begin with. So they'll either have guns anyway, or find other ways to murder people"
>still waste billions of dollars and ruin people's life's with anti-drugs and anti-prostitution laws because "muh morals"
When did 'murricans become so retarded?

Honestly this ^^^^

Please. You can look back fifty years (or later) and see articles written by other generations that make the same complaints about the new generation.

>"Lazy"
>"Demanding"
>"Ungrateful"

Whatever. The only difference is that our articles reference smart phones and twitter. The only time we didn't have to deal with this as much was around the Great Depression/WWII, because everyone was so fucked that they all had the same sort of complaints.

Or just move out of the city and find a living in a rural area, which is difficult itself, but my cousin lives in my grandma's house paying only $100 a month for water and electricity while working as a truck driver.

>millenials be like: my life is so hard, I barely have money/time for myself, college is boring and a mecca of patriarchy.
it's really cute to see first world country young people being deppressed because their life isn't roses and champagne 24/7.

They're not wrong about the jobs part, not so sure about the rest.

>>retirement plans force people to stay on the same dead-end job for their rest of their work life, and even then doesn't give them enough money to actually enjoy their retirement
Seriously, the best retirement plan you can have is burring your money in the back yard and digging it up later.

Shut up mexican druglord

I'm still chasing my delusional dreams of being a musician because it's all I have going for me.

Great. Now I know I should have just jumped a bridge and been done with it because the internet said so.

This. They're tolerated when they don't get locked up in asylums.

Maybe that's even not far enough. I'm sick of all the tranny shit lately.

Just to clarify, there's nothino wrong with being competitive. Hyper industrious people exist and america is a great place for them, a place for insane masochistic business owners that want to work all day. It takes all kinds. The other kind that runs american business are passive people who are happy toiling away at a wage since they don't have much going on in their life too. That's fine.

But a lot of people just aren't either and want quality of life on top of working towards something. And america just isn't the place for those people. Every day you see living situations get worse and worse and you're a fool to think it'll get any better. The American economy is a fluke from world war 2 and it's only going to head down to a normal state while trying to feign appearances, which will only make things worse and worse for quality of life.

So simply put, just fucking leave. There's nothing for you in america if you genuinely find it tough. America is a tough country built by tough people running tough businesses and there's no shame to not want any part of that. You can find the American dream anywhere else in the world these days if you come from america already.

This is fine too, though it's probably going to get worse as more animosity builds between different classes and immigration.

>
Don't get me started on how college education has become a requirement in most places, but you end up in a huge amount of debt once you graduate and have to pay for it throughout the years.
The fact that people don't realize this is modern day slavery amuses me.

Those are not mutally exclusive. Some of them are even the same thing, like the 2nd and 3rd one.

Disgusting hypocrites.

>tough business
Is that you Jeb?

>ITT first world problems

>didn't fall for the college meme
>spent less than a year on trade school for significantly less money learning how to do a nice easy job that pays significantly more
>had a lot of free time while learning so I could pursue my artistic dreams too
>tfw working a job that's nice, having enough time to draw what I want, and have enough money saved up that I could live comfortably for the next seven years if I quit right now

>and it's only been two years since I started working

Tsk Tsk Tsk. Wageslaves, will they ever learn?

>You pick a shit field you get fuck. Also people need to understand that the internships thing is a requirement now because college degrees are so very common. It's not like the 60s when it was close to 1/9th the population actually finished college. Just like HS in the 40s, everyone having access to that level of education raises the bar for employers because a degree just shows you can take loans.
This is why I'm against free college. That'll only raise the bar even more.

Since nobody else is going to talk about it, I guess I will.

I'd fuck Ms. Living Wage, Ms. Health Care, and (if they're FTM) Mr. Bathroom. Rows 2, 3, and 5 if you want numbers.

What trade did you go after, user?

I know how you feel. I'm chasing my delusional dreams of becoming a filmmaker.
Although I'm starting my own video production company to do it since I have to get funds somehow, and there is a constant demand for video production (even if it's dumb shit like shooting music videos or marriages).

I'm moving to England to do it. I wish I could avoid having to attend a film school but unfortunately I have to enter the country as a student and meet people otherwise I'm never getting a project done. I was thinking of moving to California but now I'm not too sure.

My favorite part is all the people going "you can just get a factory job!"

Like most of the factories aren't in China and Guatemala now.

>unpaid internship

You're getting paid in exposure~~~

Also, the good jobs aren't coming back so go to the gay disco and forget all your problems.

if we only had a president that could bring back those factories and make america great again...

What do you do for a living I will follow in your footsteps right now.

>Embraced the college meme, focused on actually using it for things that need college
>Got a big scholarship, graduated debt free
>Got into medical school, joined the Air Force and got it all paid for + 25k a year stipend + health insurance + life insurance
>Able to max out my Roth IRA since I was 21, set to make 300k a year once I get done with my military payback, still make six figures while doing the payback itself
>Parents didn't pay for any of it

Way to be a big fish in a small pond

>I'm moving to England to do it.

Stay away from these tumours.

Learn a fucking trade.
Do I like being a welder? Not particularly.
Does it pay for my house, bills and insurance? Yes and then some.
I can now just about afford to go to school for whatever I want and if employment opportunities fall through I can go back to welding because shit needing to get built will never go out of style.

>End up working as a janitor at a high school
>Pay is decent and the benefits are nice, but still feel like I'm failing myself somehow

The only way the factories are coming back is with robotic workers.

A man can't work and make a living by the sweat of his brow when we have automated brow wipers.

I'm not "surviving," I'm thriving. I keep getting wage increases, and I'm constantly on the prowl for better opportunities. The problem is that millenials expect a single-step solution and they have a shit education. Whereas in actuality, you don't get a single-step solution ever AND your education isn't supposed to be shit.

if a mexican can walk a hundred miles in the desert, cross the border and get a job at the nearest walmart all in the same day you can also do it.

Why do you think they leave Mexico in the first place?