Why do companies not want to promote from within and give raises to employees anymore?

Why do companies not want to promote from within and give raises to employees anymore?

What ever happened to careers?

Other urls found in this thread:

knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/why-external-hires-get-paid-more-and-perform-worse-than-internal-staff/
ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=24044
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My company does

Congratulations, you're in the minority. More than 60% of companies prefer to look outside for new roles than within.

It's more steps.

-Promote
-Retrain for new job
-hire replacement for old job.

Vs
-hire someone with experience, plug into new job.

Because then employees might realize their real worth and that Mr Shekelstein has been screwing them over for years.

Employees are numbers unless you've reached a certain point.

You have to ingratiate yourself to them by being able to do indispensable things, that no one else there can do (even if it's purely efficiency)

That's wrong though. There's a significant gap of capabilities and time to get people up to speed.

knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/why-external-hires-get-paid-more-and-perform-worse-than-internal-staff/

"""Flexibility""" (ie: firing you at the first opportunity to find someone cheaper).
Only Japan still has this culture of company loyalty but even there it's beginning to change.
Job insecurity is a good way to keep your employees motivated too, even if it burns them on the long term.

This. Often the attitude is: I've done my time here for 40 years, where's my promotion?

Problem is, it's a give/take relationship. Sometimes you get stuck underneath people that feel threatened by those who can do more.

We've let ourselves become a country of bare minimums, tbqh.

if the company doesn't want to promote you eventhough you feel like you deserve it and are capable of the tasks that a promotion would put in your lap, find another job

They do if you provide value to the company. Like many millennial faggots, Sup Forums seems to think that simply putting time into a company somehow = entitlement to more money.

For the record, I'm a millennial who has been at the same company for 7 years, started at 33.5k and now makes about 120k. I realize that kind of increase is an exception but in general you either need to demonstrate enough ability/drive to get yourself promoted (or make a lateral move within the company to some kind of position that has mobility), or ditch that company and rely on your experience there to make a move somewhere else.

There's two sides to this coin, and the other side is being a job hopper no longer is bad on your resume.

I get a new job that pays more every year. It's not my fault that opportunity isn't within anymore, but it is my responsibility to seize opportunity.

"prefer"

Companies do what is most efficient and creates the most profit, so that they can invest in more capital and complete the circle endlessly. Nobody owes you shit, cocksucker. Be better.

>Why do companies not want to promote from within and give raises to employees anymore?
not true this study claims the exact opposite
ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=24044

but i will say that the current job market makes it difficult to move upward because of illegal immigrants taking jobs at lower wages, technological advances means you need to be skilled at what you do, the current economy means you cannot move upwards without being absolutely skilled.

>Why do companies not want to promote from within and give raises to employees anymore?
Why do employees not want to put in any more than the bare minimum required to keep their job?

There are a number of sides to this argument dude. As an employer I would much promote from within as it is normally a less expensive alternative than having to head hunt a ringer which would cost more money in both a salary and training.
I really hate to invoke the millennial meme, but these new workers out there seem to think they can keep doing the same exact thing for years and years and for some reason expect something different. This new generation of workers lack ambition and I really don't understand why.

This is a good thing, careers were a Jewish plot. Become self employed

>careers were a Jewish plot. Become self employed
But then your business becomes your career? are you jewish then

But of course.

>pay raise increases your taxes
>liberals making shitty e-jew propaganda literally haven't the slightest understanding how the bracketed tax system works because they've never held a real job in their lives

see
Maybe you should quit being a cuccboi for Mr. Shekelberg

That's not always true though. I send job hopper resumes into the trash when hiring. A year isn't bad (borderline tho) but I see apps all the time with 2 or 3 jobs in one year. Hiring for hourly positions is a pain in the ass so we do anything to minimize turnover. That includes screening applicants for hoppers. Just how it is.

>This new generation of workers lack ambition and I really don't understand why.

A perfect storm of sociological, educational and economic factors, combined with the right hypocrisies in the right places.

>employee is given job that's explicitly told to do X and Y
>employee then starts to do X, Y, Z, A and a bit of B
>asks for a raise or promotion
>OMG YOU FUKING MILLENIALS WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO WORK HARD AND EARN IT??

This is the worst meme.

Jokes on you, I haven't worked for a wage in at least a decade.

I'm happy with where I'm at. Been higher places, been lower places. Maybe one day, I'll trust society enough again to re-enter it faithfully.

I don't really have material desires, though.

Just beat the Jews at their own game. They're lazy niggers, the only reason they are on top is because most goys don't even try

Disposable employees have little power.
Just remember, fuck dem korrupt unions.

Because millennials don't do any work, everyone knows that. :^)

It's their way of keeping wages down, punishing the weakness of blind loyalty and making sure the upper ranks aren't filled with a bunch of pious do-gooders who prioritise sentiments like "loyalty" and "fairness" above pay.

>increase your taxes
That's the first sign that whoever wrote this doesn't understand how taxation works. Taxation is Progressive. Meaning that an increase in your tax replies only two dollars above a certain point. There's no such thing as making more money and then having all of your money taxed at higher rate, therefore you make less money.

Learn and make contacts when you can. If you want a raise or promotion, get an offer from a competitor and bargain against that. Be loyal to yourself and your own interests. Nobody respects a fool who leaves money on the table.