Why is Junk Food so cheap but Healthy Food costs a fortune?

Why is Junk Food so cheap but Healthy Food costs a fortune?

How are fat people supposed to lose weight...

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/www.today.com/amp/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158
cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/
archive.is/MQn7y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>healthy food costs a fortune

I just made a gallon of potato and leek soup for $6.

Eat an apple you fat fuck.

>Slice of cheese costing 10 cents

Even back then they were jews

Hmm here two potatoes would be 3 dollars, leeks another 3 dollars and that's before any other ingredients.

>Healthy Food costs a fortune
Absolute bullshit.

It has two slices of cheese.

You can see from hamburger to cheeseburger that cheese only costs 5c per slice.

that's an incredibly old picture, and fast food etc isn't as cheap as people claim. Every time people claim that they can't back it up.
Rice and beans are less than one dollar a pound. A cup of rice is an absurd amount of food. Here its maybe 25 cents. Better rice like brown only a touch more, is it dull? Sure but that's not what we are talking about, you have claimed unhealthy food is cheaper and it's not.

Monsanto + corn farmers that rely on government subsidies.

What other ingredients do you need?

McD's is high octane food. Just eat less of it.

>two potatoes would be 3 dollars
You are such a liar

>two potatoes would be 3 dollars

Are you buying free range potatoes that lived in Brad Pitt's bunghole or something? Potatoes cost around $2 for 10lbs.

This is total bullshit. Get some fucking rice and beans. They are cheap as shit.

Because you're too fucking retarded to buy vegetables and don't know the glory of Aldi

Cream/milk, chicken broth or chicken to make stock, spices, herbs, butter, flour.

Nah its 1.29 a pound here and two big potatoes then would be about 3 dollars.

>5 litres of water and some root vegetables
>$24

Where are you buying these things?

he had those already, so they don't count :^)

An entire bag of carrots is one dollar. Celery is even cheaper.

>why's my premium salad more than my burger combo?
You are paying for someone to make it either way. The vegetables don't cost more than the meat, but you see they impose a stupid tax on all salads universally for the fat fucks still not making their own food at home.

Nah. That'll be $3200 for rent please

I was about to say this. You can buy a 50lb bag of rice for $20-$25 and 25lb of beans for $20-$25. It will feed you for months for the price of eating for a day at McDonald's.

It's like $2 for a shit ton of potatoes at wal mart faggot

Chicken
Eggs
Rice
Leafy vegetables

Congratulations you've bought a week's worth of healthy food for 40 dollars

is that a joke? i spend $80-100 a week on healthy food. not expensive at all. dumbass.

>chicken broth/stock

I said potato and leek not fucking gross ass chook hot pot.

I added butter, shallots, cabbage, pine nuts and mushrooms to heap of canned shit I got on special.

>its 1.29 a pound here
lel, what kind of shithole do you live in?
The average price per pound of potatoes in the US is under 60 cents.

>Cream/milk, chicken broth or chicken to make stock, spices, herbs, butter, flour.
All of those are extraneous.

The US subsidized corn to end hunger in America and it backfired via corn syrup. Foods high in salt, transfats, and corn syrup all have very long shelf lives.

The nutritional value of an apple is little more that fructose and fiber 3 months after being picked, and it needs to be in cold storage that entire time. Actually most apples you purchase at the grocery store were picked more than 10 months ago.

desu you also shop around.
You dont buy the same 10 staple foods.
If white rice is expensive, buy brown rice that week.
If egglands best eggs are expensive, buy stop n shop brand that week
If chicken is expensive buy turkey that week

I have trouble gaining weight even from eating junk food so I'm curious how much of a disgusting glutton you have to be to be a fat fuck. Like how many meals do you eat in a day and do you just stuff your face?

yeah i never understood this meme. how the hell is eating out easier than making food yourself? it's cheaper and you get a lot more food when you use raw ingredients. meat is the most expensive thing but chicken is cheap as hell.

Junk food is a lot more expensive than the grocery store, unless you suck at shopping.

Fat people basically never stop eating. When they are at work, they constantly grab a snack and continue to do so throughout the day.

A big city

The only outlier to this rule is Doritos. Fucking $5 a bag where I am from...

>Celery is even cheaper
Actually I've noticed a sharp upswing in the price of celery lately, it's still cheap though, just say'n. Where they really get you theses days is with strawberries, blueberries etc, a pint of locally grown berries is about 8 fucking dollars now and all the farms employ dirt cheap Jamaicans etc to pick them, I sense a jew is involved

where exactly does one get the big ass bags of rice n beans, from what I can tell walshart only sells the small 1-3lb bags for like 5 bucks

McDonald's was probably much healthier back when it was that cheap. Even adjusted for inflation we are paying more now for less food and less healthy food. Thanks, global capitalism.

This isn't the 70s anymore. McDonalds is actually rather pricey compared to cheap, calorie dense meals you can make at home with fresh ingredients.

Order your groceries online or grow some vegetables yourself. That's a ridiculous price.

What kind of can did it come in OP

>Congratulations you've bought a week's worth of healthy food for 40 dollars

Taco Bell $1x3x7= 24 dollars.

It would also only be about 1400 calories for the day, with all the hot sauce you want. Which is low enough for any grown ass adult to lose weight.

"Da poh" are eating too fucking much, plain and simple. It has nothing to do with the cost of food, though yes-- shit fast food is indeed cheaper than anything you can buy in the store. You can't even re-create the McDick menu at home for less than what you can buy it due to their extreme discounts on buying the raw ingredients in massive bulk.

It's cheaper to get a burger at McDick. Not better, not tasty, but cheaper. Same with just about everything else the Fast Food Jew sells us. But that still isn't an excuse to be fat.

How are you defining junk food and healthy food?

>shit fast food is indeed cheaper than anything you can buy in the store.

That simply is not true.

Fat people pay more to eat crappier garbage. They are not only lazy, but also stupid.

Healthy food is fucking cheap though? Unless you're buying that retarded hipster shit anyway.

I can buy everything I need to make a salad for what is about $8 and depending on how big I want the salads it'll make anywhere from 4-8 meals.

People will tell you to buy rice and beans and shit, and sure this is cheap, but it's not balanced at all and it gets really fucking boring really fucking fast.

I like that Gluttony is getting roundly hated on, but it's only one of the 7 deadly sins. It's easy to hate them because their sin is the most visibly obvious, but when you see a thin person you know their sins are equally deadly and hidden - which is worse.

>A cup of rice is an absurd amount of food.
A cup of rice is 200 calories.

It's not expensive to eat right. It simply takes some thrifty planning for portions and ingredients.

Fat people could lose weight if the welfare food stamps they are given be used towards healthy food and not junk food.

My dad told me a few years ago that it tasted exactly the same. The portion sizes were just smaller. Note that the fries only come in two sizes--large and regular. Regular fries back then are considered a small order of fries today and the large fry is today's medium. The drink cups were smaller, too.

Sam's Club sells them, I know that much.

>That simply is not true.

You can't buy beef as cheap as a global conglomerate. You can't buy chicken as cheap as a global conglomerate.

Price it out, faggot. I'll wait.
Try it.

This is actually one of the cheapest supermarkets in the city, at least in an area where White people live. You must be from a more rural area.

Gluttony doesn't just apply to food, so you have a point.

But not all thin people are gluttons.

should be 6-700 unless you buy cooked rice

>Why is Junk Food so cheap but Healthy Food costs a fortune?
I haven't been out for fast food more than once or twice in the last decade, and generally eat well, the only reason why I have a slight gut is the shitload of beer I drink (which I probably spend more on than food). The only thing that keeps me from full on beer gut is having a dog that needs at least a mile walk every day. Fat people just need a big energetic dogger

I could make the equivalent of a big mac for like $1.50. They cost $7 at mcDs.

Try it if you don't believe me.

Healthy food is cheap, but no one is really taught how to cook.

It's 200 calories for a cup of uncooked rice.

The nuts and legumes portion is probably much larger now because of soy, soy protein, soy protein isolates, and hydrolyzed soy protein

I would probably hate poor people less if they weren't so hideous

some guy proved a while back u can eat mcdonalds every day and still lose weight just by exercising a little.
there is no excuse for being fat

google.com/amp/www.today.com/amp/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158

Cooked not uncooked.

No potatoes are about 35ยข a piece.....

Where in the fuck do you live? San Fran?

You can eat junk food just eat less of it.

Are you retarded? When you buy a big mac, you're also paying for a shitload of overhead costs, labor costs, etc. Buying some fucking beef and bread at walmart is much cheaper.

Eh, I can buy the stuff I need to make 4 quarter pounders for cheaper than it is to go to McDonalds and buy 4 quarter pounders.

The initial investment is more because you can't just buy the ingredients for a single burger, but the price per burger is cheaper.
I can get 4 burgers, 4 buns, lettuce (that'll last like 20 burgers), enough cheese for 8 burgers, tomato sauce for like 200 fucking burgers and bacon for 8 burgers and it'll break about even with the price of 4 McDonalds quarter pounders. But if I get 4 more burgers and buns I'll have 8 burgers for the price of like 6 from McDonalds.

It's not even cheap anymore. A big mac meal costs nearly $10 in my city. Way cheaper to make food at home and healthier too

I could make the equivalent of a big mac for way less than it costs at mcdonalds. easy.

If you factor in electricity to cook with, and rent then maybe not but you have to pay rent regardless.

you're literally retarded if you think fast food is cheaper.

no

I'm from a state with more agriculture, but location is no reason to pay that much more. You can buy potatoes for less than $1/lb online anywhere in the contiguous states.

You can get a mcdouble with mac sauce on it for ~1.30 here. McDonald's is always cheaper unless you're living on rice and beans.

These.

You can buy beef patties for like 20 cents on a pound. You can't beat that.

$1 meal at taco Bell three times a day

Sounds filling, and think of the weight you'll lose with explosive diarrhea all day every day

that sign was taken just after they freed the niggers.

Never understood the cost argument for healthy food. Even if it were true, it costs literally nothing to not eat so no food is cheaper still and the people who make the cost argument are usually the ones that could do with a day or two of starvation.

All organic food is expensive, but the reality of the situation is the only gmo foods in this country are corn, and wheat, and there is organic versions of those... dairy is really a waste of money: You get vitamin d from the sun, and calcium comes from a little greens, all the rest is fine whether organic or not, but just in case it's good to eat a little appleseeds and some garlic every once in a while for b17 and anti oxidant properties...

with 4:50 I can get enough ground beef to make at least 20 mcdoubles.

Those are tiny.

>buy bulk potatoes from Idaho you dumb fuk
Dont buy chobani, they hire muslims that rape children

>390 calories for 1.30

That isn't cheap--you could buy a pound of beef and toss shit on it that you have lying around in your refrigerator and you'd easily get more calories per price with homemade burgers. If you want to eat junkfood that's actually cheap, you'd be buying frozen burritos or some shit.

Because minimum wage increases and only massive corporations can afford to cut the costs of their food instead of raising prices.

THe diarehea you get from drinking out of streams that drain the jungles of vancouver island is less bad.

dont ask me how I know that.

Mcdouble add mac sauce, I used to torrent and do my homework from there wifi all the time back when I was a borderline hobo student, me and my friends got alot of free food for that place.

How in the hell are you getting diarrhea from Taco Bell? I used to work there over a decade ago and everything is precooked. Can your stomach not process cumin and chili powder or something?

Do you guys not factor in the cost of your time? I'm always busy as fuck and have gotten into the habit of factoring in the cost of my time when making almost any decision, and no when the chicks find out I am subconsciously doing this they don't approve. Unless you are NEET time is an expensive luxury these days

I've seen lots of YT videos of bodybuilders on how to gain weight eating between 3,000 - 4,000 calories a day for under $50-70 a week.

They buy a lot of cheap ground beef, frozen veggies, rice, pasta, oats, whole milk, peanut butter, beans, chicken - just takes planning.

I could never really think straight after I ate that crap.

It was good after a night out drinking before sleep though.

Boohoo, you'll have to spend like an hour a day to cook your meals. Stop being a lazy faggot.

>Do you guys not factor in the cost of your time?

I have a ritual when I get off of work: I crack open some beer and immediately start cooking some burgers, steaks, etc. I've done this for years--drinking while cooking every single night (yeah, I've got a drinking problem fuck off).

>Unless you are NEET time is an expensive luxury these days

I'm between jobs at the moment but still--I've always drank while cooking for myself.

you're not getting paid when you're not working, so no I don't factor in the cost of my time.

plus I don't like giving my money to degenerates.

but I guess you're a successful entrepreneur or some shit, on the clock 24/7 always running around in your bmw for your clients, being the big shot consumer that you are.

A guy I know that spent his 20s in prison told me about how inmates bulk up on powdered milk.

By not eating so much, regardless of whether it's junk food or not. Losing weight is all about limiting your caloric intake.

Shit, there was that physician like 7 years ago who lost weight eating nothing but garbage like twinkies.

cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

You could probably do the same while eating nothing but McDonald's. Granted, you'll have other health issues, but if you limit your caloric intake properly, you will lose weight.

Well we have the same ritual then, including the drinking problem

It's only a problem if it bothers you.

I can tell your fat ass doesn't buy healthy food because IT'S NOT THAT EXPENSIVE

Please use archive.is on media with a reputation for crap journalism and clickbait.

archive.is/MQn7y