U.S. successfully intercepts I.C.B.M

North Korea, China, and Russia on suicide watch.

archive.is/Reuzd

nice

cool

>test

Yeah that means nothing. The US has faked plenty of missile tests before.

Not saying it can't be done or isn't probably, just saying this isn't reliable information.

this image reminds me, when i was like 10 or 12 i fantasized about my dick reaching the sky, just like image related
dreams shattered, i ended up with a japanese penis

>successfully
>successful
>implying

You realize the U.S. military would never admit to a failure, especially on the cusp of a possible major conflict, right?

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

>1 MISSILE

ye good luck stop 5.000

>MAD BTFO

We global hegemony now.

If you fuck up the balance of power too much the Russkies will probably do something drastic.

Garbage the post by stinky the poster.

Russia's military might as well be North Korean tier. All they can do is threaten to use nukes.

ICBM "class" target......jews jewing jewingly.

trips of truth

Theyve admitted to multiple failures, look up their hypersonic tests that have failed. It happens. No one cares unless its multiple failures and your being a total fag about it like NK does or Iran. Fuck you know how many V2 rockets blew up in embarrassing manners before the germans invented rocketry
successfully?

>in ideal controlled test conditions

to get to realistic conditions, you start testing ideal ones
think about this when you request the technology to be shared with the UK

Just 1? Don't they have a 50% failure rate during test conditions? Meaning it's probably even worse when actually used outside of testing?

This *might* be effective for NK, but Russia is going to send in more than several hundred if it came to it.

How is this a big deal? I remember reading stuff about the US being able to use lasers to detonate about anything out of the air before it ever gets close to US soil.

I assume we have tech ten years ahead of whatever is publicly known and if we ever have to use it, people are going to shit themselves.

In 5 years we could stop 100

lol these interceptors won't save you, burger brains.

the thing is, Billy
they intercepted an ICMB, was it an enemy ICMB?
i mean if i decide to punch myself i will deflect the blow
did the missile had same speed/manouver capabilities as the russian/chinese icmb missiles?

They didn't intercept an ICBM but and ICBM size target. Total fine print horseshit. Russian missiles are generations ahead of the Amerikans because they didn't have MIC hedge funds lobbying for tits on a bull military gear and invested on a bang for buck basis.

still, the UK will beg for them

Hey! Same.

This is the first time we've ever intercepted one dipshit

You didn't though faggot.

Mine is average but still mildly disappointing.

Saw this test during my lunch break today. It's always fun to see the rockets and missiles going off. Can't wait for the norks to nuke me ;_;

nukes arent real you idiot

The US still only has about a 50% success rate with ICBM interception tests.

We already had that ability.

In an actual nuclear war the enemy would send out thousands of missiles rendering the ability moot

>doesn't even know the proper acronym
>thinks he can participate in the conversation

What's the deal with those debnts?

Germany and France take notice.
There's a new sheriff in town.

You'd be surprised what 5-10yrs can do.
What are you trying to say ?

oh for fuck's sake
can't wait for this '''''''''''''evidence''''''''''''''

Top kek. Intercepting your own test missile is like parrying your own punch

How else would you test it

>thinks i care

>thousands of nukes
Only so many of them are ready to be fired and what made this test different is it intercepted it in space before the warheads separated.

Instead of hitting all 18 warheads from a nuclear missile on reentry they now only have to hit 1 missile in space before they seperate.

Intercept norks test ICBMs

>fake and gay... repeat...fake and gay.

Russia unfortunately is not on suicide watch. They have VERY FAST ICMBs & submarines that will send nukes too close & too low to be intercepted. We should still never pick a fight w them.

>In an actual nuclear war the enemy would send out thousands of missiles rendering the ability moot

The enemy doesn't have thousands of missiles. Why do you comment about things you are ignorant about?

Lets see your country do it, or get something into low earth orbit for that matter.

Because the chinks don't lie about their ICBM inventory, and they would never fire decoys along with the nuclear warheads

>Because the chinks don't lie about their ICBM inventory,
Do you have any evidence that they are lying? Or are you just hoping that they are because its what you want to be true?

Uruguay might be the least likely country to ever get nuked

sup dawg?
first you steal my flag then my quote?

Uruguay you are cool

I don't think you understand that the missile itself is almost as valuable as the warhead.

Obviously I don't, but do you really think they are telling the truth?

You know you don't need the decimal point with integer numbers like 5, right?

Ruskies have sub based missiles that can't be intercepted like ICBM's. This BTFO's the norks though

>Lets see your country do it
Oh I didn't realize you were on the NASA team lmao

It's not only about value. It's a lot harder to build nukes without people noticing than missiles. Besides, you don't need to build nuclear capable ICBM missiles, you just need to build something that tricks interceptors into think they might be missiles.

I'm sorry I didn't look. I guess the same thing happened with the flag? Maybe ours is older though

Well, I have a copy of International Security that just came out. It has a great analysis of US imaging and how it relates to counterforce targeting. It illustrates how difficult it really is to manufacture ICBMs and hide them. Even tracking mobile systems using MSI tech is compared to systems just 10 years ago.

If you go to JSTOR I'm sure you can find it. And since you seem to insist that you are educated about this topic, I'm sure you would have access to the journals that focus on security topics so that you can be well informed before you reach your conclusion.

Right?

So does this end nuclear deterence and MAD? I don't want to go to war, guys

I'm not a faggot neet loser like you

MAD hasn't been a thing since the 1970s, user. Sup Forums just has too flimsy a grasp on actual policy to understand it.

The new hotness in the world of deterrence is 'Warfighting'.

LOL as if we don't see everything, everywhere, every time

The days of MAD are numbered. As soon as we build enough of these anti missiles systems it's out the window.

The key word is "assured". They will always probably, or possibly be able to strike us but because we have a defense against ICBMs and they don't it is by no means "assured".

We better hope the Russians believe we actually cannot do this because, if they ever believe the US is about to become invulnerable to Russian ICBM's, we're dead.

wtf diplomatic policy has to do with the military?
at this exact moment you have people on multiple sites ready to press the button you dum dum

1. shoot down ICBM
2. strap on nuke: short-mid range nuke that is as fast as cutting edge anti-ICBM tech

So...this is checkmate right?

Unfortunately the Soviets beat us to the ICBM. Their R-7 rocket was the first actual ICBM ever built.
The first design of an ICBM was done by Wernher von Braun. So technically neither the US or USSR invented the concept of the ICBM.

All armed countries are lying about their nuclear capabilities. They say enough that it will act as a deterrent, but not enough that it will help the enemy build up defenses or know where to look.
The intelligence services of some countries know to a certain extent the 'real' capabilities of some other countries, but of course not all. Because they all know this, a polite "don't publish mine and I won't publish yours" system exists. When I say publish I mean literally post it on wikipedia, I'm not counting sharing intel with allies etc

As far as the difficult in building them, I'm sure it is tremendously difficult, especially for a country like North Korea or Iran. Russia is a bit of a different story, and China much more so. If you've seen the sort of wacky massive projects that the Chinese have undertaken, sometimes for retarded reasons, you'd know it's entirely within their reach that they might be harder to trace than you'd think. I wouldn't put undisclosed underground mines or factories past them, but no need to go into specifics, it's safe to assume there's a good chance they've come up with a way to get around being obvious that I can't even imagine.

But of course, if you want to take that publicly available goy magazine's word for it, I won't blame you. It makes sleeping easier, doesn't it?

This is a good example of what I was just talking about. This poster is so clueless he is just rambling.

Did you really just ask what nuclear policy was?

america already had this technology. problem is that it's only been successful on half of its tests

>But of course, if you want to take that publicly available goy magazine's word for it, I won't blame you. It makes sleeping easier, doesn't it?
I'm sure you would have access to the journals that focus on security topics so that you can be well informed before you reach your conclusion.
>Right?

stop being mean to each other

Also least likely to go to any other celestial body outside earth

And of course you have so much evidence to support your conclusion here and its totally not based on what your 'expert' opinion is, right?

I mean its not that you would just be hoping and drawing conclusions with no real evidence to support it?

But you are right. I remember when the US agreed not to publicise Soviet missiles in Cuba.
And the US military, which love to spend money, would never discover that its opponents had more capability than they published, and would never use that to justify a higher budget to congress?

And imagine if the US people found out that the US military was actually stronger than they said they were?
They would hate that, amirite?

Pretty much. Our conventional military is decades ahead of everyone else technology wise. Within 5-10 years we will have rail guns and lasers on our stuff not to mention our military will always be the biggest and most spread out over the globe.

All the other countries can do is threaten nuclear war. If they lose that then they are at the mercy of The United States military.

good point. I'm swinging over cunt! Accept BTC to sleep under your house?

Germanistan and Canuckida. Who would have thought these 2 shit holes would still be around this day and age?

I know.
It's mean to ask people to support their opinions when those opinions are based on nothing.

>do something drastic
like invade Canada

no i asked if you are naive enough to believe the nations are playing by some hippy rules
like what? i have to take the word of any goverment on the amount of nukes they have?
or if they have nukes? for all i know my stupid goverment has nukes
oh wait, maybe i will trust the UN inspectors
this is not "vaccines are cancer" shit, this is fuckin common sense

Germany doesn't exist faggot....unlike your gunt and need to fellate your CAPCOM superiors.

those are some grand delusions

This risible non-test = flying cars of a never arriving future.

you are kidding right? 5-10 years?!

Everybody forget highly classified projects and are thinking about 60's fucking missile technology...

I'm pretty sure there will be a fucking mind controlling Pepe fucking firing rail gun slugs and lasers out his japseye . Who honestly knows?

Are spies that much better now? they are human...so no!

mark my words... like Hiroshima and Nagasaki

FKNBOOM!

>implying russia gives a fuck about a zionist plot to permit the us to show off last gen tech just in order to propel their "mah russia" agenda
nu/pol/ was a mistake

>flag
>talking about missile systems

i watched the whole vid waiting for it to get intercepted. even if it failed i think theyd say it was a success if theres no proof

Don't worry, leaf. Most of our missile defence stuff is in Alaska so we'll protect you.

I can't wait to see these railguns be used in combat. I think they plan on using at least 1 next year.

Military is allowed to lie about anything to anyone except themselves.

>flag
>expert level: faggot
s400 whoop your ass noob

>naive enough to believe the nations are playing by some hippy rules
NewSTART is a treaty.
Contrary to what you seem to think, hiding nuclear weapons is not a good idea. It jeopardizes stability.
The fact that I even have to explain this to you reinforces your ignorance on this subject.

You have invented a world where the US MIC, given a perfectly rational reason to spend money (the Chinese/Russians are lying about NewSTART DEs) would not use this.

You supposed justification is that the US is ALSO exceeding the treaty limits and you for some reason think that the US populace, who elected a man who thinks that NewSTART is a bad deal, would see this as a bad thing.

Your entire premise revolves around the silly idea that the people in the US would be APPALLED to discover that their military was hiding something and SHOCKED to discover it was actually stronger than it claimed.

And all of this without a single shred of proof beyond 'common sense' that shows a stunning lack of awareness about the US populaces love affair with its military.

Just wait until they declassify the D-2 projectile again.

I've worked at that arsenal it is crawling with kikes...and railguns are basically useless.

pay debnts

Only after you've been re-classified as 4F(aggot).

The Dunning-Kruger effect in one post.

Aww do you not know about that program? Would you like for me to educate you, or would you rather be stupid?

Silly question. You are European. You prefer stupidity.

Yes yours definitely is. Would you like a gold star or scratch n' sniff sticker for it?

My dad works at Nintendo and could beat up your dad.

You're asking me if I have evidence that the Chinese are hiding nukes?
When you're planning a defense you're supposed to prepare for what the enemy might reasonably be able to do, not for what you've got evidence that you need to prepare against. That's how you get blitzkreig'd. This is particularly relevant when discussing superpowers' best hidden secrets on an anime forum. Whatever evidence you or I have are goy tier publications, if we had access to anything relevant we wouldn't be here and we wouldn't post them.

If you want hints I'm sure there's stuff you can google. Maybe those retarded Chinese projects, massive landscaping, post-earthquake measures, etc, were just smart ways of hiding something else. Same for the Pentagon, maybe the retarded prices at which they're buying things is just a way to spend money in secret projects without disclosing. As for the Cuban missiles, I guess that it had gotten to the point where it was best to mobilize against it and there was no point in hiding it anymore, but you can see the difference between setting up silos 500km away from Florida and setting them up in the middle of Siberia or Sichuan.

As for getting the money for it, again, your military is either hiding massive projects or spending money in retarded ways. I'm leaning towards the first. Either way, I highly doubt your congress makes their budget decisions based on JSTOR.

Better unbuckle your belt extender for this strenuous exercise in mediocre tedium.

The policy of Raytheon, Halliburton, DARPA, and basically every DOD company is to stay 40years or so ahead of the next competitor. We spend amazing amounts of money on our defense budget, more than the rest of the world combined, every year. People that think the U.S. is falling behind militarily are fucking dense.

My father solo crews his bluewater boat about the planet. Your father is an angry alcoholic with a penchant for mopery.

Your MIC is totally owned and controlled by hedge fund managers looking to extract maximum payout from the tax base.