LA's bike share program

How much do you suppose they paid per bike? This program cost $11 million just to setup. Public transit ridership continues to dwindle but Metro continues to find ways to spend.

They just spent $2 million to add bike racks to Union Station.

Other urls found in this thread:

assets.documentcloud.
inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/6133689682.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fags.

Fuck you, man. Shared bikes are dope. They solve the “last mile” problem when you arrive to a Metro station (think Pasadena) and then basically need to walk for 30 minutes or use a bus (wait 25 minutes + ride 5 minutes).

In China shared bikes are all the rage now, except for the fact that they’re much more advanced: they have a GSM/GPS module and are unlocked by using an app. So you don’t need to check them in at the designated location (rack might be full), instead you just park it on the street, lock it and you’re done.

Is it true China has bike vandalism culture? Like someone will just walk up and trash your bike for no reason if you leave it on the street?

At least if they're riding a bike that's actual exercise

>In China shared bikes are all the rage.

Chinese in Pasadena drive Tesla.

The annual operating cost for 1 bicycle in the Washington DC bike share was about $1800!

No. But, with the advent of 5+ bike-sharing companies the cops / city authorities can get pissy about you parking the bike at an inappropriate. spot.

>$1800!

This makes no sense! How? To be honest I too find Chinese bike sharing companies incredibly naive. E.g. they claim their bikes will have a life of 4 years and I have already seen numerous bikes that are unusable due to damage / software malfunction. And the price you pay is incredibly low. Like for the last couple of days I’ve paid less than $1 cumulatively and I’ve used bikes a lot! I’m going to enjoy till it lasts…

They aren't buying $100 Chinese bikes from Walmart and they have city employees or minority owned businesses with expensive benefits maintaining them.

Didn't they already have a bike "share" program?

>Chinese bikes

Some of the bikes are pretty awesome. From what I read the cheapest ones are by Ofo (~$50) and they go up to ~$450 for Mobike. Btw I think you’re deluding yourself by thinking that US / European bikeshares somehow use better bicycles. From experience I can tell you they are on the same level as city-provided shared bikes in China.

Invest 11 million in bikes. Niggers steal them all in less than a month.

From what I can find LA is using bike made by Trek.

I used a shared bike once. It cost 5 bucks for an hour for a 3 speed bike. The seat was loose and the handles were sticky. Overall, 6/10.

We have these ALL over Toronto for years now.

>Niggers steal them all in less than a month.
Mexicans.

drop bar with no bar tape? Feminists are fucking retarded!

its probably because local gov have to go with the cheapest tender put forward to install and usualy has cost overruns, delays and sitch. if you read up on the woolman rink history in newyork it highlights everything wrong with beuocracy. trump was the man that fixed that problem

I always thought this idea was really cool

I can always count on you, Australia. Gives me a bit of comfort to know ya'll are out there, shitposting for the rest of us.

I don't think bike share is a completely bad idea.
Mixed views,..

But i will say is if you're a beta male or female in the wrong situation around not good people, you are a fucking MARK ASS target for sure.

GIMME ALL YO MONEY MOTHA FUCKA
I'LL KILL YOU!

That's because you've always been a faggot.

I did bike share a few times in Europe. The racks get full way too often I almost got arrested for not returning a bike.

Why don't people just use their own bikes they own? I don't get the appeal.

>2017
>renting a bike by the hour because it's trendy

Stop using exclamation points in your posts faggot

I don't think his point was that we use better bikes, I think his point is that we use overpriced bikes.

Bikeshare bikes typically cost about $1000 each.

>Trek

Like it’s supposed to mean anything. Can they switch gears? If not they’re just like any other bikeshare out there.

That is like saying you don't care what you eat because its all going to turn into shit anyway.

They have (((sponsored))) ones in London - they are a pain in the ass because you take your bike from place X get to place Y and there are no racks left to fit it in and the meter runs and runs.

No it’s not like that at all. A bike is just a bike. If it’s a basic model with no complications I don’t see why I should prefer a branded model over the no-name Chinese factory. A more expensive model doesn’t have hidden benefits for me (the way more expensive food does).

>tfw no dutch style cycling paths in 90% of my city

time to die in my sleep. Cycling is probably the best thing that Americans can do right now. They can get less fat and use less fuel and on occasion it's faster than public transportation.

Can someone answer this for me

I think so they can leave their bike somewhere and won't look like a bike geek when they come to work.

There's a guy on craigslist selling bikes for $5. I'm tempted to buy one or two, but bike thieves are the lowest of the low. They should be hanged.

>How much do you suppose they paid per bike?

Did some digging and found a 'confidential equipment quote' for New Orleans (same bikes - BCycle 2.0)
assets.documentcloud. org/documents/2901479/BCycle-Attachments.pdf

BIKE COST: $1721 per unit
DOCK COST: $620 per unit
USER REVENUE: $763.48 per bike per year
OPERATING COSTS: $1970 per bike per year
OPERATIONAL DEFICIT: $1207 per bike per year
What a fucking joke!

He lives in Tweekerville and is selling bikes for $5. No info, just a pile of bikes. Let me see if I can find the listing.

inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/6133689682.html

>seems_legit.npe

i don't know how much more orwell i can take

You forget that government bureaucrats respond to a lot of the same incentives globally.

Guy in charge of acquisition: "You know I was going to go with the cheapest options but these latina sex workers have made a very persuasive argument for acquiring Trek bicycles..."

they have the same system in French cities.

its 2.5 euros for 24 hours or 20 euros for an entire year. pretty damn good value.

Just add another tax to licences/cars, problem solved.

We have this in my home town too. It works really well to be honest. I would guess it costs a shitload of money for the municipality though. I don't see how they could possibly afford paying off the bikes, docks, maintenance, moving them (they do this every night to make sure not all bikes are at one location) when it costs almost nothing to use them.

>They just spent $2 million to add bike racks to Union Station.

Having no underground bike-storage. Absolutely third world.

I visited the Utrecht centraal bike storage a few weeks ago. Completely unbelievable, never seen anything like it.

Boris bikes are the shit senpai.

We have bike sharing in our capital city called Bicikelj and they are super fucking useful (and free for the first hour). I heard something like 100k people are registered in the system (in a city of 200k, country population 2 mil).

I just checked and we pay nothing for the system per se, the company that is in charge of it gets advertising locations around the city for free.

I'm guessing it turned out to be a huge stress relief for the city's transport infrastructure. Hooray for bike sharing!

Why not use the valet service?

The main benefit is you are much more flexible.
You have to go to work in the morning, but it looks like it's going to rain later? Take bike sharing to work, then go home by bus or taxi.

A friend called you for coffee? Jump on a bike and be there in 5 minutes instead of 20.

Have to catch a bus, but you're at the wrong station? Waiting for a bus so you can change later would take half an hour... Jump on a bike and ride to the correct station in 5 minutes, catch the correct bus.

I actually use bike sharing to get to my closest car sharing station. I don't have to own a car which saves me at least 200-300€ every single month. Think about it... Sharing is the future depending on where you live.

who the fuck rides a bike with a suit on?

Even arnie says yes you faggot.

>bike program
ehhh hehehehehe.

I live in Hawaii and they're trying to build a 10 billion dollar rail that goes 20 miles, but after 10 miles they've already spent the 10 billion and say they need another 10 billion to finish, and they can't just end the rail where it is or they'd have to pay back federal funds so we're stuck with multiple tax increases that might end up permanent to cover the operating cost of this gay rail. The worst part is that the retard mayor who supported this from the beginning just got reelected. It's like people don't care anymore.

>sharing the town bike is eco-friendly and green-hippity hip now

My city invested 13 million euros over a 10-year period on city bikes (three gears, very basic). That's 8700 euros per bike including the maintenance of the system etc..

To use them, it's 5 euros for a day, or 10 euros for a week, or 25 euros for the whole season (about 6 months I think).

They put this in in London and it seems successful. You just need to not be a 350lb american.

Cool thread.

People who use it for transport instead of a gay hobby

>urban bikes
>muh orwell, tyranny and shieet
????

his voice is clear in my head

>wtff i don't get

what's wrong with fucking urban bikes you fucking pseudo-intellectual imbecile?

would it not have been cheaper to just buy everyone a bike of their own?

In Warsaw you can ride for 20 minutes for free

>imbecile

When Macron and Merkel put you over the barrel, it's going to be magical. You'll never come back from it.

have some respect, you 44 you

shared bikes are cool

> tfw you do not need to own a one
> especially there is no lift in your 5 stories commie block
> especially you can afford one
> but it is literally a small fee for 1 hour
> especially you did not wan to use a bike to go to work but the weather improves and you have a nice ride home

You better be fucking trolling me

just fucking shut up and contemplate local industry

protip: there is none

>this oblivious to the reality of his current situation

You are dead, kid.

>pic
Ghent fucking sucks

>photo op

So what exactly is going to stop Kangz and Pablos from stealing them enmass?

>everyone in LA is so poor from hyper inflation that they can't even afford bikes

fuck

You know nothing of bojos power

>thinking this isn't a another welfare program for colored people of color