Why do people think god is male?

I find it a lot more comforting and logical to think of god as a female, mother type deity. It also explains the capriciousness and jealousy. This isn't a feminist thing, just something that I've found that helps me develop a better relationship with god/fate in general. I think human society in general is male and logical, while the spiritual side of life is more emotional and feminine.

I don't really think God would have, or need a gender.

I'm not disputing that. I'm just wondering why god is typically anthropomorphized in a male form

> "in the name of the FATHER, the Son, and the Holy Spirit..."

how did that arise? Is there a major difference between religions with a paternal god and those with a mother figure?

Thank you for clarifying this

Jesus, the word made flesh, was God embracing human nature to be closer with us and provide salvation to us undeserving wretches by way of his divine revelation.

I dunno, just the way the Abrahamic faiths formed.

>I find it a lot more comforting and logical to think of god as a female, mother type deity

I think that's very sweet

Agricultural societies are patriarchal, as tending the land is hard physical labour men usually better at.

The masculine principal is a active force in the universe.

the Gnostics teach that the holy spirit is the feminine energy. so it would be more like in the name of the father, the son, and the mother.

Adam was made in gods image, but he was made with feminine energy "eve" inside of him

all mythologies say "man" was created first in gods image, and woman was "taken from within man" to be the other half.

God acts upon creation, creation is feminine, God is masculine. That's probably it, although there are an infinite amount of layers repeating it.

This

Because women are filthy dick hunting beasts, lying machines, leeching parasites and moist holes in a nice design. It's easier to imagine God being a man for those reasons.

Because like a woman would ever be productive.

I think this is more the result of a sick society than female nature in general. Society as a whole has become more masculine in terms of the dominance of logic, so women have lost their souls so to speak.

He created everything on earth. Women can't even create a functional society. That's why God is a male. We are the builders and creatures of all man made structures on earth.

Why do I think God is male? Well he made the world, etc etc. Nazi's built rockets, then people said let's see what's in space! They built newer and better rockets and cameras and sent it all out there. Let's discover the everythings! Then they saw this and still tried to say God was not this or not that or not at all... They saw stuff like this and yet here we are all, fighting each other when we could work together and go see what's out there besides us.

>all mythologies say "man" was created first in gods image

This is certainly true in the case of Christianity, but it need be recognized that "Adam" was created in God's image, and while Adam himself was a man, "Adam" more often, and likely in this case, refers to mankind in general.

I'm sooner to believe that god created man in his image of love, creation, jealousy, and indeed wrath, than in his image of being bipedal and having a dick.

Do you think masculine

Creatures that objectively measure the success of their own lives based on the status of the users and visitors of their moisty holes don't have any souls to begin with. Think about it.

DID YOU JUST ASSUME GOD'S GENDER!?!?