Venus terraforming - the ultimate redpill?

Think about it, our own planet with an inmigration system based on race and money.

No crime, no littering, no hobo speak, no degeneracy.

We could watch Earth going down the gutters and sip out Venus martinis watching the Sun set.

Other urls found in this thread:

celticnz.co.nz/VikingNavigation.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My got, first german in 80 years with atleast somesort of decent idea, however, no germans allow, you guys know how to fuck up everything

Easier than working with Mars and easier to get there and back.

Colonizing Oceania is better for a first step though.

Why did you make this thread? Why are we talking about colonizing a planet as if we can actually do it relatively soon, and by we I mean nobody here but very large businesses and government programs.

I'm sick of all the role-play thought experiment shit threads on this board.

Cloud cities are realistic there, not terramemeing

>flagposting

Fuck off, cancer.

Exploiting other planets will not be economically efficient unless 1. there are very valuable resources that are cheaper to mine than on earth or 2. we run out of standing room on Earth. It's way cheaper and safer just to move to Siberia or even Antarctica. Ultimately, there's no rush. We'll never run out of space by covering Siberia with skyscrapers and you don't need to terraform in order to set up mining operations.

It has insufficient magnetic field t begin with

You're a Venus terraforming, dumbfuck.
It's impossible to grow plant life there as far as I know, and temperatures are WAYYYY past Earth's.
Good luck finding a viable material that can withstand those temperatures, food, as well as any plant life.

we need genetically engineer archaea that can tolerate the conditions on Venus and break down the caustic chemical composition of the atmosphere.

- find or make archaea
- stick archaea in a rocket
- launch it at venus
- wait for the fuckers to reproduce and transform atmosphere

We could also try nuking the surface or pounding it with kinetic weapons to cool the atmosphere.

Ive been promoting this for at least a couple of years now. Also made some calculations on getting venus to spin by throwing asteroids on it. I think you need at least all the angular momentum carried in the asteroid belt between mars and jupiter, and then process will take millennia.

Floating cities on the other hand, thats actually not impossible. I think the similar gravity of venus will make it feel much for like home than mars ever could.

But its hot as hell

This. Why don't we start with something like trying to make the Outback lush? Wouldn't that be a lot easier than terraforming a planet? And we aren't even close to being able to yet.

the atmosphere there is so thick that you can build airship cities on top of it

It's only easier in the sense that it already has an atmosphere. That atmosphere is fucking hellish and inhospitable.

Venus has almost no magnetic field due to its slow rotation. It is volcanic so its core ought to be warm enough to have liquid metal. Restarting the Venusian core's dynamo effect through rotation should be the first order of business.

Part of the reason it has a runaway greenhouse effect is due to not having adequate magnetic shielding from space.

>I think the similar gravity of venus
it doesnt have similar gravity

It has about 0.9g

Right. I did read an article as to how it could be colonized using floating structures. However it must be acknowledged that this if far above and beyond Sup Forums's capabilities.

As for Oceania I mean the South Pacific ocean extending into Antarctica and Australia. I personally am a sailor and have a sailing vessel for the purpose of leaving the (((USA))) permanently.

Getting venus to spin is not practically possible. Floating cities is where its at

let's terraform australia first,m'kay?

Best course of action is to deploy subterranean scanners , results may take like 10 years to reach us, them create man made sinkholes where the ground is solid, to counteract the heat , then colonize it

I can't even terraform my my lawn no matter how much I mow it the grass keeps growing like wild.

>the current year, still believing in the space jew

>yes goyim give us your taxes, your kids will get into space

I seriously and unironically think we should build a new "Netherlands" in some shallow sea.

With modern techniques it's actually a piece of cake compared to the original.

>potentially faked videos of astronauts somehow imply that space and planets are not real

Floating cities in the upper Venus atmousphear is probably the most feasible permanent off planet settlement in the near future

The atmosphere is too acidic. We don't have enough baking soda on Earth to neutralize it.

>Ive been promoting this for at least a couple of years now. Also made some calculations on getting venus to spin by throwing asteroids on it. I think you need at least all the angular momentum carried in the asteroid belt between mars and jupiter, and then process will take millennia.
You do not need to make it spin. You want millions of sunshades which can tilt if required - and more sunshades acting as mirrors on the other side that tilt at night and shine at day.

>islam invades north africa and the levant
>"europe, the ultimate redpill? Think about it, our own continent with an imigration system based on race and money. No crime, no littering, no hobo speak, no degeneracy. We could watch Africa and the Levant go down the gutters and sip out European martinis watching the Sun set."
>islam invades the Balkans, converts Albania, Bosnia, holds Constantinople
>"western europe, the ultimate redpill? Think about it, our own lands with an immigration system based on race and money. No crime, no littering, no hobo speak, no degeneracy. We could watch the Balkans go down the gutters and sip out Western European martinis watching the Sun set."
>muslims invade western europe
"Venus, the ultimate redpill? Think about it, our own planet with an immigration system based on race and money. No crime, no littering, no hobo speak, no degeneracy. We could watch Earth go down the gutters and sip out Venus martinis watching the Sun set."
>muslims invade Venus
"Colony space station, the ultimate redpill? Think about it, our own colony space station with an immigration system based on race and money. No crime, no littering, no hobo speak, no degeneracy. We could watch Venus and Earth go down the gutters and sip out Colony space station martinis watching the Sun"
>muslims invade the colony space station
ad infinitum

No, OP. It ends now.

If you are a flat earther I've got bad news for you.

THE VIKINGS AND THEIR FOREBEARS KNEW THE EXACT SIZE OF THE EARTH.

celticnz.co.nz/VikingNavigation.htm

I'm a sailor and if you take the time to read the link you will know and understand how BTFO flat earth theory is. Also my radar doesn't work over the curvature of the earth.

Just stop it, OK?

Its the magnetic field im concerned with

Let's crowdfund a mission to throw all the types of our geothermal vent bacterias that produce oxygen into Venus's atmosphere. We can just sit back and eat tendies while it becomes habitable.

No use debating with flatards, they are all 100% science illiterate and cannot be reasoned with

It's 800 degrees with sulfuric acid fog blanketing the surface, and an atmospheric pressure 90x greater than earth. How about you just fix your country, Hans?

I still think this is a bad idea as long as venus is not spinning

>We could watch Earth going down the gutters and sip out Venus martinis watching the Sun set.
Until Venus develops its own libtards who start importing Earth scum.
>#EarthlingsWelcome
Then you'll have to move on to another planet, huh?

Oh, for fuck's sake, where does white flight stop?

TASA

Tendies
Autistic
Space
Administration

Project PEPE-VAG Planetary Exploration and Potential Earthening of Venus As we Gets.

Well hopefully we can stop the spread of this lunacy with real facts and data.

Also where are these faggots going to get the hundreds or even thousands of Saturn-V rockets needed to get there with all the stuff?

I spend a lot of time on water with muh boat, it's like being in space in a way; out there you are on your own, you have to have all kinds of life support onboard, water, food, fuel, electrical power etc. These fags are CLUELESS.

Im not expecting anybody to colonize venus anytime soon, but some of us have to be dreamers, otherwise were never getting there. I actually started doing some personal research on this, about what is possible and what is not. Might actually write an article about it

You guys literally use star positions for navigation, that alone proves that the earth is round

>96% CO2
>92 times the atmospheric pressure of Earth
>average surface temperature of 462 Celsius
>takes fucking 243 Earth days to rotate once
>clouds of sulphuric acid

Yeah, sure, lets terraform it.

You fucking moron.

You write well. You should write that article. I too dream of space, as a youth I expected we'd be there now. Looks like all the money was spend on shitskins instead of better things. Correct.

Guys I have a better idea.

What if we dont change anything at all and send everyone who unironically touched a quran to venus and call it the sharidise.

no its literally best to just not acknowledge them at all 90% of them are trolls anyway and terraforming a planet at this point is a pipe dream

Venus? Are you fucking retarded? Venus is unfathomably hot and only going to get hotter, and has an atmosphere 50 times heavier than ours, made out of sulfer.