So I just read Osama Bin Laden's letter to America (written in 2002 following the 9/11 attacks) and honestly found it...

So I just read Osama Bin Laden's letter to America (written in 2002 following the 9/11 attacks) and honestly found it to be one of the most eye-opening pieces I have read in a long time. It sounds like something that was written literally yesterday given how eerily accurate his concerns are with regards to our government's actions. I feel like back in 2002 we as a society were not yet acknowledging the whole military-industrial complex and what we were really doing over in the Middle East. But Osama was right on the money with most of it.

More importantly, the letter kind of opens your eyes to the fact that these Muslims are an ancient culture with a history that exponentially eclipses the young state of America. The idea of this war to us sounds absolutely insane but that is simply because our frame of existence is so much smaller than theirs. This isn't the first time in their history that they have fought a supposed aggressor. Combine this with the fact that their desire to die literally exceeds our desire to live, and it's easy to see why this 'war' has ended the way it has.

I highly recommend you read it if you haven't already.

With that said, here is my question: the main catalyst that seems to have sparked this entire thing is America's support of Israel. The Palestinians conquered the Romans and took control of the land. At some point, America intervened and supported Israel's seizure of the area and also continues to support it to this day. I understand that it sucks to get invaded and have your land stolen - but is there anything about Israel's actions that were unfair in the context of typical war/conquests? Are these Muslims just particularly assmad about something that is a "part of life" so-to-speak, or do they have an actual grievance outside of just losing their land?

Other urls found in this thread:

informationclearinghouse.info/article6537.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hmm...are we being shilled now or what?

Not even /his/ is safe.

>Palestinians conquered the Romans
what's it like living in your bizarro timeline?

also can someone do a shop of palestinian kids throwing rocks at roman legionnaires

informationclearinghouse.info/article6537.htm

can read it here.

Please enlighten me. I am not familiar with the history of that region outside of what Osama is claiming.

>Hmm...are we being shilled now or what?
>Not even /his/ is safe.
hmmmm

>muslims
>ancient culture

As heirs to cultures vastly older than Islam, a little resentment at this misconception is warranted.

>implying a conquered and an empire should give a flying fuck about however "old" a culture is compared to their own.
Fuck off, Muhammed. The American Empire is coming. Just wait 'til the shackles come off. I suggest you make peace with the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Shit's about to get biblical.

For starters, the Palestenians didn't conquer the Romans, lmao. Just as the U.S. didn't conquer Britain by winning the Revolutionary War, the Palestenians didn't conquer the Romans when Roman occupation ceased.

Secondly, at the time of Roman occupation, it was almost entirely populated by Jews - Islam didn't exist yet, the 10 tribes of Israel had already disappeared, & almost everyone in the area of the Levant you're referring to was ethnically Judaic & religiously Jewish.

Lastly, Judea, the area of the Levant the Jewish people have currently established a State in, is the homeland of the tribe of Judah, who descended from the ancient Canaanites. Judah, Judaic - see, how crazy is that?

It has had a history of being conquered & occupied, & bloody revolts, led by the remaining descendents of the indigenous people(the Jews), have brought it back under Judaic control. This was a consistent cycle until Titus sacked Jerusalem. Following him was Constantine, who made Palestine a center for Christianity. Ethnically Judaic people did not disappear, though revolts nearly led to their extinction, but the religion of Judaism was widely suppressed while Christianity flourished.

The conquest of Saladin in 1187 brought Islam into the region & Arab settlement in Jewish lands. Ottoman annexation only did more of the same. By this time, ethnic Jews had moved to various regions in Europe or been killed, & their homelands were lost.

The late-19th through mid-20th century saw mass Jewish immigration back to their homeland, a revival of Hebrew language, religion & culture in the area, & eventually, the sovereignty of an ethnically & religiously Jewish State.

What's different about Jewish "conquest" in the Levant, in reference to other colonial expansion, is that the Jews were native to this region & it is rightfully theirs.

Is it wrong to displace millions of people who have been there for centuries now? You can certainly make an argument saying so. (Cont)

US is already in decline.

However, looking at what Muslim Arabs & Southern European Christians have done to their ancestors, is it really unjust? Is it unfair & wrong to want your homeland back & to be free from persecution & genocide?

You noted that "at some point," the U.S. basically just stepped in & killed everyone threatening Israel, but that's really not true. Britain was far more influential in Israel's establishment -they controlled the land following their conquest of the Ottoman Empire & sanctioned the immigration in 1917 & the establishment of a State in the 40s. The U.S. was staunchly anti-Israel until JFK, who accurately referred to it as a beacon of hope & a gateway for democracy in the Middle East, also saying that it must be defended at all costs. The wars were over, & Israel was never really threatened once the U.S. became its ally. Surely before, but not now. You can argue that, perhaps, the U.S.'s protection of Israel is why it hasn't been unjustly attacked, but that's speculation.

The point of this is that the U.S. didn't do shit to help Israel in its initial years, & that Israel's ecistence isa great thing. Whatever Osama spewed in this letter you're referring to is likely the same unwarranted, ahistorical, anti-Semitic rhetoric Arabshave been violently shouting for years. It's wrong, & you've fallen pray to their lies.

>US is already in decline.
Wait...what? Oh geeze. Oh g-gosh. Oh g-g-golly. Why didn't anyone p-p-point this out before? Aw shucks. Welp, that's it then, I guess. Pack it up. Show's over. America has been literally btfo forever because this user read it's in decline. It will never, ever, ever again be a player on the world stage or have any influence whatsoever.
Thank you, user. Thank you for waking me up. Thank you for showing me the truth.
RIP AMERICA! July 4, 1776 - May 30, 2017! RIP!

Why was this thread made twice?

tldr of Usama's mein jihad

>first half is Usama explaining how much of a butt-blasted sand kraut he is. He hates America because it helps Israel, a country that 6 arab/muslim countries warred against and failed to destroy with each attempt.

>the second half is non-stop passive aggressive projection transferred from his shithole of a country onto the west(i.e. america). It's a non-stop bitchfest of how his country, the entire middle east, and islam are irrelevant in everyday life for most of the world compared to the west (i.e. america).

>pic related

I also wonder how this guy was able to end up with the mindset he had. He names every single fuckup in american foreign policy and calls us the "great satan", but never thinks about how "western degeneracy" produced the fucking polio vaccination that saved his family in the 80s. That's one of thousands of examples where america didn't fuckup the world but made it better.

But desu it's funny to think about how spooks gathered dna from one of his family members during a polio vaccination less than 10 miles from where he lived. This family member would lead to more and more info, until finally the spooks showed up at his house 6 months later.

thanks for the red pilling. so basically, the tl;dr of this trash is that muslims are stupid?

It was conquered by the Rashidun caliphate in the 600s from the Byzantines (Romans), then they spent 300 years trying to shill Islam to the stiffnecked populace, which had limited effectiveness. Modern Palestinians are primarily descended from the people in the region prior to the conquest (i.e., mostly Jews and Christians)

didn't osama expliticly said that he was not behind 911, and that killing civilians goes against the Islamic faith?
Wich document is fake? That statement or this letter?

Also
>tfw you realize that 911, as a terror attack, actually worked in the long run
>tfw you can't possibly imagine to kill a civilian, but you get why Osama did it, since his plan worked in the end
>tfw even if Osama has lots of good point, him requesting the US to follow Sharia Law exposes him for what he actually is: a nut job

Osama Bin Laden is a beautiful character, his future (inevitable) biopic will be a masterpiece: there are too many interesting events, traits and statements for such a film to bomb.

What's with the Islamist shilling on this board lately?

at the end of the day muslims are just buttmad that they suck at civilization. Jews can create a functioning state in that shitty desert in just a few decades, and stupid muslims cant. So what the muslims do? They try to flip over the board of the proverbial boardgame that is life.

It's more about sucking at technology.
Our modern lifestyle is obviously not suited for any culture, and in fact I's say it's not even suited for a good chunk of the Sup Forums userbase. We can tolerate this difference, but for people like Osama turning on a American television must have been a nightmare.
I mean, he is basically a XVI century-tier fanatic that would have been considered a bigot even in those times, and this guy lived in a world in which millions of people cared about Britney Spears' brackdown: of course he wanted to nuke everything up.

If you can't see that selling our founding values for profits is going to lead to the ruination of the U.S. then I don't really know what to say apart from calling you short-sighted.

>Jews can create a functioning state in that shitty desert in just a few decades, and stupid muslims cant

Israel is a third-world shithole. UAE is a Muslim country and it is better than Israel in almost every respect

Osama should have turned off the TV and drank a brew with his mates.

triggered

In what sense is Israel a third-world shithole? It has safety and freedom, offers economic opportunity for all its citizens, and offers the luxuries of modern economic activity to its citizens.

Meanwhile the UAE practices literal slavery.

>In what sense is Israel a third-world shithole? It has safety and freedom, offers economic opportunity for all its citizens, and offers the luxuries of modern economic activity to its citizens.
Nope, on one hand we can talk to the arab, muslim and christian minority who lives there and they are harrassed constantly in some parts of any city. I'm assuming you think that racism exists in the US, by that standard Israel is an apartheid state.

>It has safety and freedom, offers economic opportunity for all its citizens, and offers the luxuries of modern economic activity to its citizens.

UAE ranks higher than Israel in Global Safety index, Economic Freedom index and Ease of Doing Business index. In other words, UAE is better than Israel in all of the things you have listed: it has more safety and economic freedom and it offers more economic opportunities and luxuries of modern economic activity for its citizens.

>Meanwhile the UAE practices literal slavery.

So does Israel

I have talked to some of these people and what they told me does not correspond to what you are saying. However even if there is oppression against minorities, that does not make Israel a third world state by any metric. Either way, to call Israel an apartheid state is a blatant lie and is an insult to those that suffered actual apartheid. Arab and muslim minorities in Israel have far far better conditions than christian and jewish minorities in surrounding muslim countries.

You're missing the crucial point that is "ALL its citizens". Ease of doing business index and Economic Freedom index say absolutely NOTHING about economic opportunity for average or minority citizens. Its an indicator of bureaucratic hindrances. In the UAE you don't exactly benefit from nice tax breaks and less regulation when you're a Bangladeshi slave. The UAE does not offer the luxuries of modern economic activity to all its citizens, it offers them to a wealthy jetset that exploit those that are not wealthy. It offers economic freedom only to those that are wealthy. It offers safety only to those who are wealthy. Safety regulations don't exist for the poor guys dying to construct those skyscrapers.

Besides this, you claimed Israel was a third-world country. Its relative position to the UAE has absolutely nothing to do with this. Or are all countries lower on a certain index than the UAE, thirld world countries?

Show me instances of slavery practiced by Israel please.

You sound like a Marxist