Why is the English language so jewed?

Why is the English language so jewed?

Other urls found in this thread:

ddl.ish-lyon.cnrs.fr/fulltext/pellegrino/Pellegrino_2011_Language.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pineapple

Written English will be an auxiliary language long after all the speakers are dead.

English is the most versitile language on the globe, also the most widely spoken overall

English is the de facto language of politics, business, science and mathematics internationally.

English will become the de facto human language and it will adopt (as it already has) words from other languages as popular usage dictates.

Deal with it

Does this mean that English is efficient at conveying information or ??

youre jewed for thinking that dumb shit, OP.

gh is never f at the start of the word. learn phonetics. this shit is fucking embarrassing. I am legit ashamed that you think sounds are made of those in the first place. You're a dipshit.

No, it means that you spend more time trying to convey a message because part of the conversation entails having to clarify pronouns and genders.

yep.

Uh..:.? What? One of you is full of shit

The image is cringe material and incorrect.

english is meh, other indo-european languages with compounding abilities and declension are far better IMO, in the future when the nigs are gone and only aryans remain we'll be speaking pure inflectional and grammatically perfect proto indo european

The GH only sounds like that at the end of words, the O doesn't even have the I sound in Woman (which is Womb+Man), and the TI is transitioning into the ON part.
This is the most retarded understanding of the English Language I've seen.

Because we, the English, have been Jewed for centuries

Who cares, I love being English

this is wrong on every single level

gh is only pronounced f if its at the end of a word

FUCK this shit, I was in uni in babby's first linguistics class and the professor came up with this shit excuse of a meme. Everybody was loling hard, including me, because I didn't realize yet what a sad sack full of shit he was. Now I know!! If I ever see him again I will jump with both feet straight ahead into his face while screaming GHOTI GHOTI GHOTI.
Fucking idiot

THANK GOD have I switched to mechanical engineering and dropped that pseudo scientifical bullshit.

t. david the android off of prometheus

meant for

ddl.ish-lyon.cnrs.fr/fulltext/pellegrino/Pellegrino_2011_Language.pdf

It must be me since I have sources to refute and he doesn't. English (and Germanic languages in general) are the most infrmationally dense. Vietnamese is also surprisingly dense but that can be attributed to it's status as an isolating language - the density doesn't carry over to translations, where shorter fixed phrases or idioms are required. Same issue with Mandarin - you can try to speak it fast but words taken too literally will not convey any useful information at all. Take for example 电脑 literally "electric brain" but always meaning "computer".

the one about "wimen" is a regional thing.

>English used to be more logical
>over time all languages tend to simplify
>vowel sounds tend to merge
>eu, oo, ieu all come to make the same "oo" sound
>consonants become silent
>knight goes from kuh-nig-ht to "nite"
>speech is extremely fluid while spelling is very reluctant to change

except that's wrong on so many fucking levels

Sorry for pointing out how "Ghoti" doesn't sound like Fish. "Ghoti" would be Ghost+Graffiti

>No, it means that you spend more time trying to convey a message because part of the conversation entails having to clarify pronouns and genders.
No that's Polish m8... English is quite simple compared to other languages, especially the Romance ones that are just faggy and weird. Also Chinese which is weird, along with Arabic which is as backwards as the people.

The world has now been SAXON'D.

Whoops. I just saw

Trying to be objective, English language is the GOAT for precisely defining characteristics.
Think about how subtly different 'attractive' 'cute' 'handsome' 'good-looking' 'beautiful' 'gorgeous' 'stunning' and 'pretty' are from each other, yet they technically mean the same thing. I think this is why Literature in English has far exceeded that of any other language. Russian is in second place, but the success of Russian literature is in the illumination of the inner workings of one's consciousness, whereas English literature is that and much more.
The pronunciation of the language is a result of English really being a bastardized language, an amalgamation of other languages.
Attractive - Latin - French/English
Cute - Modern English
Handsome- Middle English
Good-looking- Germanic - Old English
Beautiful- Latin - French - English
Gorgeous- French - English
Stunning- French - English
Pretty- Dutch/English

>more logical

Are you saying it's illogical to spell words the same way in a language with over 40 different vowel systems?

>mfw they call us inbreds

>English has far exceeded that of any other language.
No. All languages attribute feelings to words in this way.

>an amalgamation of other languages.
English is not a creole language.

By the way the language with the largest number of words is dutch.

what the hecking picture?

This is why finns speak the best variant of english:
the rally english

>No. All languages attribute feelings to words in this way.
No actually they don't.

>English is not a creole language.
We don't talk like retards that mish mash words like "mi fi say why u dun kno who did dis to de man u kno?" "wah u say u blodclot hush up mi fi call da babylon now chah!". Just mashed English words and slang talk in Creole with some French.

We use Cornish/Welsh words, French/Latin/German words in our language.

Maybe amalgamation is a wrong word but we most certainly use words from other languages that are embedded into our everyday language and it has been this way for hundreds of years.

To deny this is to embrace stupidity, you're not stupid are you now? Or are you?

the nonsensical rules act as shibboleths.

ananas faggot

How could english have higher information rate than mandarin when mandarin is heavily context-dependent and has lots of short words?

Enough was pronounced 'enog/enok' before, then becoming 'enoh/enow' for then to become 'enof'

just because you don't understand it doesn't mean its pseudoscientific.

>32,000,100

Wow, according to the number above, the 3 stands for 30 million and the 2 stands for 2 million and the 1 stands for 100.

So by the retard logic of "Mathematicians" 123 actually makes one hundred 2 million and 30 million.

WELCOME TO MATHS?

This gave me cancer. Shame dump me spiderman.

>meanings of symbols changing because of logical contextual rules is the same as meanings of symbols changing because of illogical contextual rules

English is pretty awesome comrades

Tion is shin, theyre already wrong

>prounced
>prounced
>prounced
non sequitur
also, that "women" pronunciation is dialectal
I suppose if you elided the beginning and end of the word "Roughition" it would sound similar.
>because of retards like OP

English has more distinct words, meaning there are fewer long compound words, and is a bit easier to pronounce.

dialectical?

Modern English is a hybridization of Germanic roots from the original Anglos and Latin roots via French from the Norman invaders in the 11th century. That's why there are lots of weird pronunciation and grammar inconsistencies. But it's actually one of the most versatile and descriptive languages out there